Many consider simplicity as little or to settle, but the reality is that simple things give us peace, relaxation and acceptance, which makes us realize that we do not need to have thousands of empty things to have a full life and that we rest, is in fact the main goal to pursue in this world.
If you want to delve deeper into the concept of simplicity and apply this human value to your life, keep reading. Here you will find a selection of the best phrases about simplicity.
The most inspiring phrases about simplicity
With this compilation of quotes and thoughts on simplicity, we can take a moment to analyze the direction of our life and understand what real direction we want to take.
1. Truth is complex, but the complex is transmitted only through the simple.
Things get complex when you don’t want to understand them.
2. God is simple. Everything else is complex. (Albert Einstein)
For those who believe in God, he is everything.
3. A loud voice cannot compete with a clear voice, even if it is just a whisper. (Confucius)
He who shouts does not speak louder, but he who is honest.
4. Simplicity is the key to brilliance. (Bruce Lee)
The simpler something is, the better the result.
5. Simplicity is the first step of nature and the last step of art. (James Bailey)
Nature and art can be simple.
6. A little simplicity would be the first step towards a rational life, I believe. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
When we realize that we don’t need much to be happy, we begin to truly live.
7. I have three things to teach: simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures. (Lao Tzu)
The only things to cling to, because it produces great well-being.
8. With wisdom comes the desire for simplicity. (Brendon Burchard)
The wise understand that there is peace in simplicity.
9. I have always liked simplicity. (Marissa Mayer)
People who learn to see the beauty in the details appreciate what they have more.
10. The simpler and more humble you are, the more worthy people you attract. (Cecilia Curbelo)
Good people are attracted to the simplicity and honesty of our person.
11. The man who has begun to live seriously inside, begins to live more simply outside. (Ernest Hemingway)
Life simply begins when we are calm inside.
12. The language I like is a simple and spontaneous language, the same on paper as in the mouth, a juicy and nervous language, concise and tight. (Michel Eyquem de Montaigne)
Say what you feel, never hide your feelings.
13. Simplicity is the key to true elegance. (Coco Chanel)
Even in fashion, the most elegant is the simple.
14. After playing with a large number of notes, simplicity emerges as the reward of artistry. (Frédéric Chopin)
Art becomes simple after going through a complex process.
15. The simple can be more difficult than the complex. (Steve Jobs)
Especially if we are used to seeing only the problem and not focusing on finding a solution.
16. The truth is always found in simplicity and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things. (Isaac Newton)
Truth doesn’t need decorations to come out.
17. Growth creates complexity, which requires simplicity. (Andy Stanley)
No matter how far you read, don’t lose your humility.
18. Two simplicity. The bad: simplicity-starting point, sought too soon. The good: simplicity-resultado, reward of years of effort. (Robert Bresson)
There are those who use the simple as an excuse not to put in the effort.
19. A vocabulary of truth and simplicity will serve you throughout your life. (Winston Churchill)
Two tips that make us live for a long time.
20. The taste for simplicity cannot last long. (Eugène Delacroix)
A reflection on quienes son conformistas.
21. Let us learn to live simply, so that others can live simply. (Mahatma Gandhi)
Greed not only destroys us inside, it also affects others.
22. I think the simplicity of life is just about being yourself. (Bobby Brown)
When we are ourselves, nothing can disturb us.
23. There is more simplicity in someone who eats caviar on impulse than in someone who eats nuts on principle. (Gilbert Keith Chesterton)
Simplicity is also in listening to our instincts.
24. Humility will open more doors than arrogance. (Zig Ziglar)
Nobody wants to work with someone who doesn’t get along with everyone else.
25. Success is not a good teacher; failure makes you humble. (Shahrukh Khan)
Failure teaches us that nothing is guaranteed.
26. Simplicity and clarity distinguish the speech of the good man. (Seneca)
Honest people will never create exaggerated stories.
27. From a naive simplicity it bequeaths to the deepest simplicity. (Albert Schweitzer)
We must never lose our childhood innocence which leads us to discover the world.
28. I need little and the little I need, I need little. (Francis of Assisi)
It’s not about conformism, but about knowing that you don’t have to have everything to be happy.
29. This is why we love stories. They offer us the clarity and simplicity that our real life lacks. (Patrick Rothfuss)
We always need a break from reality for a moment.
30. People cannot be developed in simplicity and silence. (Helen Keller)
Don’t confuse simplicity with restriction.
31. Simplicity and love are so similar that when we are lost, we look for them everywhere.
There comes a time in life when we yearn for peace.
32. There is no greatness where there is no simplicity, goodness and truth. (Leo Tolstoy)
Successful people who are not humble fall under their own weight.
33. He who is loyal looks up in humility, and he who is disloyal, in pride.
Greedy people will never act for good.
34. The best ideas are the simplest. (William Golding)
They are the ones who develop functionally.
35. There are situations in life where truth and simplicity make the best couple. (Jean de la Bruyere)
We all want to live around honest people.
36. Everything is very difficult before it is easy. (Thomas Fuller)
At first things seem impossible because we don’t know them, but then they become easy.
37. If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)
Each explanation should be simple so that everyone can understand it.
38. Simplicity is a happy medium between very little and too much. (Mister Joshua Reynolds)
It is having a balance that does not overwhelm us.
39. The secret of happiness is to have simple tastes and a complex mind, the problem is that often the mind is simple and the tastes are complex. (Fernando Savater)
We have to change our way of perceiving things.
40. Every time you walk up a step of triumph, walk up two steps of humility.
To stay on top, you have to keep your humility, so you won’t be blinded by ambition.
41. The greater we are in humility, the closer we are to greatness. (Rabindranath Tagore)
Your greatness grows as a person.
42. Pride makes us artificial and humility makes us real. (Thomas Merton)
Greed causes us to have things we don’t need in order to pretend to be what we are not.
43. Man grows when he kneels down. (Alessandro Manzoni)
You don’t have to be arrogant to be successful.
44. Simplicity is subtracting the obvious and adding the important. (John Maeda)
Simplicity is knowing what really matters to us.
45. A big man is always ready to be small. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Because he knows that it is not synonymous with weakness, but with strength.
46. Power is dangerous unless you have humility. (Richard J. Daley)
Power can quickly consume us, because it is easier to be tempted.
47. Who is excited by the simple is generally not Easy (José Narosky)
There are those who see the simple as something impossible.
48. Isn’t absolute simplicity the most wonderful thing about a genius? (Ernst Hoffmann)
The simple also conceals a mystery.
49. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. (Leonardo DeVinci)
Classical things lie in their simplicity.
50. The search for simplicity must allow us to think of everything, not just the problems. (Edward De Bono)
It makes us think about our abilities and how to resolve any conflict.
51. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination of the non-essential. (Lin Yutang)
To be happy, you must have a clear line between what we need and what we want.
52. You’d be surprised how much having money makes things easier. (Arturo Perez-Reverte)
Money doesn’t buy everything, but it can alleviate many difficulties.
53. It is always the simple that produces the marvelous. (Amelia Barr)
The wonderful things are in simplicity.
54. The language of truth must undoubtedly be simple and without artifice. (Seneca)
The simpler an explanation, the more honest it is.
55. Simplicity is a prerequisite for reliability. (Edsger Dijkstra)
Someone who exaggerates their stories is not to be trusted.
56. Very often people confuse the simple with the simplistic. The nuance is lost in the majority. (Clement Mok)
Do not confuse the simple with the insane.
57. Simplicity is a state of mind. (Charles Wagner)
We decide whether something is complicated or not.
58. Humility is attentive patience. (Simone Weill)
And patience is what gets us far.
59. Humility is the solid foundation of all virtues. (Confucius)
All virtue comes from our human simplicity.
60. When there is no humility, people are degraded. (Agatha Christie)
They are destroyed inside, because they cannot find peace.
61. The secret of wisdom, power and knowledge is humility. (Ernest Hemingway)
Who lega arrives and loses his humility, he does not take long to fall or to be left alone.
62. Build your character, stay humble and never forget where you come from.
Forgetting our origin leads us to seek to be something other than we are.
63. The humility of hypocrites is the greatest and most arrogant of pride. (Martin Luther)
Arrogant people disguise themselves as humble to seek power.
64. How nice to be with simple and humble people. Not with people who think it’s a big deal.
Proud people tend to steal our energy.
65. Here is my secret. It’s very simple: it only comes with the heart. What is essential is invisible to the eye. (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
The things that make us happy are the things that fill our interior.
66. Art is the expression of the deepest thoughts in the simplest way. (Albert Einstein)
This is why it is so important to work on how we express ourselves.
67. Great men are simple, mediocre ones pompous. (Jaime Luciano Balmes)
The difference between truly successful men and greedy ones.
68. There is no greatness where simplicity, goodness and truth are lacking. (Leo Tolstoy)
It’s just an empty greatness, it’s not worth it.
69. Never say that achieving simplicity is difficult! Such an absurd statement comes from the ego. (Ilie Cioara)
It’s hard when you think it’s absurd.
70. Simply accepting it is the best way to give thanks for a good favor received.
Do not reject what is offered to you with love.
71. I simply meant sincere people, without hypocrisy and without considering myself as their scale…
Surrounding yourself with simplicity means having real and honest people by your side.
72. Knowledge is a process of accumulation of facts; the wisdom lies in its simplification. (Martin H. Fischer)
We understand things as we perceive them.
73. If anything has led us to success, it is simplicity, humility and hard work. (Sergio Ramos)
Success is not built in a hurry.
74. And the simpler things are, the less mistakes are made. (Ken Follet)
When we cover more than we can, we tend to fall very quickly.
75. Simplicity consists in making the journey for life, only with the necessary baggage. (Charles Dudley Warner)
It is understood that the void we may have will not be filled by anything material.
76. Simplicity of character is the natural result of deep thought. (William Hazlitt)
We can achieve simplicity when we reflect and modify our actions.
77. Only those who know how to be small are great in life. (José Angel Buesa)
Who doesn’t need to humiliate others to stand out.
78. The only wisdom we can hope to acquire is the wisdom of humility. (TS Eliot)
Learn to be simple and calm.
79. Anything simple always interests me. (David Hockney)
Many prefer to stay away from difficult things.
80. Simplicity is not the goal. It’s the byproduct of a great idea and modest expectations. (Paul Rand)
It is what allows us to get where we want to go.
81. Our life is abused by details. Simplify, simplify. (Henry David Thoreau)
It’s easy to succumb to the chaos of the world, so we need to find our peace of mind.
82. It is possible to recognize the truth by its beauty and simplicity. (Richard Feinman)
The truth is simpler than you think.
83. Simplicity makes me happy. (Alicia Keys)
A life without problems can only bring happiness.
84. Original is the one that returns to the simplicity of the first solutions. (Anthony Gaudi)
Things usually go back to the beginning to improve.
85. I love outer simplicity, which harbors great inner complexity. (Rene Lavand)
We are all complex, but we have the ability to order our chaos.
86. You have to work hard with a clear mind to make things simple. It’s worth going all the way because when you’re done you can move mountains. (Steve Jobs)
Don’t stop chasing your dreams, but keep your mind focused on reality.
87. Simplicity is the final achievement. (Frédéric Chopin)
A goal that many pursue at some point.
88. Thinking well does not only interest philosophers, but the simplest people. (Jaime Balmes)
Think of positive things that benefit us.
89. When one is simple (in speech, in actions, even in poetry) one runs the uncomfortable risk of being taken for a fool. (Mario Benedetti)
Unfortunately, not everyone is able to appreciate simplicity.
90. It is perhaps the very simplicity of the question that misleads us. (Edgar Allen Poe)
When one looks for the difficult, the simple is incomprehensible.
91. The simplification of life is one of the steps towards inner peace. (Mildred Norman)
The real goal to pursue is to find peace in our lives.
92. The art of simplicity is a puzzle of complexity. (Douglas Horton)
Chaotic people don’t understand simplicity.
93. Simplicity reveals the pure beauty of life. (Avilir Mridha)
Beauty lies in simplicity.
94. Man is an exceedingly complicated organism. If it is doomed to extinction, it will die for lack of simplicity. (Ezra Book)
An important reflection on our commitment to making things complicated.
95. Seek simplicity in chaos and harmony in discord. (Bruce Lee)
The best way to free yourself is to take refuge in calm.
96. Look for simplicity and distrust. (Alfred North Whitehead)
Stay humble and be careful with those around you.
97. If the human brain was so simple that we could understand it, then we would be so simple that we couldn’t understand it.
Things are getting complicated because of us.
98. An intellectual says something simple in a difficult way. An artist says something difficult in a simple way. (Charles Bukowski)
The importance of knowing how to communicate.
99. You win and you lose, you rise and fall, you are born and you die. And if the story is so simple, why are you so worried? (Facundo Cabral)
Life is constant change, so instead of fighting it, it’s better to adapt.
100. Nothing is simpler than greatness; in fact, to be simple is to be grand. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
Greatness isn’t having more, it’s being a better person.