Marshall Bruce Mathers III, better known to the world and the music world as Eminem, is an American rapper, music producer, and actor. He is also known as “Slim Shady”, an alter ego that arrived in honor of his debut album.
Not only did she receive various accolades for her musical career, but she also won the Oscar for best song, thanks to her single “Lose Yourself” from the movie “8 Miles” in which she starred.
In this article you will find a collection of Eminem’s best quotesboth from his song lyrics and his statements to the media.
Eminem’s most memorable phrases
If you want to know this rapper’s way of thinking, keep reading; Here is a selection of Eminem’s most interesting phrases.
1. My only goal was to become a rapper.
A goal he achieved to the point of becoming part of his life.
2. Trust is hard to come by. This is why my circle is small and closed.
You don’t need to have a lot of friends, just loyal friends.
3. You have to find that inner strength and get it out of you anyway.
It costs, but it is not impossible.
4. When I say or do something, I do it. I don’t care what you think of me. I do all this for me.
Do things to please yourself.
5. You don’t have another chance in life. Life is not a Nintendo game.
You cannot start your life over.
6. You can do whatever your mind wants.
The mind has no limits.
7. A normal life is boring.
Everyone has their own perception of a normal life.
8. Success is my only choice, not failure.
Have a fixed mission.
9. If you are the father, be a father. Do you understand what I mean? I am a father. I have daughters.
Always present in the lives of their daughters.
10. Each album reflects what I’m going through or what’s going on in my life right now.
Place your personal life in your art.
11. It doesn’t matter how eager you are to get up and not get up again.
There are times when we want to give up.
12. I used to go to McDonald’s and Taco Bell every day. But the bar guys started to recognize me and I couldn’t stand it.
The price of fame. Losing intimacy.
13. You must search for this inner strength and eliminate all evil from you.
When you eliminate evil from your life, you make room for better opportunities.
14. I’ve always wanted this, but it’s becoming more of a nightmare than a dream.
Sometimes success becomes a heavy burden.
15. If people take some of my music, it should be motivating to know that anything is possible as long as you keep working and don’t back down.
Perseverance is the key to any victory.
16. For the people I forgot, you weren’t on my mind for some reason and you probably don’t deserve any thanks anyway.
People who bring nothing good to our lives should leave.
17. No one likes to fail. I want to be successful in everything I do, which isn’t much.
Chess always has a bad taste in your mouth.
18. I don’t care if you’re black, white, straight, gay, lesbian, tall, skinny, rich or poor. If you’re nice to me, I’ll be with you. So simple.
Kindness has nothing to do with our characteristics.
19. Rap was my drug, when I had to resort to other things that made me feel that way.
A favorable dependency.
20. God gave you shoes that fit you, so put them on and wear them.
You can with all these obstacles around you.
21. I’m not the only one feeling the way I feel. I think a lot of people can reflect in my shit, whether they’re white or black, it doesn’t matter.
Music has no preferences.
22. My album is not intended for young children. It has a warning sticker on it and you have to be over 18 to get it.
Place a disclaimer for your album.
23. Love is just a word, except when you start to define it.
What love means to him.
24. Do you have enemies? Well, that means you defended something with your cloak and sword.
Don’t be defeated by those who want to see you down.
25. I’m on your feet, I’m going to face my demons, I’m getting ready, I’m going to maintain my position.
Recognizing that we have a problem is the first step.
26. People can try to reinvent themselves.
Everything that has changed can be positive for the better.
27. Sometimes you have to let go and say “To hell with it” and move on.
There are things that just have to be put aside to continue.
28. Everything I said, I definitely felt at the time.
He never hid his feelings.
29. Fame hit me like a ton of bricks.
A blow that nearly knocked him down.
30. I think my first record opened a lot of doors to push freedom of expression to its limits.
The importance of his first album.
31. When I dealt with those who stab you in the back, I learned one thing. They are only powerful when you turn your back on them.
There will always be people who want to humiliate you because they see you as a threat.
32. Don’t dare judge me: you have no idea what I’ve been through.
No one knows the other’s personal struggles. That’s why we have to be nice.
33. You can do whatever you want with your life. It just depends on how you drive it.
Do what you want as long as it doesn’t hurt innocent people.
34. There is always a group of haters behind every successful person.
There will always be those who will envy you for all you have accomplished.
35. Get the motivation you need to not give up and be defeatist; no matter how eager you are to get down and crash.
A difficult but necessary process to move forward.
36. Sometimes I feel like rapping might be the key to ending racism.
Do you think this can be true?
37. I will be what I wanted to be, I will undoubtedly succeed.
And what do you want to be?
38. Sometimes I’m really good, but sometimes I can be a really bad person. I think all people in the world are like that.
No one is completely good or bad.
39. I can’t sit and roll, in my own grief, but I know one fact: I’ll be a tough act to follow.
You can only stand up or lie down on the ground.
40. We sing for these children who have nothing.
Be an example of going beyond.
41. I had nothing that was really for me, school, a home – nothing until I found something I loved, music. And it changed me forever.
Something that marked a before and after in his life.
42. My writing process, the way I create my lyrics; it’s just that I write everything that comes out of the rhythm that I feel.
Your personal writing process.
43. Personally, I think rapping is the best thing ever.
Showing all his love for rap.
44. I can’t tell you what it really is, I can only tell you what it really looks like.
There are things that cannot be explained.
45. We walk this road together, through the storm, no matter the weather. Cold or hot.
46. Sporadic thoughts will pop into my head and I’ll have to write something, and the next thing I know I wrote a whole song in an hour.
Songs that start as a long idea in the mind.
47. Life is too short and I don’t have time to sit down and waste time.
The attitude we must have in life.
48. The legend of the angry blonde will remain in your memory and in your heart when I leave.
An imprint that will never fade.
49. You only have one shot, don’t miss your chance to shine because the opportunity only comes once in a lifetime.
Life is short to waste.
50. I say things that can impress people, I think. But I don’t do things that surprise them badly.
The road to success is not always rosy.
51. This is why we cling to the moment, trying to freeze it and possess it, to squeeze it and hold it, because we regard those moments as golden. And maybe you understand when we left.
The reason we can’t let go of some memories.
52. Putting on my shoes, just to see what it’s like to be like me.
Nobody can judge you if they didn’t put you in their place.
53. No one asked life to give us this hand of cards that we carry, but we must play it ourselves and turn it over without waiting for help.
Fight with the weapons you have.
54. If I could get it all back now, I wouldn’t. He would have screwed up more than people said he shouldn’t.
It is by reconciling ourselves with our adversities that we build the future.
55. I try to treat all the money I make as if it was the last time I was going to make it.
A very good way to manage money.
56. I don’t think I’ve ever read poetry. I’m not really a smart book.
A custom that did not reach him.
57. Weapons are bad, I assure you.
There is no good in using weapons.
58. There was a time when I was like, “Damn, if I was born black, I wouldn’t have to go through all this.”
About the scorn he received for being a white rapper.
59. My father? I have never met him. I haven’t even seen a picture of him.
Not having a father figure nearby.
60. I learned not to get mad at everything and to appreciate what I should be grateful for.
A very healing attitude change.
61. There are no mountains that cannot be raised, no tower too high, and no plane that cannot learn to fly.
If you have confidence, you can go as far as you want.
62. Sometimes I act like nothing bad has affected me; if I let negativity get the better of me, then my insecurities might eat me alive.
A tactic that must be employed.
63. It feels good to see your work respected again.
Show pride in what he does.
64. Music is a reflection of being.
An essential part of being human.
65. I say what I mean and I do what I want to do. There is no middle ground. People will either love you or hate you for it.
This is why there are times when we should not listen to others.
66. It was my decision to clean up, I did it for myself. It’s true that I probably did it subliminally for you.
The only person who can save you from your demons is yourself.
67. Each part reveals a stage of my life that was or a stage of my life that is now.
Put a bit of himself in his songs.
68. I became a happier person, instead of continuing to hate myself.
A big breakthrough in your life.
69. Much of the truth is told in jest.
A lot of certain things are expressed through comedy.
70. When you’re a toddler, you don’t notice color, and the fact that my friends are black never crossed my mind.
Racism is learned.
71. No one knows I’m cold, I walk this path alone. It’s no one’s fault but mine, it’s the path I chose to follow.
To move forward, sometimes you have to do it alone.
72. I will be you, let’s change our shoes just to know what it would be like to feel your pain and feel mine, to get into other minds just to see how the shit other people see.
Putting yourself in another person’s shoes allows you to show empathy.
73. I may have made mistakes in the past because I’m only human, but I’m man enough to face them now.
The most important thing is that we do what is necessary in the face of our mistakes.
74. I’m a little weird about making new friends.
Showing his introversion.
75. Maybe one day we will wake up and it will just be a dream.
How do you know if all of this is real?
76. Somewhere deep inside me there is a decent man, whom you cannot see.
For some, it is difficult to show this light that is within us.
77. In my opinion, I am a fighter, my heart is lighter, my soul is fluid. My flow is the cause.
A fighter who deserved his success.
78. It’s better to get lost in the music, this moment is better if you take possession of it, it’s better if you never let go.
The power of music.
79. I can talk about killing people in my songs, but that doesn’t mean I do.
It’s just a metaphor for revenge.
80. If you rummage through the dashboard of my car, you’ll find a rap record or tape. It’s everything I buy, everything I experience, everything I hear, everything I love.
The genre of music you like the most.
81. As soon as I hear the beat, it almost immediately comes to mind what I want to write.
How it flows with music.
82. I don’t think I ever thought of myself as Superman. But there were people who thought of me that way, and maybe I believed them a little…
People’s support is important for our confidence.
83. I am who I am and I say what I think. I don’t give him a face.
Always be honest even if it gets you in trouble.
84. Shit… How much damage can you do with a pencil?
We must always be careful with our words.
85. The moment I used my adversity in my favor, my career skyrocketed.
The power to use our problems to our advantage.
86. I do it because I can. I can because I want to. I want because you said I couldn’t.
Demonstrate his worth to those who did not believe in him.
87. If you had a chance to enjoy what you’ve always wanted right now, would you take it or let it slip away?
What would your decision be?
88. I don’t want to be the next Tupac, but I don’t know how long I’m going to be on this planet either. So while I’m here, I’ll do the best I can with my time.
Leaving its own mark.
89. Don’t let them tell you you’re not beautiful. They can go to hell: be true to yourself. Always be proud of who you are.
People hate what they envy.
90. I was a poor white trash can, with no shine, no glamour, but I’m not ashamed of anything.
Another form of racism.
91. I was a smart boy, but I hated school.
A situation shared by many young people.
92. I am who I am and I say what I think. I specify that I will not face it.
Don’t be afraid to express yourself.
93. Sometimes I feel like I’m in a weird movie, you know, everything is so weird that sometimes I wonder if it’s really happening.
Without believing the course his life has taken.
94. I don’t hate women, they just make me angry sometimes.
A problem that leads to the wrong side.
95. Now that I understand that I am a drug addict, I definitely have compassion for my mother. I understand.
A recognition that led him to appreciate what he has.
96. The truth does not guarantee you tomorrow. Life is a mad rush, and nothing is guaranteed.
That’s why you should take advantage of every opportunity that comes your way.
97. I don’t think you can really change who you are, because who you are is more or less where you came from and what you’ve done so far.
Your actions are what determine your identity.
98. In the land of murderers, the mind of a sinner is a sacred place.
Twisted minds praising each other.
99. That doesn’t mean young kids can’t get it, but I’m not responsible for all the kids. I’m not a role model and I don’t claim to be one.
Doing his part to make it clear that his music isn’t just for kids.
100. Everyone’s been through some shit, whether it’s drastic or not so drastic.
Each person assesses their problems differently.
101. Be yourself and be proud of yourself. And even if it sounds corny, never let them say you’re not beautiful.
Be proud of who you are.
102. Now it’s rapping that lifts my spirits.
About his passion for rap.
103. You would have to walk 1000 miles in my shoes, just to see what it’s like to be like me.
No one knows our fight.
104. But the things I’m really passionate about, if I don’t achieve them, if I don’t succeed, what do I have?
Obsessed with always succeeding.
105. The fact that my best friends were of color never became an issue until I was a teenager and started raping.
The little ones don’t understand anything about racism.
106. If there is no drama and negativity in my life, all my songs will be boring.
Use their experiences as a source of musical inspiration.
107. I went to Denny’s or Big Boy to eat alone. It was a really sad picture. I got so fat that people started not recognizing me anymore.
A very dark moment in his life.
108. Don’t use drugs, don’t have unprotected sex, don’t be violent, leave it to me.
A warning about the dangers of risky behavior.
109. Everyone has goals, aspirations or whatever, and everyone has been at a point in their life where no one believed in it.
Many successful people achieve their goals without anyone’s support.
110. I always say this about my music, and music in general: music is like a time capsule.
Music is timeless.