James dean (1931 – 1955) was an all-terrain actor. Born in Indiana, his meteoric career has had prominent appearances in film, television and theater, although popular culture is remembered mostly for Dean for his roles as “bad boy”, an eternal teenager with no future. and a bad life.
Most famous for his role in Rebel Without a Cause (1955), James Dean died the same year following an unfortunate car accident. As a result, the legend of James Dean became a true pop culture idol.
“60 phrases from films that marked the history of cinema”
“The 31 best quotes from Steven Spielberg”
“The 25 best quotes from Robert De Niro”
Famous quotes from James Dean
1. My purpose in life does not include the desire to enchant society.
Although he is often linked with certain narcissistic traits, James Dean had no intention of being a popular person.
2. Only the Gentile is always really strong.
Not losing good manners always gives us added value and more moral strength.
3. Death cannot be contemplated, for if you are afraid of dying, there is no room in your life to make discoveries.
Risk invites death, but this is where the magic of life lies.
4. Dream like you are going to live forever. Live as if you are going to die today.
Perhaps the most famous quote from James Dean. A real ode to carpe diem.
5. I’m not going to live life with an arm tied around my back.
Of his desire to live on the limit.
6. There is no way to be really big in this world.
Humility has guided James Dean throughout his short but passionate life.
7. The reward comes from action, not results.
The state of flux rewards us, the salary only rewards us.
8. I don’t even pretend to be “the best”. I want to fly so high that no one can reach me. Not to prove anything, I just want to get to where you need to go when you surrender all of your life and all that you are to one thing.
Entirely dedicated to his acting career. A cinema lover.
9. The best thing about being single is that you can go to bed on whatever side you want.
A funny phrase in which he tells us about the goodness of emotional freedom.
10. I cannot change the wind direction, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
Overcoming adversity is the basis of a happy life.
11. I believe that there is only one way to greatness for man. It’s when a man can bridge the gap between life and death. I mean, if he can live after he dies, then maybe he was a great man. For me, the only success, the only greatness, is immortality.
Obviously, his figure and his heritage make this famous Dean quote quite a premonition.
12. People told me that I was behaving like Brando before they even knew who Brando was. The comparison doesn’t bother me, but it doesn’t flatter me either.
On eternal comparisons with another famous actor: Marlon Brando.
13. I liked to go out and scare the cows with the bike. They were running, their breasts swaying and losing a liter of milk.
An anecdote that portrays his jovial and carefree spirit.
14. No one has ever done anything for me. I don’t owe anyone anything.
Showing his dignity.
15. Don’t act. If you smoke a cigar, smoke it, don’t act like you smoke it.
A beautiful sentence to know how to interpret naturally, without forcing or exaggerating.
16. Everything I wear inside that makes me who I am is like a movie. Movies only work in the dark, if everything works and you let the light in, you kill them.
A good dose of darkness makes life epic.
17. An actor must learn everything there is to know, experience or come as close as possible to this state.
About interpretive art, in one of these absolutely unforgettable quotes from James Dean.
18. It was a friendly and straightforward thing. Respect is untouchable: we belong to totally different castes. It is of these girls that we put on an altar to worship them. But hey, his old lady (his mother) doesn’t like anything. It is not his fault either.
About her relationship with an actress named Pier Angeli.
19. I try with all my might to get people to reject me, why?
About his self-destructive mind.
20. You must live fast, death is coming soon.
A sad self-fulfilling prophecy.
21. When you know that a character can give a little more and you don’t really know what it is, you have to look for it; walk a tightrope.
His ability to take his characters to the extreme catapulted him to fame.
22. The only greatness for man is immortality.
And that is never realized. We are small; insignificant.
23. Being a doctor is not easy. Being a man is even more difficult.
The difficulty of being a normal man.
24. For me, acting is the most logical way to manifest people’s neurosis.
Cinema has the capacity to awaken our darker side.
25. Being an actor is the loneliest thing in the world. You are really fair with your focus and your imagination and that’s all you got.
The loneliness of the performer.
26. I am also close to nature and am now able to appreciate the beauty that this world is endowed with.
His reverence for nature clashed with his image of the tough guy of the big cities of the United States.
27. In my opinion, an actor’s course is set even before he comes out of the cradle.
The actor’s fate is written in his genes, according to this beautiful quote from James Dean