In this collection of sentences by Louis Pasteur we will see fragments of the thought of this recognized scientist. Thoughts on knowledge, the universe, psychology and many other interesting fields.
Who was Louis Pasteur?
Louis Pasteur was a French chemist, Best known for being the father of microbiology and the greatest exponent of modern medicine. The latter fact is due to his contributions of this scientist to the theory of the microbial origin of infectious diseases, which explains that the cause of these diseases is the penetration of environmental pathogens into the healthy body.
In addition, to him too he receives the merit of pasteurization, The thermal process that milk undergoes to reduce the bacteria it contains.
Phrases of Louis Pasteur
Throughout his life, this famous historical figure spoke and wrote many well-known phrases. In this article, we review them:
1. I want to share with you the secret that has led me to achieve all my goals: my strength lies only in my tenacity
Tenacity is, for many people, one of the most valued qualities when it comes to success.
2. A little science turns away from God, but a lot of science comes back to him
An apparent paradox taken up in a sentence about the divine and its relation to science.
3. Wonder is the first step towards discovery
According to Pasteur, admiration is the beginning of discovery.
4. Science does not know the land, for knowledge belongs to mankind, and it is the torch that lights up the world
One of the different sentences of Louis Pasteur in which the following idea is underlined: scientific knowledge must be objective and therefore sincere.
5. The universe is asymmetric and I am convinced that life is the direct result of the asymmetry of the universe, or of its indirect consequences.
A sentence pronounced by Louis Pasteur which invites reflection.
6. Applied sciences do not exist, only the applications of science
A reflection on what defines the concept of science.
7. In the field of research, chance favors only prepared minds
In research, the probability of error and the influence of variables that are not worth measuring should be minimized.
8. If I don’t know something, I will investigate
We cannot know everything. Research helps us find out.
9. Real friends should get angry every now and then.
It is impossible that there are no conflicts in close interpersonal relationships. Overcoming it can unite both people.
10. It is the resolution of difficulties that makes heroes
No matter how many times you fall, you have to get up and fight.
11. I am absolutely convinced that science and peace triumph over ignorance and war, that nations will eventually unite not to destroy but to build, and that the future belongs to those who have done much. for the good of mankind.
Although it may seem like a utopia, one of Pasteur’s desires is for people to come together to create a better world.
12. Chance promotes a well-trained mind
The people who struggle are the ones whose luck smiles on them.
13. Chance is something to look for
Luck does not appear as if by magic, it must be pursued.
14. Do not avoid the difficulties in the life of your children, rather teach them to overcome them.
Overcoming the challenges of life makes people grow as human beings.
15. Science is the future of mankind
Scientific discoveries help humans live better lives. This phrase from Pasteur emphasizes the usefulness of science.
16. Fortune works in favor of a prepared mind
Luck is a consequence of taking the right action.
17. The more I look at nature, the more I admire the creator
Nature is one of the best things humans can enjoy.
18. It is not the profession which honors man. It is the man who honors the profession
The honorable person is one who demonstrates that he is ready to practice his profession.
19. I am on the verge of mysteries and the veil is thinning more and more
Louis Pasteur has always been a curious man, as his discoveries show.
20. Wine is the healthiest and most hygienic drink
Pasteur has already said that drinking wine in moderation is good for the body.
21. It is about overcoming the difficulties of the elderly
When we stand up from a fall, we learn from experiences.
22. Without laboratories, scientists are like soldiers without weapons
For Louis Pasteur, science only makes sense from the context of the experimental laboratory.
23. Science is the soul of the prosperity of nations and the source of all progress.
The history of human beings is changing thanks to scientific discoveries.
24. Do not say anything that is not possible to prove in a simple and decisive way
Maybe something isn’t believable until it’s proven.
25. Two opposing laws seem to clash today. One is a law of blood and death that relentlessly imagines new means of destruction and compels nations to be constantly prepared for the battlefield. The other is a law of peace
Peace and war are part of human nature, according to this researcher.
26. The greatness of human actions is proportional to the inspiration which produces them.
Not everything we do is worth remembering. We remember innovative things.
27. In the field of observation, luck is on the intelligent
Quick-witted people are the most successful at uncovering details that often go unnoticed.
28. Veterinarians find it easier. At the very least, they are not confused by the opinions of those close to them.
An ironic quote in reference to people visiting doctors.
29. Happy is he who carries within himself a God, an ideal of beauty which follows: ideal of art, ideal of science, ideal of home, ideal of evangelical virtues. They are the living sources of great thoughts and great deeds. They all reflect the light of infinity
Another of Louis Pasteur’s religious phrases. In this case, he is talking about the nature of the divine and its implications for man and his senses.
30. Cultivate critical thinking. Reduced to itself, it is neither an awakening nor a stimulus for great works, but without it, the whole is obsolete.
Critical thinking is necessary for us to develop as people.