Entrepreneur, writer and motivational speaker, Jim Rohn was a successful entrepreneur who supported the careers of other entrepreneurs or business people to chart their way in the financial world. He also delivered motivational talks that inspired new minds to take risks and be innovative.
To delve deeper into his way of thinking, here we go a review of Jim Rohn’s best phrases.
Jim Rohn’s most memorable phrases
Next we will see a compilation with the best phrases of Jim Rohn, the so-called business philosopher.
1. I used to say, I hope things change. Then I learned that the only way things change is when I change myself.
Things get better as we change.
2. The unread book is the one that cannot help you.
The best knowledge is in books.
3. Human beings have the extraordinary ability to turn anything into something, they can turn weeds into gardens and pennies into fortunes.
We all have the ability to change.
4. Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it’s something you design for the present.
Happiness should not be a search, but a daily experience.
5. Success is neither magical nor mysterious.
It is the result of an optimal growth routine.
6. Surround yourself with people who have something valuable to share with you. Their impact will continue to have a significant effect on your life after they are gone.
The importance of surrounding yourself with positive people.
7. The greatest value in life is not what you get. The greatest value in life is what you become.
There’s no point in having everything if you’re empty inside.
8. You must take personal responsibility.
Madie can support your actions.
9. Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.
Great things are achieved with daily consistency.
10. Ideas can change lives.
A simple idea can become your way of life.
11. Asking is the beginning of receiving.
Don’t be afraid to ask for what you need.
12. Learn to be happy with what you have while pursuing what you want.
If you weren’t grateful for what you have, you wouldn’t know how to appreciate the things that are bequeathed to you.
13. Either you rule the day or the day rules you.
If you don’t have a plan, life will pass you by.
14. Learning is the beginning of health. Learning is the beginning of spirituality.
Learning new things keeps you alive.
15. When you know what you want and want it enough, you’ll find a way to get it.
If you know what you want to do, you will work to achieve it.
16. Learning is the beginning of wealth.
You can’t be awesome if you don’t study how to start being awesome.
17. The more you know, the less you need to say.
Clear things do not need great explanations.
18. The walls we build to keep sadness away also keep joy out.
You can’t close yourself off to something and expect everything else to be normal.
19. The difference between where you are today and where you will be five years later is the quality of the books you read.
Encouraging us to never stop reading.
20. Failure is not a cataclysmic, individual event. You don’t fail overnight.
Failure occurs when something does not start well.
21. Work harder on yourself than on your job.
When we improve our interior, the challenges become exciting.
22. If you’re going to work on your goals, your goals will work for you. If you are going to work on your plan, your plan will work for you.
It is a two-way road that cannot be separated from each other.
23. What he does to you will always be much more valuable than what you get.
Remember that things lose their value when you lose your value as a person.
24. Time is more valuable than money. You can get more money, but you can’t get more time.
The tooth can recover over time.
25. Our feelings must be educated like our intellect.
Learning to control our emotions leads us to better face difficulties.
26. The worst thing you can do is not try.
When you try, mistakes become lessons, but if you don’t, they become regrets.
27. Learn to say no. Don’t let your mouth overload your back.
Take the things you know you can carry, don’t hurt yourself.
28. Economic disaster begins with a philosophy of doing little and wanting a lot.
The only way to get it is to work for it.
29. Effective communication is 20% what you know and 80% how you feel about what you know.
Personal safety is reflected in our actions.
30. You cannot progress without making decisions.
Decisions move us forward.
31. Days are expensive. When you pass one, you have one less day to spend.
So don’t waste any of your days.
32. The challenge of leadership is to be strong, but not rude; soft, but not weak; bold, but not intimidating; considerate, but not lazy; humble, but not shy; proud, but not arrogant; and to have a sense of humor, but without nonsense.
Being a good leader is not an easy task.
33. The only thing worse than not having read a book in the last ninety days is not having read a book in the last ninety days and thinking that it has no importance.
Believing that books do nothing is the worst mistake.
34. The worst days of those who love what they do are better than the best days of those who don’t.
A day is never a bad day at all if we do what we love.
35. Acquiring discipline will provide you with the key to your dreams and aspirations.
Not only do you need trust or resources, but you need to be consistent.
36. One of the keys to influencing others is to make them see that you are a person of talent and virtue.
Become the example you want to follow.
37. You can’t read too many books when you can read very few.
Knowledge is never too much.
38. Success is something you attract, not something you pursue.
Success is achieved with your work.
39. The main key to your better future is you.
No one can help you improve more than yourself.
40. Maturity is the ability to accept without apology and not complain when things don’t go well.
Accept what he bequeaths to you and face the difficulties.
41. If you want to be successful, study success. If you want to be happy, study happiness.
Everyone has a different purpose to pursue in life.
42. Generally, we change for one of two reasons: inspiration or despair.
Both can lead us to a positive outcome
43. Excuses are the nails used to build houses of failure.
An excuse is an easy way out.
44. There is no better opportunity to receive than to be grateful for what you already have.
Being grateful leads us to achieve better things in the future.
45. Your life and business are like the seasons of the year. You can’t change the seasons, but you can prepare for them.
An interesting reflection on the world of business.
46. For every disciplined effort there is a manifold reward.
Everything we do has a reward or a consequence.
47. Value is what makes the difference in results at the same time.
It is better to do something good than to do something fast.
48. Instead of running after money, work on yourself, on your personal development and you will get it.
If you don’t grow personally, your environment never will.
49. Unless you change what you already were, you will always have what you already have.
You attract what you think you deserve.
50. To lead others is to help them change their thoughts, beliefs and actions to be better.
It’s not about turning them into something else, but about finding their best version of themselves.
51. Failure is rarely the result of an isolated event. On the contrary, it is the consequence of a long list of small failures accumulated over time.
The true origin del porque we fail.
52. Success is the natural consequence of the firm application of basic principles.
Success is the result of your efforts.
53. The main reason for setting goals is to inspire yourself to become the person you need to be to achieve them.
You have to be extraordinary to maintain success.
54. The main reason for setting a goal is because of what you need to do to achieve it.
It’s not just about conquering a goal, it’s about what you become when you achieve it.
55. You need to be sure you are using your time wisely.
Time is something you cannot recover.
56. If you want to be a leader who attracts quality people, the key is to become a quality person.
You can’t demand what you don’t give.
57. Your personal philosophy is the most determining factor in the functioning of your life.
How you see the world determines how you act in it.
58. You weren’t paid on time. You get paid for the value you deliver on time.
Your value lies in your abilities.
59. You must modify your dreams or magnify your skills.
Your dreams must be linked to reality.
60. Be aware of what you want and don’t try, spend years in silent pain wondering if something could have materialized.
The regret of having been able to do something is the greatest weight one can carry.
61. It is important to know how we feel, how we react and how to let life in to experience it.
If we don’t close everything, we won’t learn what is necessary in life.
62. Your life doesn’t get better by chance, it gets better through change.
Things improve when you focus on what’s important to you.
63. You don’t want it to be easier, you want to be better.
Simple things do not bring good results.
64. Everything we build good ends up building us.
We are not just who we are, but what we do in the world.
65. Failure is a few errors in judgement, repeated daily.
We fail when we don’t learn from our mistakes.
66. You must set yourself a goal big enough that by achieving it, you will become someone worthwhile.
Your goals help build you.
67. It is the placement of the sails, not the direction of the wind, that determines the path we are on.
You can’t fight circumstances, but you can face them.
68. If you don’t design your own life plan, you will probably fall into someone else’s plan.
Only you can take the reins of your life.
69. It is in research and learning that the miraculous process begins.
This is the first step to get where we dream of being.
70. If you don’t like the way things are, change them. You were not a tree.
Blaming the outside is an excuse not to change.
71. Success is doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.
It’s loving doing something common and turning it into a miracle.
72. If you’re not willing to risk the unusual, you’ll have to get used to the ordinary.
The different things are the ones that carry us away.
73. Formal education will give you a life; self-education will make you a fortune.
Let’s learn the basics at school, it’s up to us to find the knowledge we need to progress.
74. You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.
Both the good and the poor.
75. Sometimes the only thing that opens the door is a good idea.
Thousands of ideas exist, but few can have a good future.
76. Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.
Our body is a temple that must be sacred.
77. We all have to suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of repentance.
It depends on the decision you make.
78. You cannot change circumstances, seasons or the wind, but you can change yourself. It’s something you have to take care of.
You are solely responsible for how you perceive the world around you.
79. Discipline is the bridge between goals and achievements.
If there is no discipline, there is no way forward.
80. To get more of what you have, you have to be more of what you were.
Successful people don’t arrive without first making changes in themselves.