Kurt Cobain (1967-1994) was a musician and singer who will go down in history for belonging to the group Nirvana, one of the legendary groups and the greatest representative of the musical genre called Grunge, which emerged in the United States in the early years 90.
Cobain, like many other music icons, tragically passed away in 1994, after committing suicide after years of battling depression and despair.
- “72 phrases about music for music lovers like you”
- “60 particularly inspiring quotes from John Lennon”
- “Rapper Kase.O’s 70 Best Quotes”
Quotes from Kurt Cobain, leader of Nirvana
Since, the myth Kurt Cobain was crowned as one of the great geniuses of music, And to this day, he still has fans all over the world.
Throughout his life he uttered many famous phrases. In this article, we have compiled some of them. They are as follows.
1. The stars are there, just look at them
Sometimes we don’t realize what’s in front of us until we lose it.
2. Before they die, many will die with me and they deserve it. See you in hell
The singer has always had death in mind.
3. The duty of young people is to fight corruption
The struggle against the system is the task of the youngest.
4. All of my lyrics have been pieces of poetry and the pieces of poetry are taken from poems that usually don’t make sense at first.
The lyrics of the songs have a deep meaning for the author.
5. If my smile showed the bottom of my soul, many people seeing the smile would cry with me
A very deep quote like all the words of Kurt Cobain.
6. I admire people who live well, who look at the world with recklessness. Unlike them, I suffer more from the bill
Cobain still carried his pain inside.
7. Music first, lyrics are secondary
When you hear the music, the lyrics come out on their own.
8. Birds cry every morning from the top of their lungs in horrified hellish rage to warn us of the whole truth, but sadly we can’t talk to the birds
A quote from the author that invites in-depth reflection.
9. Drugs destroy your memory and your own respect. They ain’t good, but I don’t plan on preaching against them now
Cobain, like many musicians, immersed himself in the world of drugs.
10. Thanks for the tragedy. I need it for my art
Bad times inspire many singers.
11. Better to burn than to slowly go out
It is better to live fully than to be dead alive.
12. If you die, you are completely happy and your soul lives somewhere. I am not afraid of dying. Total peace after death, becoming someone else is the best hope I have
Cobain believed that after death he would go to heaven.
13. I’m a happier person than a lot of people think
A statement that does not contrast with the true story of this musician,
14. Practice makes the teacher, but no one is perfect, so why practice?
A curious but significant reflection.
15. Under the influence of drugs you don’t care, you just want to isolate yourself from the world and achieve inner peace that is not realized in a normal state.
Drugs make you feel like you’re in a fantasy world, far from pure reality.
16. The true friend is the one who knows everything about you and remains your friend.
True friends are those who stay by your side despite the bad times.
17. They laugh at me because I am different; I make fun of them because they are all the same
Cobain always had a special magic that captivated the world.
18. My soul can be seen through my eyes
The singer claiming he was a pure man.
19. I don’t know where I’m going, I don’t know, I just know I can’t be here
Sometimes it feels like we are not on the right track.
20. I think youth only lasts until the age of 27; from that moment, with the young people, life goes too
The singer thought he was not forever young.
21. The sun is gone, but I have a light
Cobain was still hit by a magic wand.
22. I would rather be hated for what I am, than love for what I am not
Again, a quote in which he declares that he was a genuine person.
23. Life is not as sacred as the esteem of passion
Passion can help us stay in a state of fluidity.
24. If you ever need anything, don’t hesitate to ask someone first.
A meeting that has a certain touch of irony but a lot of meaning.
25. I’m afraid of dying now because I don’t want to leave my wife or my daughter
Death was nearer than Cobain thought when he said that sentence.
26. Drugs are a waste of time. They destroy your memory and yours and everything that goes with your self-esteem. They are good for nothing
It’s no secret that drugs are bad.
27. Wanting to be another person is a loss of who you are
When you are comfortable with yourself, you are happier. Being an impostor is a symptom of weakness.
28. Rape is one of the worst crimes in the world. And it happens every few minutes.
Cobain talks about one of the worst things a human being can do.
29. I’m not gay, but I would like to be gay, just to anger homophobes
A critique of people with prejudices, especially of homophobes.
30. There are a lot of things I wish I could have done, instead of sitting down and complaining about having a boring life
We can regret what I did not do, not what I did.
31. I like to see prejudices in front of people with prejudices
Again, a quote that talks about people with prejudices, which were not the singer’s sympathy.
32. We’re so fashionable that we can’t even escape
When Nirvana rose to fame, they became one of the most important groups in the music scene.
33. If I go to jail, at least I shouldn’t sign autographs
Fame is something that many artists strive for, but it can be exhausting.
34. If you are really a bad person, you will come back like a fly and eat shit
Karma ends up tracking down those people who misbehave around others.
35. I was tired of seeing that I was someone just to get along with people, just to have friendships
When we meet, that’s where we can really be happy.
36. I am the worst at what I do best
A quote that denotes modesty, but Cobain is considered the King of Grunge.
37. I’d rather be the worst of the best than the best of the worst
When we do things right, we place ourselves where we would like to be. However, there is always competition.
38. It is impossible to be subversive in the business world. And crucified. You can’t get away with it. We tried it and we almost ended up in shambles for it
Commercial music pushes many artists to limit their talent.
39. I like to be passionate and sincere, but I also like to have fun and act like an idiot.
A definition of Cobain’s personality, said by himself.
40. Not so green
In reference to the fact that he didn’t like to eat vegetables.
41. I am an overly versatile person, prone to mood swings and without passion
Emotional stability was not precisely one of the artist’s personality traits.
42. Sometimes no matter how hard you turn on the music, you don’t can you feel
There are people who spend a lot of time thinking and not appreciating the present.
43. I am so happy because today I found my friends – they are in my head
Nirvana’s genius was still in touch with himself and his feelings.
44. We do not have the right to express an opinion until we know all the answers
We can’t talk until we know all the data.
45. I need to feel a little drugged again to feel the enthusiasm I felt as a child
Cobain has always had a serious drug problem.
46. Crec that I can, I know that I can
A motivating phrase that surely served the singer of nirvana.
47. I want to be admired as John Lennon, but remain anonymous as Ringo Starr
In reference to the Beatles musicians and their personality.
48. My life is a concentrated unease, knowing us all by family crisis, violence, lack of work and total absence of God
Cobain did not have an easy childhood, which marked him for the rest of his life.
49. Wanting to be someone else is a big mistake
Low self-esteem is often caused by not connecting with yourself
50. We always try to consume something new with each song and we have always been drawn to the idea that each song will sound like it was composed by a different band.
Nirvana’s growth has a lot to do with her motivation for music.
51. I would like to get rid of homophobes, sexists and racists from our audience. I know they’re there and that’s what really bothers me
Prejudiced people have never been to Kurt Cobain’s liking.
52. The stars are there when you want to see them
When we don’t pay attention to things, we lose a great deal of our lives.
53. I use pieces from other personalities to form my own
People have role models who are often a part of who we are.
54. In the singularity is the interesting
When one person is not a copy of another, it arouses curiosity.
55. Fame makes you shine
When you are famous it is easier than winning over other people.
56. Music is all about freedom, to play whatever you want and how you want, as long as it’s good and you have passion. May music be the food of love
When the music is not commercial, it is the expression of his thoughts and his emotions.
57. I don’t care what you think unless it’s me
A play on words with irony that people are talking about you.
58. Happiness cannot be bought
Happiness is born in oneself. When we find ourselves and are well with our person, it is easier for us to find well-being.
59. Life fucks us all
Life has good times and bad times. It is the law of life.
60. A friend is more than a known enemy
Another date that has a touch of humor. Talk about friendship.
61. Peace, love, empathy
One of the great qualities that everyone can have and which helps to relate better to others.
63. My memory exists, my memory will live forever and my music in glory will be salvation from the cursed hell where we live
Kurt Cobain was one of the musical icons of the late 80s and 90s. His music is history.
64. My songs have always contained frustrating themes, relationships that I have had in my life.
Music is a way for artists to express their suffering.
65. I never wanted to sing. I just wanted to play rhythm guitar – hide behind and play
The talent of this artist led him to become the leader of the group Nirvana.
66. We have never been too concerned with professionalism because we have always valued energy more
Music reaches people when there is passion behind it.
67. My heart is broken, but I have glue, help me breathe and mend it
A hard reflection, but which is said with humor.
68. If the media broadcast more good music, people would taste better.
Music often travels for money, losing its true essence.
69. I want to make a living from this, I don’t want to work on anything else. All my life I dreamed of being a great rock star and abusing it as much as I could
People who dedicate themselves to the world of music are lucky.
70. I am a lifeless man who loves music
Cobain had psychological problems but was still touched by the music.
71. When I was little, I dreamed of being what I do now, and now that I have achieved my dream, I realize that it is not as easy or as fantastic as I thought it was.
The beautiful thing is to fight for dreams. But when they are achieved, you have to have new dreams to be happy.
72. Being number one in the leaderboard equals being number sixteenth, but there are more people kissing your ass
People, when they know you are “top”, change their behavior towards you.
73. I miss the comfort of being sad
Cobain had everything, but he wasn’t happy.
74. There is nothing wrong with eating fish because they have no feelings
A touch of humor in one of his deep sentences.
75. Sometimes I feel like people want me to die so classic rock history can come true.
Like many musical icons. Kurt Cobain had a tragic death.