Music is one of the most important factors in human life; it did not appear thousands of years ago, at the beginning of our species, and occupies all the spaces of our daily life.
Are you a music lover? These famous quotes will make you fall in love
Music is present in festivals, ceremonies, works of art, and even in television commercials, and is even used in small doses of music to liven up certain moments: train trips, study days, etc.
With so much potential, it is entirely reasonable that throughout history many eminent personalities have left interesting phrases about music to posterity.
80 phrases on the music (short)
Below you can see one compilation of short sentences to music that give you food for thought. These are famous quotes from famous musicians and artists, as well as other thinkers. What’s your favorite?
- You can also read this article: “Music therapy and its health benefits”
1. Music is the soundtrack of life
If we expand the panorama with which we see our lives, we will realize that this reflection makes a lot of sense. The sentence is from Dick clark.
2. There are two ways to take refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.
A sentence from Albert Schweitzer, Not without a touch of humor, on the power of music.
3. Without music, life would be a mistake
One of the sentences of Nietzsche the most famous is also one of the phrases about music that most values this art form.
4. All good music must be an innovation
The Baxter, On the nature of good music.
5. Music is love in search of words
A sentence from Lawrence durell in which music is linked to one of the great human passions.
6. I see music as fluid architecture
Joni mitchell he sees a connection between the thoroughness and the strategic character of the architecture and the mathematics that exist in the musical.
7. Music can change the world because it can change people
Good, The legendary leader of the group U2, offers this reflection on music, with a rather social approach.
8. Music expresses what cannot be said and what cannot be kept silent.
French writer Victor Hugo he left this reflection, one of the most memorable phrases on music.
9. Music is a great revelation that all wisdom and philosophy
Great composers also reflect on the nature of their work. On this occasion, it is Ludwig van Beethoven the one who is responsible for making us think.
10. Where words fail, music speaks
The expressive power of music is underlined by Hans Christian Andersen.
11. Music is the mediator between the spiritual world and the world of the senses.
Ludwig van Beethoven, Of an art which according to him is between two worlds
12. The best known and most popular language in the world is music
South Korean rapper Psychic, On the unifying potential of music.
13. To a certain extent the music is no longer mine, it’s yours
Phil collins, The famous British drummer and singer offers a short phrase about the music that recalls a compressed version of the author’s theories of death.
14. All the writers I know would rather be musicians
Kurt Cobain, Leader of Nirvana, gives reasons to admire the work of musicians, even if he does not leave the writing in a very good place.
15. Music is the shortcut of emotion
Leo Tolstoy, About how music instantly expresses emotional states.
16. Music is a weapon in the war against misfortune
A vision that is both positive and martial for music, for Jason mraz.
17. Music in the soul can be heard by the universe
The oriental philosopher Lao Tzu, On the transcendent aspect of the musical.
18. Small artists borrow, great artists steal
the composer Igor Stravinsky rejects the idea that music should be an effort to differentiate itself.
19. Rhythm and harmony are found within the soul
Plato, in one of his sentences on music, relates it to his conception of the spiritual, very present in his philosophy.
20. Live music is healthy
The impact of music on health, according to John lydon.
21. The only truth is music
The writer of the beat generation, Jack Kerouac, In one of his most striking phrases on music.
22. Where words are left out, the music begins
Heinrich Heine he also compares music to verbal expression, emphasizing the potential of the former.
23. Music is the kind of art that comes closest to tears and memory
Oscar wilde he believed that music was closely linked to the emotional side of the human being.
24. Music inflates the temperament
The now defunct leader of The Doors, Jim Morrison, Offers a vision of music linked to the irrational.
25. Music is the poetry of the air
One of the most lyrical phrases on music, the author was Jean Paul Richter.
26. The musician is probably the most modest animal, but also the proudest
The minimalist composer Erik Satie exposes an apparent paradox.
27. When music hits you, you don’t feel pain
One of the great legends of music, Bob marley, On the healing power of this art form.
28. Patterns of music and all the arts are the keys to learning
One of the quotes from Plato especially on the learning process.
29. Music is the universal language of humanity
Henry Hadsworth Longfellow it also emphasizes the universal character of music.
30. Without deviating from the norm, it is not possible to progress
Frank Zappa on the need to break the rules and be faithful, in any case, to creativity.
31. All art constantly aspires to attain the condition of music
He looks like Walter on the most important art form.
32. Everything in the universe has a rhythm, everything dances
American artist Maya angelou find properties of music in everything around us.
33. I’m okay with chaos, although I’m not sure it will accept me
Bob dylan, Of his relationship with the chaotic both in music and in his life.
34. I like beautiful melodies to say terrible things to me
Tom is waiting he speaks here of the joyous tension that musical pieces can generate.
35. Music produces a kind of pleasure without which human nature cannot live.
One of the oldest phrases on music, in this case by the philosopher Confucius.
36. Music is for the soul what gymnastics is for the body.
Plato that leaves us with another famous quote talking about music and its benefits.
37. Music composes decomposed minds and relieves works that arise from the mind.
The author of Don Quixote de la Mancha, Miguel de Cervantes, On the kindness of hearing good melodies.
38. Music can give a name to the innumerable and communicate the unknown
Leonard bernstein captures in this inspiring sentence the magic of this art.
39. In music all feelings return to their pure state and the world is just music come true.
Arthur schopenhauer, The German philosopher thinks about music.
40. Music is a higher revelation than any philosophy
Beethoven, On the mystical aspect of this art.
41. The composition is not difficult, the most delicate is to place superfluous notes under the table
The classical musician Johannes brahms reflects on musical composition.
42. Rock is a pool, jazz is a whole ocean
Mexican guitarist Carlos santana, On the differences between these two musical genres.
43. Musicians are terribly unreasonable. They always want us to be completely dumb even when we want to be completely deaf
A famous quote from Oscar wilde.
44. Music is the pleasure of the imagination
Eugène Delacroix, Offers a link between musical creation and unbridled imagination.
45. Music is the arithmetic of sound, just as optics is the geometry of light.
Claude Debussy talks about his particular perception of the art of music.
46. In truth, if there was no music, there would be more reasons to go crazy
The musician and composer Piotr Ilich Tchaikovsky he left us this interesting line about music for hardened music lovers.
47. Whoever listens to music feels that his loneliness is suddenly populated
Robert browning, On the healing effect of melodies.
48. Military justice is to justice what military music is to music
Grouxo Marx leaves us with an interesting reflection.
49. Music is an echo of the invisible world
Giuseppe Mazzini is the author of this intriguing phrase on the art of music.
50. Music is the heart of life. For her, love speaks; without him nothing is possible and with him everything is beautiful
Austro-Hungarian composer Franz Liszt attaches central importance to music.
51. Critics see the music and listen to the painting
Valeriu Butulescu, A music lover who understood the complexity of art.
52. Some people have life, others music
A quote from John Green about how intensely you can experience music.
53. We should consider a wasted day when we didn’t dance
Another of Nietzsche’s phrases about music in which its vitalism is embodied.
54. My ambition was to live like music
A statement by essayist and writer Mary Gaitskill.
55. Much of the music consists of mathematics; it consists of a balance
A reflection of screenwriter and director Mel Brooks.
56. If I can’t dance on it, it’s not my revolution
One of Emma Goldman’s most memorable quotes, a benchmark of anarchism and feminism.
57. Jazz is not dead, it just smells oddly
Frank Zappa offers this humorous note on the most chaotic musical genre.
58. Musicians do not retire; they stop playing when there is no more music in them
An inspiring phrase from Louis Armstrong
59. Love is friendship played like a piece of music
This reflection on love is by Joseph Campbell.
60. Mathematics is the music of reason
Comparisons between mathematics and music they have been constant throughout history. This sentence by James Joseph Sylvester is an example.
61. Richard Wagner, a musician who composed better music than it looked
In this way, this composer saw his own work; as something that goes beyond the musical.
63. Music has charms to soothe the wild chest, soften rocks, and bend an oak tree.
William congreve emphasizes the kindness of music.
63. I don’t make music for the eyes but for the ears
A phrase from singer Adele in which she claims the purpose of music.
64. Music is like a strong voltage discharge
James Taylor defines music based on its psychological effects
65. Music is like an oasis in my head
River Phoenix speaks of the calm that transmits the process of creating musical pieces.
66. As long as my music is real, there will be no limit to the number of ears I can catch.
Kendrik Lamar talks about the power of authentic music when it comes to reaching people.
67. Music is powerful; as people listen to her she is affected
Another of the phrases about music that highlights how it influences us. In this case, the author is Ray Charles.
68. Everyone should seek what is authentic in itself; this is the way to have a long life in music
A recommendation from Bjorn Ulvaenus for people who wish to pursue a career in this field.
69. Music is the power of the prophets and a gift from God
A curious phrase from Martin Luther.
70. Music is a way of dreaming together and going to another dimension
A reflection from Cecilia Bartoli on the way we experience the musical.
71. The best music is love, not money
Greg Lake talks about what drives the creation of great music.
72. I think music is the most phenomenal platform for intellectual thought
Annie Lennox establishes a link between the musical and the cognitive.
73. I just wanna feel as much as I can, it’s all about the soul
Phrase of the great singer Janis Joplin.
74. All the things we throw into the sea are always returned to us by the tide. The more you try to forget it, the more you remember it
Phrase from Fito & Fitipaldis.
75. Music is the true universal language
A reflection of Carl von Weber, the German composer.
76. Music is a broad thing, without limits, without borders, without flags
León Gieco, the Argentinian musician and composer, spoke about music.
77. Music begins where the tongue stops
ETA Hoffmann, in a thought that has traveled the world.
78. How powerful is bad music
When something is wrong, our ears complain. Reflection of Noel Coward.
79. Hell is full of amateur musicians
In accordance with the above.
80. In music, this is perhaps where the soul comes closest to the great end for which it struggles when it feels inspired by the poetic sentiment: the creation of supernatural beauty.
Phrase by writer Edgar Allan Poe.