There are many quotes from Neil Armstrong that have been etched into the history books for its scientific and technological implications. The first human to walk on the Moon symbolizes a lot of things, and most of them have to do with how we are able to go beyond our biological limits to do what previously seemed impossible.
- Related Article: “101 Motivational Phrases To Focus On Success”
The most famous quotes of Neil Armstrong
we will all remember images of the first astronaut to walk on the moon, Back in 1969. Neil Armstrong, who had served as a military pilot in the Korean War, studied aeronautics and commanded the first lunar expedition with Apollo 11, would become a world benchmark.
According to statements by the government and by NASA itself, it was initially believed that the mission was in danger of failing. So much so that the current president, Richard Nixon, claimed to have prepared a written speech in case the spacemen never returned. However, some efforts pay off with unique experiences, and the trajectory of Neil Armstrong and his team is one example.
Below are the most memorable quotes from this astronaut, who is surely the most quoted and the most quoted in all of history.
1. A small step for man, a big step for mankind
it is surely the most famous phrase of the 20th century regarding the space race.
2. Research creates new knowledge
Armstrong was a great supporter of science in all fields because it is useful and greatly improves our well-being.
3. Mystery creates surprise
This is the reason for human development, curiosity breeds in knowledge.
4. It suddenly occurred to him that it was a big blue dot. It was the earth
This is how he described his view from space.
5. I didn’t feel like a giant, but like a dwarf
One of the thoughts on the emotional impact of being on the moon.
6. Surprise is the human desire to understand
From the unexpected is born the incredible.
7. Research Responds to Finding What We Don’t Know
We always walk in the desire to know more.
8. When you feel overconfident, something goes crazy and bites you.
Good sentence from Armstrong on how to handle situations that seem easy.
9. I have always loved helping them solve their problems, wherever they are.
Neil has always been a person who works as a team.
10. The space race provided a mechanism for cooperation between adversaries.
In the middle of the cold war the two superpowers have had moments of cooperation.
11. Getting to the moon was a distraction that could have prevented a war.
Once again, this event calmed the war between the USSR and the United States.
12. I always thought there was a 90% chance of success
Given the circumstances, Neil was overwhelmingly positive.
13. In life, you have to accept a percentage of risk depending on what you are going to achieve
To be successful, you have to take risks.
14. When you take off and in the situation where you are in the truth, it is difficult to hear anything.
That’s what Neil felt as he took off.
15. When things go wrong, what you need to think about is to do your job well and only think about it.
We have no control over all the variables that affect us.
16. Walking on the moon was a special and memorable moment, but we had to hold back because we had work to do at the time.
Such was the excitement on arrival that they had to restrain themselves.
17. I know the moon is waiting for us
Neil Armstrong was eager to reach this scientific milestone.
18. If we had a lunar module, we would have landed
Some complications could be avoided.
19. I would love to travel to Mars
There are always goals to pursue.
20. The views were simply majestic, beyond any visual experience you have had
With this sentence we can understand the experience that this entails.
21. Conspiracy theories that people like very much, they are very attractive, but they don’t affect me, I know someone will come back and bring my camera back
Evil tongues say it was an act of manipulation to win the USSR in its space race.
22. Going to war made me a better person … from what I saw there
With this sentence he describes what he could see in the conflict, and at the same time a gesture of complicity in pacifism.
23. Houston, here the base of tranquility. The eagle has landed
The first sentence of calm they expected from Apollo 11.
24. I don’t intend to waste my running beats on exercise
He didn’t like physical exercise very much.
25. We’ve just completed the principle, over to you. We leave them a lot of things that haven’t been done
Teamwork is the basis for the development of good research work.
26. The first thing I wanted to do as a child was design airplanes.
From a young age, Neil Armstrong was clear about what he wanted to be.
27. There are great, undiscovered ideals, advances available that can remove one of the protective layers of truth.
He always wanted to go further and was one of the Mars travel mentors.
28. I can honestly say that I had no dreams of traveling to the moon
Funny phrase few of us agree with.
29. I guess we all like to be recognized
Glory is part of success.
30. Geologists have a saying: rocks remember
He therefore wanted to close the controversy over the alleged falsehood of the facts.
31. Pilots don’t like to walk, just fly
He has always had a passion for aviation.
32. We have come in peace for all mankind
was one of the phrases Neil Armstrong said on the moon.
33. I am and always will be an engineer and nerdy eyeglass protector in my pocket
Neil was not embarrassed by this stereotype of scientists.
34. I lifted my thumb and erased the Earth
One way to describe how small everything can be.
35. The Apollo’s Journey Shows Our Possibilities Are Endless
He laid the foundations for the aviation revolution.
36. Order the mission by chance, nothing was planned
The luck factor is also important.
37. Gliders, or sailing aircraft, are the closest thing a bird can feel
With this sentence, he intended to describe the sensation of flying.
38. Science has not yet mastered prophecy
For the astronaut, everything is to be discovered and verified.
39. We are planning too much for next year, and nothing for the next 10
A critique of the world of science and technological development.
40. The only thing I regret is that my job has taken a long time
All is not rosy for a very successful person.
41. Being up there, I thought I was just going home
Neil armstrong he struggled between emotion and fear constantly.
42. We were at infinity, but we were moving in about 35 square meters
Harsh conditions had to withstand the team of astronauts.
43. I will always be remembered for this, but I’m a pretty ordinary person.
With this sentence, he wanted to show the humility that preceded him.
44. Success creates enemies everywhere
With this sentence, he shows us, once again, that success is not a guarantee of admiration.
45. When we arrived on the mainland, I was afraid
It was one of those phrases that said nothing but the earth.