Sometimes they ask me what is the key to longevity. Is there anything we can do to live longer? Various studies, like the one published in The Atlantic, have suggested that one of the main predictors of longevity is the absence of worry, stress, and emotional strain.
How can we relax?
Yes, you can learn to relax, and it is not difficult. The ability to remove worries from our mind can be learned.
Keeping a cool head and being calm in particularly stressful situations can help us a lot in our daily life. People who fail to calm down under these circumstances often react instinctively and irrationally, leading to serious problems. When we are in a state of nervousness we are not able to assess the consequences of our actions, so it is vitally important that we learn to manage our emotions and relax.
It will also help us to weigh the situation we have in hand, to have a clearer idea of how we should act, and of course not to inflate in our heads the magnitude of the problem. In the event of a verbal discussion, we can also better manage our involvement in it.
Benefits of knowing how to manage nerves
If we are able to relax in particularly difficult and stressful situations, We will get:
- Maintain a better mood, We move away from psychological stress and save conflicts with others.
- Save time, effort and thought in things that do not bring us anything positive.
- Be in line with our principles, And attract people who are also relaxed. People who live life in a calm and optimistic way, and who flee from conflict.
- Be more attractive. Individuals who manage to remain unmoved in the face of adversity are much more attractive to others because they demonstrate self-confidence and a healthy dose of self-control.
Habits to know how to calm down even in the worst situations
then How can we avoid nervousness and stress?
There are different emotional control techniques that can help us deal with the psychophysiological effects of stress and anxiety. But there’s more: we can also set up some positive habits that can help us calm down and avoid getting caught up in nerves, anger, or any other reaction that doesn’t lead to anything good.
By applying them correctly, we will avoid frustrations, fears, worries and upheavals. which can escalate into hard to solve problems.
1. Ask yourself: is it really worth it?
Our thoughts can help us improve the situation. But beware, as they can also make the situation worse. The key here lies in ask us the right questions, so that we can have a good perspective on the conflict.
- Does it really matter? Very simple. By asking ourselves this question, we will be able to put into context the situation in which we live. It might not be worth worrying about nonsense.
- Will I care in 2 years? Or even in a few weeks? This question can help us put much of the problem we face into perspective. This is very useful in assessing whether it really makes sense to lose your temper or worry too much about something. It is likely that by asking ourselves this question we will take a much more rational perspective on the matter. In two weeks, will this worry have an influence on your life? Probably not.
2. Suppose life doesn’t have to be martyrdom
If you notice that day after day you are obsessed with obsessive thoughts about your problems, maybe you enter a spiral of negativity and thoughts that plunge you into a state of constant nervousness.
Have you tried to distract yourself? Surely, if you put fun in your life, your mind will appreciate it. Doing things you love, spending time with friends, and laughing about life is one of the best cures for nervousness and worry.
When a person has a passionate, fun, and exciting life, they don’t stop to think about the possible worries that surround them. We all, absolutely all live in a society full of things that we don’t like, even things that hurt us. We have to face injustices, but it is very good for our psychological health that we learn to clear our minds., Removing a little the tendency to dramatize life.
So, can help you stop over-analyzing these thorny questions and spend more time exploring the good in life. Getting out of the negative routine and focusing all of your attention on the worries can be tricky because it is a comfort zone. But if you are able to impose a positive dynamic and healthy habits, your self-confidence will increase and you will be able to face any problem in a much healthier way.
3. Humor of complicated situations
What else can we do to try to relax in complex situations?
A good tip is to think differently from the way we normally do. Adding a little humor to stressful situations can be of great help relativize the importance of the problems.
For example, ask yourself:
- What would Doraemon do for me?
- What would my grandmother say if she could see me in this stressful situation?
- How would you act [tu amigo más calmado y confiado] in this circumstance?
This key to easy relaxation allows you to change your view into a fun and relaxed perspective. When you are in a negative mental state (stressed, exhausted, overwhelmed by the situation, gloomy …) it is not bad to demystify the bad time based on humor and good vibrations.
All of these tips are useful for keeping calm during difficult times.. Apply them to your life and you will probably be better. Good luck!