Over the centuries, the
creative phrases and original thoughts which it has been recorded have been accumulated leaving evidence of our ability to be resourceful and resourceful when we think about the most varied subjects.
These creative phrases and thoughts are not only fun to read, but also invite reflection and can become something that inspires us to become more creative ourselves.
After all, knowing interesting points of view that are expressed in original ways through short sentences gives us the opportunity to revisit our preconceptions and see that there are concepts that are more related to each other than we didn’t believe in a principle.
The best original and creative sentences
The selection of short sentences below can help you develop your own ideas based on the thoughts that may arise from reading them. However, it’s also worth remembering that while many of these short quotes can be shocking and provocative, developing your own philosophy of life also requires dialogue, debate, and reading more detailed texts and books.
By the way, if you want to see more interesting phrases, you can always skip the Psychology and Mind Instagram or see these other selected phrase compilations:
- 125 short positive sentences to live your daily life with optimism
- 101 motivational phrases to focus on success
- 75 philosophical phrases spoken by great thinkers
- 50 phrases about lack of love and complicated romantic relationships
Below you can see the selection of creative phrases. Let’s get started!
1. Miracles arise from difficulties
Jean de la Brùyère he talks about resilience and our ability to overcome adversity.
2. I think you can do it and you’ve already come halfway
One of the reflections of
Theodore Roosevelt on the ability to believe in yourself.
3. We facilitate our own creative evolution
Bill hicks, In another inspiring phrase related to personal development.
4. To draw, you have to close your eyes and sing.
The spanish painter
Pablo Picasso uses this allegory to refer to how he understands inspiration.
5. Life is the flower whose love is honey
Victor Hugo it shapes the relationship between life and love in such a poetic way.
6. Be yourself, everyone is already ordering
As in almost all of the ingenious phrases of
Oscar wildeHere, ingenuity and a sense of irony blend together.
7. Creativity is the power to connect seemingly disconnected people
A reflection on the creativity of
8. Originality is nothing more than a sensitive imitation
Voltaire thinking out loud.
9. An idea that is not dangerous does not deserve to be called an idea.
Another of the creative thoughts of
10. Everything imaginable is real
Pablo Picasso, About the scope of our imagination.
11. A man can die, nations can rise and fall, but an idea endures
John F. Kennedy reflects on the imprint left by ideas.
12. Life is the art of drawing without an eraser
Creative thinking about life, from
John W. Gardner.
13. To define is to limit
Oscar wilde in one of the popular expressions most used today.
14. Shut up or say something better than silence
The Greek philosopher
Pythagoras, In a somewhat harsh but necessary sentence.
15. The secret to creativity is learning to hide your sources
Albert Einstein ironically on talent and plagiarism.
16. Not being dead is not the same as being alive.
EE Cummings, Raises an apparent paradox.
17. Love them all, trust some, don’t hurt anyone
William Shakespeare in one of the most morally related sentences.
18. Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens
Jimi Hendrix popularize this sentence which seems to belong rather to an Asian philosophy book.
19. The greatest enemy of creativity is common sense
Another of the famous painter’s phrases
Pablo Picasso, On creativity and the elements that can attack it.
20. No artist tolerates reality
Friedrich Nietzsche talks about the nature of art.
21. Some people smell the rain, others get wet
One of the best known phrases from
22. Look where there is silence and say something
A very original sentence, from the journalist
23. A life lived in fear has only been lived in half
A well-known proverb.
24. The whole universe has a rhythm, everything dances
Maya angelou he talks about the musicality of the situations we experience in our everyday life.
25. Life is like jazz … better if it is improvised
A reflection of
26. Life tries things to see if they work
Ray bradbury speaks of the essence of life.
27. Real creativity starts where the language stops
Arthur koestler, On the limits of language.
28. You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Friedrich Nietzsche he left very poetic sentences. This is an example.
29. When we educate, two learn
One of the quotes most used to talk about education, fatherhood is from
30. Creativity is contagious, it happens.
Albert Einstein besides being a physicist who changed the course of history, he left behind a fair amount of creative and inspiring phrases like this.
31. Time is a good healer but a bad esthetician
A reflection with a touch of humor,
Lucille S. Harper.
32. Art is not a thing, it is a path
Elbert hubbart reflects on art.
33. To live a creative life, we must overcome the fear of making mistakes
Joseph Chilton Pearce, On the factors that limit our creative potential.
34. Without freedom, no creation
The famous Hindu thinker
Jiddu Krishnamurti talks about the nature of freedom.
35. To be courageous is to be free
Seneca, In one of the most motivating thoughts.
36. Sometimes silence is the worst lie
Miguel de Unamuno talks about the serious implications of silence in certain contexts.
37. Beauty, like pain, makes you suffer
Thomas mann, On the double cut of beauty.
38. Flatterers are like friends like wolves to dogs
A very inspired comparison, an idea
39. How common it is to sit down to write when you haven’t got up to live
Henry David Thoreau it registers its vitality in this phrasing.
40. Where words fail, music speaks
Hans Christian Andersen, About music and its power.
41. A handshake cannot be given with closed fists
Indira gandhi, One of the great defenders of pacifism, speaks of the need for dialogue.
- More Gandhi phrases in this article
45. If you’ve never failed, you’ve never lived
A very powerful anonymous phrase.
46. We know who we are, but not what we can be
William Shakespeare, In one of his ingenious phrases about the potential of the human being.
47. Life expands and contracts in proportion to his courage
Anais Nin uses a very powerful image to talk about what life is and how it relates to courage.
48. A lie told often becomes the truth
Lenin, On the possibility of making a lie an indisputable idea.
49. It’s not your job that I love you, it’s mine
A sentence from
50. If you can dream it, you can do it
Walt disney, On the possibilities offered by the simple fact of imagining situations.
51. Satisfied people don’t like, they fall asleep out of habit
Another of the sentences of
Miguel de Unamuno, In this case about love and relationships.
52. Music is the poetry of the air
Jean Paul Richter in a very poetic phrase about music.
53. Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet
Jean-Jacques Rousseau refers to the world of flavors to explain in a short sentence one of the facets of patience.
54. Doubt is one of the names of intelligence
Jorge Luis Borges he speaks of intelligence as something equivalent to the management of constant doubts.
55. The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up
Paul Valery thinks about the conditions that need to be in place to achieve the goals.
56. If you don’t make mistakes, it’s because you don’t make decisions
Catherine cook, On the courage to assume the possibility of being wrong.
57. We must harden without ever losing tenderness
Ernesto Che Guevara speaks of an apparent contrast.
58. There is someone so intelligent who learns from the experience of others
Voltaire, In one of his creative and ingenious quotes on intelligence.
59. Violence is fear of the ideals of others
Mahatma Gandhi, About the violence and what’s behind it.
60. A good traveler has no plans
Lao Tzu, On one of the qualities of the traveler.
61. We are so limited that we always think we are right
Goethe, On the illusions that lead us to believe that we can grasp the absolute truth.
62. If you want to learn, teach
Cicero, In a maxim that has survived over two thousand years.
63. The adventure can be crazy, but the adventurer must be understanding
Gilbert Keith Chesterton, On one of the requirements to embark on the adventure.
64. A good life is inspired by love and guided by the intellect.
Bertrand russell, About what he understood as a good life.
65. Silence is the only friend who does not betray
Confucius he expresses here how much he valued respect and prudence based on fidelity to traditions.
66. Television is a double-edged sword with which even the viewer can commit suicide.
Virginie vilanova, On the risks of television and the information it transmits.
67. The world is nothing more than a canvas to your imagination
An imaginative sentence from the great writer
Henry David Thoreau.
68. Virtue can only flourish between equals
Mary wollstonecraft, In a reflection on equality.
69. Every moment is gold for those who know how to see it as such
Henry miller, On the importance of valuing the good times that life gives us.
70. Intelligence, without ambition, is a bird without wings
Salvador Dali, The famous Catalan painter, in a phrase that overflows with creativity.
71. Good artists know what to leave out
Charles de Lint, On the need to select only the good and the necessary.
72. Life is a long lesson in humility
James M. Barrie, In a reflection aloud.
73. We admire things for reasons but we love them for no reason
Gilbert Keith Chesterton, In a sentence that will leave you thinking. Admittedly, love is generally not generated through rational channels.
74. The urgent usually attacks the necessary
Mao tse tung, The legendary Chinese Communist leader, in a phrase that can be interpreted in many ways.
75. In art, what is obvious is a sin
Edward Dmytryk he reveals to us his vision of artistic creation.
76. It is useless to go back over what has already been and is no longer
Frédéric Chopin on the ephemeral of human existence.
77. We live in a rainbow of chaos
Paul Cézanne, The magnificent painter, in a sublime metaphor.
78. A hungry dog has faith only in the flesh
Anton Chekhov it left us with many creative thoughts, like this one. How do you interpret it?
79. Man hates those who make him suffer his own inferiority
A phrase that can awaken our creative side,
Earl of Chesterfield.
80. The less routine, the more life
I love Bronson Alcott, A claim to leave our comfort zone.
81. Take the time to choose a friend, but it takes even longer to change
Benjamin franklin, On friendship and the processes of change.
82. The supreme art of the master is to awaken the joy of creative expression
One of Albert Einstein’s quotes on creativity.
83. The art of writing is the art of discovering what you believe in
This reflection of Gustave Flaubert emphasizes the process of self-knowledge that goes into writing an original work.
84. Creativity is all about allowing yourself to make mistakes.
Scott Adams it offers us one of the creative phrases that value the freedom we have when it comes to producing new things.
85. Having a vision is the art of seeing what is invisible to others
Jonathan swift he speaks of the power he gives us to see beyond the apparent to the point of detecting potentialities.
86. Our actions derive from three essential sources: desire, emotion and knowledge.
A theoretical proposition of Plato aimed at explaining human behavior.
87. Personality is everything in art and poetry
A reflection of Goethe on the passions and motivations that guide artistic creation.
88. Hatred is blind, just like love
The great passions they are capable of blurring our rationality. A phrase from Oscar Wilde.
89. I discovered that if you love life, it belongs to you
This inspiring reflection is to Arthur rubinstein.
90. Art is the only way to run without leaving home
This reflection on the use of art as an escape is to Twyla Tharp.
91. Be true to the dreams of your youth
A recommendation from Friedrich schiller.