Robin williams (1951-2014) was a famous American film actor, especially in the comedy genre.
Born in Chicago, this phenomenal artist has starred in films such as Jumanji, Hook, Vietnam, The Indomitable Will Hunting, The Bicentennial Man and many other films that have made us laugh and cry. He was an Oscar winner.
Unforgettable Phrases by Robin Williams
Passed away in 2014 when he decided life wasn’t right for him anymore, Robin Williams has left a void in the hearts of millions of fans around the world.
After a few years where we had the idea that we will never see him smile again, we can at least remember his philosophy of life through the best phrases of Robin Williams.
1. I used to think that the worst thing in life was to be alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is meeting people who make you feel lonely.
Perhaps his most memorable sentence, full of melancholy.
2. No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.
Ideas that move the world.
3. They just give you a little sparkle of madness. You must not miss it.
If you lose it, you are lost.
4. Carpe diem. Live in the moment.
Enjoy it, personalize it.
5. Men can only be truly free in dreams. It was always like that and always will be.
Unfortunately, reality limits us a lot.
6. Some are born tall. Some reach for greatness. Others take it as a graduation gift.
Beautiful reflection of Robin Williams.
7. There is a lot to learn and there are always great things out there. Even mistakes can be wonderful.
The magic of little things.
8. The good thing is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.
9. Live in the moment, there is nothing more important.
Another phrase related to the Carpe Diem.
10. Spring is the natural way to say: let’s party!
This is how nature warns us that she wants to live.
11. The thought is real and the illusion is physical.
Williams in a metaphysical moment.
12. Today will not be repeated. Live each moment intensely.
Honesty and the reality of the present moment.
13. It is good to be in the same room with people and to create something together.
About the benefits of teamwork.
14. I’m sorry, if you were right, I would agree with you.
The truth has only one way.
15. I want to rehabilitate the wine country just to leave my options open.
His personal redemption.
16. If women ruled the world, we wouldn’t have wars, only intense negotiations, every 28 days.
An ironic phrase about the cyclical mood swings of women.
17. Never fight with an ugly person, they have nothing to lose.
18. Laughter is essential to a good friendship.
A comedy genius was quite clear.
19. Stop suffering, there is no time for it.
Life is too short.
20. I love children, but it’s a difficult audience.
It’s hard to entertain.
21. You never looked at a woman and felt vulnerable, and you never saw yourself reflected in her eyes. You didn’t think that God put an angel on earth for you, because He will save you from the wells of hell, nor what it feels like to be His angel and give Him your love and give it forever.
On the difficulty of pleasing a woman.
22. People say satire is dead. She is not dead; she’s alive and well in the White House.
Sarcasm against American power.
23. Reality is only a crutch for people who cannot cope with drugs
Robin Williams’ sentence, perhaps deeper than it seems.
24. The second amendment states that we have the right to bear arms and not artillery.
On American laws.
25. Be my own teacher. Such a thing would be better than all the magic and all the treasures in the world.
About his philosophy of life.
26. The comedy acts with optimism.
Positivity in their profession.
27. Comedy can be a cathartic way to deal with your personal trauma.
Psychological trauma is more bearable when we rely on this tool.
28. Improvisation sometimes works, other times it doesn’t, but when it does, it’s like an open field of performance.
Freedom of movement on stage and its risks.
29. You have the idea that you had better keep working or people will forget about you. And that is what is dangerous.
The need for applause is a double-edged sword.
30. I think it’s great when the stories are dark in color and weirdly personal.
His favorite films were of this type.
31. You cannot tell me how it feels when you wake up next to a woman and your happiness overwhelms you.
There’s no way to put that feeling into words.
32. I would rather die like a man than live eternity like a machine.
Fragment of the bicentennial man.
33. Cocaine is God’s way of saying you have too much money.
Funny thought on this expensive drug.
34. God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood to make them both work at the same time.
One of his most famous sneaky phrases.
35. We had gay thieves the other night. They broke and rearranged the furniture.
Echo a stereotype.
36. Turn off the TV and become an interesting person. Act.
Passivity gets you nowhere.
37. A woman would never make a nuclear bomb. They would never make a weapon that kills, no, no. They would make a weapon that would make you feel bad for a while.
Humor in its purest form.
38. Reality: what a concept!
One of those philosophical phrases from Robin Williams.
39. It’s hard to read an article that says bad things about yourself. It’s like someone stabbed you in the heart, but I’m the toughest critic in my job.
Self-demand is above external criticism.
40. Cricket is essentially valium baseball.
Compare the two sports.
41. We choose who we let into our world.
Therefore, it is necessary to choose well.
42. The idea of having a stable job is attractive.
But it might not be very exciting.
43. If we are fighting against evil, we are fighting the most terrible of all: indifference.
A sentence to reflect on our ethical scale.
44. I love you without knowing how, when or where. I love you directly without problem or pride, therefore I love you because I don’t know how to love otherwise. So close that your hand on my chest is my hand, so close that your eyes close with my sleep.
A romantic declaration of love.
45. You are not perfect, my friend. And I saved the suspense. The girl you met isn’t perfect either. The only thing that matters is whether they are perfect as a couple.
Imperfect individuals can form an ideal union.
46. It is only by dreaming that we have freedom, it always has been and always will be.
About the dream world.
47. That you are here, that there is life and identity, that the mighty drama continues, and that you can contribute with a verse.
A poetic phrase from this god of comedy.
48. What sets us apart are imperfections.
Reflection to love each other more.
49. I am the fool who believes that laughter heals all.
An excellent form of therapy.
50. We all need to be accepted, but they must understand that their convictions are theirs, they belong to them (…) even if the whole flock says: it is not fair! Robert Frost said: Two paths diverge in a forest, and I took the less busy of the two, and that’s what changed everything. I want them to find their own way.
51. You don’t know what it feels like to lose someone, because you will only know it when you love someone more than yourself. I doubt you dared to love him like that.
Love and its limits.
52. There is a time for courage and a time for prudence and what is intelligent sets them apart.
You have to know how to calibrate them situations.
53. No matter what they say, words and ideas can change the world.
This is undoubtedly so.
54. Robert Frost said: two roads opened up in front of me, but I was the one who traveled the least and that made all the difference.
Paraphrasing one of his literary idols.
55. I climbed to my table to remember that we have to see it differently. The world is different from here.
Well understood eccentricity.
56. Divorces. From the Latin expression meaning: to pluck the genitals of a man, with his wallet.
Ironic sentence against certain legal practices.
57. Being divorced does not mean that you have an obligation to hate him.
In the line of the previous sentence.
58. I went to the woods because I wanted to live conscientiously, I wanted to live fully and extract the whole source of life, and put aside everything that was not life, so as not to find out at the time of my death that I had not experienced.
In contact with mother nature.
59. There is still a lot to learn and there are still great things out there. Even mistakes can be wonderful.
Everything can be learned.
60. I try to make sense of things. That’s why, I think, I believe in fate. There must be a reason why I am the way I am. There must be.
About his philosophical beliefs.
61. I think the saddest people always do their best to make people happy. Because they know what it’s like to feel absolutely worthless and they don’t want anyone to feel that way.
His point of view on people with a depressive tendency.
62. You will have a bad time, but the things you haven’t paid attention to will always wake you up.
Small things can become important.
63. Enjoy the day. Because, believe it or not, each of us in this room will one day stop breathing.
You have to take advantage of every moment.
64. Death is nature’s way of saying, “Your table is ready”.
There is nothing more to do.
65. Everyone you know is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.
A beautiful reflection on relationships with others.
66. You should strive to find your own voice, because the longer you wait to start, the less likely you are to find it.
We must progress gradually towards this end.
67. Never say goodbye because to say goodbye means to leave, and to leave means to forget.
A “see you later” is always preferable.
68. More than anything, I want to thank my dad up there, the man who, when I said I wanted to be an actor, said, “Wonderful. Just have a support job like welding.”
About the understandable fears of Robin Williams’ father.
69. I have always thought that the idea of education was to learn to think for oneself.
Forging your own criteria is essential.
70. Don’t worry too much. Because at the end of the day, none of us have a lot of time on this earth. Life is ephemeral. And if you ever feel anxious, look at the summer sky.
Wisdom in its purest form.