Osho, Also known as Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (real name), was an important spiritual guru born in 1931 and relevance has survived to this day.
As a spiritual guru, Osho wrote many texts where he embodied his ideas and thoughts, Creating a large legion of admirers (also detractors of course) who have enabled him, over the years, to lead a very comfortable life, even owning a large collection of Rolls Royce vehicles for his use and pleasure.
- We recommend that you read: “125 short positive sentences to live your daily life with optimism”
Osho’s Best Famous Quotes
No doubt this guru was someone who caused great controversy during the 20th century, but what were his ideas and thoughts? Below you can discover 85 awesome Osho phrases, Which will help you know a little more about this thinker.
1. Man has lived through the centuries like a sheep, forming part of the crowd, respecting his traditions, his conventions, following ancient writings and ancient disciplines.
Many of us never question society itself, we just wander around it without stopping to think.
2. The individual must not match the model, the model must match the individual. My respect for the individual is absolute.
We have to adapt the environment to our way of being and we have to be totally consistent with who we are.
3. Intelligence is dangerous. Intelligence means that you will begin to think for yourself; you will start to search on your own. You won’t believe the Scriptures; you will only believe in your own experience.
Our personal experiences can be our great guide in life, they will lead us on the right path.
4. A very religious person has no theology. Yes, he’s got experience, he’s got truth, he’s got luminosity, but he’s got no theology.
As we see in this quote, Osho was not drawn to classical religions, we are often influenced by them through the very society we live in.
5. In love, the other is important; in lust, the ego is important.
When we truly love someone, that person is more important to us than to ourselves.
6. Love is the goal, life is the journey.
Love is an extremely important thing in life, without it life can seem meaningless.
7. You can cheat at times, live a dream world, but a dream will not give you anything.
Dreams and thoughts will only be so until we take action and make them come true.
8. Only a blind person can easily define what light is. When you don’t know, you are daring. Ignorance is always daring; doubt of knowledge. And the more you know, the more you will feel the earth dissolving under your feet.
When we are not very intelligent, we realize that we do not have an absolute truth, only the idiot believes to have this truth.
9. To create guilt all you need is one very simple thing: start calling for mistakes, sins. These are just mistakes, it’s a human thing.
To err is human, we all make mistakes, it is wrong to persevere in them.
10. It’s nice to be alone, it’s also nice to be in love, to be with people. And they are complementary and not contradictory.
Sometimes we all need moments of solitude to reflect or come together.
11. The most important question is whether you are alive before you die.
To be truly alive, we have to live life to the fullest, showing the best of ourselves.
12. The truth is not from the outside. No teacher, no writing can give it to you. It is in you and if you want to get it, look for it in your own business.
To find the truth, you have to look within yourself, because the only truth that really interests you is your truth.
13. My effort here is that you don’t believe until you know it. When you know there’s no need to believe, you know. I destroy all belief systems and give you no substitute. Therefore, it is not easy to understand.
Osho’s ideas are certainly very peculiar, he just didn’t agree with any religion one hundred percent. .
14. Meditation is life, not sustenance. It has nothing to do with what you are doing; it has everything to do with who you are. Yes, business does not have to be born in you, it is true.
Meditation is an activity that can help us in different ways, both in professional and emotional life.
15. When the lie disappears, the truth appears with all its newness, all its beauty, for sincerity is beauty, honesty is beauty, authenticity is beauty.
Certainly, sincerity, honesty and authenticity are qualities that we should all foster, in ourselves and in others.
16. No one is superior, no one is inferior, but neither is anyone equal. The people are simply unique, incomparable. You are you, I am me. I have to contribute to my potential life; you have to contribute to your potential life. I have to discover my own being; you have to discover your own being.
There is no one more important in our lives than ourselves because we depend on who we are to be able to achieve our personal goals. If you want something, fight for it.
17. The thought is happening in your head. It’s not really deep in the roots of your being; it is not your totality.
Today we can think in a way and tomorrow we change our mind, we all make mistakes.
18. God cannot be an object. It is deep within your own being. How to see it?
We must not get carried away by materialistic ambitions, there are much more important things in life.
19. My definition is as follows: man is a laughing animal. Laughter is proof that you can see the ridiculous in life.
In laughter we have proven to have a better understanding of everything around us, this is certainly a great human characteristic.
20. You change. This is radically changing. Stop doing the things you’ve always done. Start doing things you’ve never done before. Change drastically, become a new person and you will be amazed. Never expect the other to change.
We must evolve and know how to adapt to the moment we find ourselves, this is the real strength of our own human being.
21. Whatever you feel, you become that. It is your responsibility.
Our feelings are largely what decides what our next move will be.
22. You become what you think you are. Or it’s not that you become that, but the idea runs deep.
Our opinion of ourselves is the same as the opinion we convey to others.
23. You are not wrong! Just your model, the way you learned to live is wrong. The motivations that you have learned and accepted as your own are not his, they do not satisfy your destiny.
Everything we’ve done and learned in life is what got us to where we are.
24. People say love is blind because they don’t know what love is. I say that only love has eyes; not everything that is blind is love.
When we love someone, we are able to see something in them that others cannot.
25. Happiness is a shadow of harmony; seeks harmony. There is no other way to be happy.
Harmony is something that can make our lives much more bearable and beneficial.
26. Never interfere in anyone’s life and don’t let anyone interfere in your life.
The really important thing in our lives is ourselves, us must know how to value ourselves.
27. Happiness is an art that must be learned. It has nothing to do or not to do.
To be happy, you have to know how to be happy, it’s up to us to become happy.
28. Fools laugh at others. Wisdom laughs at itself.
Knowing how to make fun of ourselves is an extremely important thing and one that we should all do.
29. There are not many roads. There are several names for the same path, and that path is consciousness.
The path we choose in life depends solely and exclusively on ourselves.
30. Time cannot be stopped, it cannot be reversed, it cannot be kept. It is one dimensional. No setback is possible. And finally, the very process of time is dead, because you are wasting this time, you are dying.
Time has only one direction and inevitably goes towards our death.
31. No, I don’t want to give people sticks. I want to give them eyes.
You better know how to see what is right for you, have some guidelines for it.
32. Do not obey any mandate unless it also comes from you.
We must obey an order that we believe is useful, otherwise we must not carry it out.
33. Life is a mystery, not a question. It is not a riddle to solve, it is not a question to be answered but it is a mystery to live, a mystery to love, a mystery to dance.
Throughout our life we are always discovering new things, it is the grace to live.
34. The ignorant person is innocent; he knows that he does not know, and because he knows that he does not know, he is on the threshold of wisdom. Because he knows he does not know, he can inquire, and his inquiry will be pure, without prejudice.
Being aware of our own ignorance is the first step towards wisdom.
35. The moment you enter the world of words, you begin to fall from what is. The more you get into the language, the further you move away from existence.
Reading is a very beneficial habit that we should all value and enjoy.
36. No one is there to make your dream come true. Everyone is there to fulfill their own destiny, their own reality.
We are solely responsible for our future, it will depend on our actions to reach our destination.
37. Don’t try to understand life. Living. Don’t try to understand love. Walk towards him. Then you will know, and all knowledge will come from your experience. The more you know, the more you need to know.
To live life fully, we must act, our actions will involve the experiences necessary for us to achieve spiritual wholeness.
38. Love cannot be taught, it can only be captured.
Love is an emotion that we can all feel and that none of us can explain.
39. This is the simple secret of happiness. Whatever you do, don’t let the past get in your way, don’t let the future get in your way. Because the past no longer exists and the future has not yet arrived. To live in memory, to live in the imagination, is to live in non-existence.
Knowing how to live in the moment will help us live life in a much more complete way.
40. I love this world because it is imperfect. It is imperfect, and that is why it is developing; if he was perfect he would be dead.
Many times in imperfections lies beauty, this imperfection makes us unique.
41. Courage is a love affair with the unknown.
We don’t all have the strength to be brave, to show the courage that we have inside.
42. Only people who suffer from inferiority complex want to impress others. A truly superior person is not compared to anyone else.
A very wise quote that we should all remember, we should not compare ourselves to anyone.
43. Forget the idea of becoming someone, because you are already a masterpiece. You cannot be improved. You just have to know it, realize it and then you will be.
Recognizing how amazing we are is the first step towards self-improvement.
44. Anyone who cares about consistency will be wrong, for only lies can be consistent. Life is always changing.
Indeed, life goes round in circles and what is true today may be a lie tomorrow.
45. Lovers are mirrors to each other. Love makes you aware of your original face.
We must know how to see ourselves through the eyes of our beloved, this person will really tell us who we are.
46. Never sacrifice your life for anything! Sacrifice everything for life! Life is the ultimate goal.
Life is the most precious gift we have, it’s the only one that’s really worth it.
47. Never try to change a person you love, for the same effort you make to change that person says that you only love half and the other half of the person is not accepted.
To truly love someone, we have to do it in all its magnificence, with its flaws and virtues.
48. Intelligence never grows by imitation: intelligence grows by experimentation. Intelligence grows by accepting challenges.
Indeed, that we develop our intelligence depends on us and our personal concerns to exploit it to the maximum.
49. There has never been a person like you before, there is no one like you right now in the whole world, and there will never be anyone like you.
We are all unique in our own way, we have distinctive traits that will never be repeated.
50. If you love yourself, you will be surprised: others will love you. No one loves a person who doesn’t love themselves.
In order for them to love us, we must first love ourselves. This is something we should all be very clear about.
51. No one can say anything about you. What people say is about themselves.
When someone praises another person or expresses negative opinions about them, they are actually talking about themselves and their flaws or virtues.
52. Life is neither a technology nor a science. Life is an art, you have to feel it. It’s like walking on a loose rope.
In order to live life to the fullest, we need to pay attention to our emotions, as they are a fundamental part of us.
53. Life begins where fear ends.
Fear is something that greatly harms us, paralyzes us and prevents us from moving forward in life.
54. One thing: one must walk and create the path by walking; you will not find a way already done. It is not cheap to achieve the greater realization of truth. You will have to create the path by walking alone; the path no longer awaits you. It’s like the sky: birds fly but leave no trace. You cannot follow them; there are no footprints behind.
While living, we have all created our own path, not anyone else’s. We all have an exclusive path to life.
55. Meditate with joy, do not meditate seriously. When you enter the meditation room, leave your seriousness and your shoes at the door. Make meditation fun.
To meditate properly, we must put our worries aside.
56. No one else can destroy but you; no one else can create but you. We are all Judas and Jesus.
In us there is the possibility of doing good or of doing bad, it depends on what we do with this possibility.
57. If you love a flower, don’t pick it. Because if you do, he will die and cease to be what you love. So if you love a flower, let it be. Love is not a matter of possession. Love is a matter of appreciation.
We don’t have to try to impose ourselves on our partner, he or she has to be the way he or she really wants to be.
58. If you don’t live dangerously, you don’t live. Life only flourishes in danger. Life never thrives in security. When everything is fine, look, you die and nothing happens.
In order to be able to make our dreams come true, we have to take certain risks, the one who never takes risks. risks gets nothing.
59. Once you start to see the beauty of life, the ugliness begins to disappear. If you start to view life with joy, the sadness goes away. You can’t have Heaven and Hell, you can only have one. It’s up to you.
Beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder and in the attitude to which he is predisposed.
60. I know who you are. Never try to be another so that you can mature. Maturity is accepting the responsibility of being yourself, no matter what the cost.
We must know how to accept ourselves as we are, we are all perfect in our own way.
61. Don’t wait and there will be no frustration. Frustration is just a shadow that follows expectations.
We must not believe that life will give us anything, to achieve our goals we will have to work at it.
62. Falling in love with the Romans feels like a child; grow up mature lover. Gradually, love becomes not a relationship, but a state of your being. You are not in love, you are love.
Love is a fundamental aspect of our lives, it can be a big part of our own being.
63. Experience life in all its forms; good-bad, bittersweet, light-dark, summer-winter. Discover all the dualities. Don’t be afraid to experiment, because the more experience you have, the more mature you will be.
Experiences allow us to move forward in life, with them we will discover who we are and what we really want.
64. Running, dancing, swimming, everything can be a meditation. My definition of meditation is this: As long as your body, mind, and soul are working together in rhythm, it is meditation, because it will lead to the fourth.
Who has never meditated while walking or running? we can do both at the same time.
65. Hell is within you, as well as Heaven.
With our own attitudes, we generate Heaven or Hell around us.
66. It is not a question of learning a lot. On the contrary, it is about unlearning a lot.
Society instills certain values in us which are often not positive to us.
67. Have fun! If you can’t enjoy your job, change it. Do not wait!
We shouldn’t waste time doing things that don’t fill us as a person
68. The problem of the family is that children one day leave childhood, but parents never leave paternity.
Our children will always be an essential part of our lives.
69. We are dying every moment to renew ourselves every moment.
Throughout our earthly existence, we change and evolve.
70. I have tried by all means to make you aware of your individuality, your freedom, your absolute capacity to grow without the help of anyone. Your growth is intrinsic to you.
It is up to ourselves to be able to be happy, it is not to anything material or to anyone else.
71. Life is absolutely balanced between the positive and the negative. Now it’s up to you to decide which side you want to be on: heaven or hell.
It is our personal choice how we want to live our lives and it depends on which one we choose to be able to be happy.
72. No one has the power to take two steps at the same time; you can only take one step at a time.
Step by step, we can follow the path that leads to our personal improvement.
73. When I say that you are gods and goddesses, I mean your possibilities are endless, your potential is endless.
Life gives us endless possibilities for change, and within us lies the power to choose.
74. You feel good, you feel bad, and these feelings spring from your subconscious, from your own past. No one is responsible except you. No one can make you angry, and no one can make you happy.
We are our biggest detractor, we keep telling ourselves that we are not capable of doing something, we have to convince ourselves that we can be fully effective.
75. It takes a little vigilance to see and discover: life is a great cosmic laughter.
Humor can accompany us throughout life, many people turn to humor to be able to make their life much happier.
76. Love is a bird and loves to be free. It takes all of heaven to grow.
We can love a lot of people, but in the same way, we won’t love two people equally.
77. The whole world is a cyclone. But once you find the center, the cyclone disappears. This insignificance is the last peak of consciousness.
We have to ignore all this unnecessary information that society bombards us with.
78. Laughter is of immense beauty, it gives you lightness. Laughter will make you lighter, it will give you wings to fly. And life is full of opportunities to laugh. You just need to be sensitive.
Knowing how to take advantage of every opportunity we have to be able to laugh will help us be much happier.
79. Don’t look, don’t ask, don’t answer, don’t call, don’t ask, relax. If you relax, this is it. If you relax, you start to vibrate with it.
Being relaxed is a very important thing in life, because unfortunately society transmits a great nervousness with which we have only managed to increase our stress.
80. To be creative means to be in love with life. You can only be creative if you love life enough to enhance its beauty, you want to bring in a little more music, a little more poetry, a little more dancing.
In order to create, we must first be at peace with ourselves, because with a completely calm mind we can be much more original.
81. The day you think you know, your death is over, for now there will be no surprise, no joy, no surprise. Now you will live a dead life.
The grace of life is finding new things to discover, to explore. Life always finds something to surprise you.
82. Get out of your head and get into your heart. Think less, feel more.
We should all be in touch with our own feelings, be much more human.
83. They say: think twice before you jump. I say, jump first and then think what you want.
Self-confidence is essential to be able to be totally free.
84. I live my life according to two principles. First, live today as if it is my last day on earth. Two, live today as if you are going to live forever.
Certainly a good philosophy that many of us could adopt like ours.
85. Love needs two things: it must have its roots in freedom and it must know the art of trust.
We need to give our partner the freedom to choose for herself and be confident that she will stay with us. This is one of Osho’s 85 great phrases.