In recent years, various drugs have emerged that have had success with consumers. If a few months ago we were talking about a powerful and deadly new substance known as Flakka, in today’s article we will go over the characteristics of a new drug called Tucibi (In English, 2CB) became fashionable because of its hallucinogenic effects.
the Tucibi it is a psychedelic substance which, according to those who have tried it, alters all the senses. The person experiences visual and thought hallucinations, where the power of the imagination is amplified, and may even cause a terrible state of panic. Like many phenylethylamines (PEA), the person notices a very pleasant elevation in the body itself, a feeling of exaggerated strength and intense nervousness and arousal. It is known as the new drug of the rich for its high price.
Tucibi (2CB), a new designer drug
Tucibi is a designer drug. This type of drug was born between 1970 and 1980 in hundreds of clandestine laboratories in the United States, because at that time, in the American country, the sale of hallucinogens was prohibited. Clandestine laboratories began to synthesize chemical compounds similar in structure and effect to banned drugs. Design drugs are obtained by more or less complex chemical processes. obviously, the goal of design drug traffickers is to do business and escape coercive controls.
At that time, when a new synthetic drug was discovered, the American authorities put them on the lists of banned substances. In 1987, when the US government amended the Controlled Substance Act, any substance similar to a prohibited substance also began to be considered prohibited. Later, the World Health Organization adopted the same decision, giving it international validity.
There are three types of designer drugs:
- Substances that mimic the effects of opiates (For example, Goodfella or New Heroin)
- Substances that replace cocaine (for example, Crystal caine or Synth coke)
- Original substances due to the novelty of their effects (For example, ecstasy or LSD)
Tucibi (also called Venus) belongs to the third group of conception drugs.
- Want to know more about the different types of drugs that are out there? In our article “Types of drugs: knowing their characteristics and effects” you will find all the information you need on the different classifications of psychoactive substances.
Characteristics of 2CB
Tucibi (2C-B) or 4-bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenylethylamine (also called: a-desmethyl-DOB, BDMPEA, MFT, Erox, Venus, Nexus) is a psychedelic phenylethylamine of the 2C family. Alexander Shulgin first synthesized it in 1974. The dose ranges from 16 to 24 mg, and it is usually consumed as a powder (Presented with bags in which appear printed figures e.g. color drawings, Superman’s S, skulls, etc.), although it can also be consumed in tablet or capsule form.
The effects of this substance combine those of two other well-known designer drugs: MDMA and LSD. However, its hallucinogenic effects are not as strong as those of LSD, and the stimulants are not as intense as those of MDMA. At low doses the stimulant effects predominate, while at high doses the psychedelic effects become more noticeable. The effects usually last between 4 and 8 hours.
- You might be interested in: “GHB: Drug rapists use to incapacitate their victims”
Risks associated with its consumption
Like any drug, Tucibi can have serious effects on the health of the person who takes it.. In addition to the problems that may arise in their social environment and daily life, such as job loss or family problems. Consuming 2CB can cause problems both in the short term and in the long term. In the short term, it is characteristic that many consumers, due to the hallucinations produced by this substance, suffer from panic attacks or anxiety attacks.
Continuous and long-term use of this medication it is associated with serious problems with anxiety, disorientation and extreme fatigue. Regular consumers often end up suffering from a depressive process as well. in severe cases, they may suffer from psychotic disorders (such as schizophrenia or paranoid disorder) and depersonalization.
The Tucibi is also in Spain
The consumption of Tucibi is also a reality in Spain. June 18, 2016 Spanish police arrested nine people accused of illegal trafficking in this substance, After a raid on a clandestine laboratory located in Madrid.
Eight of the nine detainees are Colombian citizens, according to police authorities. In addition to Tucibi, officers found a large amount of cocaine, methamphetamine and ketamine in their files in two apartments and in the inmates’ underground lab.
- Moya, PR; Berg, KA; Gutierrez-Hernandez, MA; Sáez-Briones, P .; Reyes-Parada, M .; Cassels, BK; Clarke, WP (2007). “Functional selectivity of hallucinogenic derivatives of phenethylamine and phenylisopropylamine in human 5-hydroxytryptamine (5-HT) 2A and 5-HT2C receptors.” The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 321 (3).
- Villalobos CA; Bull P .; Saez, P .; Cassels, BK; Huidobro-Toro, JP (2004). “4-Bromo-2,5-dimethoxyphenethylamine (2C-B) and structurally related phenylethylamines are potent 5-HT2A receptor antagonists in Xenopus laevis oocytes.” British Journal of Pharmacology 141 (7): 1167-74.