Salma Hayek Jimenez, More commonly known as Salma Hayek, is a famous actress of Mexican origin born in the year 1966 in Coatzacoalcos, State of Veracruz.
During her career, this great actress managed to be nominated for many awards, including the famous Oscar. Many of his films have been acclaimed by the general public and have allowed Latin culture to be much more present in American cinema today.
The most famous quotes of actress Salma Hayek
Some of his most famous films are: “Desperado”, “Wild Wild West”, “Frida” or the famous “Open till dawn”, being in each of them an essential part of the film’s plot. .
If you want to know more about this great actress, Below you can enjoy a brief selection of Salma Hayek’s 70 best quotes, A few sentences with which you will discover your personality and more deeply rooted values.
1. When I first came to Hollywood, I was told to date an agent because it was good for my career. So I went to a party with him because it was good for my “career”. Well, he thought it was a big date. Needless to say, he was very upset.
Personal relationships can be important in our career, but we should never think of them as a quick fix to success.
2. My driving skills in Mexico helped me get through Hollywood.
In the United States, road transport is the order of the day, most trips are by private car.
3. I’m still waiting to meet a man who has more balls than me.
Hayek is aware of her strong temper, she is certainly a woman who will never allow herself to be dominated or manipulated by anything or anyone.
4. And I highly recommend him to every woman in the world, even though they’re 71, you can never take for granted that he loves you. It’s always good to flirt with him. It’s a great sport.
Both parties are responsible for keeping the flame alive in a relationship, man and woman must do their part to make this possible.
5. The way I would describe my characters is absolutely different from the way I would describe myself.
As we all know she is a woman with a lot of nuance, her roles never accurately represent how she is in real life.
6. For myself, I must say that I like to work a lot too, but I don’t like to work more. The perfect scenario is when you step out of work and know something has to happen, then you have four, five, six months off. But you know you’ll get a job later.
Rest is important for everyone, thanks to it we have managed to find each other and we can be happier.
7. For my gift, Colin Farrell gave me a first edition book. I got so involved with this character and was so sad at the end of the movie that when I got home and tried to read the book I was really excited and started crying .
Certainly a very nice gift from another great celluloid genius like Colin Farrell.
8. I also have a movie called “Breaking Up,” and my part wasn’t written for a Latina, and my character isn’t particularly pretty, sexy, or exotic.
Hayek’s capacities for action are not limited to her physique, she is able to transmit a lot of emotions when she faithfully plays her role.
9. I have become obsessed with all these women who die without feeling that they have done anything extraordinary with their lives.
Like many other people, this great actress also seeks professional success, for that she has to be the best possible version of herself.
10. Ready for a life full of movies.
The life of this great woman is a life totally dedicated to the world of cinema and what is undoubtedly her great passion, the theater.
11. I made a film and now I’m going to edit.
Not content with being one of Hollywood’s most beloved actresses, she has also directed her own films and will soon hesitate to delve into editing her own films.
12. I have a Mexican accent, but that doesn’t mean I’m a Latin vampire.
In the acclaimed film “Open Until Dawn”, this actress plays the role of an attractive vampire. A role that has certainly remained like a ring on her finger.
13. I have a farm and love it. There really is nothing to do, but even watching the chickens is fun.
The tranquility of a farm can be perhaps the best solution to our headaches, especially when trying to escape the hectic world of cinema.
14. I have a small house, so I borrow everything except art, that’s what I love.
Art has always been very important to this great actress, it is certainly her love of art that led her to embark on comedy.
15. I don’t see women and I see them as competition or judgment. Women really move me. I feel connected to all kinds of women. I am angry because I think we have been mistreated throughout history in different countries including the United States. I admire women.
The role of women has always been devalued throughout history, but with great women like Salma Hayek, this is something that will definitely change forever.
16. I know the only reason I haven’t received a lot of good articles is because I’m Latin, and I’ve been told this over and over.
When this actress arrived in the United States, Latinos did not have the general good opinion they enjoy today. Thanks to women like her, the situation of these people has improved significantly over the years.
17. I have proven to myself that if I believe in something and decide to do it, I can achieve it.
Being positive will lead us to achieve our goals, if we fight for them and persevere, we will definitely be able to achieve all of our dreams.
18. I think it’s good for women to try to be sexy for their man.
Both men and women should strive to be the best possible version of ourselves physically, emotionally and spiritually.
19. I really adore Diana Ross; I grew up listening to their records. I grew up in a small town in Mexico so even though we had the music we never had the experience of seeing it.
From an early age, this famous actress was very drawn to the music of the great American star Diana Ross. Certainly a very curious fact that many of you probably did not know.
20. I don’t think she’s a femme fatale when you don’t do it to manipulate men or to be like a black widow. She loves him. She does it for love. She wants him to stay with her.
As a good Latin woman, this great actress is represented in several of her roles as a woman with a strong temperament and with a great capacity to improve herself.
21. I want to work a long, long time and keep growing in my job, and if I’m really lucky and very lucky, maybe somewhere along the line there will be a movie that becomes a classic.
As a great professional who is this wonderful woman, she is totally determined to work as much as possible throughout her career.
22. I work well, but play very well.
A person’s way of being can largely determine their success in the future.
23. My new movie, “Fools Rush In”, is a romantic comedy and the girl I’m playing is very warm, very sweet.
Obviously the best actors in the world are the ones who can play a lot of different roles. The larger our record, the more chances we have of succeeding in the world of theater.
24. Producing is hell, writing is frustrating, acting is truly satisfying, directing is heaven.
The director of a film has a great responsibility on his back, but he also has the capacity to be able to create it to his liking.
25. It is necessary so keep waiting and then they give you the script and it’s terrible. Then you have to go rewrite and they are very upset because you didn’t like it. I went through this for seven years.
The script of a film is a key factor, if we don’t have a good script ours film will never be a success.
26. If you give me a problem in the United States, I can trace it back to domestic violence. It is the cradle of most problems, economic, psychological, educational.
Domestic violence is a major problem that society must tackle as quickly as possible. It is perhaps one of the greatest international evils of today.
27. Some men have a silly theory about beautiful women: that at some point they will turn into a monster. This movie gave them a chance to see what happened.
We all go through stages throughout our lives, men and women change during each of them as we mature.
28. There was no Oscar winner. There was only one woman who won at the Cannes Film Festival.
Many professional sectors have always kept women in an undeserved second place. Society today must fight hard for these nefarious conditions to change forever.
29. There is an unconscious way of taking violence as a form of expression, as a normality, and it has many effects on young people, on the way they absorb education and what they hope to gain from it. life.
Education is a key factor for the proper development of all young people, because a society without education is certainly a society doomed to failure.
30. The important thing is to believe in something so firmly that you never get discouraged.
We must persevere and never stop fighting for what we want. Having faith in our possibilities will allow us to be successful.
31. There is a lot about the character. It doesn’t always happen, but there are characters that you really bond with, almost like they’re your friends. And you never come back to your head or think like them.
Certain characters mark a before and an after in the life of many actors, being from that moment another part of their own personality.
32. I was offered this film before making Frida and I said, no, I’m not capable of directing. Then, after seeing Julie directly, she inspired me. She motivated me to do it, because we don’t have role models as women for directors.
We should never say “no” to a possible adventure, life can be truly wonderful if we let it happen on its own.
33. They stole my heart too, but I went to get it every time!
Loves play a very important role in the life of the vast majority of people, with them we learn to enjoy life and all that it offers us much more.
34. When it is important for you to say something and to find a way to say it, do it. It’s so weird when this happens, so I think every minute you spend fighting for it is always worth it. Even if nothing happens, it’s still worth fighting for.
We need to express ourselves whenever we feel the vital need to do so, so we can be much happier in our personal life.
35. Any woman who thinks she is the only victim of violence should know that there is much more.
Violence against women is more common than many people realize, unfortunately too many women are victims of violence on a daily basis in all countries of the world.
36. I have stolen some hearts and they are in my private collection!
These people who were important to us will always have a place in our hearts, the love that we one day feel for them will be something that will accompany us forever.
37. No woman should be the victim of physical violence. Women need to feel that they are not alone.
Society must act with total force against all those who attack women.
38. People often say that “beauty is in the eye of the beholder,” and I say the most liberating thing about beauty is realizing that you are the beholder. It allows us to find beauty in places where others have not dared to look, even in ourselves.
We shouldn’t be ashamed of presenting ourselves to society as we are, because we are all beautiful when we are honest with ourselves.
39. What works in a very public relationship is not to make the relationship public, to keep it as personal as possible. It’s the only way it’s real.
Relationships with celebrities are often very complicated, keeping them a secret can be a determining factor in making them work over time.
40. If I diet and exercise, I’m always in a bad mood. I prefer to be a little heavier but nice.
Strict eating can have many side effects, one of which is bad mood. Maintaining a balanced diet and an active lifestyle will allow us to avoid these side effects that are so undesirable of all.
41. I love food and I love to eat.
This actress is definitely a food fan, for her there is nothing better than a good and hearty family meal.
42. If a man lets all my dogs sleep in bed with us, then that’s the most romantic. You have to love my dogs to love me. A man who is kind to my animals and doesn’t scare them, well, he’s the height of romance.
Dogs are very important to anyone lucky enough to own one, our canine friends are, as we all know, a totally indispensable part of all of our families.
43. I don’t want to be size zero and I’m glad I’m not.
The fashion industry shouldn’t rule the life of a boy or a girl, the size we have today doesn’t determine how good we really are.
44. It seems commonplace to hunt nice men, but when they hurt you a lot, it becomes attractive.
Finding certain qualities in our partner is something we all tend to do and even more so when we have come out of some previous relationships that are a bit crooked.
45. I didn’t think marriage was working. I thought all married people were secretly unhappy, which they just endured for their children.
Marriage can be fantastic or nightmarish, it will depend on who is in that relationship.
46. Don’t try to dress like me or use your hair like mine. Find your own style.
Having our own style will help us find our place in society. We must be as we are at all times, always keeping ourselves completely transparent to others.
47. I love to cook for my husband and my daughter. I like to go to the fresh vegetable market.
The little pleasures in life are much more appreciated, when we finally find our soul mate.
48. I love being a housewife and a housewife because it is my choice. My husband is not expected to do this. I don’t mind doing things for him because he does a lot for me; we both feel that, so there is no power struggle.
In order to have a successful relationship, both parties need to put their best foot forward. Any relationship needs the initiative of both parties to work.
49. Life is hard; and if you have the ability to laugh at it, you have the ability to enjoy it.
Humor can help us to be much happier, thanks to it we will be able to overcome the most complicated problems with which life will strike us.
50. Do you know how men behave when they are all together? Well, the “Desperate” set was like that. They were all trying to humiliate by saying: Door to be doubled, Salma can’t do that. But I did everything.
This Mexican actress is capable of doing whatever she sets out to do, no one should ever think otherwise as she could definitely bring a big surprise.
51. You can be a thousand different women. It is up to you to choose what you want to be. It is about freedom and sovereignty. Celebrate who you are. You say, “This is my kingdom.”
Every woman is free to do with her personal and professional life whatever she wants, life can be truly wonderful if we decide to take advantage of all that she has to offer.
52. I had to endure the worst time ever in terms of racial discrimination in Hollywood when I first started. For American directors and producers, it was inconceivable that a Mexican woman could play a leading role.
Latinos, as can be seen in this sentence, were discriminated against when this actress arrived in the United States, a very negative attitude that this American nation arguably had to change.
53. I work hard, make a living and love it. I like to have financial independence.
Being financially independent is something very appreciated by this great woman, it is undoubtedly an aspect which allows her to be much more autonomous in the face of a possible unexpected situation.
54. I’ll tell you, there is nothing better in life than to flourish late. I believe that success can come at any time and at any age.
Success can come at any age, we must never stop fighting for our dreams.
55. Hollywood has definitely grown, embracing the inclusion of Latinos in the world, because, for some time, we haven’t been around. We weren’t part of any story.
In the past Latinos had things much more difficult than they are today, without a doubt this is a very positive change in American society.
56. I don’t want to be completely dependent on anyone.
As the strong woman that she is, she will never depend on a third person. Her work and efforts have always allowed her to live by her own rules.
57. I am not a skinny girl. I’m pushing, I’m on the verge of fat all the time, but I’m happy all the time.
Weight control has always been a bit tricky for her, as a big food fan her desire to eat at all times makes this task much more difficult.
58. You can have spiritual awakening and discover a new side of yourself at any age. And best of all, love can happen at any age. Life can start to get exciting between the ages of 40 and 50. You have to believe it.
You never know the twists and turns that life will take, any moment can be the right one to fight for what you want.
59. I have noticed in the past that a lot of men who like strong women are really afraid of not being strong 24/7. Or they complain that you are strong, and when. you’re not strong, they say, “Oh, no, no, no”.
Relationships between men and women can make us experience truly surreal situations. Finding our perfect match can be something that takes us a lifetime.
60. They all have a weakness. Mine is the food.
We all have our own weaknesses, maybe the love of food is a weakness that many of us also share.
61. I have no resistance to exercise … But I do have it in life.
Exercise may not be this remarkable artist’s great passion, but it hasn’t deprived her of living a totally fulfilling and fulfilling life.
62. They never did anything to the face. I have never had any dermabrasion, exfoliation or injections of any kind, nothing.
A lot of public figures tend to have all these little things they don’t like about them. It is a decision that we must all be able to decide individually.
63. I am a country girl, I have to be in nature, so my daughter is very exposed.
Living in nature is something that many people love, and being surrounded by constant people can be very beneficial for our health.
64. At one point in my life, I was very involved in social causes. I’m still involved, but now I have a family and that’s important to me.
Whoever has the most money can be the one who gives the most money to social causes. If life has been kind to us, this might be a good time to return the favor.
65. I think it’s important that children have responsibilities and understand the value of things, but I think it’s great to be able to travel the world with my daughter.
Instilling the right values in our children will definitely be something that will help them throughout their life.
66. I have had a friend since I was born and she is from Coatzacoalcos. She isn’t really impressed or interested in the actor’s life. My family isn’t really either.
True friends will always stay with us, no matter how successful we are.
67. I have never denied my background or my culture. I taught my daughter to embrace her Mexican heritage, to love my native language, Spanish, to learn about Mexican history, music, folk art, food and even the Mexican sweets with which I grew up.
Our roots will always be very important to all of us, which is why it is very important that our children know very clearly where they are from.
68. I have tried all my life to represent my Mexican roots with honor and pride.
The country we come from will always be in our hearts. This great actress is very clear that she will never forget what her origins were.
69. Find your own style. Don’t spend your savings trying to be someone else. You are no longer important, smarter or prettier because you are wearing a designer dress.
Money doesn’t automatically make us more attractive, jewelry or dresses can’t hide who we really are.
70. My English was limited to vacations and was not really about Americans. I knew English by “buy” and “eat”: I could say “blue sweater”, “crème brûlée” and “Caesar salad”, so I came here thinking I spoke English.
English is a language that takes time to master and, like any Spanish speaker, Salma Hayek also had to devote time to study in order to learn it perfectly.