Richard Charles Nicholas Branson (1950) better known as Richard branson, Is an English entrepreneur, much of the business success lies in being the founder of the well-known company Virgin, which is currently part of the Virgin group which currently has over 360 companies.
Branson’s lifestyle and business philosophy have always made this mogul a role model for many entrepreneurs, as Branson’s knowledge of customer service and marketing has often paid off.
- We recommend that you read: “135 Motivational Phrases to Focus on Success”
Phrases and reflections by Richard Branson
Would you like to know more about this famous businessman? Then we are going to reveal to you the 80 famous quotes of Richard Branson that you all need to know.
1. If you don’t dream, you won’t get anything.
We must pursue our dreams and strive for them, we can make them come true.
2. The courageous may not live forever, but the prudent do not live at all.
Being courageous is a quality that can provide us with great wealth, if we don’t try we will never achieve it.
3. There is nothing more you can do with your life and work than to follow your passions.
Following what excites us is a way to live life the way we really want to live it.
4. In business, as in life, what matters is doing something positive.
We must try to improve society with our grain of sand, we can all make the world a better place.
5. It’s time to start a new business when it is poorly managed by others.
Many businesses fail to materialize due to the mismanagement of their leaders, we can take advantage of this moment.
6. Take the competition seriously, but not yourself.
The attitude with which we face things will allow us to overcome obstacles or not.
7. Details are very important.
Small details often make the difference between something exquisite and a little mundane.
8. Train people enough to leave, treat them well enough that they want to stay.
Improving the skills of our employees will make them better professionals, and the treatment they should receive from us should be positive.
9. Listen. Take the best. Leave the rest.
Learning from others is something that can help us throughout our lives.
10. If we look at the best of our people, they will thrive. If we criticize or watch the worst, they will wither. We all need a lot of watering.
Encouraging our employees and knowing how to motivate them is something that differentiates good and bad employers.
11. A business can be started with very little money.
In many businesses, the initial investment can be quite low.
12. Luck promotes the prepared mind. The more you practice, the luckier you are.
Acquiring knowledge can help us in many moments of life, because when we need it, it will be available to us.
13. Respect is like treating everyone, not just those you want to impress.
We must treat everyone we meet with respect.
14. I don’t see work as work and play as play. Everything is life.
For many people, work is a big part of their life, Richard Branson is one of it.
15. Getting into a job that you enjoy is one of the great pleasures in life.
When we find a job we are passionate about, we are passionate about it.
16. My general attitude towards life is to enjoy every minute of every day.
We need to be positive and know how to take advantage of the little things life gives us.
17. Only a fool changes his mind.
We all evolve over the years, the experiences we have every day make us evolve as people.
18. Life is so much more fun if you say yes instead of saying no.
We need to be braver and more determined, knowing how to take advantage of opportunities is something we should all be doing.
19. If the only reason you do business is money, you better not even do it.
When we decided to start a business, this business must be passionate, otherwise this business will fail.
20. What works once may no longer work. What everyone else tells you will not work. There are no rules.
The business world is a very volatile thing, we must act on our own instincts and feelings, we must not be influenced by third parties.
21. Just as I get a sense of people within 30 seconds of meeting them, I also get a sense of whether or not a business proposition turns me on within 30 seconds.
First impressions are usually good, it happens with people and also with businesses.
22. Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.
There is no such thing as luck, as Branson says, we have to be prepared to take advantage of this opportunity that may appear to us at any time.
23. There have been times when I have succumbed to corruption or have been the person offering it.
We must be honest and not use ploys to achieve our goals, as these practices will then haunt us in our careers.
24. I have always believed that the way you treat your employees is the way they will treat your customers, and that people thrive when they are praised. When we treat others well, they will tend to treat us the same, whether they are customers or employees, an employee can also be a future customer.
Treat others the way you want.
25. Most necessary evils are smarter than necessary.
We must try to correct all the problems that we have, the necessary evils can make us pass a very difficult bill to pay.
26. I realize that the idea that business is fun and creative goes against convention. Certainly, this is what we are taught in business schools.
To create a business, you have to be inventive and that is why you have to know the sector or be passionate about it.
27. Whatever your goal, you will never be successful if you don’t let go of your fears and start stealing.
We must not set limits for ourselves, where we will end up will be decided only by fate.
28. If only we had the power to see ourselves as others see us. Of all the mantras one can adopt in life, this is without a doubt one of the best.
We must be aware of the image we project towards others, in this way we can be much more effective in our exercise (be more credible for our interlocutors).
29. There are parameters which, if followed, can ensure business continuity, but the cause of a business’s success cannot be defined and bottled as if it were a perfume.
The business world is a very volatile thing, you have to find the right key at the right time to be able to be successful.
30. Success cannot be guaranteed by someone else’s formula.
There is no exact model for success, being successful in our business is a very difficult thing which depends on countless factors.
31. Capitalism works. However, those who profit from it should return it to society, not just sit on it like it’s people hatching eggs.
Giving back to society some of the wealth it provides us can be very beneficial to us emotionally and bureaucratically.
32. Things that are hard to win are more valuable than things that come easily.
When we go through hardships to achieve something unconsciously, we place much more value, the value it has to us.
33. For those who think business is for profit, I suggest they think again.
The business world is very complex and it is not governed by mere speculation, Richard Branson knows this very well.
34. To hell with it, let’s go.
There are many times in life that we need to be courageous and take a step forward.
35. Remember that it is not the material things that matter in life. Things don’t matter, people are. What matters is that everyone is careful.
The people around us are the ones who bring us all the happiness we have in life, material goods are just simple objects.
36. Listen more than you speak. No one learns anything by listening to himself speak.
We must know how to listen, because in this way we can accumulate knowledge about third parties.
37. Great leaders are almost always simplifiers who can put an end to arguments, debates and doubts by offering a solution that everyone can understand.
Easy solutions are the ones everyone wants to follow because they simplify their lives and make them practical.
38. Developing mental toughness is not just about being resilient. It’s about going to your reserve tank when you think you can’t move forward.
Being mentally strong is something that not all of us are or can be, our character and personality dictates our mental strength.
39. Evil, wickedness, do not have the last word. It is the kindness, laughter, joy, care and compassion of those who make the final decision.
Bringing joy and goodness to the world is up to us, we must be bearers of joy wherever we go.
40. It took him a long time and a lot of mistakes to succeed.
The great successes need their time to be able to conceive, the good is always to be expected.
41. To become a good leader, you have to seek out the best in people. Rarely criticize, always praise.
We must know how to promote and exalt the qualities of our employees, in this way we can take advantage of their maximum human potential.
42. As you advance in your career, your efforts can be doomed to failure. Don’t be discouraged, one of the best ways to learn something is to make mistakes.
Mistakes teach us never to have to make them again, we learn from mistakes, not wins.
43. Hard work and fun are the two things that life revolves around. As soon as things stop being fun, this is the signal you need to keep moving forward.
We have to do what we are most passionate about, that way we will always be successful in what we do.
44. Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of reaching it with a well-preserved body.
Taking risks is something we all have to do, because then we will be able to know what we are really capable of.
45. If you’re not having fun, you’re doing it wrong. If you think waking up in the morning and exercising is just a chore, then now is the time to try something else.
The world is very big and there are a lot of jobs, it can always be a good time to start something new.
46. I have always been driven to see the good in people instead of taking on the worst of all and looking for faults.
The positive aspects of people are the ones we should always try to encourage and encourage.
47. It is best, when possible, to try to forgive our debtors and give them a second chance, as my father and mother often did when I was a child.
We need to be above the opinions of others, nothing they think will change our path to success.
48. I think listening is one of the most important skills for any teacher, parent, leader, entrepreneur or, well, anyone with dust.
Knowing how to listen to our friends or family can help us learn from their mistakes because we don’t make them.
49. Live for the present (I hear my parents’ maxim in my head) and the future will come of itself.
We must live in the present, take advantage of what we have now, and strive for a better future.
50. You are sure to miss out on every opportunity you don’t seize.
These opportunities that we have decided not to use, yes or no, will not produce any kind of wealth, neither personal nor material.
51. Business is a fluid, changing substance.
Businesses are constantly changing, adapting and changing. The key to success, no one knows.
52. If you have a good team around you and a little more than luck, you can shake things up.
The people around us are the ones who push us to achieve our goals.
53. I don’t think you can learn it as if it were a recipe. No ingredient or technique can guarantee your success.
Success largely depends on the luck and experience we gain as entrepreneurs.
54. Look, that makes you smarter.
When we listen to others, we learn from them and they will appreciate the attention we give them.
55. The best lesson I have learned is to do this. It doesn’t matter what it is or how hard it can be to get it. As Greek Plato said, “The principle is the most important part of any work”.
To achieve a goal, we will always have to start with a first step, give it or not, it is up to us.
56. Fun is at the heart of the way I love doing business and has been the key to everything I have done and the results I have achieved.
Knowing how to have fun with work can be a very beneficial thing, because we will pass our pleasure on to others.
57. When something stops being fun, I think it’s time to move on. Life is too short to be miserable. Waking up stressed and miserable is not a good way to live.
We should not waste the precious time of our life on things that we are not really passionate about.
58. My parents always reminded me that all you have in this life is reputation – you can be rich, but if you have lost your reputation you will never be happy.
The reputation we have for society can be a very important thing in our lives, Branson in this quote shows us how important it is to him.
59. To succeed, you have to get out, touch the ground while running.
To be successful, we must take risks and be fearless in life.
60. I rely more on my instincts than on statistics.
We have to be true to our instincts, they warn us many times when something is wrong.
61. It is by falling that you learn not to protect yourself from further falls.
It is up to us to learn from our mistakes, man is the only animal that stumbles twice with the same stone.
62. Get the idea. Each business operates according to its own rules. There are many ways to have a successful business.
How we grow or should grow our business is something we have to learn for ourselves.
63. I can honestly say that I have never been involved in a business just to make money.
Richard Branson is more inclined to start a business because of his affinity for this industry.
64. Good grades reflect the history of the time and the group of people who made them. They cannot be copied. They cannot be recycled.
Brands can be a before and after in the market, they can never try to clone to repeat their successes.
65. Complexity is your enemy. Any fool can do something complicated. It’s hard to keep it simple.
When a business is simple, it is when it can provide us with more fruit, but it is also more difficult to find.
66. One business must wrap up, it must be fun, and it must have creative instincts.
When our business fills us as individuals, we can devote ourselves body and soul to it without weighing down on us.
67. Balloons have only one life and the only way to know if they are working is to try to go around the world.
How we enjoy our life is up to us, we have to learn to fly and be brave.
68. Entrepreneurship is about turning what excites you into capital.
To be successful in a business, we need to be able to turn our passions into money, to focus on what you are most passionate about.
69. What is the line between genius and madness, and between determination and stubbornness.
Great geniuses are generally known to have a lot of madness.
70. I have always viewed my business, not as slot machines, but as adventures.
A business is always a great adventure and you never know where it will lead you.
71. Involve your emotions at work. Your instincts and your emotions are there to help you.
Knowing how to use all of our abilities in our profession is something we should all be able to do.
72. Having a caring personality is important. You can’t be a good leader if you don’t like people in general. This is the way to get the most out of it.
To be able to lead a team, you have to have the gift of people and without a doubt, Richard Branson has a great gift of people.
73. If someone offers you an incredible opportunity, but you are not sure you can do it, say yes, then learn how to do it.
We must not reject any opportunity that life presents to us, we can always learn what is needed when the time comes.
74. The best motto to follow: nothing risky, nothing won.
To win, we have to take risks, both personally and financially.
75. Something is certain in business. You and everyone around you will make mistakes.
In order to develop a successful career in business, we must not be able to learn.
76. The best way to learn something is to do it.
Indeed, as Richard Branson says in this quote, doing any activity is the best way to learn it.
77. You don’t learn to play by the rules. You learn by doing and falling.
We have agreed that we perform any activity, we learn certain guidelines that will help us perform it.
78. Business opportunities are like buses, there is always one more to come.
Even if we miss an opportunity, there will always be more down the road that we can take advantage of.
79. You can only live once. And I don’t want to waste a single minute of my life.
We have to make the most of our life at the last minute, that’s all we have.
80. A business is simply an idea to improve the lives of others. For a business to function, it must be positive for society and for it to benefit from it.
Businesses must be useful to society.