today, we have a selection of famous phrases for weddings, poems for weddings and civil celebrations.
If you have friends who are getting married or are the one to pass by the altar, this is your chance to sign up for some dedication on love and courtship. You must start your life as a couple on the right foot!
- Don’t miss this collection: “100 phrases about love and romance”
Famous phrases for weddings and poems for civil celebrations
Without delay, let’s find out what are these famous quotes about love which can be integrated into a ceremony as well as a wedding.
1. Love opens the parenthesis, marriage closes it. – Victor Hugo
2. When two people are in the grip of the most violent, the craziest, the most illusory and the most fleeting of passions, they are asked to swear that they will continue in this excited, abnormal and exhausting state continually. until death separates them. – George Bernard Shaw
3. You ask me if you should get married or not; then you will regret whatever you do. – Sophocles
4. The age of marriage comes long before the age of love. – Friedrich Nietzsche
Phrases and dedications of love and on marriage
5. In marriage, one must have qualities which resist, which last, and the great passions soon pass; to the stage that an affable condition at all times is good. – Mariano José de Larra
6. There are such unjust husbands who demand from their wives a loyalty that they violate themselves, they are like generals who cowardly flee the enemy, who yet want their soldiers to hold their place with courage. – Plutarch
7. The only objection to scientific marriage that deserves definitive attention is simply that such a thing could only be forced upon unimaginable slaves and cowards. I don’t know if the science matchmakers are right or wrong when they say it. – Anonymous
Beautiful dedications for weddings
8. I have known many happy marriages, but not a single compatible one. The whole point of marriage is to fight when the incompatibility becomes unquestionable and to survive it. -Gilbert Keith Chesterton
9. Before marriage, love is theoretically considered; in marriage it is put into practice. However, everyone knows that theories don’t always agree with practice. – Henrik Ibsen
My tactic is to watch you
learn how you are
love you as you are
my tactic is to talk to you
and listen to you
build with words an indestructible bridge
my tactic is to stay in your memory
I don’t know how or I don’t know
under what pretext
but stay with you
my tactic is to be frank
and know that you are frank
and that we do not sell simulacra
so that there is no curtain between the two
my strategy is rather
deeper and simpler
my strategy is that any day
I don’t know how or I know
under what pretext
you finally need me.
– “Tactics and Strategy” by Mario Benedetti
Last night I had a dream.
I dreamed that I was walking on the beach
in your company.
On the night screen
the days of my life have been planned.
I looked back and saw footprints on the sand:
an imprint of mine and another of yours.
When my days were over
I stopped and looked back.
I saw that in some places there was only one footprint.
These places coincided
with the days of more anguish, more fear,
the greatest pain of my life.
Then I asked you:
You said you were gonna be with me
every day of my life?
Why did you leave me alone
just in the worst times?
You replied to me :
The days when you saw a single imprint on the sand,
were the days
in which I carried you in my arms.
– Footprints, Anonymous
More phrases on courtship and married life
10. The problem with marriage is that it ends every night after having sex and has to be rebuilt every morning before breakfast. – Gabriel Garcia Marquez
11. When a man marries a second time, it is because he adored his first wife. -Oscar Wilde
12. In any marriage that has lasted more than a week, there are grounds for divorce. The key is to always find reasons to get married. – Robert Anderson
13. When two people are in the grip of the most violent, the craziest, the most illusory and the most fleeting of passions, they are asked to swear that they will continue in this excited, abnormal and exhausting state continually. until death. separates them. – George Bernard Shaw
So far, the famous phrases for weddings
That’s all for today! Hope to see you again soon with new articles and compilations. If you want more, we recommend this selection of emotional phrases that will reach your heart.