When we think of a famous phrase or quote, we often use words spoken by different scientists, writers, philosophers, clerics, politicians or historical figures. It is not so common to mention phrases and thoughts from the world of sports.
And yet, there are many athletes who have contributed with their lyrics to inspire their fans and young people in values such as effort, hard work, positive attitude and persistence. This is the case of Michael Jordan, considered the best basketball player of all time and an example. In this article you will find 65 quotes from Michael Jordan that can serve as inspiration.
- And also …: “38 sentences on the basketball of the best players”
Michael Jordan’s best famous quotes and quotes
Below is a series of contributions and quotes from Michael Jordan on different topics or from which we can extrapolate their meaning to other facets of life.
1. I have always believed that if we set to work, the results will come sooner or later
This sentence reflects for us the need to persist in the effort to strive for what we want.
2. Some people want something to happen, others dream of what is going to happen, others succeed.
Wishing and dreaming are things that must be done, but they won’t cease to be dreams if we don’t do something to make them come true.
3. To learn how to succeed, you must first learn how to fail
To do something right, you need practice and failing to learn how to get things done. In addition, it allows us to better appreciate the objectives and successes achieved.
4. I don’t do things by believing in two. I know by doing this I can only expect poor results
We have to do our best at what we do and believe in it with all our might.
5. Step by step. I don’t see any other way to get things done
The big steps require effort and are carried out little by little, with multiple intermediate steps.
6. Mai diguis mai. Because limits, like fear, are often just an illusion
The only limit that exists is the one we set for ourselves. We can always go further
7. Anyone who says he plays to the limit is because he has it.
If we set a limit for ourselves, we won’t go beyond it. We need to know how to feed our own motivation.
8. You have to wait for things on your own before you can do them.
Self-confidence is fundamental to enable action and the achievement of our goals.
9. There are good and bad ways of doing things. You can practice shooting eight hours a day, but if the technique is bad, you will only become an individual who knows how to throw badly.
Persistence is good, but if we persist in making mistakes, we really fail to improve.
10. If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative expectations, you will never change the outcome.
Jordan tells us not to bow to what others expect of us.
11. I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But what I can’t accept is not to try
If we try to do something we can failBut if we don’t, we can never do it.
12. If you are nearing the end of your life and are frustrated with feeling that you haven’t done something, you become bitter. You feel bitter because you blame yourself for not getting the things you were able to do. I won’t be a bitter old man
Living to the fullest and doing what you want is the key to leading a happy life.
13. Always turn a negative situation into a positive one.
Out of everything you can learn, and almost everything, you can get something good from your perspective.
14. I don’t sweat three hours a day alone to find out what it’s like to sweat
Jordan reflected in this sentence the pursuit of the achievement of objectives. It prompts us to act to achieve our goals.
15. If you encounter a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Find out how to climb, cross or get around it
Achieving our goals is complex and requires facing complications and difficulties.
16. Everyone is talented, but competence requires hard work
It takes a lot of effort to be good at something, whether or not there is a natural talent.
17. We all want it. Once you leave the earth, you fly. Some people want more than others
Dreaming is what drives us.
18. Sometimes you have to get hit on the head to realize you are fighting.
Situations can end without our realizing it.
19. I never think of the consequences of missing a good shot … when you think of the consequences you think of a negative result
It is better not to anticipate the results, because we tend to think of possible defeats.
20. Don’t Let Success Get In Your Head And Don’t Let Failure Get To Your Heart
It is important that neither success nor failure causes us to lose our sanity or sink. We have to believe in ourselves without feeling superior.
21. Sometimes things don’t turn out the way you want them to, but the effort has to be there every night
Whatever the results and the circumstances, we must strive to do our best.
22. Talent wins matches, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships
It is the use of strategy and joint work that allows good development and good management of things, achieve the best possible results.
23. I realized that if I was going to achieve anything in life, I had to be aggressive. I had to look
We should not stand still and adopt passive or simply reflexive attitudes. If we want anything, we have to act.
24. I know that fear is an obstacle for many people, but for me it is an illusion
Fear can cripple us. But it is also a feeling that prepares us to move and to act.
25. My dad used to say it was never too late to do something you wanted to do. You don’t know what you can achieve until you try
It is never too late to achieve what we have set for ourselves. We can always fight.
26. I have failed again and again in life, that’s why I succeeded
Mistakes help you learn and be successful.
27. Another day, another opportunity to show everyone that they doubt you and that they are wrong
We should not rely on the expectations of others of us to act. Let that not limit us.
28. Play to win, in practice or in a real game, and I will not leave anything on my or my enthusiasm to win
The situation is the same, we must not lower our level.
29. If goals are designed and achieved as a team, individual races will stand out on their own
Working in a team and moving towards it allows both the whole and the individuals to stand out.
30. There has never been fear in me, I am not afraid of failure. If one version fails, what?
Nothing happens if we ever fail. It serves us as learning and is an opportunity for improvement.
31. Authenticity is being true to who you are, even when everyone around you wants you to be someone else.
Being genuine means standing up for what you believe without bowing to the expectations of others.
32. To be successful you must be selfish or you will never be successful. And when you reach your highest level, you have to be selfless. Keep contact. Don’t isolate yourself not
To stand out, you must first act to be able to take off and make a name for yourself. However, once achieved, we must not let it enter our head and help others to do the same.
33. My attitude is such that if I push myself towards something that I think is a weakness, then I will bypass that perceived weakness and make it a strength.
Aspects considered weak can be a great strength, it all depends on the perspective and how they are worked on.
34. Sometimes you have to get hit on the head to realize you are fighting
Sometimes we do not clearly perceive our situation to what extent we are immersed in it.
35. Apart from the technique obtained in advance, the results escape our hands, so do not worry about them.
We can’t control it all, Nor what will happen to our actions. To worry too much about this is inappropriate and does not mean any benefit.
36. In a team, not everyone can claim to have the same fame and the same press, but everyone can say that they are champion.
Fame and prestige may not reach everyone in the same way, but teamwork is essential and everyone involved is worth the same. common goals that drive our motivation.
37. I build my talent on the shoulders of the talent of others
The talent and ability to achieve often through training and help from people who have come before us, showing us a possible path to follow and from which to work.
38. If you decide to do what you want, good things can happen
The disposition to things and their implementation can lead to great changes.
39. I have never been afraid to fail
Failure should not be viewed as negative, fearful or shameful. In fact, the very concept of failure is nothing more than a subjective assessment of the outcome of our actions. In addition, we must be confident in our ability to achieve the desired results.
40. I never dreamed of arriving where I arrived
What we can accomplish with effort may even far exceed what we set out to achieve.
41. Dreams come true with effort, determination, passion and by staying connected to the feeling of who you are
This sentence reflects the importance of acting according to your own beliefs and respond to the pursuit of our desires with determination.
42. Always turn a negative situation into a positive one
We are encouraged to adopt a vision that allows us to see the positives in the negatives. It is about turning misfortune into opportunity.
43. Sometimes a winner is just a dreamer who never gave up
Perseverance is of great importance because it allows us to turn our dreams into reality.
44. I have failed 1, and over and over again in life. And that’s why I succeeded
Learning is the key to success, And this is especially permitted by failure.
45. My heroes are and were my parents, I can’t imagine having other people as heroes
Our roots are very important, because they are the ones that gave us a context and values that allowed our development.
46. I have played every part of my life to the fullest until it was empty.
Michael Jordan expresses the need to put all the meat on the grill to achieve his goals.
47. I always thought there would be someone in the stands for the first time I saw myself playing live and I just didn’t want to disappoint that person, my fans or my team.
This sentence, once again, inspires us to give the best of ourselves.
48. If you quit once, it will become a habit. mai abandonis
Surrender is not an option, as it is easy to get used to it and stop fighting for what you want.
49. Realize it
This phrase prompts us to look for a way to get what we want, rather than just contemplating it.
50. I compete with what I can do
It is not about competing with others, but reaching our full potential and exceeding those limits.
51. It is impossible to achieve this goal if one does not master the basics
You have to master the most basic to be able to move forward and develop.
52. What is love? Love plays every game like it’s the last
Taking risks and putting it all into what we do or want is something we do when something or someone is important to us.
53. I hope the millions of people I have reached have the optimism and desire to share their goals and hard work and persevere with a positive attitude.
This sentence reflects the will of its author that his achievements can serve as inspiration.
54. The key to success is failure
Failure leads us to learn, which in the long run can lead to success.
55. The best comes from the worst
Sometimes not getting what you want or bad things can happen.
56. If you do the job, you are rewarded. There are no shortcuts in life
We won’t get anything if we don’t try hard.
57. I want to get up everyday and do whatever comes to mind, and not feel pressured or obligated to do anything in my life
Jordan reflects in this sentence the need for freedom.
58. When I was young, I had to learn the basics of basketball. You can have all the physical abilities in the world, but you still have to learn the basics
This sentence reminds us that in everything, you have to start from the bottom to grow and develop.
59. In any investment you should expect to have fun and make money.
What we do for a living should not only be aimed at making money, but should be something that fascinates and entertains us.
60. I want to be the bridge to the next generation
This sentence reflects the need to be productive and bequeath to future generations an example that will inspire them or a challenge to take up.
61. If you try to accomplish anything, there will be stones in the way. I got them, everyone got them. But obstacles shouldn’t stop you
Finding difficulties should not prevent us from continuing to fight for what we want.
62. It would be impossible to make a fool of myself in practice and then, needing more pressure at the end of a game, to pretend that the effort is reflected.
Even though this is just repetition, we have to give our best if we are to improve our abilities.
63. Play sick. It’s very hard. There must be a mental challenge, as well as a physical challenge
A phrase that reflects the value of effort even if it poses a tall order.
64. Once I made a decision, I never thought about it again
Jordan indicates in this sentence that once a decision has been taken and implemented, it is useless to think that another path could have been taken or not.
65. Just play. Enjoy. Enjoy the game
This phrase prompts us to focus on the pleasure of what we are doing.