Sean Penn (Born 1960) is a California actor born in Santa Monica.
During his remarkable performing career, Sean Penn won two Oscars for his appearance in two unforgettable films: Mystic River (2003) and Milk (2009). He also took part in films directed by Brian de Palma and other great directors of the time.
“The 25 best quotes from Robert De Niro”
“The 36 best quotes from A l’Pacino”
“Robin Williams’ 70 Most Important Phrases”
“The 31 best quotes from Steven Spielberg”
Phrases of Sean Penn, a unique actor
In today’s article let’s get to know better the personality and thoughts of this magnificent performer through the best phrases of Sean Penn.
1. I like to believe that love is mutual that you really cannot feel.
His ethical proposition on this feeling.
2. It is only in innocence that you find any kind of magic, any kind of courage.
This is why he understands the minds of children so well.
3. If you can’t count on your heart for some kind of unified response, you can’t count on anything. You use your heart as a barometer to complete the film.
A unique and personal way to complete a great story.
4. In short, I’ll say it was an approach from family and writer Jon Krakauer, which made me look like the top of the pile of various filmmakers trying to get the rights. And I mean the top of the pile in terms of being someone you can trust to do it, because they said they were going to try to do it and that this way of doing it would be something they would be willing to do. make. .
About an episode in his professional life.
5. The end result is that you love your wife, you do the best you can with her.
On love and marriage.
6. That romantically, if you feel it for someone and it’s pure, that means they do too.
About the feeling of love.
7. There is no shame when I say we all want to be loved.
That’s right, no matter how tough he looks.
8. I think now is the right time for those who voted in favor of banning gay marriage to feel and reflect and anticipate their great shame and shame in the eyes of their grandchildren if they continue with this form of support. We must have the same rights for everyone.
His ideological position on gay marriage.
9. Well, I’m more of an anti-legend, I don’t think they are useful. So that would certainly not be my intention. But will it help? Of course. Any medication can be misused. But I think there is a lot of courage and innocence and magic to him, that more than a legend is about connection.
A reflection by Sean Penn that allows us to think long and hard.
10. Mediocrity is much celebrated and many wonderful things are ignored or discouraged.
Public favor is generally quite unfair.
11. A child has a fever in the United States and is old enough and durable enough that we can all take a child to the emergency room. Most Haitians have never had this opportunity. They didn’t have the emergency room to take them. Almost every time your child has a fever, he expects him to die and has no clean water to give him.
About the differences between the first world and the Caribbean country, one of the poorest on the planet.
12. So if we have anything original to offer, it is to talk about our own life of the society in which we find ourselves.
Each biography is unique and has great added value.
13. I believe that we all have light and darkness within us.
We are capable of the best and the worst.
14. I will not recommend recklessness, but somewhere proving oneself and proactively seeking an initiation rite has become necessary because in developed western countries we have become very dependent on comfort.
A phrase on how to get out of the comfort zone.
15. The sense of self, and the way in which it is shared, is perhaps the most precious and poetic gift in the arsenal of life and art.
Self-awareness, in other words.
16. If there is one unpleasant thing in the film industry, it is the fornication of my peers.
The promiscuity between the balloons has always been commented on.
17. I won’t have a better day, a more magical time than the first time I heard my daughter laugh.
Sean Penn remembers this moment with great nostalgia.
18. Regardless of what we consider to be art, there are many people who desire to express themselves creatively and feel authentic while doing so.
This is perhaps the basis of the artistic fact.
19. I think life is an irrational obsession.
No one in their right mind would want to stay here for long.
20. I’m not good at talking to strangers, whether they’re sick or they are, I’m just not good. I’m shy about it.
About his introverted personality.
21. I lost my taste for acting
In 2018, he spoke of his boredom with the world of cinema.
22. The first instinct is love.
The instinct that invites us to reproduce ourselves.
23. There is the old idea that where there are options, there is chaos, and where there is no other option, there is clarity. If you don’t have a choice, you have to be there, and you have to have your heart there. This leads to a much less self-aware life.
Great reflection on the possibilities of life.
24. Putting something in a movie because it’s on the news isn’t political for me. A good movie is a political thing.
If you don’t have a message, an idea, it’s not worth it.
25. I would do anything to get a performance, without mischief.
A paper is a paper.
26. I just want real creative freedom without worrying about, you know, auto payments.
Whatever you give for a living and pay your bills.
27. I think you start to prepare yourself the moment you read something.
Talk about reading scripts.
28. I really like making movies.
His dedication to cinema was extraordinary.
29. Well, the central kind of question, “Do you want to live, and I don’t want to stay alive? Do you want to feel your life while you live it?” You know, there’s a place to go that was here before us and that’s going to be here after us, so go ahead. You don’t need someone who has a sense of their own passion for nature to recognize that you’re just dumb if you don’t go out.
The importance of living fully.
30. Raising children is now my main interest. I am a practical father.
A sentence from Sean Penn on his priority in life: the education of his children.
31. As a foreign worker in Haiti, speaking for myself, speaking on behalf of the workers, our organization is 95% Haitian, but even the foreign workers they lead have had minimal safety issues.
About the Caribbean country.
32. I don’t want to lie, play games, hurt someone or hurt myself. You can only move in one direction.
Honesty has only one way.
33. I don’t read newspapers too much, simply because they tend to make me feel like I have a political obligation which, in my opinion, distracts me from what my political offers will be if I only make my films. .
A reflection on his political position and media coverage of the news.
34. I don’t see myself as a different man than I was ten years ago. I have no aspiration to be. This is where you put your energies. It changes a lot.
Sean Penn looks back and reflects on how his identity has more or less remained intact over time.
35. I’m a little afraid of words like maturity.
An opinion on the notion of maturity, linked to that of responsibility and loss of freedom.
36. In a movie, it’s always best to stay invisible as much as possible to stay calm. I love to whisper on my camera, I love to whisper to my actors and anyone else who has whispered something.
About maintaining a subtle quality when working as an actor.
37. I don’t see life as an opportunity to see how far you can go in seeking pain, although I think I’ve challenged it a bit.
The rejection of a tragic interpretation of life.
38. Reputations are maintained by the outside world and are also created by it, in general. And they’re a hell of a privacy protection because the more people look for something that isn’t there, the less likely they are to know who you are. It’s like going out with a mask, without having to exercise your upper body to put it on.
A reflection on privacy.
39. You always have to live longer to feed something new. It is an obligation for you and the public. The personal baggage involved in being a well-known actor adds to this struggle.
The experience brings psychological richness.
40. I believe it is a great world filled with men, women and children who struggle to eat, love, work, protect their families, their beliefs and their dreams.
A positive perception of families around the world.
41. Try to do your best for what they pay you.
Focusing on what motivates us is the way to better progress.
42. The two films that I have directed, written and directed hold a special place for you.
A personal appreciation of the actor’s professional experience.
43. All I need is some tasty waves, another whisper, and I’m fine.
An ideal landscape to relax.
44. I have no particular emotion at the idea of working with a particular director or actor at the moment.
There isn’t always an emotional charge associated with working collaboratively with someone.
45. I think if you want good things to happen for a country like Haiti, you have to point out the circumstances under which Haitians can do it.
Beyond the will, there are the material possibilities of carrying out useful measures.
46. There is a kind of feeling of truth and reconciliation which is not formalized, but which is understood and accepted. Haitians are Haitians and there is an inherent loyalty that is so forgiving.
On what is not in question.
47. I think I haven’t managed to play the part of the retired actor yet, and I would like to work on that.
Another of the curiosities of this actor.
48. I am a huge fan of Woody Allen. Good movie, bad movie, whatever, I just love their movies.
A type of film that has its own scale of quality.
49. The only thing you can count on in Hollywood, in general, is cowardice.
The commercial vocation leads to a lack of honesty and commitment, according to this artist.
50. Everything I have been able to do with these experiences certainly contributes to everything I can do as a director. The corruption in all of this is that most of what I’ve played over the past 10 years has been stealing film school time from these guys. These were the people I thought I could learn as a director.
Learning works in two ways.
51. Your advice to young directors is to go out and become a version of a successful movie actor. Do it first and say yes to people like Terrence Malick, Clint Eastwood, and Woody Allen when they come to show them movies. It’s a great front row seat for making movies.
About the beginnings of the industry.
52. I don’t think there are climate skeptics. I think there are people who indulge in a culture of what can be reduced to the thought of the Fox Network. It has nothing to do with the policy that applies to the protection of the quality of life in some way. It’s like talking to a cult member.
Critique of a way of thinking based on the headlines.
53. When you act in a movie, you are bound to be surrounded by people you did not choose, even the painter. I like being able to choose which family I wake up in the morning that will inspire this group to attempt to tell a story that applies to what interests me at this point in my life.
He has no decision-making power over everything that happens.
54. If you are ready to put two thoughts in one picture, you are already ahead of the game.
About the creative process of telling stories.
55. At this point, what would be gratifying if the audience wanted to watch.
Opinion on the motivations of the general public.
56. I regret that my interview with Chapo did not trigger the debate on the war on drugs.
One of Sean Penn’s quotes that refers to his appreciation of the impact of his work.
57. This is a close-up of my feelings. This place moves me. And I’m not talking about my country; it’s part of our common natural world which turns out to be peculiar to the feeling where my inclinations to tell stories and my own story come from of being some kind of rat and traveling.
About a common homeland.
58. I’ve never been one to hear what they say on stage fright.
A curiosity about Sean Penn’s way of being.
59. I can live better as an actor than as a director. Although I certainly prefer to direct films.
Two professions that offer different incentives.
60. I love acting, really my favorite people are the actors.
On the relation between the pleasure and the work of this actor.
61. I’ll tell you what I would probably prefer less and less: actors I know and respect in shampoo commercials. A modeler.
Personal opinion on the public image of colleagues.
62. Conforming to what you start is the reason you start something.
One way to see what motivates us.
63. I can always see the light in any situation. It’s just the way I’m made.
Sean Penn talks about his propensity for optimism.
64. In any film I participate in, I say what I think.
Declaration of intent based on honesty.
65. What is very close in the process is to write and act, not to direct. The staging is very different.
A way of classifying different creative works in the world of cinema.
66. I don’t think you can get away with dumping your talents in the toilet bowl and not having them disappear.
Use your own artistic talents to create mediocre invoice products.
67. We don’t make a lot of good films.
An opinion on the current state of cinema.
68. Marriage is not easy, but most of the time it is fine.
About the life together between two lovers.
69. The sacrifice of American soldiers or innocent civilians in an unprecedented preemptive strike against a separate sovereign nation may well prove to be a more temporary remedy.
Approaches to war and unnecessary deaths.
70. I lost a friend that I was lucky to have. My thoughts are with the family of President Chávez and the people of Venezuela.
One of the examples of the extent to which Sean Penn has not stayed out of politics in his statements.