John Winston Lennon, better known as John Lennon, Was one of the most famous musicians in history and was part of one of the most successful groups: “The Beatles”. He was born on October 9, 1940 in the British city of Liverpool. He died in 1980, at the age of 40.
John Lennon’s best quotes
Lennon will always be remembered for his sentimental songs, but on top of that, this famous character has given many interesting thoughts throughout his life. In fact, he is one of the musicians who was most inspired by his lyrics and his public image.
In this article you can find 60 of John Lennon’s best quotes for you to enjoy:
1. My role in society or that of any artist or poet is to try to express how we feel. Don’t tell people how to feel. Not as a preacher, not as a leader, but as a reflection of all of us
Humble as always, John Lennon explains his role as a musician.
2. They made us believe that each of us is half an orange and that life only has meaning when we find the other half. They didn’t tell us that we are already born whole, that no one in our lives deserves to carry on our backs, the responsibility of completing what we lack
We are all precious people, we don’t need anyone to find happiness.
3. Being honest may not get you many friends, but it always gets you the right ones.
When you have a good heart, the people around you are really precious.
4. Either you are tired of fighting for peace or you die.
John Lennon has always been a champion of peace. He was totally against the war.
5. All we’re saying is you are given a chance at peace
He always believed that human beings should live in harmony instead of fighting against each other.
6. All you need is love
Love is a force that moves the world and makes it work better, it does not separate it.
7. Religion is only a way to tithe the ignorant, there is only one God, and he is not enriched like charlatan chaplains
A quote from John Lennon that invites deep reflection about religion.
8. It doesn’t matter how long my hair is, what color my skin is, or whether I’m male or female.
We all have our qualities, we are different. However, we are all people.
9. The more I see, the less I know, that’s for sure
Once again, his humble mindset is revealed with this quote. .
10. Reality leaves a lot to the imagination
Lennon has always been a creative person, so he went as far as he could.
11. I wasn’t going to sacrifice true love for a friend or a business because in the end you are left alone overnight and neither of you wanted to be. You can’t fill a bed with groupies, it doesn’t work. I don’t want to be a swinger. Nothing works better than having someone who loves you hug you
With this sentence, Lennon makes it clear that he was a faithful person.
12. We were four boys. I met Paul, I invited him to join my group. Then George and Ringo joined in. We were a group that got very, very big, that’s all
Lennon explaining how one of the best bands in history was formed.
13. Part of my suspicion that I am a loser, and the other part thinks that I am Almighty God
People can feel depressed one day and wake up the next.
14. When you are drowning, don’t say “I would be extremely grateful if someone would take the precaution of realizing that I am sinking and come and help me” you just scream.
A curious sentence that speaks of delicate moments in life.
15. It was like in the eye of a hurricane. You wake up to a concert and you think “Wow how did I get here?”
Being on top of the music world has to be an amazing experience.
16. Surrealism had a great effect on mine as I realized that the imagination in my mind was not crazy. Surrealism for me is reality
John Lennon clarifying reference to the surrealist artistic movement.
17. It doesn’t matter if you hide a smile afterwards and wear nice clothes, if something you can’t hide is how rotten you are.
There is nothing worse than having a defiled soul and not being a worthy person.
18. We were all on this ship in the sixties, our generation, a ship that was about to discover the new world. And the Beatles were at the bow of this ship
The Beatles are considered the best group in history.
19. If being a selfish means believing in what I do and in my art or in music, then you can call me that … I believe in what I do, and I will say it.
A sentence with a certain touch of irony on the ego of a musician.
20. Some are ready for anything but to live here and now
Living in the present is an act of good people.
21. What he did in the 1960s was to show us the possibilities and the responsibilities that we all have. It was not the answer. It just gave us an idea of the responsibility
The 1960s were years of change, but also years of growth.
22. I think time heals all wounds
Time heals everything, according to this famous figure.
23. Jesus was right, but his disciples were ordinary and ordinary
A sentence that brings out its religious side.
24. There is nothing you can know that is not known
A quote that expresses how human beings we are constantly discovering things.
25. It doesn’t matter who you like, where you like, why you like, when you like or how you like. It just matters that you like
This sentence can be summed up in: “the important thing is to love”.
26. The cross of the Legion of Honor has been conferred on mine. However, there are few who escape this distinction.
What Lennon said when he received the British Legion Cross.
27. We live in a world where we hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight
A sentence that has all the meaning in the world. Better to make love than to wage war.
28. Technically I’m not very good at it, but I can scream and move a guitar
John Lennon was a fantastic musician. That is why he will be remembered forever.
29. Rituals are important. It is now modern not to get married. I’m not interested in being modern
This musician firmly believed in marriage as a form of engagement.
30. I don’t believe in murder for whatever reason!
this artist he was always against the war, And argued that there was no reason to enter into a warlike conflict. This is one of John Lennon’s most memorable quotes.
31. Everything is clearer when you’re in love
Love makes you have truly rewarding experiences.
32. If anyone thinks love and peace is a cliché that they must have stayed in the 60s, that’s their problem. Love and peace are eternal
The Beatles musician was a staunch advocate of love and peace.
33. Life is what happens to you while you are busy with other projects
A beautiful quote that inspires everyone. A real motivating sentence.
34. Yoko inspires all of this creation in mine. It’s not that she inspired the songs in me. She inspires me
Yoko Ono was the great love of her life. He never hid it.
35. God is a concept by which we measure our pain
Believing in God can be a way of not wanting to face reality.
36. I have started the group. I dissolved it. It is that simple. My life with the Beatles had become a trap, a continuous band … When I finally had the courage to tell the three others that, in quotes, I wanted to divorce, they understood that I was saying it. unlike previous threats from Ringo and George to leave
Lennon he was one of the most iconic figures of the Beatles, But left the group in 1970.
37. Living is easy with closed eyes
This ironic phrase refers to the fact that life can be complicated
38. I am not asserting divinity. I never affirmed the purity of the soul. I never claimed to have the answers in life. I just play songs and answer questions as honestly as I can
Their songs weren’t meant to impose beliefs, let’s just say theirs.
39. You have to be a bastard to do that and it is a fact. And the Beatles are the biggest bastards on earth
The Beatles managed to be crowned on top of it all and to this day they are still remembered.
40. When you do something noble and beautiful and no one notices it, do not be sad. Dawn is a beautiful show and yet most of the audience is still asleep
We cannot always be exemplary people. There will be times when we are not.
41. Being rich doesn’t change your life experiences. The only difference, basically, is that you don’t have to worry about money, food, shelter, etc. But all other experiences, emotions, relationships are the same. I know: I was rich and poor, just like Yoko
Money does not give happiness. This is explained by someone who had a lot of money.
42. I can’t believe I’m decorated. I believed in driving tanks and winning wars
A critique of how the world works, Based on social relationships governed by money.
43. Mahatma Gandhi and Martin Luther King are great examples of non-violent beings who died violently. It can never work. We are pacifists, but I don’t know what it means when you are a pacifist and you are dejected. I can’t understand this
Lennon speaks of great characters of peace.
44. Each person is a reflection of the music they listen to
The music we listen to depends on our personality. At least, that’s what Lennon thinks.
45. I am not afraid of death because I do not believe in it. I think it’s just a matter of getting out of the car and into another. ”
46. Everything will be fine at the end. If it’s not right, it’s not the end
We can all learn from mistakes. These are growth opportunities.
47. You are alone with yourself all the time, no matter what you do. You have to come down to your own God in your own temple. It’s all up to you, mate
We own our lives and we can lead them if we have the will.
48. You don’t need anyone to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!
One is what it is. Regardless of what others think.
49. We dream of peace
Again, a quote that refers to peace. Lennon promoted very worthy values.
50. A dream that you dream of alone is just a dream. A dream that you dream of with someone is a reality
Lennon was a lover of life, a lover of Yoko Ono.
51. You don’t need a sword to cut flowers
Clearly related to the war. It is always better to give a flower to kill someone.
52. My name is not Beatle John. It’s John Lennon
John Lennon decided to pursue his solo route after the success of The Beatles.
53. 1 + 1 = John + Yoko. simple math
Another quote that shows her pure love for Yoko Ono.
54. Love wants to be loved, love asks to be loved. Love needs to be loved
We all need to be loved. We are social beings, no one likes to be alone.
55. When I was five years old, my mother always told me that happiness is the key to life. When I went to school they asked me what I wanted to be when I was older, I wrote with joy. I was told that I did not understand the question. I told them they don’t understand life
A deep reflection on happiness. Something we should all learn.
56. It is strange not to be strange
We all have our own personality, our own way of thinking, our own beliefs. This is what makes us so incredibly unique.
57. I’m not The Beatles, Paul is not The Beatles. The Beatles are Beatles. Separately, they are separate. Moment by moment, that’s how we live now. We appreciate it every day and we fear it too. It could be the last day. It sounds funny, but any day you might be hit by a car or something like that. I’m starting to like it
A phrase he said when the Beatles were parting ways.
58. Count your age by friends, not by years. Count your life for smiles, not tears
Life is not to be enjoyed for the years you have, but for the experiences you have had.
59. In my life, I have only had two friends, Yoko and Paul
You can have it all in this life, however true friendship is something that is not overflowing.
60. People grow because of people. If we are in good company, it is more pleasant
We learn from others. Living together is necessary for us to develop and be happy.