The Moon is one of the most important stars for human society and for the well-being of the planet we live on.. Its gravity directly affects the Earth, creating, among other things, the tides we can all see in our seas and oceans.
Phrases and reflections on the Moon
Its influence has been enormous at all stages of the development of mankind, and during it, a large number of celebrities, thinkers and artists have spoken openly about it.
What were the most relevant quotes and phrases on the Moon? it would certainly be impossible to put together all the quotes that tell us about it, but in the compilation below you will be able to enjoy the 80 sentences about the Moon and its mysteries that we have found to be the most relevant.
1. When I admire the wonders of a sunset or the beauty of the moon, my soul expands in worship of the Creator. (Mahatma Gandhi)
The beauty that nature preserves is enormous, but it is also up to us to seek it in the right place.
2. Three things cannot be hidden for long: the sun, the moon and the truth. (Buddha)
The truth, just as the Moon always ends up resurfacing on the horizon, is only a matter of time.
3. There are nights when wolves are silent and howl at the moon. (George Carlin)
The Moon can amaze us with an imposing view on the clearest nights.
4. It is a beautiful and charming sight to contemplate the body of the Moon. (Galileo)
The great astronomer Galileo Galilei has always been a great observer of this wonderful star.
5. When the moon is not full, the stars shine brighter.
The Moon can marvel in the most varied forms, as it depends on it and the weather is different every night.
6. I like to think the moon is there, even though I’m not looking. (Albert Einstein)
As a physicist, Einstein was aware of the many benefits this star brings to humanity as a whole.
7. Love is like the moon, when it does not rise it decreases.
The lunar cycle can be compared to many other aspects of our daily life, it is a perfect metaphor.
8. The moon is beautiful only when the mind seeks beauty and the heart loves. (Clear Mridha)
When we are the most reciprocal, it is when we see the Moon in all its splendor, while we take our time to be able to admire it.
9. The moon lives in the lining of your skin. (Pablo Neruda)
The great writer Pablo Neruda used this beautiful quote in one of his works, the Moon can accompany in our romances.
10. The wisdom of the Moon is greater than the wisdom of the Earth, because the Moon sees the universe closer than the Earth. (Mehmet Murat)
This quote tells us that everything in life depends on our point of view, surely the Earth is beautiful from the lunar surface.
11. What you promise under the moon, accomplish the sunrise.
A good way to make a promise is under the influence of this beautiful star.
12. When the Moon goes and the sun rises, sweet sadness invades, because the love of the two for now is from nobody.
When we leave a wonderful night behind us, that moon we live in will never be the same again.
13. The Moon, like a flower in the high rainbow, with silent joy, settles and smiles at night. (William Blake)
The Moon was and is a source of magical inspiration, which has always influenced a large number of artists.
14. The moon is a testament to my coldest nights. (Alejandro Sanz)
The famous singer Alejandro Sanz tells us about the Moon in several of his songs, a star that certainly awakens the melancholy in all of us.
15. There is a luminosity of the Sun and another of the Moon; one fire and another of water. All have been endowed with light by Christ, the architect of the world. (Miguel Servet)
For creationists, the Moon, like the Earth, was created by God in the early stages of creation.
16. In moonlight, the white plum tree looks like a tree in winter. (Yosa Buson)
The moon offers us a unique spectacle of light and shadow, this sun can be seen when it is shining.
17. When the moon rises, the bells are lost and the impenetrable paths appear. When the moon rises, the sea covers the land and the heart feels the island endlessly. (Federico García Lorca)
The great writer Federico García Lorca has always been a great lover of this star, he was certainly a lover of the metaphors he proposed.
18. My barn burned down. Now I can see the moon. (Karl Marx)
In this quote, Karl Marx tells us that there is always an opportunity in every disaster, we must know how to take advantage of it.
19. In the majestic whole of creation, there is nothing that moves me so deeply, that caresses my mind and makes my fantasy fly like the affable and faint light of the moon. (Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer)
The Moon can awaken many feelings in anyone, Gustavo Adolfo Bécquer knew this feeling very well.
20. For those on death row and for those on death row, there is no better stimulant than the moon in precise and controlled doses. (Jaime Sabines)
At night just as the Moon can teach us aspects of life that we did not know, a different world that it moves towards during the day.
21. It’s all the moon’s fault, when it gets too close to the earth everyone goes crazy. (William Shakespeare)
The influence of the Moon on humans has been contrasted by a large number of scientists around the world.
22. The Moon shows that the most beautiful things don’t need to attract attention.
The Silent Moon always remains majestic in the firmament, impassive.
23. If the Moon explained everything, it would end up giving a lot of surprises.
The Moon has witnessed the wildest facts of human civilization, it could certainly tell us a great story.
24. The amazing thing is that he is so close and yet so unknown.
Being the closest star to our planet, we have started to research it in depth relatively recently, we have a lot to discover about it.
25. Those who came to the moon once dreamed of traveling to the stars.
The astronauts of the Apollo mission set a historic precedent that we will never forget.
26. Ring with the Moon and you will reach for the stars.
The Moon has always been widely used in metaphors to denote the unreachable and highest goals we can achieve.
27. Man arrives on the Moon, but over twenty centuries ago a poet heard of spells capable of bringing the Moon back to earth. What is the final difference? (Julio Cortázar)
Poets have always wanted to lower the Moon to their lovers, a very romantic way of promising anything we could wish for.
28. You can be the Moon and still be jealous of the stars. (Gary Allan)
Human beings always want what they cannot achieve, we are mavericks by nature.
29. Just because the Moon is far away doesn’t mean you have to resign yourself to getting it.
We must strive for whatever we want to achieve, with our efforts we will achieve it.
30. Someone once said that the Moon is so pale because it lives exclusively at night. (Enrique Jardiel Poncela)
Nightlife can involve certain health concerns, but many people still prefer this way of life.
31. We are all like the bright moon, we always have our dark side. (Kahlil Gibran)
People share many traits with this star, maybe that’s what draws us to him.
32. We ran as if we were going to meet the Moon. (Robert Frost)
The Moon moves nonstop across the sky every night, over the hours.
33. We choose to go to the Moon during this decade and do other things, not because they are easy, but because they are difficult. (John F. Kennedy)
The lunar mission was a historic milestone that will always remain in our hearts.
34. There is no reason to save the world if it involves losing the Moon. (Tom Robbins)
The importance of our satellite is extremely relevant for the proper functioning of our ecosystem.
35. The light of the Moon is a sculpture; and the sunlight a painting. (Nathaniel Hawthorne)
A very beautiful date who speaks very well to us about the beauty of these two great stars.
36. The father has a strengthening character like the sun and the mother a gentle temperament like the moon. (Amit Calendar)
The Moon will always allow us to have sweet dreams, covered by the cloak of the night.
37. If you have a problem with the Moon in the sky and you are unhappy, change yourself, because the Moon will not change. (Mehmet Murat İldan)
We have to learn that there are things that cannot be changed and that maybe the ones we have to change have to be ourselves.
38. The Moon is a friend to talk to the loner. (Carl Sandburg)
At all times, we will always have the Moon to listen to our problems.
39. You have the sun, you have the moon, and you have the Rolling Stones. (Keith Richards)
This Rolling Stones member has a very high concept about his band, it is not in vain that he is one of the most famous rock and roll groups in history.
40. Day, water, sun, moon, night, I must not buy these things with money. (Plautus)
There are a lot of valuable things that no one and nothing can buy, because they are an integral part of our ecosystem.
41. I promised you the moon, and you gave me the universe. (Anthony T. Hincks)
The Moon can represent in our lives the inaccessible dreams, the most difficult to realize.
42. I am the lone wolf and the moon is mine. (Avijeet Das)
The Moon will always accompany us throughout our life, it can be our great confidant.
43. We are never alone, we are wolves howling at the same moon. (Poetry Atticus)
We all end up moving around the same things, we think we’re alone but it’s not like that.
44. The moon will light up the clouds, just as the tide will shape the sand. (Anthony T. Hincks)
A summer landscape is always better when night falls and the moon is shining.
45. Sometimes I think the moon is a goddess, seeing us with her silver face, sighing when we cry and smiling when we sleep. (Siobhan Curham)
The stars have always been the beginning of ancient deities and the moon is no exception. The goddess Selene represented this star in Greek mythology.
46. Meditate. Live purely. Be calm. Do your job with mastery. Like the moon rising behind the clouds. It shines. (Gautama Buddha)
We must persevere like the moon and never stop rising.
47. The moon woke up, painting the world silver and making things more alive. (ND Wilson)
Night can be magical when the moon illuminates it, the world is very different under its light.
48. With freedom, books, flowers and the moon, how can we not be happy ?. (Oscar Wilde)
At night, we can relax and show ourselves what we really are, leaving aside the labels of the day that have already passed.
49. When a wise man points to the moon, a fool examines his finger. (Confucius)
Great sentence from Confucius that explains very well how the human psyche works, you have to know where to look.
50. The moon develops the imagination, just as chemistry develops photographic images. (Sheila Ballantyne)
At night, we can take advantage of our free time to give free rein to our imagination, carrying out many activities.
51. In a way, I have my own sun, moon, and stars, and a little world to myself. (Henry David Thoreau)
The stars that make up our climate will always accompany us throughout our existence, fortunately the best things in life cost us nothing.
52. The tongue wields a hidden power, like the moon on the tides – Rita Mae Brown.
The Moon has many qualities that some people do not know, its influence directly affects our climate.
53. You will shoot it on the moon … and put out the sun … when you love someone. (Bryan Adams)
When we love someone, we can do anything for that person, this famous singer-songwriter tells us in this quote.
54. When I looked at the earth for the first time, being on the moon, I cried. (Alan Shepard)
Alan Shepard was the fifth man to walk on the lunar surface during the Apollo XIV mission.
55. The moon has been brighter since the barn was burnt down. (Matsuo Basho)
When we stop worrying about unresolved things, we learn to enjoy life much more.
56. We will return to the moon to learn nothing new. (Burt Rutan)
We did not take enough advantage of the opportunity we had on our trip to this star.
57. The moon cannot breathe, but it takes our breath away with the beauty of its cold and its arid orb. (Munia Khan)
The beauty of this star can marvel and has been since the dawn of humanity.
58. Never ignore someone who loves and cares for you, for one day you will realize that you have lost the moon while looking at the stars. (John O’Callaghan)
We must appreciate the people around us, just as we must appreciate the moon that always stays by our side.
59. The moon puts on an elegant spectacle, each time with a different shape, color and shade. (Arthur Smith)
We never see the Moon the same way because over the seasons it always looks different.
60. The moon is the first milestone on the path to the stars. (Arthur C. Clarke)
The Moon is only the first step that humanity must take in its colonization of the stars.
61. The sun, the moon and the stars are there to guide us. (Dennis Banks)
The stars can be a great inspiration in our lives, we can use that inspiration in our favor if we know how to do it.
62. Night has fallen in the sky with the moon in hand. (Frédéric Lawrence Knowles)
The poetic phrases that refer to this companion star of the Earth are countless, for his inspiration has reached countless poets of all time.
63. As long as the sun is shining, we are not asking for the moon. (Russian proverbs)
As long as we have time during the day, the moon will always be waiting for us later. A good way to express that we must take advantage of our time.
64. It’s not the moon. It’s a space station. (Alec Guinness)
Conspiracy theorists even explained how the moon could be a good base for a space station.
65. The moon is so good that you cannot buy or sell it. (Ivan Boesky)
The Moon is an intangible thing that we can never own, it symbolizes the unattainable in our life.
66. The moon rests just above the mountains, a place I call home. (Daniel Wallock)
As night falls and the moon rises, it’s the best time to come home.
67. Tonight the moon kisses the stars. Oh my God, I know it with me. (Rumi)
We all want to be the moon at night and shine with our maximum individual wholeness.
68. The moonlight swallows everything except the bright stars. (JRR Tolkien)
The great writer JRR Tolkien, author of The Lord of the Rings, has also devoted a few words to this magnificent satellite.
69. There is nothing that you can see that is not a flower; and you can’t think of anything that isn’t on the moon. (Matsuo Basho)
Watching what we can’t accomplish won’t do us any good in life, we have to be pragmatic.
70. I don’t know if there are men on the moon, but if there are, they must use the earth as their madhouse. (George Bernard Shaw)
Human society can be considered very extravagant by travelers from the stars.
71. The whole moon and the whole sky are reflected in the dew of the grass. (Dogen)
Even in these smaller things, we can see the influence of the Moon on Earth.
72. Yes, we all shine, like the moon, the stars and the sun. (John Lennon)
The great John Lennon encourages us to be ourselves and to shine as only we can.
73. The moon, pink, high, was a strange pearl mysteriously suspended above the world … (Francisco Tario)
The Moon is one of the gems we can enjoy on this beautiful planet we live on.
74. Taking the moon on the bridge, the moon and I were left alone. (Tagami Kikusha)
The Moon will always be with us and will be by our side whenever we need it to reflect.
75. If you could see the Earth illuminated when you were in a place as dark as the night, you would see it more splendid than the Moon. (Galileo)
In complete darkness, this is when the stars shine brightest, because light pollution does not affect us.
76. What can we gain from sailing to the moon if we cannot cross the abyss that separates us from ourselves? (Thomas Merton)
Often times we place more importance on what is outside of us than what we have on the inside, we need to start valuing our feelings.
77. The moon cannot live before the eyes of the sun. (Allan Bridjith)
The sun and the moon have always symbolized the eternal duality, antagonistic since time immemorial.
78. Darkness allows the moon to shine. Believe that you too can shine in the darker days. (Carol Miller)
In the darkest times is when we prove our true worth.
79. You were the sun of my moon. For you? It was just another celestial body in a sky full of stars. (Raya Mae)
We must give each person the same importance as they give us.
80. It is the moon that moves me. The sunlight only makes everything obvious. (Bavo Dhooge)
Sometimes the sources of inspiration that motivate us the most are found in the darkest places.