The term illusion has different meanings. Sensory illusions, for example, those visual illusions that we have due to the visual perception of false or erroneous images; to cognitive illusions, in which our knowledge of the world intervenes.
But illusion is also synonymous with hope or desireThis is why phrases like “we started to age when we lost the illusion” or “I found the illusion of playing again” are part of our everyday language.
Maintaining enthusiasm is essential as we keep moving forward and striving for our dreams. Below you can find a selection of phrases about illusion of those to interpret your life experiences.
Remember, you can also find inspirational quotes and thoughts in articles like these:
- The 55 best phrases about psychology … and their meanings
- 123 wise phrases to reflect on life
1. Limits, such as fear, are often an illusion
Fear can be an illusory belief that keeps us from growing taller.
2. We were talking about the space between us and the people who are hiding behind a wall of illusions. The truth is never seen. So it’s too late when they’re gone
If we are not aware of the present moment, we may regret it in the future.
3. What is life? A madness. What is life? An illusion, a shadow, a story. And the greatest of goodness is small, for all life is a dream, and dreams are only dreams.
Being able to enjoy this life is everyone’s best gift.
4. Romantic love is an illusion. Many of us have discovered this truth at the end of a love affair or when the sweet emotions of love lead us to marriage and then extinguish their flames.
Love is feeling, it is hope, it is illusion.
5. The problem is how you will spend this strange and beautiful life that they have given you. If you are going to spend it on trying to look good and creating the illusion that you have power over people and circumstances, or if instead you are going to try it, you are going to enjoy it and you are going to find the truth about it. who are you.
Life has to be lived, there is no point in living with expectations or dreams.
6. It is important to know that there is no country on earth where love has not turned lovers into poets
The illusion is also experienced. Especially if you are a loving heart.
7. [La ficción de horror] it shows us that the control we think we have is a pure illusion, and that at all times we are oscillating between chaos and oblivion
Clive Barker leaves us a curious sentence that will make you think.
8. What is the strength when an illusion dies. It’s as hard as when you lost a child
Having no hopes or goals is like being dead alive
9. Dreams free us from dreaming and there is no end to illusion. Life is like a humor train, like a necklace with pearls, and as we walk through them they show us that they are lenses of many colors that paint the world in its own shade.
Having dreams and dreams is what keeps us alive.
10. Religion is an illusion and its strength comes from the fact that it corresponds to our most instinctive desires.
A quote from Sigmund Freud that deals with religious beliefs.
11. If it feels real and real, do you think it matters if it is real?
Illusions can be seen and felt as something very authentic.
12. An illusion is an illusion. Reality is still there despite the facade
a lot of times we hide in who we really are.
13. Death for the young is a shipwreck and for the elderly reaches the port
When you realize your dreams and desires, death is the end of the journey.
14. Don’t be fooled by what you see around you, or be influenced by what you see. You live in a world which is a playground full of illusions, full of false paths, false values and false ideas.
A quote that states the world is a great illusion.
15. There is an old illusion. It’s called good and bad
A short sentence by Friedrich Nietzsche, Which, despite its brevity, is meaningful.
16. There is an optical illusion on every person we know
For us, people are what we perceive of them.
17. If you can speak brilliantly about a problem, it can create the comforting illusion that the problem has been brought under control.
When there is no resentment, the evil has already been resolved.
18. It is much harder to kill a ghost than it is to kill a reality.
When the past haunts us, it’s hard to forget.
19. What a strange illusion to suppose that beauty is goodness
The great Leo Tolstoy gives us this beautiful quote full of meaning.
20. Photography is a kind of virtual reality, and it helps if you can create the illusion of being in an interesting world.
The world we live in is the world we interpret and perceive.
21. My greatest hope is to keep having hopes
Having illusions is what motivates us and keeps us alive.
22. Television gives us food for thought, but doesn’t give us time to do so
New technologies make us receive too much information.
23. Don’t reject your dreams. Without the illusion of the world what would it be?
In difficult times, the excitement of a better place can keep us going.
24. If you want your children to have their feet on the ground, put some responsibility on their shoulders.
Illusions are the engine that drives us through life.
25. You will never be able to have me without opening your desire to the nakedness which seals the ineffable, and you will not find my lips while something concrete takes root in your love.
A beautiful phrase of excitement that awakens a person we love
26. The only thing we have to fear is that the sky is falling on our heads. There is no need to go back over what has been and is no longer
The illusion is in the future. The past can no longer be recovered.
27. Intelligent people have a right over ignorant people: the right to educate
A very real sentence that says a lot and makes you think deeply. One of the most inspiring quotes about illusion.
28. Only illusions help us to live. A man who knew the whole truth, should sit by the side of a road and cry to death
The real truth can be really depressing.
29. The lost illusions are leaves detached from the tree of the heart
You cannot live a happy life without hope.
30. Fortune tires of always carrying the same man on its shoulders
Money is a motivation and an illusion for many.
31. The castle of his illusions came silently, without a trace, vanished like a dream; and he doesn’t even realize he’s dreamed
A poetic phrase on how the illusion can fade
32. There is something that gives splendor to everything that exists, and that is the illusion of finding something just around the corner.
Illusion can bring us back to life. It can help us come to the surface.
33. Losing an illusion hurts. Losing them all kills
A man without illusions is a man without life.
34. The difference between the past, the present and the future is only a lingering illusion
Albert Einstein, a meaningful sentence that deals with illusion over time.
35. How long will we continue to believe that happiness is just one of the games of illusion?
Happiness can only live in the present moment.
36. The only thing pleasant to be imperfect is joy that she brings to others
Many appreciate the misfortunes of others.
37. It is certainly wrong to be full of faults; but it is still a greater evil to be full of them and not to want to recognize them, because it is to add still that of a voluntary illusion
Illusion, if it’s an irrational belief, it can seriously harm us.
38. Love does not exist, it is only an illusion
The living love of expectations, of the image we have made of each other.
39. Let me escape the false and criminal illusion of happiness! Give me work, fatigue, pain and enthusiasm
Pursue the illusion of happiness constantly and obsessively it makes you really miserable
40. What we call family pride is often based on an illusion of self-esteem. A man wants to perpetuate and immortalize himself
An expression of Alexis De Tocqueville on the belief in the pride of the family.
41. People reject what they don’t understand because it makes them feel small. People prefer to believe in another reality, even if it is just a simple illusion, when it makes them feel bigger.
Seeing things as they are can mean breaking old patterns.
42. In our natural state, we are glorious beings. In the world of illusions, we are lost and imprisoned, slaves to our appetites and our will to false power.
Living with illusions may seem calm, but in the long run, it’s bad.
43. I realized that the past and the future are true illusions, that they exist in the present, which is what is and only what is.
The only moment we can live is the present, the rest are illusions.
44. The distinction between the past, the present and the future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion
Living from the past is an illusion. Living in the future is an illusion. The only thing we can experience is the present.
45. Before I got married, I had six theories on how to educate children. I now have six children and no theory
When you don’t have kids, you have an imaginary idea of what it’s like to have them. Living it changes your mind, because you realize you were wrong.
46. If time is not real, then the dividing line between this world and eternity, between suffering and well-being, between good and evil, is also a mere illusion.
Everything that goes through our mind it is interpreted by usWhether we like it or not, because we never see things as they are.
47. Rootedness is the greatest maker of illusions; reality can only be realized by those who are uprooted
Emotional disinterest is one of the best ways to be happy
48. A system of morality based on relative emotional values is a mere illusion, a completely vulgar conception, which has no sound and has nothing real.
A phrase from Socrates that deals with morality and how it is constructed by human beings.
49. The action is heartwarming. She is the enemy of thought and the friend of flattering illusions
Nothing is deceived. But if we are to achieve what we set out to do, we must move and act.
50. Illusionary joy is often worth more than true pain
If we firmly believe in something, it has an effect on how we feel.
51. Decorate your home. It gives you the illusion that your life is more interesting than it really is
The idea that our environment affects us is not new.
52. The illusion? It’s expensive. It costs me more to live on the account
The illusions we have can keep us alive and active.
53. It’s great to have illusions in life … But in the meantime, don’t try to materialize them … Only dreams are …!
Illusions can give us a good time, but they are not always possible.
54. Ugliness is irrelevant. It is an immeasurable insult to a woman, and besides, it is supposed to be the worst crime that can be committed as a woman. But ugliness, as well as beauty, are nothing more than illusions
A curious quote from Margaret Cho which can have different interpretations.
55. Every trip to the past is complicated by disappointments, false memories and false names of real events.
Deceptions they make us feel immense sadness. A line of illusion that deals with the other side of the coin of desire.
56. The people never give up their freedoms but under the deception of an illusion
The illusion of something better can make us sacrifice something we have
57. Illusion is the first of all pleasures
Illusion can be positive because it makes us feel good.
58. In general, dream women are an optical illusion
Many will never come into contact with beautiful women
59. Photography, as we all know, is not real at all. It is an illusion of reality with which we have created our own private world
What we see is not the real world, but the construction we make of the world.
60. Tradition is the illusion of permanence
The always awesome, Woody Allen, leaves us with this beautiful phrase.
61. Fantasy is a stationary bike for the mind. It might not get you anywhere, but it will tone your muscles as much as possible
The brain can trick us into filling the void.
62. Tango is the evil of misunderstanding, the agony of waiting and the illusion of a hug
Sharing tango steps with a woman can turn a man on.
63. Everything that happens in the world is real, we think that what must have happened is a projection. We suffer more for our fictitious illusions and for the expectations of reality
It is not what is happening that makes us suffer, but the idea that we have of what is going on.
64. I miss the daily light of my existence … To tell you that you are my best illusion, my life, my charm, my tenderness, all my
Loving that person you consider special is certainly a beautiful illusion.
65. To have illusions is to live
Without illusions, a person she cannot be motivated, As he remains motionless.
66. In the shadows, far from the daylight, melancholy sighs on the sad bed, the pain next to him and the migraine in his head
When the illusion is lost, we walk aimlessly.
67. No, our science is not an illusion. But an illusion would be to assume that what science cannot give us, we can find elsewhere.
A quote from Sigmund Freud which deals with illusion and science.
68. Love poetry … cheap words to break the soul and create an illusion
A sentence that talks about poetry and how words can excite us.
69. Painting is an illusion, a piece of magic, so what you see is not what you see
What we see is a construction we made how reality can be interpreted.
70. The philosopher should be able to speculate on all things
Speculation is not a real, tangible thing, but an expectation or an illusion.
71. Illusion is the younger sister of disappointment
Oliver Wendell Holmes, in a sentence that links illusion to disappointment.
72. All religions, my friend, are simply made of fraud, fear, greed, imagination and poetry.
The religions, although some do not believe it, live on the enthusiasm of the people.
73. What is life? A frenzy. What is life? An illusion. All life is a dream
What we believe to be real is actually a construction that we have made.
74. We reject precious time in dreams, born of the imagination, nourished by illusion and put to death by reality
We waste too much time in our lives navigating unrealistic expectations.
75. I am not denying the rights of democracy; but I have no illusions about the use that will be made of these rights as long as wisdom is scarce and pride abounds
It is not the same to live in a democracy as to live under the illusion of democracy.
76. The young man is happy because he has the capacity to see the beautiful
This sentence by Kafka highlights the positive perception that characterizes youth.
77. The world is full of magical things to discover
An inspired phrase about the wonders of nature and culture.
78. Write in your heart that every day is the best day of your life
This famous quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson fills everyone with optimism.
79. Who wants to find a positive side to all their experiences, what he achieves
An anonymous sentence on how desire influences our illusion.
80. Only the happiest and craziest hearts are truly free
Character and vitality make the difference.
81. You need to know how we manage the time we spend wondering
Living life also depends on decisions.
82. Making discoveries a habit is something that characterizes happy people.
Every day you can be full of little moments of glory.
83. At some point we can feel all that we haven’t felt in a year
The feelings follow a logic that seems to transcend time.
84. Illusion allows us to achieve incredible goals
Desire pushes us to surpass ourselves.
85. It is never too late to go for it with all our might
We are always able to set goals.