talk about Robert de niro (1943) is to speak of one of the most prolific and versatile actors of the last forty years. Born in New York, De Niro starred in unforgettable films, such as Taxi Driver (1976), The Godfather II (1974) and Wild Bull (1980).
His career was marked by his special association with Martin Scorsese. This director, along with Brian De Palma, has positively marked his acting career.
Famous quotes from Robert De Niro
Known both for his mythical interpretations of the most diverse characters, De Niro is perhaps one of the actors with the most acclaimed career of our time..
In this article, we will know the best quotes of Robert De Niro, taken from several of his films but also from interviews in which he shows his most human side.
1. We all pay a price for actions we have taken in the past, but when has it been enough? (Condemned)
The price is generally hard to beat. A mortgage for life.
2. The coin should always be chased with a single ball. Doing it together is nyap. I always tell everyone, but no one listens to me. (The hunter)
A metaphor that can be applied to all facets of life, not just hunting.
3. A guy in my place should always have a lot of money on hand, dirty cops and thugs, who don’t take checks. (Casino)
The Law of the Street, taken from one of his highest grossing films.
4. In a casino, the first rule is to play them non-stop and collect them. The more they play, the more money they lose, and in the end we end up with everything. (Casino)
About the predatory mindset of betting house owners.
5. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Otherwise, you are just part of the landscape. (Ronin)
A penalty that can be applied to different spheres of professional, criminal and police life.
6. What were we going to paint in the middle of a desert? The only reason is the money. This is the end result of neon lights and offers from travel agencies, all over the champagne, free hotel suites, so and so and alcohol. Everything is organized just because we take your money. We are the only ones who have won, the players don’t stand a chance. (Casino)
Another thought on casinos and how customers just came out of an (almost) perfect system for emptying their pockets.
7. The desert seemed to me a disturbing place, we did not know who was buried there. (Casino)
Certainly miles and miles of sand are a perfect hiding place for any corpse that should be hiding.
8. Lawyer? Lawyer? Are you there Salt rat, I want to see you cueta … (The head of fear)
A famous line from Robert De Niro in his role as Max Cady, a psychopathic criminal who pursues the lawyer who let him lie in a trial that cost him a prison sentence.
9. I am like God and God is like me, I am as tall as God, he is the same height as me, he is not above me, nor below him … (The head fear)
From the same movie as the previous sentence, in this case, Max Cady shows his illusion of grandeur.
10. I have an old-fashioned mind about honor: “eye for an eye” and things like that. (The heart of the angel)
Honor or resentment? Anyway, another movie in which Robert De Niro plays a bad boy.
11. There are three ways of doing things: the right one, the wrong one, and mine. (Casino)
On the particular ethics of bookmakers.
12. Give this ox a stage where he can show his bravery, because although mine is to fight more I would like to know how to recite … It’s a spectacle. (Wild bull)
Play a stubborn and courageous boxer.
13. The difference between me and the preacher is that the preacher works for God … and I am God. (Men of honor)
Another character characterized by his grandiloquence and his narcissistic spirit.
14. I would love to hear them vibrate when they hear me recite Shakespeare. A horse, my kingdom for a horse, I take six months without winning a bet. (Wild bull)
Boxer and poet: two sides of the same coin?
15. Don’t get attached to anything you can’t let go in less than 30 seconds when the cop is walking on your heels. (Heat)
One of the laws of criminal gangs.
16. If there is doubt, it is because there is no doubt. (Heat)
A curious phrase from Robert De Niro that can motivate us to act.
17. There’s no one else here … Are you talking to me? (Taxi driver)
In front of the mirror, the distraught taxi driver was having this hypothetical conversation.
18. Loneliness has always haunted me. All over. In bars and cars, streets, shops … everywhere. I have no escape. I am the only man of God. (Taxi driver)
A gray taxi driver pondering his existence before taking action.
19. By the way … if I talk to you I become a queer, I will kill him. (Dangerous therapy)
An ironic phrase in his role as a newly released patient.
20. They call it 6 pesetas because it goes from difficult to difficult. (Dangerous therapy)
From the same movie as the previous one, in this case, it’s ironic of an excessively boastful type.
21. Look at the trunk of this car, it’s huge, it can hold 2 or 3 corpses. (Dangerous therapy)
Always faithful to black humor.
20. You go further with a nice word and a gun, than with just a nice word. (The Untouchables by Elliot Ness)
Perhaps Robert De Niro’s phrase that best defines his acting career: a mixture of dark humor and criminal spirit.
23. At night, people of all classes come out. Whores, pimps, thieves, drug dealers … One day, a rain will fall which will clean the streets of this filth. (Taxi driver)
A final thought on the decline of New York.
24. According to a recent survey, women say they feel more comfortable undressing in front of men than in front of women. They say they are getting too critical; while we men just become grateful.
From a recent interview, she talks about women’s fear of being judged by other women.
25. It is said that there is not enough religion for people to love each other, but for them to hate each other. (The heart of the angel)
Another line from De Niro that helps us reflect on our beliefs.