There are many moments that can create a bad atmosphere at home. Having experienced a lot of things as a couple with their children in the middle, and for different reasons that have snowballed, the situations likely to create latent tension are varied.
Maybe there were issues with his family, daily frictions, financial issues, etc. What to do?
5 keys to improving happiness in married life
The first thing to be clear about is that in a healthy couple there are a number of emotions or principles that are always there, These are:
- Respect: zero insult and contempt.
- My love: warmth is important.
- Empathy: recognizing the feelings of our partner.
- Fluid communication: create a good atmosphere of cordiality, which will lead us to intimacy.
It will give you both physical and mental well-being which will make us happy and, most importantly, will allow you to achieve a clear mutual stability which will help you to be more full.
Arriving here, we ask ourselves a question: What works when the relationship is stable and both members of the couple love it? Let’s take a look at the pillars to consider to answer this question, how to empower them, and how to make them last.
If you’re having a hard time making a commitment to your partner, or if you notice that he or she too, it’s clear that something is wrong.. Commitment is born alone, and it is always with what we feel best, when we see that the other wants to spend his time with us and decides to give us part of his time to enjoy it.
When we commit to living a life together, it means that we will do our best to make this life together work. Living together is not the goal, but being happy to live together. We will promote it:
- Valuing positive qualities: because then we will focus more on the positive and end up emphasizing the negative.
- Appreciate what you have in common with your partner in terms of their way of being or their feelings in the face of bad experiences as a couple.
This translates into good conversations (smooth communication). It is important that you can talk about your everyday things, so that you can get to know yourself better and have conversations that lead to you getting to know yourself better, thus including feelings and perspectives on life that help you understand. The other. This way, we will avoid just being roommates and having that feeling of loneliness. To achieve this, you need to consider these key ideas:
- Recognize the moment: having a good drink in hand, a good dinner accompanied by a moment of intimacy with the person we love the most will make us more comfortable expressing what we are feeling.
- Do not confuse telling intimate things with not having a filter: of course, I ask you to have empathy. Surely you know what topics your partner doesn’t like to know, be aware. The goal is for you to be able to talk about your feelings or your ways of thinking and even future projects that you would like to start with.
3. React in the same way to conflict situations
Each has a very personal style, perhaps more combative than the other, however the important thing is that a positive conclusion is always reached between the two. To achieve this, you need to set goals:
- Establish rules for arguing: like not to sue, when you notice that you are going to say something bad in order not to do it, etc.
- Establish a set of rules that we commit to so as not to fall into discussions that we have dragged on for some time: if, for example, they are caused by problems of order, establish a set of rules concerning them.
4. Emotional and bodily connection
this it is important to be able to fix certain points of union with which we can feel heard on the other side, and above all feel a mutual feeling that we enjoy.
- A good way to connect emotionally is to be able to do guided meditations together and to feel the energy of both. A good exercise, for example, is to follow these meditations hand in hand so that you can feel the energy of the other person, feel their breathing, feel the heat of their body, etc.
5. Satisfying sex life
Fifth point and no less important; it is a vital thing that we must examine. We often think that having a relationship has nothing to do with sex, or that maybe we can relegate it to a second point for not having the time.. It is a bad decision that will only make us worse. That’s why we need to have clear resources to be able to improve and get better sensations.
- Do not forget to use sex games or resort to a bibliography that allows you to understand the whole game better.
Are we reorienting your relationship?
My name is Javier Ares and I am a general health psychologist. My specialties are to help couples to improve their intimate life and, above all, to create a good balance which helps you to be as positive as possible and to put an end to false discussions which only make them suffer more.
I offer a personalized method which, in addition to helping you get to know yourself better, allows you to improve yourself through exercises based on your personal skills so that with practice you can be better and more positive.
Many couples have gone to the psychologist and in the end have not noticed any progress, so I want the protagonist to be you with exercises that you do every week.