Solidarity is a manifestation of unconditional support both for people who need help and for difficult causes or events. At any time we can be in solidarity, but for that we must understand and empathize with what others are going through.
If you want to deepen the meaning of this concept, you will be interested in this selection of the best phrases about solidarity.
The most inspiring phrases about solidarity
To emphasize the importance of being kind and humble, we offer you a compilation of the best expressions of solidarity.
1. Lots of little people, in little places, doing little things, can change the world. (Eduardo Galeano)
You don’t have to do big things to change the world, it’s the little things that make the difference.
2. Almost all good things come from an attitude of appreciation for others. (Dalai Lama)
Appreciation of others is the way to tell them that they are important.
3. If I help one person to have hope, I will not have lived in vain. (Martin Luther King)
Make your actions help others to be happy.
4. Midwifery is the work of which many share the fatigue. (Homer)
Shared loads are easier to carry.
5. The fate of all depends on the conduct of each. (Alexander The Great)
How you relate to others, so will what you receive.
6. There is no good that does not delight us if we do not share it. (Seneca)
Sharing what we have with others is what makes us truly happy.
7. We must come together, not to be together, but to do something together. (Donoso Cortes)
In the union is the strength to bring about change.
8. Solidarity is not an act of charity, but mutual aid between forces fighting for the same objective. (Samurai Machel)
Being in solidarity is not compassion, but an act of love.
9. When the I is replaced by US, even illness becomes well-being. (Malcolm X)
Being accompanied relieves all sorrows.
10. We never think that we are alone or weak, because there are powerful armies behind us that we cannot even imagine. (Paracelsus)
We are never alone as we believe, there are always angels with us.
11. Well, we were born to work together, just like feet, hands, eyelids, upper and lower rows of teeth. (Marc Aurelius)
Each part of the body works together to achieve an end, so we must also work together.
12. We came into this world as brothers; let us therefore walk hand in hand and one in front of the other. (William Shakespeare)
We all need to support each other.
13. Always give your best, and the best will come… (Mother Teresa of Calcutta)
In everything you do, give your best and you will see great things.
14. With time and maturity, you discover that you have two hands, one to help you and the other to help others. (Audrey Hepburn)
Maturity makes you more supportive.
15. The less needs you have, the more strangers feel. (Doris Lessing)
When we see the faults of others, we understand how lucky we are.
16. A bone for the dog is not a handout. Charity is sharing the bone with the dog when he is as hungry as the dog. (Jack London)
We do not have to give what we have left, but to share what we have.
17. When men come together for one purpose, they discover that they can also attain other ends whose attainment depends on their union with one another. (Thomas Carlyle)
When we come together for a cause, we understand the power we have.
18. Charity is humiliating because it is exercised vertically and from above; solidarity is horizontal and implies mutual respect. (Eduardo Galeano)
Don’t do charity, instead I support you.
19. If you give light to ignite your brother’s life, it will shine brighter within you. (Albert Schweitzer)
Do not seek to be your own light, but to be the light of others.
20. Union is the beginning; being together is progress; working together is a success. (Henry Ford)
Working together leads to personal and professional success.
21. Big opportunities to help others rarely arise, but small ones surround us every day. (Sally Koch)
Every day is a new opportunity to help others.
22. Men are rich only in proportion to what they give. He who renders a great service receives a great reward. (Elbert Hubbard)
You only receive what you give.
23. Now I understand that my well-being is only possible if I recognize my unity with all the peoples of the world without exception. (Leo Tolstoy)
We are happy only to the extent that we love others.
24. Solidarity is the tenderness of peoples. (Gioconde Belli)
He who supports is worthy of admiration.
25. That humanity ceases to be dominated by the desire to achieve useless gains. (Alicia Moreau de Justo)
Do not focus on achieving great things, but on helping others.
26. Buenaventura Durruti, Ascaso and García Oliver: Called Los Solidarios, who despise Power. (Chicho Sanchez Ferlosio)
Solidarity knows no social condition.
27. I would like to see the development among all peoples of a conscious sense of peace and a feeling of human solidarity. (Rigoberta Menchu)
We have lost human solidarity and it is of the utmost importance to regain it urgently.
28. Let no one have any illusions that the mere absence of war, even if it is desired, is synonymous with real peace. (Pope John Paul II)
Peace implies solidarity.
29. Spirituality, generosity, solidarity, perseverance, fraternity, joy; these are values that find their deepest roots in the Christian faith. (Pope Francis)
We are all together in one way or another.
30. If I help one person to have hope, I will not have lived in vain. (Martin Luther King)
If you can help anyone, don’t hesitate.
31. Be the change you want to see in the world. (Mahatma Gandhi)
I support at all times.
32. A feeling of solidarity prevails within each social group, an imperative need to work together and to take pleasure in doing so, which represents a high moral value. (Christian Lous Lange)
Human beings are united by nature.
33. Solidarity is based on the principle that we are willing to take risks to protect each other. (Starhawk)
The man focuses on protecting himself and his family.
34. It is not terror and violence, but trust and solidarity that will guide the new world. (Dieter Duhm)
Only trust in others is what will lead us to a better world.
35. Solidarity is not a matter of sentiment, but a cold and impassive fact, like the granite foundations of a skyscraper. Eugene V. Debs)
Many see solidarity as a frivolous act from which one profits.
36. You can always edit a bad page, but not a blank page. (Jodi Picoult)
There is always the possibility of changing a situation.
37. A professional writer is that amateur who never gives up. (Richard Bach)
Never give up, learn to be in solidarity with yourself.
38. Wherever you go, no matter what time, it always leaves a new sun. (Anthony J. D’Angelo)
Wherever we go, there is always a new opportunity.
39. A man is never so happy as when he gives happiness to another. (Edward Bulwer-Lytton)
Solidarity is making others and oneself happy.
40. My veins do not end not in me, but in the unanimous blood of those who fight for life, love, things, landscape and bread, everyone’s poetry. (Roque Dalton)
We are all called to show solidarity.
41. Solidarity never implies submission. (Walter laughs)
No one who shows solidarity is a submissive person.
42. He had the charm of people who implicitly believe in themselves, the charm of togetherness. (John Fowles)
A caring person is someone who has a special charm.
43. Small things are responsible for big changes. (Paulo Coelho)
A little help is the most valuable.
44. When men come together for one purpose, they discover that they can also attain other ends, the attainment of which depends upon their union with one another. (Thomas Carlyle)
Much can be accomplished by working as a team.
45. Racism cannot be fought with racism, the best way to fight racism is through solidarity. (Bobby Seale)
Don’t judge anyone on their skin color, they deserve respect too.
46. The best exercise for the core is bending over and lifting people up. (John Holmes)
There is nothing nicer than helping someone else.
47. There is no greater favor than serving one’s brother. And there is no greater satisfaction than doing it well. (Walter Reuther)
Helping others is a wonderful experience that no other situation gives you.
48. You will not know all that I am worth until I can be with you all that I am. (Gregorio Maranon)
No one knows how capable you were, so show them.
49. You can make more friends in two months by being more interested in other people than you could in two years by trying to get people to be interested in you. (Dale Carnegie)
Do not focus on yourself, but on others.
50. We have all seen the power of music to spread messages of solidarity and hope. (Conor Oberst)
Music is a vector of peace and solidarity par excellence.
51. If a free society cannot help its many poor, neither can it save its rich few. (John Fitzgerald Kennedy)
Solidarity must also be exercised in public functions.
52. True security is found in security rather than isolated individual effort. (Fyodor Dostoyevsky)
To maintain security, we must work together.
53. Human solidarity is the necessary condition for the development of every individual. (Erich Fromm)
Being supportive helps us grow as people.
54. Believe in yourself, our strength comes from our weakness. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Never doubt your abilities.
55. Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others. (Booker T. Washington)
Happiness is based on helping the needy.
56. Whoever has a heart to help has the right to criticize. (Abraham Lincoln)
If you help others, you have the right to criticize others.
57. We earn our living with what we receive, but we earn our living with what we give. (John Maxwell)
It’s better to give than to receive.
58. Strong people don’t knock others down, they help them up. (Michael P. Watson)
Don’t hurt anyone because life will charge you.
59. What you give, you get. What you don’t give, you take back. (Alejandro Jodorowsky)
Everything you give comes back to you in abundance.
60. It’s literally true that you can succeed faster and better by helping others succeed. (Napoleon Hill)
Your success will depend on helping others.
61. We must ask for the solidarity of millionaires. They didn’t offer to pay more taxes here. (Alfredo Perez Rubalcaba)
Rich people also have a little solidarity.
62. If there had not been more mercy among the poor than among the rich, the beggars would have starved to death many times over. (William Langland)
Solidarity should not be subject to social classes.
63. If dog and cat can be together, why can’t we love each other? (Bob Marley)
Animals have a lot to teach us.
64. Man without others is nothing, he could not express himself. What counts is what unites us: solidarity. (Max Aub)
Solidarity is what makes us better human beings.
65. Yes, sometimes strangers support you. (Zadi Smith)
People outside of our lives are the most supportive.
66. Happy is he who knows that to share a pain is to divide it and to share a joy is to multiply it. (Facundo Cabral)
The sorrows shared are easier to bear and the joys are multiplied in great proportions.
67. The less needs you have, the more strangers feel. (Doris Lessing)
If you look around you will notice how lucky you were.
68. Oh my friend, it’s not what they take away that matters, it’s what you do with what’s left. (Hubert Humphrey)
You were responsible for living with what you have.
69. It doesn’t matter how fast you go, as long as you don’t stop. (Confucius)
The road is far, so don’t stop.
70. The five separate fingers are five independent units. Close them and the fist multiplies the force. It’s the organization. (James Cash Penney)
You work individually and you will go far, but if you work as a team you will go much faster.
71. There is no stability without solidarity, nor solidarity without stability. (José Manuel Barroso)
Stability requires solidarity.
72. Donating is the greatest sign of solidarity. Action speaks louder than words. (Ibrahim Hooper)
If you can give something, don’t hesitate to do so.
73. Hope and solidarity are burning in the fires of despair. (Sharan Burrow)
In chaos, solidarity is present.
74. The test of our progress is not if we join the abundance of those who have more. It is if we give enough to those who have little. (Franklin D. Roosevelt)
You will be successful if you learn to give to those in need.
75. Solidarity and mutual aid are the most important means for the survival of animal species. (Christian Lous Lange)
If animals support each other, why shouldn’t humans?
76. All of our humanity depends on the recognition of our humanity in others. (Desmond Tutu)
Look at the others.
77. The law of society is each for all and each for all. (Henry George)
Help others and others will help you.
78. There is no true peace if it is not accompanied by fairness, truth, justice and solidarity. (Pope John Paul II)
Peace requires several elements, including solidarity.
79. Only the unity of the people and the solidarity of its leaders guarantee the greatness of nations. (Andres Bello)
A nation is great only to the extent that its people are united.
80. All for one and one for all. (Alexandre Dumas)
Learning to work as a team is what you need to go far.
81. Solidarity is not an act of charity, but mutual aid between forces fighting for the same objective. (Samurai Machel)
Solidarity is not something that is given out of charity, it is an action that brings happiness.
82. May the international feeling of solidarity be renewed among peoples. (Alicia Moreau de Justo)
Society is full of unsupportive people, but there are even more people who want to help others.
83. Those who have the privilege to know have an obligation to act. (Albert Einstein)
If you see an act where solidarity must be present, do not sit idly by, act.
84. Concord, solidarity and mutual aid are the most important means that allow animal species to survive. (Christian Lous Lange)
Help without measure to those who need it.
85. I don’t know any great man, except those who have rendered great service to the human race. (Voltaire)
Solidarity makes a man a winner.
86. Do good to the greatest number and you will often find faces that will fill you with joy. (Alessandro Manzoni)
The joy of quienes ayudamos is a worthless prize.
87. There is nothing stronger in the world than the heart of a volunteer. (Colonel James H. Doolittle)
A person who is always ready to serve others without expecting anything in return is someone with a heart of gold.
88. You have to come together, not to be together, but to do something together. (Juan Donoso Cortes)
By uniting, we embrace more spaces to help more people.
89. We came into this world as brothers; let us therefore walk hand in hand and one in front of the other. (William Shakespeare)
We must all treat each other as brothers and not as enemies, this is how we see each other at all times.
90. Individual commitment in a group effort. It is what makes a team, a company, a society and a civilization work. (Vincent Lombardy)
Work in such a way that your efforts are focused on helping others.
91. If you’re not making someone else’s life better, you’re wasting time. Your life improves by making someone else’s life better. (Will Smith)
If you live without borrowing help whoever asks you, then you live an empty life.
92. The important thing is not to stay alive, but to stay human. (George Orwell)
Do not live as one more, but as the best of all.
93. Love is the humblest, but most powerful force available to human beings. (Gandhi)
Love is a feeling that can do anything.
94. No one who has lightened the burden of his fellow men will have failed in this world. (Charles Dickens)
If you help someone, then life will be worth it.
95. It is therefore unnatural to act as adversaries to one another. (Marc Aurelius)
We must not be adversaries but united.
96. If we elevate our spirit, no evil can reach us. (Paracelsus)
If we practice solidarity, our spirit becomes stronger.
97. When spiders unite, they can kill a lion. (Ethiopian proverb)
By working as a team, we become indestructible.
98. There is no stability without solidarity, nor solidarity without stability. (José Manuel Barroso)
A benevolent person never does an act of charity to be recognized, he does it out of love for his neighbour.
99. Meeting is a beginning, staying together is progress, working together is success. (Henry Ford)
By working together, we make it all easier.
100. Uno a uno todos somos mortales. Together we are forever. (Apuleus)
Working as a team will always be the best option.