Today we have a collection of phrases from Kilian Jornet, A famous and motivating mountaineer who lived in the mountains as a child, and who now devotes himself to incredible races for mountains and summits of all kinds.
Kilian Jornet Burgada was born in the town of Sabadell, Spain, in 1987. Skiing and mountain racing have been his great passions since he was a child. His record in both disciplines is absolutely incredible. In 2017, he achieved the incredible feat of crowning Everest twice in less than ten days and without any outside help (oxygen, sherpas).
- Check out Kilian Jornet’s record here
- Interview with Jornet at Mundo Deportivo
Motivational phrases by Kilian Jornet
To get to know the Catalan athlete better and find out how he manages to overcome his challenges, we have compiled different famous quotes that sum up his way of seeing life. We hope you are inspired!
1. “Sometimes I was wrong, but I learned that there is no point in regretting: I will have to accept the mistake and make up for this lost time in the race.”
In sports, the ability to overcome a mistake is crucial to moving forward.
2. “On the Diagonal dels Bojos, crossing Reunion Island, a 24 hour race, I started to cry 20 kilometers from the finish line: I was so tired that to distract I imagined how I would feel crossing the line. was less exciting. “
In her extreme challenges, Kilian Jornet has come to cry, as she explains in this anecdote.
3. “On the mountain you learn that you are very small, a falling stone or a storm can take you off the map, and that makes me put things in perspective a lot and understand what is important.”
A sentence to think about.
4. “We know our body perfectly well, but we don’t know anything about our brain, and it can play tricks on you.”
The human brain guides us towards success or failure.
5. “I am a competitor, I like to compete, to go further, to seek my limits.”
Jornet’s competitive spirit is absolutely commendable.
6. “To be free is to follow no one.”
Go your own way, and so you will find yourself.
7. “Let instinct guide your steps … it will take you where you love most.”
When we do what our heart tells us, we rarely go wrong.
8. “In 40 years, I won’t remember whether I came first or second, I will remember the emotions I felt …”
The result is almost the least … the important thing is to feel alive and useful.
9. “Upstairs everything is idyllic, it is on the descent that the problems return.”
A reflection on his alpine careers, but which can be interpreted as a metaphor for life.
10. “In Central Europe it is very difficult to find places where the passage of man is not noticed. But in Scandinavia, Asia or the Himalayas if I find this peace.”
The virgin peaks are like temples in the eyes of Kilian Jornet.
11. “Sport is overrated.”
In an interview with Andreu Buenafuente, Jornet explained that society attaches too much importance to sporting achievements, but that he just feels that he runs a little faster than others and that the really interesting people are in the sciences and in education.
So far, the sentences of this great athlete. That’s all for today, I hope today’s post has motivated you. We hope you enjoyed Kilian Jornet’s quotes and that you can apply some of their principles to your life.