The strong competitiveness and the great demands of the labor market that exist today make it difficult to reconcile personal and professional life, which is why the psychological and physical problems that arise from these conditions have increased considerably.
Bubble Worker Syndrome affects people who are not able to completely disconnect from their work and therefore in their spare time they are usually constantly connected to their electronic devices to perform work-related tasks or research. new ideas linked together, so they have serious problems separating work from personal life.
In this article we will explain in more detail What is trabajador burbuja syndrome? and its main characteristics.
What is Bubble Worker Syndrome?
Bubble worker syndrome is a fairly new concept that has started to ring louder and louder in recent years due to the high demands of certain jobs, augmented by new technologies. In these times, people may continue to work from home or wherever they hide, so many of them find it difficult to completely disconnect from their work.
When we talk about bubble worker syndrome, we are basically referring to those people who constantly they feel like they can’t completely disconnect from workbecause during their daily free time and even when they are on vacation, they are usually constantly connected to their electronic devices to perform work related tasks or try to come up with new related ideas, so they face serious problems to separate professional life of personal life.
How to detect this problem?
Between the main characteristics of people who suffer from bubble worker syndrome the following should be highlighted:
- They often experience stress, fatigue and mood issues due to social isolation.
- They spend too much time in front of the computer and the mobile phone.
- They are very dependent on the internet connection service and in the event of a breakdown, the stress increases considerably.
- They frequently use applications related to their work and those used for banking.
- Their heavy reliance on technology drives them to use it for even the simplest tasks.
- They find it difficult to distinguish between the time they should spend at work and the time they should spend at home.
- This excessive attachment to work caused disorder in their schedules and made family reconciliation impossible.
Tips for Bubble Worker Syndrome
Bubbly worker syndrome and the rest of the work syndromes affect a large number of people all over the world and, as we have described before, all of them can lead to a series of very negative consequences for all the people they suffer from, as well as for their loved ones and even for the companies in which they work together.
This is why it is fundamental that companies use resources and put in place measures to be able to prevent and also detect as soon as possible of this type of syndromes with the objective that the work climate is positive and calm in the most stable way possible and that it is thus reflected in the mood and the mental health in general of all the personnel of the company. If these types of measures are implemented effectively, it will result in an increase in the performance of the workforce and, therefore, in the benefits of the company.
As we mentioned earlier, the generalization of telework in recent years and hyperconnectivity through different electronic devices have favored the increase in the number of cases of bubble worker syndrome, so it is important that measures are taken to prevent it. avoid and that employees no longer have the feeling of being linked to their work throughout the day and thus they are able to carry out playful or recreational, cultural, sporting and/or educational activities, both in the professional, personal, social and family context.
For this, companies should invest in creating prevention programs that promote healthier habits both within the company and on a personal level, certain group therapies that facilitate the development and maintenance of a healthier lifestyle. healthy can be helpful, promote employee safety and self-confidence, and all of this helps to create a positive climate among workers.
In addition to therapy or group sessions within the company could be useful establishing a positive leadership system who helps to inspire employees, who listens to them, teaches them, supports them and who is clear with the objectives that must be set at the company level. In larger companies, a practice or department of health or clinical psychologists could also be set up to provide psychological support to all workers when they need it.
For people who find it difficult to recharge their batteries during their moments of leisure and vacation, some talent management or human resources departments of several companies have implemented a series of measures that encourage digital disconnection outside of work. in order to prevent or treat cases such as those that occur when a person suffers from trabajador burbuja syndrome.
Some of them tips that can help with digital disconnection during holidays and weekly rest days are as follows:
- Try to plan our holidays in time and try to choose the time of year to be able to enjoy it.
- Leave all outstanding issues closed before taking the vacation.
- Take vacations during times when the activity of the workplace itself is less affected.
- Inform in advance of the days when we will be on vacation so that they do not contact us.
- If anyone contacts us on these days, let them know we are on vacation.
- Try to do pleasant and fun activities during the holidays that allow us to disconnect.
- Avoid using electronic devices as much as possible while on vacation.