There are many types of phrases, motivating, laughing, stimulating, and shocking, among others. These are phrases that reach our heart or consciousness and make us reflect on life and human existence.
- “75 philosophical sentences uttered by great thinkers”
- “123 wise phrases to reflect on life”
Shocking Famous Quotes and Quotes
Many philosophers, writers and other famous people have uttered shocking phrases. In the following lines we have made a collection of quotes that will make you think.
1. Our lives are defined by opportunities, even those we miss.
Failures can help us grow, so these are opportunities that we must seize.
2. What really matters in life is not the goals we set for ourselves, but the paths we take to reach them.
Having goals is good, but you have to go step by step to make the most of the moment.
3. The man who has lived the longest is not the one who has lived the longest, but the one who has lived life the most.
There is no point in being dead alive. Life needs to be savored.
4. If you can dream it, you can do it
A beautiful phrase from the legendary Walt Disney.
5. We are what we do over and over. Therefore, excellence is not an act, but a habit
The philosopher Aristotle, in a reflection on habit.
6. The impossible is the ghost of the timid and the refuge of the cowards
When we think that something is impossible, we become paralyzed and stop developing.
7. Start seeing yourself as a soul with a body instead of a body with a soul
You have to connect with yourself to be happy.
8. It is better to act by exposing yourself to regret it than to regret having done nothing.
Better to regret what you did than what you didn’t do.
9. The path we must take is full of surprises. You will never be prepared for those who touch you, whether happy or gloomy, because that is part of gaining experience. And to find out how pleasant or unhappy they are waiting for you is something you can never escape
Instead of living out of expectations, it’s healthier to live in the present.
10. An emotion does not cause pain. Resistance or suppression of an emotion causes pain
When we try not to feel an emotion, it gets stronger.
11. Happiness is not something you procrastinate, it is something you design for the present.
Thinking about the future and being obsessed with it does not promote happiness. On the contrary, the difficulty.
12. Everyone wants peace and to ensure it they are making more weapons than ever before.
A quote that speaks to the hypocrisy of many states.
13. Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself
To change the world, you must first look at your navel.
14. If we exaggerate our joys, as we do with our sorrows, our problems would lose importance.
People are experts at amplifying negative things that happen to us and blaming them.
15. The friend must be like money, that before you need it you know its value
Friendship is one of the most beautiful things there can be in the world.
16. Your actions will reflect the way you see life and those that have defined you in front of others. Don’t waste them on things and attitudes that aren’t worth it, only you can decide how you want them to remember you because you won’t be in this world forever.
Our thoughts influence our behavior.
17. Who can say how much he loves, little love feels
Referring to the fact that people who really love cannot express this feeling in words.
18. Love is what moves the world even if it sometimes seems the opposite. It wouldn’t hurt people to remind us every now and then
Sometimes we forget how important it is to love.
19. Science is the great antidote to the poison of enthusiasm and superstition
A thought-provoking quote from Adam Smith.
20. You never just meet people. Your friends, family, and even yourself can be hiding surprises that you might have imagined in life, good and bad.
We are all hiding things that not everyone knows.
21. We all have the same fate, in essence there is no way to differentiate ourselves if we are born to cry and laugh. Remember, our days have all counted, live each of your days as if they are the greatest gift, cause no one can guarantee tomorrow
We will all end up in the same place.
22. We all want to grow old; and we all denied that we got there
It is not easy to accept old age when it concerns us. We would all like to be eternally young.
23. As long as you live, you will meet all kinds of people, good and bad. It is impossible to guess the intentions behind someone’s behavior, but finding out is the most interesting and dangerous task you can encounter.
Each person is a world, and throughout our life we will meet many people, with their personal characteristics.
24. Happy times in mankind are empty pages of history
A quote that invites the reader to reflect on human existence.
25. A happy person does not have a certain set of circumstances, but a set of attitudes.
Attitude makes the difference to the direction we take in life.
26. The disappointment after a failed love can overwhelm your heart so much that you can’t breathe. But no one died of love
Lack of love can be a really painful experience for some people.
27. If you want to change the fruits, you have to change the roots first. If you want to change the visible, you must first change the invisible
We cannot dwell on the superficial aspects if we are to transform our lives.
28. Don’t cry for the people who are gone, Focus on those who are by your side in the present and stay with the good memories of those who are gone
People who failed to appreciate you don’t deserve a second of your thought.
29. There is no duty that we neglect as much as the duty to be happy
Happiness is what we all look for in life and what we should all be able to have.
30. Do you want to be rich? Well, you are not in a rush to increase your assets, but to decrease your greed
Greed makes you a heartless person.
31. You don’t have to focus on the pain you may feel if someone has failed you. If you can’t forgive a mistake, bury it and move on
Forgiveness has a healing effect not only on ourselves, but also on the people we forgive.
32. Make sure you trust others, for one or more people who have disappointed you
Not all the people we meet in life will be good for us. It must be accepted.
33. Hope you live every day of your life!
Life can be lived in two ways. With optimism or pessimism.
34. Loving is the greatest adventure you can take. Because it can make you fly higher than you ever imagined and also put your feet on the ground
Love is undoubtedly one of the best feelings we can have in this life.
35. It’s hard to trust after you’ve received a low blow, but there are good-hearted people who can make up for your disappointments. Don’t miss the opportunity to meet her
Fortunately, we can always meet people who are really worth it.
36. A happy heart lives longer
When we are happy, our overall health feels it.
37. We can’t do much, together we can do a lot
Unity helps us do more than we can on our own.
38. The measurement of health must not be adapted to a deeply sick society
We live in a time when people are fed up with the values of capitalist society.
39. How wonderful it is that no one needs a single moment before they start to make the world a better place.
A memorable quote from Anna Frank on how we can change ours around.
40. It’s always the people we love the most who can hurt us the most
When you feel a little strong for someone and it hurts, the pain is really intense.
41. Don’t stop loving for fear of being hurt, but learn that life won’t always be fair with how you feel. The only thing you can do is know that you will find someone to share your days with, even if you have to make mistakes more than once.
Acceptance is the best way to enjoy greater well-being.
42. Put your heart, mind, and soul into the smallest deeds. This is the secret of success
Giving yourself body and soul to the present is the best way to be happy.
43. Life is 10% of what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it
It is not the events that cause us pain, but the way we relate to them.
44. Being realistic is the road most often taken to mediocrity
A sentence from Will Smith and a great truth.
45. It is literally true that you can become successful faster and better by helping others be successful.
When we help others we feel useful and that makes us feel good.
46. A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all
Critical thinking should be a part of everyone, but it isn’t always.
47. Things don’t change; we change
A reflection from Henry David Thoreau, on how people can change.
48. They have the advantage of having our hearts and our trust in their hands, they have the power to throw them away as if they mean nothing to them no matter how much we are going to suffer. Yet it is the surest way to realize who we truly are unconditional
Throughout our lives we may meet many people, but few will be genuine.
49. Getting carried away with your heart can be the biggest mistake you can make. It is true that feeling makes life much more special, but it is also true that it can cause you to have more than one accident and many of them leave deep scars.
It is true that we must follow the path of our heart, but we must also practice self-reflection.
50. You must expect great things from yourself before doing them
You can’t go far in life without wanting and wanting it. In addition to not fighting for it.
51. You miss 100% of the plans you don’t use
You can’t get far if you don’t even try.
52. When inspiration can’t find me, I go halfway to find it
Inspiration often comes because we are looking for it.
53. When you wake up in the morning, think about the precious privilege of being alive, breathing, thinking, enjoying, and loving.
We are very lucky to be alive, and it is already a great triumph.
54. For the best return on your money, invest in your head
Decisions that are not taken into account can be very costly when we invest money.
55. Better to die suddenly than to live in fear of life
Life that is not fully lived is not lived.
56. Your task is not to seek love, but to seek and find the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
Limiting beliefs hinder our personal growth.
57. The rally is a start. Staying together is progress. Working together is a success
When people work as a team, they go further than when they work individually.
58. If you don’t think about it, you sure won’t get it
If you think they don’t stand a chance of getting it, then things are probably not going well for you.
59. Most people miss this opportunity because they dress normally and look like working
When we do not analyze the problem properly, it is impossible to solve it.
60. The best way to encourage yourself is to try to encourage another
An excellent quote from the unforgettable Mark Twain.
61. Discouragement and failure are two sure stones on the road to success
These two phenomena do not belong to the dictionary of someone who achieves his goals.
62. The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart
The things that really make us happy are not worth the money.
63. The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts
Thoughts determine to a greater or lesser extent our success in the visa.
64. In life, you have two choices: to do things right or not to do them. You can try, of course, but you should be aware that it will never be enough if you are to make a dream come true. As long as you live, you must desire it, love it and most of all feel it.
It is clear that if we do not move we will not be successful.
65. Don’t expect to have to make easy decisions over the years you live. Life is full of complicated choices, otherwise it wouldn’t make sense. If you let yourself be scared by them, you will never be able to live fully
Life is full of complicated situations, but they are what make us grow as human beings.
66. I used to think that the worst thing in life is to be alone, but it’s not. The worst thing in life is meeting people who make you feel lonely
Loneliness is not only the lack of company, but also the quality of the company you have in the group.
67. It makes no sense to deny that there are some very dark times in life and that we will suffer as well as we laugh. However, you must not allow this to make you give up, as only the strongest people are the ones who persist in the end.
Even from the worst experiences, we can learn to grow as people.
68. You have to take risks. We only understand the miracle of life when we allow the unexpected to happen
Paulo Coelho, gives us a beautiful reflection on life.
69. Judge not daily for the harvest you reap, but for the seeds you plant
The important thing is to be on the move. The results will come sooner or later.
70. It is more appropriate for a man to laugh at life than to lament
When we live life with optimism, we are more likely to be happy.
71. The Constitution only gives people the right to seek happiness. You have to take it for yourself
Benjamin Franklin. A reflection on democracy.
72. Be realistic: plan a miracle
A word game that motivates you.
73. The man who is not afraid and without danger invents danger to justify his fear
People can be wrong with relative ease.
74. Happiness is sometimes a blessing, but in general it is a conquest
You have to work to be happy and have the will to achieve it.
75. If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, be compassionate
Compassion is linked to emotional well-being, as shown by extensive research.
76. It produces immense sadness to think that nature speaks while humanity is not listening.
Many people are so selfish that they are only looking for their own benefit.
77. Friends can become enemies and vice versa, at the least thoughtful moment. The truth is, not everyone can give us the security we believe in. This might be one of the hardest things to deal with, but once you get the hang of it you will stop expecting too much from others, not because it’s a little bad, but because sometimes it is better to be careful when choosing our friendships
We cannot give our trust to everyone, because there are people who do not deserve it.
78. Being realistic is what helps us to be happy
Irrational expectations cause us frustration and discomfort.
79. Learn to live and you will know how to die well
When we love life, we live happier and we feel fulfilled.
80. Knowing the truth about yourself is never the same as having to hear it for someone else.
No one likes to be criticized. However, there are some reviews that can help us grow taller.