Stephen king, Who was born in 1947, is a famous and very popular author of American-born horror novels.
In his works, King combines elements of the traditional Gothic tale with those of modern psychological thrillers and sci-fi genres. Some of his best known works are: Carrie, The Glow, It, Animal Cemetery and The Mystery of Salem’s Lot, among others.
Stephen King Quotes
Throughout his life, this writer disseminated generally powerful and memorable thoughts and phrases. Below is a collection of Stephen King’s best quotes.
1. To learn is to discover what we already know. Teaching is reminding others who know it as well as we do. We are all learners, executors, teachers
People are empowered to learn because it is necessary for our development.
2. Books are a unique wearable magic
Books can entertain us and also teach us new things.
3. If there was no one to succeed against all odds, I think everyone would give up
A motivating quote that encourages us to keep fighting.
4. He who speaks without an attentive ear is mute
A phrase that indicates that active listening is just as important as expressing our ideas and opinions.
5. The innocent’s trust is the liar’s most useful tool
The liar repeatedly gets away with the victim’s innocence.
6. People think I’m a pretty strange person, but that’s wrong – I have the heart of a little child, it’s in a glass jar on my desk
One of Stephen King’s autobiographical quotes referring to the way he is as a person.
7. What we like to think about ourselves and who we really are rarely have much in common
Sometimes we tend to see ourselves differently from the way other people see us.
8. People who try to do the right thing always seem crazy
To do well seems crazy in these times.
9. Take care of your life or death
One way of saying you have to give your all.
10. If you want to be a writer, you have to do two things first: read a lot and write a lot.
Writers are creative people, In part because of how much they read.
11. Poems are easily lost under sofas, which is certainly one of their charms.
A meeting that invites us to deep reflection.
12. Anger is the most unnecessary emotion, destructive to the mind and harmful to the heart.
As for the anger, not only the victim suffers; the person hearing it does the same.
13. You can, you should, and if you’re brave enough to start, you
There is no point in having something in mind if you don’t take action.
14. If you don’t control your genie, your genie will control you
Emotions and impulsivity need to be controlled when we live with others.
15. If you don’t have the time to read, you don’t have the time or the tools to write.
Reading is the best learning for writers.
16. Hearts can break. Yes, hearts can be broken. Sometimes I think it would be better for us to die when they do, but we don’t
Lack of love causes great pain to the people who suffer from it.
17. How hard it was to remember all of this through the fog of anger, the sharp, out-of-tune knock of this chord!
A phrase from one of his famous works, The Resplendor.
18. You must stay true to what you are working on
The job must be done well and put everything on our side.
19. Every life has its own imitation of immortality
A quote that is only understood if it comes out of the mind of this genius.
20. We invent horrors to help us face the real ones
Life has bad times that must be accepted, Although there are people who prefer to look elsewhere.
21. Only enemies tell the truth. Friends and lovers always lie at some point
Enemies say what they think, friends tend to want to look good.
22- The Authentic Whole is as rare as genuine love
Pure-hearted people need not be numerous today.
23. Life is like a wheel. Sooner or later it always comes back to the point where you started over
Stephen King defines very well what this life is.
24. There is no gain without risk, maybe there is no risk without love
You take a risk when you love something so forcefully that you don’t reason.
25. The only reason a person writes a story is that they can understand the past and prepare for their death.
A phrase that refers to the way people we are looking for an explanation for our existence.
26. Beware, always keep happy thoughts in mind
A positive attitude is always best when dealing with life’s challenges.
27. Better to be good than bad, but goodness comes at a terrible cost
Good people, unfortunately, are rare.
28. Monsters are real and ghosts are real too. They live in us and sometimes they win
We should not be afraid of monsters or ghosts, but of human beings themselves.
29. Each book you choose has its own lesson (s), and very often the bad books have more to teach than the good ones.
Reading books can be a great way to learn about those around us.
30. When all else fails, give up and go to the library
There are many benefits to reading, and you can learn more about them in this article: “5 Amazing Benefits of Reading Books for Your Brain”
31. No one likes a midnight clown
Some people experience phobia in clowns, this is called coulrophobia.
32. There are killers who don’t necessarily kill
An appointment that refers to psychological psychopaths that we can find throughout our life.
33. It is sweet to hear the voice of the devil
An ironic quote from one of his works.
34. Hope is a good thing, perhaps the best of all, and good things never die
Hope is definitely the last thing we humans have to lose.
35. Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work
Effort and perseverance are great virtues that lead us to success.
36. Writing is like sex when you get older: starting gets harder and harder, but once you start you won’t want to finish.
Some people take great pleasure in writing.
37. Fiction is the truth in a lie
Lies are often good stories.
38. God is cruel. Sometimes it makes you live
A humorous line that talks about how difficult life can be sometimes.
39. When people see ghosts, they always see themselves first
Another of those ironic phrases from this author.
40. I love crime, I love mysteries and I love ghosts
Stephen king giving his opinion on his tastes in matters of novels.
41. … I’ve grown old (a fatality that I think sometimes happens behind my back) …
King, again uses humor to refer to old age.
42. If to be a child is to learn to live, to be an adult is to learn to die.
The author once again expresses his sense of humor in the face of problems as serious as this one.
43. TV is fine, I have nothing against it, but I don’t like the way it separates us from the world and surprises us on the glass screen
Television can hurt us, especially when we watch it excessively.
44. There is nothing wrong with expecting the best, as long as you are prepared for the worst.
It’s not the events that hurt us, it’s the way we relate to them.
45. When you find something that you’re really good at, you do it until your fingers bleed or your eyes come out of your head.
When you find what you like, you enter a state of flux.
46. A little talent is a good thing to have if you want to be a writer. However, the only real requirement is the ability to remember every scar.
A reflection of the author that makes those who read it reflect.
47. The road to hell is paved with adverbs
An appointment that perfectly matches Stephen King’s Way of Being.
48. All games are clean if everyone is cheated at the same time
King, uses irony to refer to the traps that can be crafted in the game.
49. We lie better when we lie to ourselves
Self-deception is common among people, especially when you don’t want to face reality.
50. If you enjoyed being a teenager, there is something really wrong with you
The teenage years can be a difficult time for many people.
51. No story can be good without a fence. There must be a closure cause it’s the human condition
To put it plainly, no one gets rid of death.
52. Good books don’t give up all their secrets at once
The good books they are the ones who trap us in their mystery, Which makes us read each page with more and more interest.
53. Books are the perfect entertainment: no ads, no batteries, hours of fun for every dollar spent. What I wonder is why not everyone carries a book about these inevitable dead spots in life
Why turn on the television if we can enjoy a good book for hours on end.
54. The scariest moment is always right before you start
Until we take action, doubts can arise over and over again.
55. Time takes everything, whether you like it or not
There are things we cannot get rid of, whether we like it or not.
56. Strange houses give me chills
It seems wrong that Stephen King is afraid of strange houses.
57. There are those who lie out of self-interest, out of pain, simply because the notion of telling the truth is foreign to them or because they are waiting for the right time to tell the truth.
There are many reasons people lie. But whatever the reason, a lie is a lie.
58. Success is determined not only by talent, but also by effort
It’s true that talent is importantBut the same goes for effort if we are to be successful.
59. Life can be worse than any nightmare
There are difficult times in life that can seem unreal.
60. We never stop wanting what we want, whether it is good for us or not.
When something is put between our eyebrows, it’s hard not to want it – even if it doesn’t benefit us.
61. Sometimes human places create inhuman monsters
The Nazi holocaust is good proof of this.
62. As we grow up, the concepts become easier for us and we leave the images to the poets
This is how it matures, whether we like it or not.
63. Strange love is better than not having absolute love
It is better to love shadows than to walk through life without feeling strong emotions.
64. Humor is almost always angry with your makeup instead
Curious sentence from Stephen King in which he assimilates these two apparently contradictory emotional states.
65. Sometimes the embers are better than a bonfire
Memory is sometimes more vivid than actual experience itself.
66. We are so wrong that we could do it for life
Self-deception and its indestructible strength.
67. Ideas are like the germ of the flu. Sooner or later they hit someone
They are contagious.
68. As for the past, everyone writes fiction
We often exaggerate or distort our past experiences.
69. I think the combination of pencil and memory creates a kind of magic, and magic is dangerous
On the art of writing.
70. A life without love is like a tree without fruit
It does not deserve to be lived if it is not to love and be loved.
71. I live in a world where all perspectives have changed
The relativism of the time contrasts with his firm convictions.
72. It is not a sheet of paper that makes a man. Not even the prison that defeats him
Circumstances, good or bad, don’t determine who you are.
73. The monster never dies
We can understand by “monster” our fears, our insecurities, our limits …
74. I am three women. I am who I was; I am the one who did not have the right to be but who was; I am the woman you saved. Thank you, gunslinger
Extract from one of his works.
75. I am not interested in credibility, but in freedom, and I have discovered that writing can provide it.
Being a book author gives you this feeling of freedom and lack of boundaries.