Today we have a selection of Aztec proverbs to share. In this case, we have chosen a series of proverbs and their meanings so that you can better understand what they mean and where they come from.
We hope you enjoy these Aztec proverbs.
Aztec proverbs and interpretation of each
Then we will know these proverbs. Below each you have an explanation of its meaning.
1. Ca diidxagola nacacani ‘biaani’ sti diidxa
Proverbs are the lights of words.
2. Sha ni hruniná bidó ‘la bicaa gui bele, ne stobi only caya’qui luni
The heretic is not the one who burns at the stake, but the one who lights it.
3. Paracala’dxu ‘gapu’ bidxichi, cadi uquiindela’dxu.
If you want to be rich, have no desire.
4. Pray guilt mouths “diidxa saaniru guinabadiidxu”, … gucaadia’gu.
To dialogue, ask first, then … listen.
5. Ti xcaanda: ga’ca shisha sicarú ni qui huayuu, guiuuni ti biine’ni.
An aspiration: to do something beautiful that did not exist exists for me.
6. Hrunadiága “ne hrusiá’nda”, hrúuya “ne hriétenaladxe”, hrune “ne hriziide”.
I listen and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I learn.
7. Guidxilay hri stilu ni, hriquiiñesi ucaalúlu “ti gánda ikaaluni”.
The world is yours, but you have to win it.
8. Nisa hri dxi “biraru” mani dushu “dxaa Ndani”.
Stagnant water contains harmful germs.
Aztec proverbs about life
What thoughts on life have the Aztecs left with us?
9. Ti nou ‘dxiña, ti nou’ guídi ‘.
A gentle hand and a firm hand.
10. Dechesi le ‘, laacasi nani’ le ‘.
Behind the fence he’s still inside the fence
11. Niru zasaalu ‘guirá’ shisha neza guidxilayú ti ganda guidxelu ‘lii.
You will first walk all the paths of this world before finding yourself
12. Tila bidó ‘gusiga’de’ chu ‘DxI’ ladxidua’ya ‘tu guicaa’ shisha ni qui Zanda gucha ‘; Gudi gucaaluá ‘tu Ganda gucha’ nor Zanda ne guendabiaani ‘tu guuya’ shilaa.
May God grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change; courage to change these if I can and wisdom to see the difference.
13. Zunibiá’lu ti binnihuati ne shoopa diidxarí: ne gastisi hridxi’chi, hriníhuati ne gasti ‘hricaa, neca gucha’ quirié xneza, neca cadi caquiiñe hrinabadiidxa, hibizanastiidxa lu triduna hrunrid ‘leaf
Six ways to recognize the simple: get angry for no reason, talk nonsense and profit, change without progress, ask for no reason, put all your trust in a stranger, and confuse your enemies with your friends.
We hope you enjoyed these Aztec proverbs. Greetings and see you next time!