Pell, His real name is Edson Arantes do Nascimento (Brazil, 1940) is a retired footballer who is considered by many to be the best player in history.
Often regarded as the best historical player of the Saints and the Brazilian national team, Pelé has won three World Cups and has been decorated as the best football player of the 20th century according to FIFA.
“The 66 most famous quotes from football and footballers”
“Cristiano Ronaldo’s 50 best famous quotes”
Famous phrases from Pelé
To learn more about the milestones of this legendary footballer, we set out to compile the best sentences of Pelé, As well as his most famous statements and thoughts.
1. The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness of winning.
A sentence to remember that the effort pays off.
2. Everything is convenient.
Coaching is the habit that makes footballers with great hearts.
3. If you are the first, you are the first. If you are second, you are nothing.
Only the champion remembers and makes history. No one remembers the second.
4. If you don’t educate people, it’s easy to manipulate them.
A reflection in the philosophical tone of “O Rei”.
5. You have to respect people and work hard to stay in shape. I used to train really hard. When other players went to the beach after practice, I was hitting the ball.
About his work ethic.
6. Wherever you go, there are three icons that everyone knows: Jesus Christ, Pele and Coca-Cola.
Three universal icons, each in its own domain.
7. Pelé does not die. Pele will never die. Pele will go on forever.
Certainly, the memory of this legendary player will not be erased from the collective memory.
8. A penalty is a loose way of scoring.
Pelé didn’t want to be made easy.
9. Brazil eats, sleeps and drinks football. Live Football!
About Brazilian fans and their dedication to the king of sport.
10. People are arguing between Pelé or Maradona. Di Stéfano is the best, much more complete.
Although hard to believe, Pelé himself uttered the phrase, making it clear who he thinks is the best footballer in history.
11. If I have made a difference, it is thanks to my education and my family base, which is why I have never been involved in scandals.
A structured family was the key to Edson’s athletic development.
12. If I ever die, I will feel happy because I tried to give my best. My sport has allowed me to do a lot because it is the greatest sport in the world.
About football and his personal heritage.
13. Enthusiasm is everything. It should be tight and vibrant like a guitar string.
Without attitude, victories and titles do not come.
14. My mom said to me, “Don’t play football. Your dad played and got injured, and now he can’t support the family.”
A piece of advice that he fortunately did not follow.
15. All my life I give thanks to God. My family was very religious.
About his position regarding the existence of God.
16. The rules of football are education: egalitarian and fair for all.
They all compete with the same rules.
17. I don’t think I am a very good businessman. I act too much with my heart.
Too impulsive is not a good business advisor.
18. The World Cup is a very important way to measure good players. This is the test of an excellent player.
To face other nations and their best players is a unique experience.
19. When playing against dirty players or very tough players it is easy to escape because you know what they are going to do. But when the player is tough but smart it is much more difficult.
Therefore, a good defense should also be smart and organized.
20. I represent Brazil around the world. Everywhere I go I have to do my best not to disappoint the Brazilian people.
Of his responsibility towards his people.
21. I still think I would have become an actor if I hadn’t been a footballer.
His comic skills were always excellent.
22. God gave me the gift of playing football, and the rest I got because he took care of me and prepared me.
God has it, but everyone is responsible for doing their job.
23. To be a striker you need to be in good shape.
Logically, speed and agility are very powerful weapons for a ram.
24. When you are young you do a lot of stupid things.
Youth is sometimes accompanied by certain doses of madness.
25. He was a coward when he played. I only cared about the development of my career.
Recognizing that he was quite selfish as a player.
26. The Brazilian people should be proud of what Pelé has done to promote and defend the country.
True, Pelé always tried to influence politics and social affairs.
27. When I was a striker, I always wanted to score. He applauded the crowd. But today, Brazil has lost this desire to have the ball and dominate the opponent.
On the concept change of Brazilian football.
28. The feeling of being retired is bad. I always dream of trading, scoring goals.
Not being able to do what he loves most is a little overwhelming for O King.
29. I miss the ball, the enthusiasm and energy in the stadium, the struggle to get a good result, the joy and sadness in victory and defeat.
About his past feelings.
30. I will never be a football coach. I know being a coach is complicated and I don’t want to complicate my life.
A sample who is a person who wants to live a relaxed life.
31. There will never be another Pelé. My father and mother closed the factory. I am unique and irreplaceable.
Ironic phrase about his football and his charisma: unique.
32. Maradona was a great player but unfortunately everyone can see what he has done with his life.
A poignant critique of the Argentinian star’s drug addiction.
33. The only major header Maradona scored was with his hand.
On the goal “the hand of God”, which went up on the dashboard but had to be canceled.
34. No individual can win a match alone.
You always need the team to win championships.
35. There is no worse punishment for being born a ball and being kicked by an Englishman at Wembley.
About the unrefined technique of many British players.
36. God gave me the gift of knowing how to play football, but the rest I achieved it by training hard to accept any result.
The state of mind comes from oneself.
37. I will never be a football coach. I know being a coach is complicated and I don’t want to complicate my life with it. Nor could I aspire to have a career like the one I had as a player, which is unattainable even for me.
A beautiful reflection on what it means to be a master.
38. To compare with me, Maradona must first ask permission from Socrates, Tostao, Rivelino, Zico and Romario, as well as other Brazilian players. Then he would have to ask permission from Di Stefano and Moreno, two great Argentines who were better than him.
Another poisoned dart for Maradona.
39. The Argentines make a mistake, they shouldn’t invest time in awarding a rival like Di Stefano or Maradona; they should invest it realizing that I am better than the two together.
If he contradicts another of his famous sentences, Pelé discovers here his most arrogant side.
40. It’s blasphemy and I’m wrong to say it, but in the polls I’m more popular than Jesus Christ. That to me laughs, I’m a Catholic and I know what Jesus means and his values.
About his worldwide fame.
41. Messi will mark an era, but he will never be a legend.
Argentina player Leo Messi has never been among his favorites.
42. It’s not arrogance, it’s that I don’t admit hearing that there is a better football player than me until they meet one who is beyond my limits. thousand goals, then we’ll talk.
It is certain that this figure is inaccessible to a mortal.
43. Maradona is not a good selector because he leads a strange way of life and this does not happen unnoticed on the computer.
Leadership starts with good habits, and Maradona is not an example.
44. I had a great time around that time because Swedish girls wanted us, especially if you were black.
A famous quote about her success with European women.
45. If a team has good players, quality artists, a show will be seen. Otherwise, it’s not worth putting on the TV or going to the stadium.
He makes his conception of football very clear.
46. All players from all teams play the same way, the difference comes when you have two or three players who have individual abilities. Here, my friend, the glory is touched.
Creativity is not a gift that many footballers have.
47. Neymar will now be the leader of Brazil.
About the PSG star.
48. When I went to Nya Ullevi Stadium in Gothenburg on June 15, 1958, there were 50,000 people eager to see the little black boy wearing the number 10. Many considered me to be some kind of pet compared to the number 10. huge physique of the Russians.
About one of his matches in Europe and the euphoria that sparked his presence.
49. To win, the coach must have good knowledge and inspire confidence. You cannot become an executioner, this mistake usually pays dearly because great teams, like big companies, are built in unity and mutual respect, not with a whip.
On how to lead teams.
50. The best Argentinian player after Maradona was Juan Roman Riquelme.
A controversial opinion, because Riquelme failed to succeed in Europe.
51. Cubillas is my successor.
About the Peruvian footballer, who never got what Pelé expected.
52. Football today is very defensive, very tactical. The coaches know all the teams. The players know the teams. There is no longer a single tactic, now everyone attacks and everyone defends. When the ball is lost, everyone will get it back. More than 4-3-3 or 4-4-2. They all play the same way. The difference is when you have one or two players with individual abilities.
The difference is marked by the player (or players) with an exceptional gift.
53. Some people think that the fourth referee should not have any authority to control the coaches. My personal opinion is that if we give the coach an area he can do whatever he wants because some coaches like to talk and shout and some don’t. I don’t think you should tell them to come in and sit on the bench. It feels like they have too much power. Unless he says or does harmful things, the coach should be free to work in his area.
On one of the most controversial rules in football, which affects the ability of coaches to lead their players.
54. He has been very lucky because despite all the bad things that have happened in his life, like drugs, there are people who still offer him a job.
Again speaking of Diego Armando Maradona.
55. I was born for football like Beethoven for music.
In this sentence, Pelé tells us about his magical gift for football.
56. Sport is a great inspiration to young people.
It’s true: many young people refer to footballers or other athletes.
57. I am constantly asked about the players. The only way to win is as a team. Football isn’t all about one, two or three star teams.
About the importance of team competition.
58. I could name a few names, but what has happened in the last 10 to 15 years, I think Messi is the most consistent player of all these years, without a doubt.
His opinion of Messi has improved over the years.
59. Success is not an accident. It’s hard work, persistence, learning, studying, sacrificing, and most importantly, love for what you are doing or learning to do.
A maxim of success that we should all apply.
60. My father used to say, “Listen. God has given you the gift of being able to play football. If you take care of your health, if you are in good shape all the time, with the gift that God has given you, no one will stop you but you must be prepared ”.
Wise advice from his father that Pelé followed faithfully.
61. When a player scores a lot of goals, a lot of people think, “He’s a great player” because a goal is a very important goal, but a great player is the one who can do everything on the pitch. You can encourage your colleagues, give them confidence to move on. He is someone who, when a team is not doing well, becomes one of the leaders.
On the qualities of a great player.
62. Cristiano Ronaldo is a great goalscorer … but Messi is the best.
Finally, Pelé recognized the greatness of “La Puça”.
63. I have said it before, Maradona loves me. I went to the opening of his program [de televisión], To help you during an event to raise funds. I like him, I think he loves me. As for who was the best, I still think he has to learn how to finish well and hit it with his right leg.
Another of his famous opinions on Maradona, at a time when the relationship was cordial.
64. Then I saw my father cry. I did not understand why I was crying, because I had always been told that men do not cry. I said, “Daddy, don’t cry. I’m going to win the World Cup for you, don’t cry ”.
A consolation which came true a few years later.
65. God gave me football and only he can take it away from me.
One of Pelé’s most religious phrases.
66. I am a calm and calm man. I have a lot of patience and that’s why I can take the blows that hit me inside the court or the blows that the supporters give me when they congratulate me. I like to make friends, I don’t collect enemies.
About her calm and kind personality.
67. Politicians have led us to always suffer from misery in Brazil.
A critique of the establishment of the American country.
68. I am not looking for them to speak well of me when I die.
His heritage as an individual is irrelevant to him.
69. If I played football today, I would in Barcelona.
I would like to play in Leo Messi’s group, probably.
70. Technically, Neymar is the best player in the world.
On the Brazilian star, who served in Barcelona’s ranks to later sign for Paris Saint Germain.