In this article they are compiled short sentences of happiness made to make us a little more likely to live day to day with joy.
Not only do they help us become more optimistic, but many of them also reflect such important thinkers as Albert Einstein, Aristotle oh Hellen Keller.
Cheerful and positive phrases for all tastes
Also, remember that on this same website you can find other phrase compilation articles, such as the following:
120 small positive phrases to live everyday life with optimism
101 motivational phrases to focus on success
123 wise phrases to reflect on life
64 Buddhist phrases to find inner peace
75 philosophical phrases spoken by great thinkers
Phrases of happiness to be more positive
Let’s get to know the best famous phrases that tell us about feelings of happiness and joy. Are you ready?
1. Things are beautiful if you like them
A clearly optimistic vision is evoked in this sentence Jean Anouilh.
2. There is only one way to be happy in life: to love and be loved.
George Sand utters one of the most frequent phrases of happiness related to love.
3. Those who want to sing always find a song
A swedish proverb which also fits perfectly between the phrases of happiness belonging to popular culture.
4. When you’re true to yourself in what you do, fascinating things happen.
Deborah Norville it leaves us with a reflection on the wonders that hide our daily realities.
5. Beauty is power and a smile is your sword.
An inspiring phrase from the English naturalist John Ray.
6. Happiness is the ultimate goal of human existence
One of the first phrases of happiness in history, attributed in this case to the father of philosophy in Europe, Aristotle.
7. Happiness is meant to be shared
Pierre Corneilleon the fraternal part of happiness.
8. The purpose of our lives is to be happy.
One of the most memorable phrases from the Dalai Lamais also one of the most popular expressions about happiness.
9. Life is either one big adventure or nothing.
Hellen Kellerabout the nature of life as something to be lived intensely.
10. The secret to happiness is having something to do.
John Burroughsabout the simplicity with which we can find what makes us happy.
11. You can be happy wherever you are.
Joel Osteen He says there are no excuses for purposely keeping us out of happiness
12. There is happiness in duty, even if it doesn’t seem like it
Jose Marti it makes us see the good side of obligations and responsibilities.
13. Happiness is not something that is postponed, but something that is designed for the present
Jim Rohn it connects the state of happiness to what we experience here and now.
14. Joy lies in the joy of achievement and in the excitement of creative endeavor
Franklin D. Roosevelt gives the one who, in his opinion, is a key to happiness.
15. Whenever one door to happiness closes, another immediately opens.
Another of the happiness phrases of Hellen Keller better known, about the opportunities that constantly present themselves.
16. Independence is happiness
Susan B. Anthony links the ability to choose freely to happiness.
17. Happiness comes when what you think, what you say and what you do are in harmony
One of the sentences of Gandhi in which a very particular view is given of what joy and happiness are.
18. The time you love wasting time is not wasted
Marthe Troly Curtin it gives us an excuse to keep doing what we love.
19. A table, a chair, a bowl of fruit and a violin. What else do we need to be happy?
One of the many positive phrases he left Albert Einsteinbeyond the field in which he was an expert.
20. No matter where you go: you are there
Confucian leaves one of the most powerful positive phrases.
21. Happiness is in yourself, not next to someone
movie legend, Marilyn Monroeon happiness and romantic relationships
22. Today I have nothing to do but smile
Paul Simon let this famous happiness quote be as simple as it is joyful and inspiring.
23. Kind words, a warm book, and an honest smile can do wonders.
William Hazlittin one of those reflections that link happiness to the little pleasures of everyday life.
24. A smile is a universal welcome
A way of seeing the usefulness of smiles, beyond borders. quote from Max Eastman.
25. An optimist is the human embodiment of spring.
One of the most poetic phrases of happiness, and this case of Susan J. Bissonette.
26. Smile, it’s free therapy
Douglas Horton It may be wrong to compare smiles to a form of therapy, but the result is a valid picture.
27. Being optimistic never hurt anyone. You can always cry later
Lucimar Santos de Lima it gives one more reason to keep a positive mindset.
28. Laughter is a poison to be feared
George RR Martin he sees laughter from a somewhat martial point of view, but useful, after all, to be happier.
29. There is only one passion: the passion for happiness
Happiness embodied in the thought of Denis Diderot.
30. Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier
Colin Powell in a sentence of happiness that is also motivating.
31. The term “happiness” would lose all meaning if it were not compensated by sadness
The referent of the psychodynamic school, Carl Jung, on the relationship between happiness and sadness.
32. I enjoy my life because things don’t go as planned
Rohit Pandita it makes us see with a good face the apparent chaos of what happens in life.
33. Peace begins with a smile
Teresa of Calcutta it puts the focus on the individual when it comes to talking about happiness.
34. Astonishment awaits us around every corner
A way of relating the exciting to what we are used to in principle, by James Broughton.
35. Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it’s over
One of the classic phrases of happiness from the famous architect of children’s stories, the Dr Seuss.
36. Live the life you love. love the life you live
A simple maxim from the reggae legend Bob Marley.
37. To forgive yourself is to be happy
Robert Louis Stevenson he believes that the feeling of well-being arises when we come to terms with ourselves.
38. Happiness is something that is practiced, like the violin
John Lubbock leave this reflection where happiness is portrayed as a project to which we must contribute every day.
39. Listen once in a while. It’s fascinating what you can hear
Another of the phrases of happiness that speak of the emotion of discovery, this time of Russell Baker.
40. Love will never leave us alone
Another of the happiness quotes uttered by the Jamaican singer Bob Marleyin this case related to love.
41. A happy life is a unique creation that cannot be copied from a recipe
Mihaly Csikszentmihalyone of the references of positive psychology, offers this reflection of happiness so that we learn to appreciate the uniqueness of our lives.
42. Love is that micro-moment of warmth and connection we share with another living being
Barbara L. Fredricksonabout the small moments of happiness we share in the moments when we share an emotional connection with someone.
43. Happiness is not there for us to find, and the reason is that it is within us
One of the reflections of happiness uttered by researchers in psychology departments, in this case the American Sonja Lyubomirsky.
44. Happiness is the only thing that multiplies when shared
Albert Schweitzeron the paradox of happiness and fraternal bonds.
45. The difference between mystery and happiness depends on what we do with our attention
Sharon Salzbergon the relationship between how attention is managed and how happy moments are experienced.
46. A crisis is something that tastes bad to waste
A positive reflection of Paul Romeron the potential for crises.
47. Becoming is better than being
Carol S. Beck about the moments of pleasure that come with personal growth.
48. No matter the age, there is always something good to overcome
Lynn Johnston gives one of the phrases of happiness they touch, as well as the theme of challenges as something that motivates us to move forward.
49. If someone does not know in which port he is sailing, no wind is favorable to him
Philosopher Seneca he leaves one of the most iconic reflections on how lack of happiness can be, in part, sought after.
50. Being completely honest with yourself is good exercise.
One of the happy phrases uttered by Sigmund Freud, the father of psychoanalysis.
51. The happiness of our lives depends on the quality of our thoughts
A phrase attributed to Marco Aurelio. Connect the idea of happiness to the state of mind with which we interpret the world.
52. Happiness cannot be obtained by wanting to be happy. It must feel like an unintended consequence of pursuing a goal bigger than yourself.
One of Viktor Frankl’s famous happiness quotes, in which his humanistic approach is noticeable.
53. Today is the first day of the rest of your life
A famous quote from Abbie Hoffmanon new beginnings.
54. Action is the key to success
A quote from the painter Pablo Picassolinked to happiness but also to surpassing oneself.
55. Unhappiness is defined as the difference between our talents and our expectations
The psychologist Edward de Bono he talks about the nature of misfortune, showing one of the keys to not falling into it.
56. Work hard, be kind and amazing things will happen.
Recommended by Conan O’Brien
57. With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts
This optimistic reflection is from Eleanor Roosevelt.
58. What is beautiful never dies
One of Thomas Bailey Aldrich’s phrases of happiness and beauty.
59. Flowers grow from the darkest times
Artist and educator Corita Kent reflects on our ability to overcome and our resilience.
60. Happiness is not something that is already done, it emanates from our own actions
The Dalai Lama reflects on the nature of true happiness.
61. Many times happiness sneaks through a door you didn’t know you left open.
John Barrymore highlights the unexpected some accidents that produce no joy.
62. No one can hurt me without my permission
One of Mahatma Gandhi’s most quoted phrases.
63. Once in a while it is good to stop the pursuit of happiness and just be happy
Guillaume Apollinaire talks about the good that can be found in the simple of the present.
64. If you can imagine it, you can do it
A hopeful reflection of Walt Disney that speaks to us on human potential.
65. Remember that the happiest people are not those who earn the most, but those who give the most
H.Jackson Brown Jr. associates happiness with solidarity and empathy.
66. There is no one happier than the one who is truly grateful
Joyce Meyer talks about the happiness associated with those lucky moments
67. When we are more alive is when we fall in love
A reflection by John Updike on the euphoria you feel lover.
68. Everything you can imagine is real
Another of the phrases about the fuzzy limits of the potential we carry within.
69. Joy is the simplest form of gratitude
A show of happiness can be a way to return help to others.
70. The most healing therapy is friendship and love
Humane treatment and empathy, combined with timeshare, these are the basic ingredients of happiness.
71. A friend is what the heart constantly needs
Henry van Dyke points to one of the main sources of happiness and well-being.
72. Moving forward is a simple act, what remains is the hardest part
Musician Dave Mustaine speaks in these terms of resilience.
73. Silence is a great source of strength
This reflection by Lao Tzu points to one of the corners of our lives where we can draw energy to be happy.
74. Great works are not done by force but by perseverance
A line from Samuel Johnson on who realizes major projects.
75. Happiness is only real when shared
A beautiful reflection by Christopher McCandless.
76. Happiness is not a matter of intensity, but of balance, order, rhythm and harmony. (Thomas Merton)
A way of seeing life with more pause and balance between heart and reason.
77. Don’t let your happiness depend on someone, because that person won’t always be the way you think. (Albert Einstein)
If your happiness depends on someone other than you, it’s fleeting happiness.
78. Happiness is a form of courage. (Holbrook Jackson)
Few people are ready to have this positive attitude.
79. If you want to understand the word happiness, you must understand it as a reward and not as an end. (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
It is the reward of positive processes and personal development, according to the author of El Principito.
80. All happiness depends on courage and hard work. (Honoré de Balzac)
The basics needed for a full life.
81. If the day hasn’t been worth it, it’s because you’re accumulating smiles for tomorrow. (Boño Toboso)
Reflection of the popular Barcelona poet.
82. The most interesting things happen to those who learn to appreciate small coincidences.
The same fact can leave us indifferent or make us happy depending on how we interpret it.
83. Behind a laugh hides an opportunity to share
Laughing is a first step in establishing a bond of complicity with others.
84. The key to happiness is not to look for opportunities, but to take advantage of those we already have
Constantly wanting what you don’t have is a way to waste opportunities.
85. Reading can transport us to new forms of happiness
The world of literature helps us relate ideas to each other in a way that excites us.
86. Learn to change your perspective to transform your life
Changing our mental patterns gives us access to new ways of living.
87. Be happy, it is to be in balance between dependence and love for and of others
The happy medium between independence and emotional connection with others.
88. Happiness is much more than a sum of pleasures
To be happy is to enjoy momentary pleasures.
89. Find your own community and share happiness
Being happy doesn’t have to be an individual mission.
90. Joy is only one of the possible doors to happiness
Being happy goes far beyond being happy.