Love has inspired thousands of novels, films, poetry and songs, because it’s a feeling that can move the world. But not only poets or writers have paid attention to this phenomenon, but both psychologists and sociologists have tried to understand it.
A selection of famous romantic dates
Love arouses the most intense emotions, and the passion of falling in love affects the mind and body of lovers. In fact, a lot of studies have been done to find out more, some really amazing.
But despite this research, the phenomenon is so complex that there has not always been a consensus on the results, however, interesting data has been provided, for example, on the chemistry of love, its curious side effects. and what happens with the absence of love and the evil of love
The best love phrases
Over the years,
different characters have evoked love and falling in love in their works, and while it can be difficult to express that feeling in words at times, in today’s article we’ve rounded up 100 of the best phrases on this topic. Hope you enjoy them!
1. I disappeared from your life not by taste or by chance, just to check if you miss me and look for me when you do (RousTalent)
When relationships go badly, it is possible that one of the injured members wants to distance himself to find out if the other is as in love as him and is looking for him. This is not always a good option,
because it is better to use dialogue and negotiation.
2. Come and sleep with me: we won’t make love, he will make us (Julio Cortázar)
When you are so in love with the other person, being by their side is like being in Heaven.
Love surrounds everything they both do.
3. In a kiss, you will know everything that I kept in silence (Pablo Neruda)
A kiss is worth a thousand words when there is love. Certainly, the vast majority of readers have had the pleasure of hearing those passionate kisses that cripple the world.
4. Love has no cure, but it is the only cure for all ills (Leonard Cohen)
Love can often get painful, especially when it comes to the end. However, there is no comparable feeling of being in love with someone and being reciprocated.
5. Love four letters that mark your destiny. Four letters that invite you to dream. Four letters that tell you that you are alive, even though many of you are dead … (Unknown)
Love is four letters that tell us a lot. We are told that life can be wonderful if we complete the sentence with the loved one.
6. If I am happy when I love, then you are my happiness (Unknown)
Love and happiness go hand in hand. In fact, there is nothing happier than spending these amazing times with your boyfriend or girlfriend.
7. Love me without questions, I will love you without answers (Unknown)
True love is felt and lived from the first to the last moment. It is a great adventure that must be felt with the heart.
8. The worst way to surprise someone is to sit next to them and know that you will never be able to have them (Gabriel García Márquez)
There is no worse feeling than wanting someone with all your might and not being mutual. Sometimes this feeling is inevitable.
9. In love there is always a little madness, but there is also always a little reason in madness (Friedrich Nietzsche)
Great loves lead us to do great things, because falling in love affects our brain just like drugs.
10. The most worthy women suffer for an idiot, worthy men cry like idiots (Jesús Alberto Martínez Jiménez)
it is not possible to decide who you fall in love with or who you feel attracted to. That’s why, no matter how much you don’t like it, when there is, there is; and when no, no.
11. When you fall in love you don’t become the same person you were before, because that’s when you start living real life (Luis Miguel Alvarado)
There are few experiences that impact you and change your life like when you fall in love for the first time.. If you break your heart, you are going through an existential crisis that makes you rethink your deepest values.
12. Thinking of my happiness, I remembered you (Anonymous)
Happiness and love are the same. Too bad that sometimes the love you feel for someone breaks down and you have to experience the deepest sadness.
13. A kiss? A magic trick to stop talking when words become superfluous (Ingrid Bergman)
A kiss is definitely a sign of love. It is a way of expressing what you are feeling without having to say anything.
Learn more: Why do humans kiss?
14. We learn to love not when we find the perfect person, but when we see an imperfect person perfectly (Sam Keen)
Love and falling in love changes the perception of things because our brain is affected by chemical changes.
15. What a pity to know that there are people with strengths which make them weak and who do not reflect in fact what comes out of their mouths (Leonardo Núñez Valle)
The greatest weakness of a person in love is to be proud. It can spoil this great love affair that you are going through. While some may believe they are strong, their intolerance and intransigence can make them weak.
16. The soul which can speak with the eyes, can also kiss with the gaze (Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer)
When two people love each other,
through the gaze, they are able to connect even deep down.
17. Do not think about it with this person who dies if he does not have you, with this person who brags because he knows that he has you (Rocío Guerra)
You might not really like who you really love, who cannot live without you and who wants to spend the rest of his life with you.
18. The person who deserves you is the one who, having the freedom to do whatever he wants, chooses you at any time (Daireth Winehouse)
And of course, even if we don’t realize that this person lives with us in mind.
It would be nice if it was love for each other.
19. Some people love power and others have the power to love (Bob Marley)
Famous musician Bob Marley reminds us that
powerful people are those who are able to love.
20. If you are in love with two women at the same time, choose the second, because if you had liked the first, you would not be in love with the second (Johnny Depp)
This sentence says that
when you really love someone don’t think about wanting to be with someone else.
21. Remembering is easy for those with a memory. Forgetting is difficult for those who have a heart (Gabriel García Márquez)
When you want someone with all your might, forgetting is complicated. Many memories are still alive.
22. The love of young people is not really in their hearts, but rather in their eyes (William Shakespeare)
What Shakespeare is trying to tell us with this sentence is that
young people pay attention to the physical. As you age, your physique loses ground and you value the other qualities of the person.
23. I shoot myself because I love you, but if I wanted myself I would shoot you (Marilyn Manson)
When we love someone we become vulnerable and sometimes we are at the mercy of the other person.
Willingly or not, he manipulates us.
24. What is done out of love is beyond good and evil (Friedrich Nietzsche)
Love is inexplicable many times. And that can’t drive us crazy. When we fall in love, our behavior changes.
25. He who is not jealous is not in love (Saint Augustine)
When you love someone with all your soul, jealousy often exists (not to be confused with pathological jealousy). No one likes to lose the person they want to spend the rest of their life with.
You might be interested in: “The 5 Reasons Why Couple Jealousy Appears”
26. Love is the strongest of passions, because it attacks the head at the same time, body and heart (Voltaire)
Love changes our behavior and, indeed, it surrounds us in such a way that we breathe it day and night.
27. Love does not look at itself, does not feel, and even more when it is by your side (Pablo Neruda)
love must be felt and taken away by it. This is the only way to experience it fully.
28. He who loves becomes humble. Those who love, so to speak, give up some of their narcissism (Sigmund Freud)
THEnarcissists think about it constantly. Instead, when you fall in love, you think about someone else all the time.
More on this topic: “Narcissistic Personality Disorder”
29. Where love reigns, laws prevail (Plato)
As the great Plato says in this sentence:
love makes us lose our minds.
30. The strongest love is the one that can show its fragility (Paulo Coelho)
True love can only come when we open our hearts wide, without fear.
31. Love is not something you have to find, but something that finds you (Loretta Young)
Actress Loretta Young talks about character
unpredictable and uncontrollable of love.
32. Love is made of a soul inhabiting two bodies (Aristotle)
That of the Greek philosopher Aristotle is one of the
theories about love older.
33. Life is the flower whose love is honey (Victor Hugo)
One of the most memorable quotes about love is that it is very graphic.
34. Love is the power to see the similar in the different (Theodor Adorno)
This philosopher found
a definition surprisingly simple about love.
35. There are no limits to the power of love (John Morton)
One of the quotes about love that talks about the power of this feeling.
36. Love is a smoke made with the vapor of sighs (William Shakespeare)
A very poetic comparison of
37. Love is a better teacher than duty (Albert Einstein)
One of the great phrases of
Albert Einstein which, in this case, speaks facet romantic and in love of the human being.
38. We all need each other (Leo Buscaglia)
forms of love they are something we all need in our day to day life.
39. Love, because it has no geography, knows no limits (Truman Capote)
This magnificent writer
talks about the limitlessness of this feeling.
40. Love will pass an elephant through a lock (Samuel Richardson)
A very clear image which serves to express
the power of love.
41. True love stories have no end (Richard Bach)
They never end. At least they remain in our memories.
42. I love you more than my own skin (Frida Kahlo)
The Mexican painter lived and loved totally passionately.
43. If you don’t like me, it doesn’t matter; i can love for both of you (stendhal)
A reflection full of irony.
44. Love knows no barriers; jump obstacles, fences and penetrate walls to reach your hopeful destination (Maya Angelou)
True love travels halfway around the world to reconnect with the loved one.
45. Kisses, even in the air, are beautiful (Drew Barrymore)
Kissing is one of the great pleasures in life. As long as it is, of course, with someone for whom we have a special affection.
46. There is no instinct like the instinct of the heart (Lord Byron)
“Hearts” have this name for some reason. Trust your heart, it will guide you better than your logical thinking most of the time.
47. Love is friendship on fire (Jeremy Taylor)
An interesting thought, which balances friendship and love. Do you agree?
48. Beauty is the gift of the lover (William Congreve)
A somewhat puzzling reflection from English playwright William Congreve.
49. The more we fall into lustful thoughts, the further we move away from romantic love (Douglas Horton)
A common contrast: more lascivious, less tenderness. What do you think?
50. I am in you and you are in me, mutual divine love (William Blake)
An inspiring and romantic phrase from the English poet and painter.
51. French is the language that turns dirt into romance
Certainly, the music of language makes one think of romanticism.
52. What is love? He’s the morning and evening star (Sinclair Lewis)
The last star that leaves us, the one that still lights us up despite everything …
53. Romance is stormy; love is calm (Mason Cooley)
Another reflection that refers to the differences between the stage of passion and the stage of stability in romantic relationships.
54. Romantic love is addictive (Helen Fisher)
The chemistry of love can create addictive-like processes prohibited substances.
55. I’m a better person when I make time for romance (Diane Kruger)
It is not just work that sustains human beings. When we allow ourselves to have romantic adventures, we are much happier.
56. Love comes without being seen; you can only see it when you leave (Henry Austin Dobston)
We only realize what we had when that person decides to leave. Sad but true.
57. If your heart is a volcano, how do you want flowers to grow? (Khalil Gibran)
Only a heart open to the outside can be equaled.
58. The first duty of love is to listen (Paul Tillich)
Knowing how to listen and being patient are virtues that your partner will surely appreciate.
59. There is only one kind of love, but there are a thousand imitations (François de la Rochefoucauld)
Bad imitations are not true love.
60. A life without love is like a tree without flowers and fruits (Khalil Gibran)
Love is what makes our existence sparkle.
61. There are no limits to the power of love (John Morton)
Love crosses borders and unsuspected borders.
62. Self-love is the source of all kinds of love (Pierre Corneille)
A sentence about self-esteem and how it enables us to love other human beings.
63. Love is a flower that must be allowed to grow (John Lennon)
The Beatles guitarist, in a beautiful metaphor.
64. There is more pleasure in loving than in being loved (John Fuller)
Give or receive? Both attitudes can be pleasant.
65. Love is what you’ve been through with someone (James Thuber)
Short stories and common anecdotes are the basis of love.
66. The best proof of love is trust (Joyce Brothers)
The greatest sign of love, someone trust you blindly.
67. People project what they like (Jacques Cousteau)
The French marine biologist gives us this beautiful reflection.
68. The crime of love is forgetting (Maurice Chevalier)
A sentence to think about.
69. Love Dies Only When It Grows Up (Pearl S. Buck)
Once the feeling stabilizes, everything collapses.
70. First love is a lot of ingenuity and a little curiosity (George Bernard Shaw)
We all fondly remember our first romantic partner.
71. We love because it’s the only great adventure (Nikki Giovanni)
Every great business in life is small compared to a romantic relationship with someone special.
72. The more we judge, the less we love (Honoré de Balzac)
Don’t judge, feel it.
73. Love is a great beautifier (Louisa May Alcott)
When we want someone, everything about this person seems worthy of praise to us.
74. He who loves, delirium (Lord Byron)
Indeed, love is capable of transporting us to a plane where reality is very different.
75. Love is the poetry of the senses (Honoré de Balzac)
A reflection full of creativity.
76. Love is an endless act of forgiveness, a tender gaze that turns into a habit (Peter Ustinov)
When we are in love, we forgive all the mistakes of the loved one.
77. In the smaller hut there is a corner for the loving and happy couple (Friedrich Schiller)
Despite the difficulties, couples who love each other will be able to find happiness.
78. Who, being loved, is poor? (Oscar Wilde)
The greatest wealth, to feel loved by others.
79. He is not a lover who does not love forever (Euripides)
Great feelings are immune to the passage of time.
80. Need to have a reason to love? (Brigitte Bardot)
As we know, love does not need rational justification.
81. When love is not madness, it is not love (Pedro Calderón de la Barca)
There is always a point of insanity in every great relationship.
82. The main magic of love is our ignorance that one day it can end (Benjamin Disraeli)
When we are in a relationship, we think it will be forever. Corn…
83. If you have reason to love a person, then you don’t love him (Slavoj Zizek)
On the irrationality of love. A phrase from the Slovenian philosopher Zizek.
84. Poison is momentary, love is lasting (John Wooden)
A beautiful sentence from the American coach.
85. Love is the only kind of gold (Alfred Lord Tennyson)
Forget material wealth and dare to be happy.
86. Fortune and love favor the brave (Ovid)
Those who risk nothing accomplish nothing, neither in life nor in personal relationships.
87. Love conquers all (Virgil)
Nothing can resist this great feeling.
88. We can only learn to love by loving (Iris Murdoch)
No one is born educated.
89. Love prefers twilight to day (Oliver Wendell Holmes)
It is precisely in the intimacy of the twilight that the great passions usually manifest themselves.
90. The intimate reality of love can only be recognized by love itself (Hans Urs von Balthasar)
A tautology that makes us think.
91. Love is supreme and unconditional, attraction is pleasant but limited (Duke Ellington)
A comparison between physical attraction and true love.
92. “I love you” is never enough (Lenny Bruce)
A short but endearing reflection from the great comedian Lenny Bruce.
93. Love is a hole in the heart (Ben Hecht)
Love hurts so much that sometimes we wish we hadn’t lived it.
94. Gestures in love are incomparably more attractive, effective and precious than words (François Rabelais)
Tenderness and everyday gestures are a way of saying I love you.
95. Love is a game in which two can play while both winning (Eva Gabor)
Everyone wins, everyone loves. In love, no one loses.
96. Choose your love, love your choice (Thomas S. Monson)
Getting involved with your loved one is also part of success.
97. Love is the difficult discovery that something more than oneself is real (Iris Murdoch)
Finding tenderness in another human being, one of the pleasures of life.
98. Bitterness hides life, love sets it free (Harry Emerson Fosdick)
If you want life to make you smile, it’s a good idea to be open to falling in love.
99. The ear is the avenue of the heart (Voltaire)
The sight draws us to someone, but his words make us fall in love (… or not).
100. Love is space and time measured by the heart (Marcel Proust)
The laws of physics break down when we feel a great sense of love.