Adam Sandler is an American actor, producer and screenwriter, established in the Hollywood sphere thanks to his comedy films; even so, he showed us that he could play other more dramatic and mysterious roles.
In this article you will find several Adam Sandler’s Most Interesting Phraseswhich help to understand their way of apprehending life and cinema.
Adam Sandler’s most memorable phrases
To know and honor his career and personal legacy, we bring below a compilation of Adam Sandler’s best quotes and thoughts.
1. It’s hard to fly high with eagles when you’re surrounded by turkeys.
That’s why it’s important to surround ourselves with positive people who help us grow.
2. You just have to give yourself time, that’s good advice I think. Take the time to find out what you do well and what you don’t.
Time helps us put things in place.
3. I look at my father. He was twenty years old when he started having a family and he has always been the best of fathers.
Talking about what his father represented in his life.
4. I don’t know what drives me to succeed. I know that I always want to do my best.
Each person has their secret or their motivation to succeed.
5. I think the reason I don’t read is that when I read, I feel like I’m missing something else. You know, what are my friends doing? Where is my girlfriend?
An interesting curiosity of the actor is that he is not a fan of reading.
6. I grew up swearing a lot.
A child surrounded by constant rudeness, which he will later know how to use in his favor.
7. I never thought about what people would say about me.
One of the benefits of turning a deaf ear to the things other people say is that we can do what we love without any limits.
8. I think when I bought a house, that’s when I thought it was something grown up.
The moment when we can have something that is truly ours.
9. He did everything for his children and never pressured us. I know it must be great to be a guy like that.
A man who taught Adam the value of having a family.
10. When I take my child to school, all the parents stop and look at me.
He cannot escape his fame.
11. I just try to make good movies and try to be the best I can be and that’s it.
Your greatest motivation is to do your best in each new situation.
12. I always wanted to make a family film.
Although he is the king of comedy, he is also looking to branch out.
13. I work hard on my movies and my friends. I work hard and we try to make people laugh and I’m very proud of that.
Surrounded by people who love what they do.
14. My acting is different every time I do it. I don’t know what I’m doing.
Talk about your work style.
15. I wasn’t a kid growing up thinking, “One day I’m going to get an Oscar and give a speech.” It wasn’t in my mind.
Adam Sandler never imagined the things he has managed to conquer so far.
16. Sometimes I feel like an idiot. Even if I’m stupid, it works.
It is necessary to recognize our weaknesses, only then do they lose their impact on us.
17. My friends, we always try to make each other laugh. I mean, like all friends hanging out, that’s the point.
Focus all the time on having a good time with the people you love.
18. I think in my house, when I was a kid, I felt comfortable trying to be funny. And my father, of course, annoyed him sometimes. He was trying to rest and I was constantly trying to say something stupid to get a reaction.
One of his first approaches to comedy.
19. I don’t feel comfortable being around a lot of people.
Adam describes himself as an introverted and simpler person.
20. One day I have moments where I feel good, I feel like I love my life, and then at 2:30 am I’m the most angry man in life. My wife sees it.
Mood swings are common, especially when we feel uneasy about something.
21. My name is Adam Sandler. I’m not particularly good at it. I’m not particularly handsome. And yet I am a billionaire.
A man who, despite criticism all over his being, has shown how valuable he is to Hollywood.
22. My dad wasn’t perfect.
No one is perfect because we all make mistakes, but that’s what gives us the opportunity to be better.
23. I think I’m getting old because I have kids now. But I still don’t feel like an adult.
When do we really become adults?
24. I say things, like any other father, that remind you of your own parents.
It’s a cycle that we repeat, differently but with similar elements.
25. The only reason I got into stand-up was because my brother told me to.
A small push that made him take the biggest leap of his life.
26. I had times when I was humiliated, then I had times when I did something humiliating. I’m glad I played both roles.
Every person goes through good times and bad times.
27. It’s okay, remember, alcohol equals vomiting, which equals stinky disaster and no one likes you.
A lesson in avoiding alcohol abuse.
28. I don’t want my son to listen to the records I made.
Every parent wants to hide some part of their past from their children.
29. It feels good to try, but as a parent, I’m getting a little old. Now I see that I take it very seriously and in truth, I want this lifestyle.
Embracing his stage as a parent and focusing on being the best at it.
30. He was just a young boy excited to be a comedian and actor, and he just wanted to do what he had to do.
The only reason he had to pursue his acting career.
31. I don’t make all the decisions for my children. But I hope they will never see certain films that I make.
It is impossible, as parents, to prevent children from doing things for themselves.
32. I like to sit and write with my friends.
One of his favorite activities.
33. Sometimes the family does not have priority and feels guilty.
Talking about sacrifices when a movie is being shot.
34. Through my films, one day I try to tell the truth.
Showing himself a bit through his characters.
35. I definitely connected with the fact that life gets out of hand and you end up doing things and wanting to do other things.
Take the beauty of chaos to bring order to your own world.
36. When I was younger and doing a stand-up gig, it took me two weeks to recover. Sometimes I panicked so much that I stuttered.
Speaking of his stage fright which, despite the insecurity it generates, he decides to leave it behind to do what he loves.
37. In high school, he wanted to be a rock star and was in many bands.
Did you know Adam Sandler’s rock past?
38. When I was a kid, I used to go to the bathroom when I had a temper tantrum. I would be in the bathroom crying, studying myself in the mirror. I was preparing for future roles.
His particular way of managing frustrations.
39. I don’t know if I’ll ever get there, but little by little I’m letting out parts of myself and maybe by the time I’m 85 I’ll look back and say: “Okay, that’s pretty much it.’
Build a personal story that you can look back on with pride.
40. My sisters are stronger and my brother is taller than me.
Let us see what it looks like his family.
41. Yes, I feel good about making home movies, but it won’t be my way of life. I am an actor.
Sometimes doing different movies doesn’t mean you’re going to give up acting.
42. I wanted to make sure I made a movie in my career for my mothers to hug me.
About wanting to make a family movie.
43. When you’re around children, you feel like you act more adult just because you’re supposed to lead.
It is the adults who must take responsibility for the children.
44. I don’t want to walk with new people. I feel safer with my friends.
Preferring your small group of reliable friends.
45. SNL is your home. You have all your brothers and sisters there, and it’s a great moment.
Grateful for what was his first home.
46. It is important that I surround myself with people who make me happy.
Why should we be surrounded by people who steal our energy?
47. I had no idea what I was going to do with my life. I was 17 and my brother went to a comedy club and he said, you can do this.
Thanks to his brother, he started the path that is now his life.
48. One thing I know about being a father is that you understand why your father was often in a bad mood.
It is only when we go through similar situations that we understand what others have gone through.
49. I read to my son, but I can’t stand reading.
One of the few ways he reads.
50. I was raised by a mother who told me she was amazing every day of my life.
The things we say to children in childhood will resonate strongly in adulthood.
51. I work hard to make people laugh. I try to do the kind of stuff that made me laugh growing up.
By leaving a little to the rest of the world, which makes him personally happy.
52. I don’t really like being in a public place. I don’t like going to bars.
Not everyone likes to go to parties or bars, but they prefer to be at home.
53. I love making these movies. You can do it on camera and then it’s over. I don’t have to worry about being in front of too many people.
Talk about your process of making different movies.
54. My intention is never to hurt anyone. I’m happy when people are having fun.
His only goal is to make people laugh.
55. I will continue to do the typical Adam Sandler comedies.
He would never give up what has become his personal brand.
56. I always had lots of friends and my house was where everyone spent their time.
His house was his friends’ favorite meeting place.
57. With the amount of money I have, it is difficult to raise children like I was raised.
It is always difficult to teach children the same values when they grow up in very different situations.
58. I like movies I’ve done in the past.
They all represent a bit of who he is.
59. My dad never gave me a speech saying “this is what you should or shouldn’t do”, but I just learned to be guided by examples.
Parents should be guides and never impose their frustrated ideals or dreams on their children.
60. The chemistry is good when you make love to her. Chemistry is bad when you crack it.
The two ways of using chemistry.
61. I seriously sing to my mom on the phone. To put him to sleep, I have to sing “Mary” from West Side Story. When I hear him snore, I hang up.
Speaking of his mother’s fascination with hearing him sing.
62. The difference when you have kids comes when someone wants to meet you after 9:30 p.m. You consider this great sacrifice. You think, ‘Am I doing this? Do I stay out until 10:30 p.m. and get mad tomorrow?’
Life is definitely not the same when you have children.
63. I always feel very scared when I stand in front of a live audience.
A fear that he has not overcome, but that he decides to face each time he appears.
64. I guess maybe in minor league baseball I wanted to be good at it. But at school, I was definitely not the best at it.
Not all children have a passion for school, but they have other things they can enjoy.
65. I have no secrets. I don’t know the reasons why I was very well received.
Our personality is our best cover letter, even if we don’t realize it.
66. I can take the pain.
The things we experience and learn teach us to endure suffering.
67. It’s good when small teams win.
Committed to celebrating the accomplishments of small teams.
68. I think I’m starting to understand what life is, what romance is, and what a relationship means.
We know we have matured when we understand these new changes that are appearing in our lives.
69. I have a love in my life. It makes me stronger than you can imagine.
Love never weakens us, because it becomes a motivation to move forward.
70. I don’t like to do celebrity stuff. So most of the characters I play are people who don’t always feel comfortable outside of their small circle of friends.
This is why he always feels identified with the roles he plays.