Choosing a drug rehab and treatment center for diction is as crucial as it is, in some cases, complex.
In this article, we will go over the key ideas and the most important criteria to consider when choosing, in order to facilitate the final decision making, even for those who have never been in these entities.
What to look for when choosing a rehabilitation center?
These are the main aspects to watch out for when choosing the most suitable drug rehabilitation center in each case. A suitable substance abuse treatment entity exhibits these characteristics.
1. It has health accreditation to perform addictive behavior treatments
this accreditation provides assurance that therapeutic equipment is properly trained and prepared to offer its services in the field of health, and has the necessary material resources.
2. It has a team of multidisciplinary professionals
Coordination and good communication between team members providing therapeutic support are essential. But at the same time, these they should include health professionals specializing in different fields, Offer support that covers all the variables of well-being and all the means of intervention to overcome addictions. This includes doctors, psychologists, monitors and instructors, etc.
3. It adapts to types of therapies and treatments
The best drug rehab centers they offer a fairly large repertoire of forms of therapeutic intervention as if to adapt to the different forms that addictive alterations can take: residential, outpatient, tailor-made and personalized care according to the patient.
4. Treatment includes all phases of recovery
Overcoming drug addiction is not just about detoxification; it should be borne in mind that in order not to relapse, we need professional support from which it is easy to adopt lifestyle habits and to form emotional management skills that take us away from the behavior on which the addiction is based .
Therefore, a drug addiction treatment center must accompany their patients both in the first days when the vicious cycle of consumption is broken and in the following weeks and months, Support for reintegration and reconnection with the outside world and with others, as well as follow-up.
5. Have years of experience
Therapeutic equipment with many years of experience they have formal and empirical knowledge as much of the general and structural aspects of the treatment as of the small unforeseen problems of daily life.
6. The location and environment of the center facilitate recovery
Having a favorable environment to adopt a healthy lifestyle and adopt an appropriate relational dynamic with others is also very important. For this reason, good drug rehab and drug treatment centers usually have calm spaces in the middle of nature, in which it is easy to “disconnect” from the type of environment from which you come.
7. He offers honesty in his dealings with the potential patient
Transparency and honesty are essential when it comes to tackling something as important as health. So, for example, if you do not have the most suitable tools to deal with a problem, quality detox centers offer you suggestions on what to do or where to look.
Are you looking for professional help with addictions?
If you are interested in starting a treatment process to overcome an addiction, please contact us. Fr Plow light, Center located in Valencia, we work both with addictions with substances and with addictions without substances and with a double pathology, either of outpatient treatment or residential treatment through our facilities fully equipped and prepared for short programs. , medium and short stay.
Our team of professionals has been dedicated to the field of addiction treatment for over 30 years. In addition, if your needs do not require a center such as Llaurant La Llum, we will advise and advise you on the best options for your case.
- American Psychiatric Association (APA). (2013). Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (5th ed.). Arlington, VA: American Psychiatric Publishing.
- Kalivas, PW, Volkow, ND (2005). The neural basis of addiction: a pathology of motivation and choice. The American Journal of Psychiatry. 162 (8): pages 1403 to 1413.
- Kauer, JA; RC Malenka (2007). Synaptic plasticity and addiction. Nature Reviews Neuroscience. 8 (11): pages 844 to 58.
- Nutt, DJ; King, LA; Phillips, LD (2010). Drugs Harm the UK: A Multi-Criteria Decision Analysis. The Lancet. 376 (9752): p. 1558 – 1565.
- World Health Organization (1992). International Classification of Diseases and Health Problems, Tenth Revision (ICD-10). Geneva.
- Rockville (MD): Administration of Addiction and Mental Health Services: Treatment Improvement Protocol (TIP) Series, no. 33.