Hugh Jackman is a famous Australian actor and singer born in the famous city of Sydney in 1968.
This famous actor is often known for his role as Wolverine in the “X-Men” movie saga, but apart from his lead role, Jackman has also collaborated on many other great plays such as: “Van Helsing”, “the miserable “,” the great Showman “or” Pure Steel “, all films that have had great public acceptance.
Famous quotes from Hugh Jackman, the legendary Wolverine
Movies always show us a very harsh version of this actor, but behind that facade is a very intelligent man with great artistic sensitivity. Below you will discover Hugh Jackman’s 70 Best Quotes, Who is undoubtedly one of the most beloved actors of today’s audiences.
1. Becoming a parent, I think it inevitably changes your outlook on life. I do not sleep enough. And the simplest things in life are completely satisfying.
Fatherhood is a condition that actually changes the way many men live, once we become parents our children will always be the most important thing for us.
2. Now I meditate twice a day for half an hour. Thanks to meditation, I can let go of everything. I am not Hugh Jackman. I am not a father. I am not a husband. I immerse myself in this powerful source which creates everything. I bathe a little.
Meditation can be an activity that helps us immensely in being able to order our ideas, in today’s fast paced society it can be a great ally for all of us.
3. Meditation has to do with the pursuit of nothingness. It’s like the last break. It’s better than the best dream you ever had. It is a silence of the mind. It sharpens everything, especially your appreciation of your surroundings. Keep your life fresh.
Thanks to this ancient technique, we can significantly increase our productivity, which in the business or professional world can be very useful.
4. I never heard my dad say a bad word about anyone. He always keeps his emotions in check and is a true gentleman. I was taught that losing was lenient, a selfish act.
Having good role models was for sure a great support for Jackman, making many of us show the same patterns of behavior, which our parents showed long ago.
5. As you get older, you have more respect and empathy for your parents. I now have a great relationship with both of them.
We all owe a lot to our parents, because without them we certainly wouldn’t be where we are today. It is very likely that who we are today and who we will be in the future will always be deeply influenced by their genes and personality.
6. Respect motivates me, not success.
We must respect all those people we meet, every human being, regardless of race or religion, is worthy of receiving the same respect from us.
7. There comes a point in life when you need to stop blaming others for how you are feeling or for the misfortunes in your life. You cannot live a life obsessed with what it could have been.
The past cannot be changed, these issues that have already been left behind in time should not have a place in our thoughts.
8. When I was little, I had always been interested in the theater. But the idea in my school was that theater and music complement man. It wasn’t what you did for a living. I got over it.
Performance has always been something he loved from a young age, no great actor can achieve the success he has achieved without feeling a great passion for his work.
9. I made a lot of movies that people hadn’t seen. “The Fountain”, I spent a year on it. “The Prestige” with Chris Nolan and “Australia”. From my point of view, it’s very satisfying. Some movies people watch and some don’t. “Wolverine”, “X Men”, I know on some level people know me just for that and that’s fine with me.
Although his role as “Wolverine” is better known, in films like “Australia” or “Prestige” his performances were really interesting. Some movies that if you haven’t seen them, maybe now is a good time to check them out.
10. What respects me and others is the spirit to do it. For better or for worse, it may and may not work, but I will. At the end of the day, you probably prefer to be respected for it whether or not it works, whether it’s winning or losing.
Fears and insecurities must be left behind if we are to be successful in life, success is something that always tends to favor people with more daring attitudes.
11. I’m a pretty competitive person so I really like to win.
Success was always present in his mind, thanks to his physical and interpretative qualities, he knew that one day he would succeed in achieving it.
12. Coming to agreement with our true nature and who we really are has always been a fascination with humans. I know that fascinates me.
The human being is a truly impressive living being, in the middle of the twentieth century not much is still known about its origin and subsequent evolution.
13. I have a great marriage, but unlike many relationships that they flow into, no matter what, you fall in love more and more every day. It’s the best thing that can happen to you. It’s exciting.
Some relationships can be really exciting for its members, some people just seem to be born to be together.
14. Being on Broadway is the modern equivalent of being a monk. I sleep a lot at most and get a lot of rest.
Life in the theater world may be different from what many of us imagine, as we see in this quote actors tend to have more free time than, say, enjoying the world of cinema.
15. I have a wife and a son, but rumors of homosexuality have started. Guess that’s a sign I’m moving up the ranks.
Some media have reported that this actor may be gay, a sexual condition he never shared, albeit totally respectable.
16. I love to make fun of it. I made my living as a clown at children’s parties for about three years.
Like any good actor Jackman hugely enjoys being the center of attention, although we might not have imagined him that way, this actor is often the primary driver of jokes among his group of friends.
17. I’m a big fool, you know. Don’t tell anyone, but I’m a big fool. In Australia, we call it “dag”.
He never considered himself to be an intelligent man, although in order to memorize the scripts of his films, he must surely be a person with great ease of memorization.
18. I am not a child. You do not enter this business out of anonymity. It’s not like I have my posters on the wall, but at the same time I’m ready for a bit, but I care about my little one and my family, their privacy. This is what I am most protective of.
His family has always been the most important thing for him, for them he could really do anything.
19. Sometimes you have to go to places with characters and emotions in you that you don’t want to do, but you have a duty to tell the story and do it as a storyteller.
In order for an actor to properly imitate an emotionally complex character, he must have previously internalized these harsh emotions, which he will later use in his performance.
20. My agent said to me five years ago, “Hugh, I can see you someday… if I had to plan a goal for you, it’s because you have the kind of career Sinatra had. “
The image of Jackman has always been very masculine and powerful, just like that of the great American singer.
21. Americans are the most generous country in the planet. I worked in Europe, I worked in Australia. There is no other place where you have absolutely no attitude about being a stranger. If you do your job well, they give you a hug.
The United States is a melting pot of cultures, a society where a person is rarely judged by where they come from.
22. I am an actor who believes that we all have triggers of any stage of emotion. It’s not always easy to find, but it’s always there.
Certain memories can lead us to experience emotions that we thought we had forgotten, an emotional process that this actor often uses repeatedly during his performances.
23. I realized that acting was what I wanted to do with my life. Nothing had touched my heart like playing.
The world of theater fascinated him, being an actor has always been one of the fundamental goals of his life.
24. My father is a true idealist and it is about learning. If I had ordered a few nikes growing up, it was just a resounding ‘no’. But if I asked for a saxophone, we would introduce ourselves and the next day I would sign up for lessons. So anything that has to do with education or learning, my dad wouldn’t skimp on spending.
Raising a child can be a great tool to lead him into the future, a fact that the father of this famous actor has always had in mind.
25. My friends say, “Dude, you’re gonna have kids sleeping on pillow cases!” You will be using toothbrushes, magnets, and other things. I guess now that I’m a dad I’m excited about it.
Fatherhood has always been a condition that moved and excited him, a great experience that each person experiences with a completely different intensity.
26. I now know people with colored “Wolverine” tattoos on their backs. Thank goodness I did well because I think if I didn’t they would spit on me in the street.
His star character ‘Wolverine’ has been a big boost to his career, thanks to him his image is known around the world.
27. All “X-Men” props have been on display. My wife couldn’t resist telling this 5 year old that I was “Wolverine”. The boy looked at me and said; he looks at me.
The image he projects on his “Wolverine” alter ego is truly powerful, every child would feel very intimidated next to one of the real “X-Men”.
28. We believe that there are so many children who need to be adopted. We thought we would after we got a few, but we just changed our mind.
Adoption may be a good option for parents who can’t have children, Jackman and his partner considered the idea, but later felt that maybe it wasn’t really for them.
29. When playing an icon like “Wolverine” sometimes it’s better to be someone that no one knows because you don’t know what to expect. I don’t care about anonymity at all; Help in the metro.
This actor is one of the most recognizable in the world, a fame that can get really stressful at times.
30. To this day, I am the least materialistic person I know, because my father did not raise me to go out and buy this or that car. “The only reason I wanted to make money as an actor was because I’m passionate about food!
The taste of food has always been present in the life of this actor, a taste that he certainly shares with most of his admirers.
31. By the way, my kids aren’t very interested in my film career. My son, in particular, never talks about it. He just wants me like his father.
For her family, her role as father and husband is far more important than any other role she plays. When you get home, gambling is always something that is usually left behind and third.
32. The activity of being a husband, a father, these are also roles, but below is the spiritual center that connects us all, and this is the most important thing.
The bond a parent feels with their children can never be ignored. No matter how much time passes or how far away they are, every father will always feel the overwhelming need to protect them.
33. You should eat before training. Otherwise, this really intense workout, after about 40 minutes, starts to score.
Eating before training will help us get more intense workouts and with it we will more easily improve our fitness.
34. What I still use is an English school mix, which is traditionally from the outside in, and the most American way of doing things is from the inside out.
The way he expresses himself is different from other actors, his Australian origins lead him to practice a very different intonation, to that of his American or English peers.
35. If you ask my wife, the biggest fault is my inability at home. She says the only thing that helps me is that I’m close. And I have a terrible memory. I’m bad at saying no. There are many things.
Jackman is after all a man like any other, with his faults and virtues. Whether we are actors or scavengers, we are all somewhat imperfect human beings at the end of the day.
36. It seems to me that children’s actors are a great reminder of how simple it is to play. As you get older it can sometimes get a little more complicated. You may become too aware of “Ok, this is the scene emotionally. This is where we need to be. We reach the climax. You may start to analyze it too much.
For an interpretation to be as correct as possible, thinking too much about what we are doing can be counterproductive. Good actors act in a way that makes their performance the most natural.
37. As an actor, you have many tools: your body, your voice, your emotions, mentally. In the cinema, you have eyes so that they communicate your thinking. In fact, usually in the movies, what you don’t say is more important than what you say. This is not so much the case for the scene.
In cinema, non-verbal communication is very important, in the foreground an actor can say both with his eyes and with his words.
38. The secret of modern life is to find a measure in time management. I have two kids, my career and I travel, and I don’t think my life is any different from most couples. The most valuable commodity today for many people is time and how to distribute it.
Time is the most precious resource we have, because once we use it, we can never get it back.
39. “Over the past 10 years I’ve had to do a lot of paperwork and I’m naturally thin, so I’ve eaten and killed so many chickens! I wouldn’t even want to explain. I need to balance this.
Protein intake is a very important thing when a person trains for as many hours as him, so that the muscles of the “wolverine” eat a lot of chicken, can be a good way to achieve this.
40. I’m doing “Les Misérables”, the film. I’ve done a lot of musicals and a lot of movies, and I know there aren’t a lot of people in Hollywood who have come in those two ways, so I said, “Come on let’s make a movie. A musical.
A very interesting film which was very well appreciated by the critics, the setting is certainly exceptional.
41. I am a fairly independent person, and I had to be. When I was little and grew into a young man, I had to take care of myself. And now I am very family oriented. It’s a big priority in my life.
Life is a succession of stages that all human beings go through, with each of them we will discover new facets of ourselves, which we probably did not know until then.
42. I was brought up in such a way that when you are at a dinner party you only have a potato if it is offered to everyone. These are the ways of being brought up by English parents.
The English are a people who have very rules of behavior. specific. Something that definitely sets them apart from the rest of the world.
43. As soon as your child is born, you realize that no one knows anything. Nobody goes to class. You only have one child. You can read all the books you want, but unfortunately none of our kids have read the books, so they don’t care. You invent it as you go.
No one really knows how a parent should act, because as men the only thing we can do is try to convey the values that we believe are most important to our children.
44. One of the things I would love to do someday is a Shakespeare with Trevor Nunn. I’ve done musicals with him, but never with Shakespeare. There is no one better.
Shakespeare was arguably one of the best writers of all time, his plays are still read by millions of readers around the world today.
45. For me, this is one of the great indulgences of life: a dress in hand and a great pair of shoes in hand.
Handmade clothes are very different from the way machine cut dresses sit, a good tailor can manage to make our figure much more stylish.
46. I love the Rolling Stones for karaoke. “Sympathy For The Devil” is awesome.
a big group that I’m sure Jackman has enjoyed a lot over the years, as we can certainly tell, the Rolling Stones are one of the best rock and roll bands of all time.
47. The first show I did, singing and dancing, was “Beauty and the Beast”. He played Gaston. Gaston has red socks, knee high boots and is very physical. I had headaches every day for two months.
Gaston is a character who given his physique may suit him very well, although his lyrics may not be interesting enough for an actor of his stature.
48. I have always been very nervous about the word “dancer” on my name band because anyone who really specializes in dancing will say, “This guy is very cranky”.
Dancing is an activity that requires very specific physical conditions, conditions that Jackman certainly achieved during his days as a professional dancer.
49. If I go to a party, I don’t feel like I’m in the center. But I often find myself in this position. Even when I was younger in school, I was asked to give a speech. I don’t remember raising my hand so many times, but I was there.
The vast majority of great actors were much loved people during their youth, which no doubt led them in their maturity to desire the affection of audiences intensely.
50. One afternoon, when I was 9 years old, my father told me that I would go to school the next day. We then drove 12 hours from Melbourne to Sydney for the Centennial Test, a once in a lifetime memorial cricket match. It was a lot of fun, especially for a kid who was a huge sports fan.
Sport has always been very important in his life, it is perhaps at the time what united him most to his admired father.
51. I once sang ‘Summer Nights’ from ‘Grease’ at a bar in Melbourne with John Travolta, who is a good friend of mine. He looked awesome singing the part of Danny, sitting in an armchair, smoking a cigar, while I got stuck playing Sandy.
A scene that would certainly deserve to be seen, two real performance giants reunited on the same stage.
52. I became addicted to espresso when I visited Italy when I was 18, but these days I prefer a “flat white”. It’s like a little latte with less milk – they’re popular in Australia.
Coffee can be a great support, helping us to overcome these days of great physical and mental intensity. Western society today would not be possible without the great contribution coffee has made throughout history.
53. Your wife is always right. Very simple. I think I’ll tattoo it on my forehead.
As a couple, discussions are quite normal, but if you really want this person, you will always be able to minimize these unpleasant moments.
54. My parents were drawn to the idea that there was space and opportunity in Australia. For the measly £ 10 you could take your whole family to Australia, so that’s what my dad decided to do.
Australia was a new world of possibilities that opened up to the family of this great actor, for over two centuries millions of immigrants have found their home on this continent.
55. My parents are English and came to Australia in 1967. I was born the following year. My parents, and immigrants like them, were known as ‘£ 10 buttons’. At that time, the Australian government was trying to educate the British and Canadians to be honest and educated whites, so that they would come and live in Australia.
This country has made it possible for many immigrants to find a better life, which their descendants will always keep in mind.
56. I am fortunate to have worked in theater all over the world, but there is something magical about Broadway. The public is intelligent, it is polite. They come ready and are ready for it, they are ready for the party. It’s a completely different atmosphere.
Broadway is perhaps the most hotspot of international theater, all the great actors and actresses dream of being able to perform on their magnificent stages.
57. I never wanted to spend more than five years off stage. Not necessarily musical, but just doing a play or something.
The theater has always been a very important thing for him, the stages are a totally indispensable part of his life.
58. It’s always interesting: how to transmit this thought through the song? We are used to the convention on stage. In the movies we were used to it, and now it sometimes works and sometimes it doesn’t. You have to be fresh and really look at the material.
Musicals require actors to perform a series of attitudes and qualities, which are not normally needed in conventional cinema or theater.
59. When it comes to theater, there is no more united theater community than in New York. It is really a pleasure to go there. I mean, don’t forget, I’m a guy from the Sydney suburbs, so getting to New York is a huge pleasure.
New York is a city that everyone who visits it loves, you could say that today is perhaps the most important city in our civilization.
60. I’m doing a new musical on Broadway, which premieres in October and called “The Boy from Oz,” where he played Peter Allen. For those of you who don’t know, she rose to fame in the United States for marrying Liza Minelli.
As we can see, musicals are highly regarded by him, a style of performance that certainly needs great professionalism from all his performers.
61. I actually graduated from college as a journalist.
A diploma which will certainly not be necessary in his professional life, we can be sure that his acting career will only go further over the years.
62. When should we let go and do what we want to do, and when should we abide by the rules? Coming to an agreement with our true nature and who we really are has always been a fascination for humans. I know that fascinates me.
We all need to live our lives by our own rules, while respecting the rights and freedoms of everyone around us.
63. My favorite play in theater school was “The Bacchae”. It’s a king who is literally eaten alive by all the women in the room in some sort of orgy, is related to the word “bacchanal”, and I loved the idea of animal chaos and following our own wishes.
The human being as we all know can get really twisted and depraved, certainly a very peculiar concept that has been represented by many works of all time.
64. One of the hardest things to do is get movies like “X-Men” to work in the commerce, while having a little class. I want to be seen as being able to cross many genres and still be “just dinkum” as they say in Australia, which means authentic and true and, well, unique.
Like all his colleagues, this great actor has always wanted to be faithful to his style and his personality. The roles that do not correspond to his particular way of playing will unfortunately not be the most suitable for him.
65. The scariest thing I had was the first time I sang in a rugby match, Australia v New Zealand, in front of a hundred thousand people. I had a panic attack the day before because people were yelled at and never played again … I was just singing a song, the national anthem.
Singing in front of thousands of people must certainly be a terribly intimidating experience, a situation that Hugh Jackman has certainly managed to overcome with great success.
66. Breakfast is my specialty. Granted, it’s the easiest food to cook, but I do it all with a different twist, like lemon ricotta pancakes or baked bacon instead of fries.
Our day will surely be much better if we have a good breakfast before leaving the house, a habit which, as we see, this actor is deeply rooted in his daily life.
67. Australians are coffee snobs. An influx of Italian immigrants after WWII meant that we probably had the word “capuchin” about 20 years before America. Coffee culture is really great for Australians. We like to work hard, but we take our free time seriously.
Taking a coffee break is something that is done in all parts of the world, no matter what continent we are in.
68. I am a crazy sports fan. You can’t say a bad word to me about sports.
Sport, as we see, has always been a fundamental part of his life, a great pastime that he will undoubtedly continue to practice until his old age.
69. My father was a champion boxer in the army … in the British army. And then he loved boxing and talked about it like a sport. But then when my brother and I bumped into each other, he always tried to tone down. But I’m a boxing fan.
Boxing is a really fantastic sport, thanks to it we can strengthen all parts of our body.
70. I have a lot of older siblings, and when they started leaving home, I went from cooking once a week to two, three times, etc. After a while it was like making the bed.
Surely this actor can cook delicious meals for his wife and children, it is not in vain that he has done half of his life.