When we talk about Jack nicholson (New Jersey, 1937) Probably the first image that comes to mind is of their character as Jack Terrance in The Glow, 1980 film.
He’s one of the most famous faces in Hollywood. Nicholson began his acting career in the 1950s, playing small roles. After this stage with lights and shadows, he began to gain popularity, to the point of devoting himself, in the 70s, to papers in the last assignment (1973) and Chinatown (1974), which were worth his first Oscar nominations.
“60 phrases from films that marked the history of cinema”
“The 25 best quotes from Robert De Niro”
“Brad Pitt’s 70 Most Famous Quotes”
Best quotes and thoughts from Jack Nicholson
However, in his career he has up to twelve Oscar nominations which is a current record and hardly anyone will be able to match in the future. His most famous films are The Glow, directed by Stanley Kubrick, Best … impossible (1997), Someone flies over the cuckoo’s nest (1975) or Batman (1989), in which he plays the “ evil Joker ”.
To review the life, thoughts and characters of this magnificent actor, we sought to collect the best quotes from Jack Nicholson.
1. How beautiful all that matters, my friend. It’s all that matters.
A cynical phrase about the power of superficiality.
2. It’s a little bit of a imagination, but most people are alike in many ways, so I’ve never had a problem identifying with the character I’m playing.
About his talents as an interpreter, based on this interesting detail about his subconscious.
3. Frankly, I got into movies because I really like movies.
Nothing like working on what excites you, like the good Jack.
4. We are going as fast as possible, as fast as possible. We are in a race against time, until we run out of money.
Human beings place too much importance on money and very little on the time we have in life, which is much more limited.
5. A star in a movie is like a time bomb. This bomb must be extinguished so that people can approach without fear.
About Hollywood celebrities and their tough treatment.
6. There have been times in my life when I have felt strangely irresistible to women. I am not in this state at the moment and it makes me sad.
On the inevitable physical degradation of old age.
7. I don’t want people to know what I really am.
Jack Nicholson has always been very careful in his personal life.
8. Beer is the best drink in the world.
His weakness, but always in moderation.
9. I don’t care about wrinkles, neither in myself nor in women. I find them interesting.
A sentence from Nicholson where it denotes a certain dignity towards the aging process.
10. One of the hardest parts of aging is losing your friends.
In this case, he tells us about the inevitable losses during the last period of life.
11. I hate giving advice because people usually don’t follow it.
No one likes to talk to the walls.
12. I had everything a man could ask for, but I don’t know if anyone could say that I am successful with things of the heart.
Although he was a famous and very wealthy man, his romantic affairs did not go well for him.
13. For a long time, I was afraid of being alone. I had to learn to be. There is great luxury in solitude.
Excellent sentence on loneliness and its most inexplicable honeys.
14. I don’t care about money.
While this should be easier to pronounce when you’re a billionaire, the truth is, Nicholson has always been a pretty austere person.
15. My motto is “better times”.
A vital principle that points to optimism.
16. Once you leave school, only what you do for yourself will bring quality to your life.
A great famous quote where he tells us how success is based on daily, personal and non-transferable effort.
17. A man forges his destiny, no one gives you anything, you have to take it.
Pronounced by his character Jack Costello in Infiltrados, it is a beautiful phrase to succeed in life, in any field.
18. I spoke to Fidel Castro about everything, about life, about culture. Fidel is a genius, a humanist, and I think he never wanted to break with us. Cubans are very open and have no hostility against the American people.
About the Cuban leader, with whom he had a great friendship.
19. So am I crazy? Perfect, it’s the only one I don’t take pills for!
Ironic phrase from the movie At least you expect it.
20. I don’t want to be conditioned by my environment, I want my environment to be conditioned by me.
Another great quote from Jack Costello on power and influence.
21. The work of some artists speaks of his generation. One of the greatest voices of freedom in North America can only be one name: the transcendent Bob Dylan.
A compliment to another artist fundamental to understanding the life and history of the United States.