Rumi was an Islamic scholar and theologian of Persian origin from the 13th century. Author of the text called the Ma’arif, he is considered one of the great pillars of Sufi culture. The influences of this great writer have spread throughout the Muslim world and even beyond.
The particular way of observing the life that Rumi shows in his works can be fully accepted in the Western world today. Many of the existential questions that we can all ask ourselves today, he has asked himself throughout his existence.
Excellent phrases and thoughts from Rumi
If you want to know a little more about this interesting Persian thinker, Below is a selection of Rumi’s 80 best phrases, Which can help you discover new ways of understanding the world around us.
1. Don’t settle for stories, how things turned out for others. Reveal your own myth.
We must strive to make our own dreams come true, to be bold.
2. Answer every call that excites your mind.
In life, we need to focus on what appeals to us the most and makes us individuals.
3. Work at least as hard in the invisible world as you do in the visible.
Devoting part of our time to intellectual tasks can bring us great benefits.
4. You have to demolish parts of a building to restore it and the same goes for a spiritless life.
We can all come to rebuilding our lives and rejecting those things that we don’t need.
5. Become in paradise. Use an ax against the prison wall. Escape.
We have the capacity to make our dreams come true, but we must also have the necessary attitude.
6. Each one was made for a particular work, and the desire for that work was placed in every heart.
Finding what we were born to be is up to ourselves.
7. I resist iron to the biggest magnet there is.
Resisting the negative temptations that life can present to us will help us achieve our goals.
8. Before death takes what has been given to you, give what you have to give.
Before we die, we must leave our material possessions in our next circles.
9. Who gets up early to know when the light starts?
He who begins his work in the early hours of the day, luck will accompany him.
10. Fon la neu. Wash yourself.
With our will, we can redo what we don’t like about ourselves.
11. Isn’t it time to turn your heart to a temple of fire?
It depends on our will to be able to achieve our personal goals.
12. What you are looking for is you.
What we most desire in life is waiting to be found.
13. There is a source within you. Don’t walk with an empty bucket.
We have all the qualities necessary to achieve our goals, but it is up to us to be aware of them.
14. Put your thoughts to sleep, do not let them cast a shadow on the moon of your heart.
Negative thoughts and doubts can be a big obstacle to doing what we really want to accomplish, we have to ignore it.
15. Let the waters calm down and you will see the moon and the stars reflected in your own being.
With a calm mind, we will be more aware of the situation we find ourselves in.
16. Don’t grieve, whatever you lose comes back another way.
In life we all suffer from ups and downs and as we live we can rely on them.
17. Beauty surrounds us, but we generally need to walk in a garden to know it.
Often times we are unaware of how lucky we are in life. We need to stop to reflect and discover these positive aspects that we have in our lives.
18. There is a basket of fresh bread in your head and yet you go door to door asking for crusts.
Not listening to our thoughts and getting carried away by the opinions of others is something we usually do, we have to think through and be aware of what we want.
19. My soul comes from somewhere else, I’m sure, and I intend to get there.
Is there really a soul? It’s up to us to appreciate it.
20. This is how we are with wine and good food. We fly and get drunk, then comes the headache and hangover.
Abusing certain pleasures will undoubtedly wreak havoc on us in the long run.
21. There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the earth.
The same act can be represented in many ways and has many different meanings as well.
22. God moves you from one feeling to another and teaches you through opposites, so that you have two wings to fly, not one.
The positive and negative aspects of life teach us the difference between them so that we know how to appreciate them.
23. When you do things with your soul, you feel a river moving within you, a joy. When the action comes from another section, the feeling disappears.
Those actions that we carry out from our most absolute conviction are those that will bring us more inner growth and personal pleasure.
24. My head explodes with the joy of strangers. My heart expands a thousand times.
The pursuit of happiness is something that we all pursue and experience in very different ways in our lives.
25. Some things open our wings, others take away boredom and pain.
The positive experiences we have make life worth living, comforting and motivating us.
26. This is how I will die in the love I have for you: like pieces of cloud dissolved in the light of the sun.
Love can be a very powerful force and live in us throughout our lifetimes.
27. I do not repent of all that I love and I avoid those who repent of their passion.
We must not regret what we once did for our personal satisfaction, because in life, this is what we will wear.
28. Silence is the language of God, everything else is a bad translation.
In silence, all peoples are equal, languages separate peoples and make differences between individuals.
29. The morning breeze has secrets to tell you. Do not fall asleep.
During the night, we can use our free time to reflect and engage our thoughts.
30. Where there is ruin, there is hope for treasure.
To be able to improve in one aspect, it must always be improved, the greatest empires have emerged from the most calamitous situations.
31. Do not think that the garden loses its ecstasy in winter. He is silent, but his roots are below.
Even when all seems lost, there is always the possibility of starting over and rebuilding everything we once had.
32. Elevate your words, don’t see it. It’s the rain that makes the flowers grow, not the thunder.
In life, to thrive, we need our ideas to be able to achieve glory.
33. Love comes with a knife, not with a timid question, and not with fears for reputation.
Love can be a very painful thing and when it has hurt us it is very difficult to trust it again.
34. This love is the rose that blooms forever.
Love can be imperishable and live forever in our being.
35. It is only with the heart that you can touch the sky.
Without love and passion, we will never achieve what we most desire in life, happiness.
36. Don’t look back. Keep your gaze on the bandaged spot. This is where the light comes in.
Our injuries allow us to learn from mistakes and improve as individuals so that it doesn’t happen again.
37. Water fruit trees, not thorns.
We must value what brings us the most in life and take care of it as it is. deserved.
38. How can I know anything from the past or the future when the light of my loved one is only shining now.
The only thing we really have in life is the present, the past cannot be changed, and the future has not yet arrived.
39. The pain we embrace becomes joy. Carry it in your arms where it can change.
Knowing how to understand why something is hurting us will allow us to understand where we have failed and how we can avoid it.
40. Allow yourself to be silenced by the biggest attraction that you truly love.
Fight to make them come true our dreams are something that should be our top priority.
41. Become living poetry.
Self-improvement and personal growth must accompany us all along our existential path.
42. Dance in the middle of the fight. Dance in your blood. Dance when you are perfectly free.
The attitude we put in life will be our key to opening the doors of happiness.
43. The time has come to unite soul and world. Now is the time to see the sunlight and the darkness as one.
Believing in ourselves is extremely important, being aware of our strengths and weaknesses so that we can benefit from them.
44. Take sips of this pure flowing wine. Don’t worry, he gave you a dirty drink.
We shouldn’t give more importance to things that don’t really matter.
45. Whether it is a lamp, a lifeboat or a ladder. It helps to heal someone’s soul. Come out of your house like a shepherd.
Helping others in their own way will also help us in our own, as life will pay us with the same currency we pay with.
46. Light up your life. Look for those who kindle your flames.
Those who support us in life as friends and as families will be the ones who push us to achieve our vital goals.
47. Then worry about what you really value and let the thief take something else.
We do not need material goods that do not bring us happiness, we must know how to get rid of everything that is not really essential to us.
48. Cleanse your eyes and look at the purity of the world. Your life will be filled with radiant forms.
The world is a wonderful place full of positive aspects, but it is up to us how to give it that interpretation.
49. The center of the visible and invisible universe smiles, but remember that smiles come better than those who cry.
We must help the afflicted and comfort them, for a happy world is a better world for all.
50. There is a way of breathing which is a shame and a suffocation, and there is another way of exhaling, a breath of love, which allows one to open up to infinity.
Giving is better than receiving, because with the act of giving we are helping someone and we are also enriching ourselves.
51. Come here where the roses have opened. May the soul and the world know each other.
Finding spiritual and spiritual peace depends on our predisposition to it.
52. Ignorance is the prison of God. Wisdom is the palace of God.
Everything we learn throughout our lives will help us be more complete and happier people.
53. A secret freedom opens through a crack that can hardly be seen.
The little things in life are the ones that make us the happiest, because with them we find our inner peace.
54. Sell your intelligence and buy amazement.
Our thoughts are what motivates us in our professional activity, with them we can reach the top.
55. When you start to stray from the path, the path appears.
By leaving our comfort zone, we can find a new way of seeing life and being able to live in a much more complete way.
56. I lived on the verge of madness, wanting to know the reasons and knocking on a door. He had called from inside!
In order to know what we want in life, we must first ask ourselves.
57. The scar is where the light enters you.
Through our mistakes, we can improve as individuals and grow in our personal lives.
58. Your legs will become heavy and tired. Then comes the time to feel the wings you have lifted.
Freedom of thought allows us to move in time and space without leaving a room, it is the only freedom they can ever take away from us.
59. He who knows the power of dancing lives in God.
Dancing can help us a lot physically and spiritually, it has many positive aspects.
60. Today, like any other day, we wake up empty and scared. Let the beauty we love be what we do.
Every day we live in is an opportunity to do what we really want to do.
61. There’s a morning in you waiting to burst into the light.
It’s up to us to take this first step to start the path that will lead us to our happiness
62. If you could spread your wings and free your soul from jealousy, you and everyone around you would fly high like doves.
We must let others seek their own happiness and rejoice when we create that they have found it.
63. Keep on screaming and the inner joy will eventually open up, and you will see who is here.
We must be persistent and, in the end, life will open the doors of happiness to us.
64. In your light, I am learning to love. In your beauty how to write poems. You dance in my chest, where no one sees you, but sometimes I do and that light becomes that art.
When we feel love for a person, it can inspire us to improve as individuals, to be our muse.
65. You were born with wings. Why do you prefer to crawl through life?
We don’t have to put limits on life, we can do whatever we set out to do.
66. Why should I stay at the bottom of a well with a strong rope in my hand?
Finding the path we want to follow in life depends on ourselves, we must realize that it has always been there while waiting for us to follow it.
67. Why are you so enchanted by this world when a gold mine is beating within you?
In us we have all the qualities necessary to reach the highest level, we have to polish our imperfections in order to shine in life.
68. Lovers are nowhere to be found. They meet all the time.
Love between two people is something that arises without anyone being able to avoid it and appears in the most unexpected places.
69. To change, a person must face the dragon of his appetites with another dragon, the life energy of the soul.
We have decided with our thoughts how we really are, the only way to change as individuals is to change the way we think.
70. Use gratitude as a mantle and it will nourish every corner of your life.
Being grateful to those around us will help us build better personal relationships in life.
71. Here is a letter for everyone. Open-. said; “Living.”
We need to live life to the fullest and enjoy every second it gives us.
72. These pains that you feel are messengers. Listen to them.
When something brings us sadness or worry, we have to let go, it doesn’t do us any good.
73. Free yourself from your worries. Why are you staying in jail when the door is so wide? Get out of the mess of fear.
Often we are the ones who boycott each other with our thoughts, we have to trust our abilities.
74. Yesterday he was smart, so he wanted to change the world. Today I am good, so I want to change.
In order to be able to change our lives, the first thing we need to change is ourselves, our thoughts and our concerns.
75. Your task is not to seek love, but to seek and find the barriers within yourself that you have built against. him.
We ourselves are our greatest enemies and those who hurt us the most every day.
76. Sow the love of the saints in your spirit; Do not give your heart to anything except the love of those with happy hearts.
We must love those who bring us the most happiness in our lives, those who positively add to their own love for us.
77. Beyond the ideas of good and bad, there is a field. There we will meet. When the soul falls asleep on this grass, the world is too full to speak.
If there is one beyond, one day we will all find ourselves in it. Rumi firmly believed in its existence.
78. Stop acting so small. You are the universe in static motion.
We can be whatever we want to be, our actions and our thoughts will allow us to.
79. We are born of love; Love is our mother.
Love is one of the forces by which society evolves, without it our lives become much more unsatisfying.
80. When the lips are silent, the heart has a hundred languages.
Love is manifested by our actions, not by our words, by an act that we can prove to anyone, even if they speak to us in another language.