Mr. Sean connery (1930) is a famous British actor and producer who won the Oscar in 1987 for the film “The Untouchables of Elliot Ness”.
Sean Connery has always stood out for his gallant appearance on the big screen and his perceptive intelligence, this great actor was so beloved by British audiences that Queen Elizabeth II named him “Sir” in 2000, the work Connery performed. as the image of this nation throughout his career will last forever.
Best quotes and thoughts from Sean Connery
The characters he played during his career were very diverse, with them he always stood out for his great know-how and his manners, would you like to know a little more about this great actor?
In the following collection of phrases you will find Sean Connery’s 75 best quotes that are sure to surprise you.
1. And then I remembered what Charlemagne said: May my armies be the rocks and the trees and the birds of the sky.
An excellent quote that we will all remember from the movie “Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade”.
2. Of course, don’t rely on your experience. But I find it difficult to convince myself that God would introduce such an evil being into creation without giving him some virtues.
Connery has always expressed great conviction in every role he has played.
3. To master nature, we must first learn to obey it.
Sean Connery knew very well how to choose the roles he wanted to play.
4. Maybe love doesn’t make the world go round, but I have to admit the trip is worth it.
The life values of this great actor were reflected in all of his characters.
5. Look my daughter, there are some things that are not allowed, like drinking Don Perignon from 53 on at a temperature over 4, it’s as bad as listening to the Beatles without covering your ears.
One of the most relevant roles he played without a doubt was that of James Bond.
6. – Why do you always carry a gun?
– Hey, I have a slight inferiority complex.
Ingenuity has always accompanied Sean Connery throughout his career.
7. Don’t you confuse love with lust?
Who has never confused these two emotions?
8. -I didn’t know you knew how to fly airplanes.
– Fly yes. Land in the.
The humor Connery used in his roles is something we will always remember.
9. There is no such thing as a challenge in getting the best out of a man.
An appointment that encourages us to be more courageous and daring in life.
10. More than anything, I would like to be a handsome old man, like Hitchcock or Picasso.
In this quote, Connery tells us about his devotion to these two great artists.
11. When something sounds too good to be true, it isn’t.
We need to know when someone is trying to deceive us, this quote encourages us to always seek the truth.
12. – End of the 14th century, Ming dynasty. It breaks our hearts.
– And the head. You brought me to.
– I’ll never forgive myself.
– Don’t worry, I’m fine.
– Thank God. Jejeje. It was wrong. You see it? This can be seen in the profile of the cut.
Connery’s role as father of Indiana Jones is something we will always remember.
13. – Our dog’s name was Indiana!
– Do you call yourself after your dog?
– I really enjoyed this dog!
A really funny quote from Connery in one of his most famous movies.
14. Every now and then I like to go unnoticed.
Sean Connery places great importance on his privacy in his most personal life.
15. The proverbs warn: the woman takes possession of the precious soul of the man. And Ecclesiastes tells us: Woman is more bitter than death.
Connery spoke about women in many of the characters she played, they all had very particular views of them.
16. – Teacher, what language did you speak?
– All languages and none.
A meeting in which once again Connery leaves us with his mouth open thanks to his insight.
17. – Penance.
– What does mean?
– That the hunchback, without a doubt, was once a heretic. The penitenziagite was the war cry of the Dolcinites.
– Dolcinites? Who were they, Master?
– Those who believed in the poverty of Christ. Also the Franciscans. They said everyone must be poor. So they murdered the rich.
Who doesn’t remember that special movie that was The Name of the Rose?
18. – You are in love.
– It’s bad?
– For a monk, this poses certain problems.
– Didn’t Saint Thomas Aquinas preach love before all virtues?
– Yes. Love to God, Adso. Love for God.
– What about love for women?
– Saint Thomas Aquinas knew very little about women. The scriptures are clear.
Connery as William de Baskerville played one of the most important roles of his career.
19. A man who is afraid of nothing is a man who loves nothing, and if you do not love anything, what joy is there in life?
Connery’s search for love has always been with him.
20. – What I just don’t understand is how you can honor the memory of the dead by killing another million. It’s not a fight, it’s an act of madness, General. In my opinion, you are a fucking idiot.
– The tree of freedom must be renewed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants, Thomas Jefferson.
– Patriotism is the virtue of the depraved, Oscar Wilde.
In the movie The Red October Hunt, the Scotsman was nominated for a BAFTA Award for Best Actor.
21. What would be the peace of life without love, security and quiet. And what a blunder.
Without a doubt, life without love would lose much of its appeal.
22. Am I going to do what I can? Chess always pretends to have done what they can. The winners go home and fuck with the dancing queen.
Connery’s characters have always shown the wilder side of this actor.
Sean Connery in his thirties.
23. The search for the Grail is not archeology. It is the fight against evil. If it falls into the hands of the Nazis, the armies of darkness will march on the face of the earth.
In this film from the Indian Jones saga, Connery and Harrison Ford fight hand in hand against the Nazis.
24. I am not English, I have never been English and I do not want to be. I am a Scotsman! I was a Scotsman and will always be a Scotsman.
Connery’s Scottish roots have always been vital to him, he knows full well where he comes from.
25. Do you know a place where God felt comfortable?
Connery is currently believed to reside in Edinburgh, Scotland. The place where he was born.
26. The only proof I see of the devil is everyone’s desire to be here.
The figure of the devil in the film “The Name of the Rose” is openly debated throughout the film.
27. Then we will sail to Havana, where the sun is as hot as the company. A great day comrades. Let’s go through the story.
Connery has played roles that have taken him back in time, from the Middle Ages to the present day (still in acting of course).
28. He might not be a good actor, but it would be even worse if he did something else.
He has always had a very clear vocation as an actor and has also developed the role of producer on several occasions.
29. My best social norm is to treat everyone as I would like them to treat me.
A great quote from Sean Connery which can be a great philosophy for all of us.
30. – We have to loosen the strings. Marcus must be found before the Nazis.
– You said he was two days early, before he disappeared.
– And you believed it? I did it. You know already Marcus. Once he was even lost in his own museum.
In The Last Crusade, humor accompanies Connery’s character throughout the film.
31. – They are trying to kill us.
– I know, father!
– You will understand that this is a new experience for me.
– It happens to me often.
Once again, the Scottish actor shows his sense of humor in this great movie.
32. I love them women. I don’t understand them, but I love them.
The fascination that Connery always felt towards women, led him to live several romances.
33. Laughter kills fear, and without fear there can be no faith. Because without fear of the devil, there is no need of God.
What would God be like if we didn’t need anything from him? Religion often seeks need among its parishioners.
34. I’ve always hated that damn James Bond. I would kill him.
Connery tells us in this quote about this character who made him so happy, the always elegant James Bond 007.
35. When I spoke about Bond with Fleming, he said that when the character was conceived, Bond was a very simple, straightforward and powerful instrument of the police, an officer who would do his job with stubbornness. But it also had many peculiarities considered snobbish, such as the taste of special wines, etc. But if you take Bond in situations where he’s constantly involved, you’ll see he’s a very tough, big, and unusual league that he’s playing in. Therefore, he is absolutely right to satisfy all of his senses, be it sex, wine, food or clothing, because work, and he with it, can end at any time. But the virtues mentioned by Amis – loyalty, honesty – are also present.
Sean Connery has always been able to see in his characters, a little beyond what others can perceive.
36. My name is Bond, James Bond.
One of the phrases that could not be missing in this selection and we will always remember this actor.
37. My Morse is so forgotten that I could send him the measurements of the model of the month.
Another very ingenious quote Sean said in one of the great “The Rock” movies.
38. You are between sword and rock.
The characters that this actor played in his films are always put to the test.
39. I’m tired of saving her ass. I am amazed that he made it past puberty.
Connery’s ingenious quotes delight the viewer.
40. The sea gives each man new hope as sleeping makes him dream, in short ….. Christopher Columbus.
We all pursue our personal goals and Connery’s characters are no exception.
41. The best thing about making a lantern is knowing when to leave it.
Intelligence has always been the greatest attribute of the characters Connery has played.
42. Dear Adso, if I had an answer to everything, I would teach theology in Paris.
Connery is presented to us in several of his films as a true well of wisdom.
43. You will only stop feeling fear when you cut off your head.
Emotions are something that people cannot control, Connery is very clear on this quote.
44. Forget any idea of lost cities, exotic journeys and drilling the world. There are no cards leading to hidden treasures and there is never an “x” marking the spot.
Is there never an “x” to mark the place, or if there is one?
45. I misjudged you Walter, I knew you would sell your mother for an Etruscan drink, but not that you would sell your country and your soul to the scum of humanity.
In this quote, Connery berates his attitude towards the character played by Denholm Elliott in Indiana Jones.
46. Sometimes I want to think … and the solution comes on its own.
Connery manages to always hang out with his, sometimes in the most unexpected ways.
47. There is nothing better than defecating in a good latrine.
In Iron Sergeant Connery plays a hairless character on his tongue.
48. My son, we are pilgrims in a land of infidels.
The situations in which Connery is involved in his films are very diverse.
49. If you cannot serve the sentence, do not commit the crime.
When we take action, we must be prepared for the consequences.
50. If they threaten you, you pull out a pistol, and if they send one of your men to the hospital, you send one of their men to purgatory.
He often played very determined and unpredictable characters.
51. There is now a kind of madness in the cosmopolitan cities.
Throughout his life, Connery has seen the world around him change.
52. When you hear someone from the north of Scotland speak, I find it beautiful, very musical and harmonious.
Nostalgia has always filled Connery’s mind when talking about his homeland.
53. A man walks into a bar with a monkey, I don’t remember the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.
Better not to play with Sean Connery or any of the characters he played.
54. A man is measured against the strength of his enemies.
Men of more power always measure their strengths with others on their own status.
55. There is always a new challenge to keep you motivated.
Life can be wonderful and it’s up to us to make our dreams come true.
56. Some ages, others mature.
The years can work in our favor if we know how to take advantage of them, the experiences we have are always positive.
57. I don’t think there is anything particularly bad about hitting a woman, although I do not recommend that you do it the same way you do hitting a man.
The way the actor spoke on one occasion about the mistreatment of the woman has brought him more than one detractor.
58. I care about Bond and what happens to him. You can’t connect with a character for that long and have no interest. All Bond films have their good points.
The character of James Bond marked Sean Connery for life, it was certainly one of his most relevant roles.
59. You know, my Oscar for Los Intocables is a wonderful thing, but I can honestly say I would have preferred to have won the US Open golf tournament.
He always gave the right importance to his Oscar, he always knew how to touch the ground.
60. I’m fed up with idiots … the growing gap between people who know how to make films and those who give films the green light.
Connery has seen how the film industry has gone through many stages throughout his acting career.
61. I have never soiled a hotel room or used drugs.
Connery’s manners have always been a house mark for this actor.
62. I don’t know anything about baseball.
Being Scottish, Sean Connery does not know American sports.
63. I never kept a record of anything.
The actor has always led his life the way he wanted, simply selecting one of the options presented to him.
64. I am an easy target for my political opinions.
The Scottish actor has always been a staunch supporter of his native Scotland.
65. I’m sick of making bad movies.
At the end of his career, Connery was uncomfortable with the roles offered to him.
66. I spoke to Spielberg, but it didn’t work.
Connery was in contact with Spielberg over a possible Indiana Jones sequel, but they couldn’t come to an agreement.
67. It wasn’t worth going into this world.
Ultimately, he decided to retire and live the rest of his life away from the spotlight.
68. James Bond has neither mother nor father. It didn’t come from nowhere or was nowhere until 007.
The history of James Bond in the movies is a bit confusing and has many aspects that leave the imagination of the public.
69. I have great respect for money. I know how hard it is to earn it and keep it going, especially with our evil taxes in Britain.
In this quote, Connery shows us how money plays a key role in your life.
70. No movie you could make, no matter how good, could compete with the new James Bond.
His fascination with James Bond has been something he has developed over the years.
71. I have always chosen the projects myself.
Connery has always been true to his principles and has personally chosen all of his work.
72. My strength as an actor, I think, is that I have stayed true to myself.
In this quote, Sean Connery tells us how important principles are to him.
73. My wife reads the script and I listen to her opinion.
For the actor, his wife’s opinion has always been very important.
74. So I had to breathe life into an idol.
Sean Connery saves that without him, James Bond would never have been the same.
75. People sometimes ask me why I act. Well, it’s not just for the money. You can also earn money by playing soccer.
Connery was dedicated to acting for the dedication she had to herself, not for money or fame.