Having a more positive view of the world is not only beneficial for improving the way we deal with problems, but also for educating our minds and being more compassionate with ourselves.
To facilitate inspiration in this direction, we will review here several of the best phrases of positive psychologycommented.
The most inspiring positive psychology phrases
Psychology is a very beneficial tool for re-educating and regaining the motivation that can be lost through the hustle and bustle of everyday life. Therefore, we bring a compilation with the best positive psychology phrases that will give us a better view of our lives.
1. Trusting yourself does not guarantee success, but it does not guarantee failure (Albert Bandura)
We must always trust in our abilities.
2. The great discovery of my generation is that human beings can change their lives by changing their mental attitudes (William James)
We are the result of what we think.
3. A happy life is an individual creation that you cannot copy from others. (Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi)
You are responsible for how you live life.
4. The good life is a process. Not just a state of being. (Carl Rogers)
Every day you must strive to know how to enjoy life.
5. Life is your best opportunity to be more, to grow, and to enjoy. (Bernabe Tierno)
Life is beautiful and full of many opportunities.
6. Most people don’t want freedom, because freedom involves responsibility, and most people are afraid of responsibility. (Sigmund Freud)
Responsibility is a taboo subject for many people.
7. Follow your heart but take your brain with you. (Alfred Adler)
Combine your feelings with your thoughts for the path to be successful.
8. Let your smile change the world, but don’t let the world change your smile. (Michelle Styles)
You can change others with your way of being, but don’t allow others to change your essence.
9. Learn from the past, live in the present and work for the future. (Joyce Meyer)
To have a good future, you have to live every day to the full and learn from your mistakes.
10. From our vulnerabilities come our strengths. (Sigmund Freud)
Don’t be afraid of your weaknesses, face them and you will know your strengths.
11. We are not prisoners of the past. (Martin Seligman)
Don’t dwell in the past, just learn from it and move on.
12. Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier. (Colin Powell)
If you practice optimism on a daily basis, success is assured.
13. Positive thinking is more than just a slogan. It changes the way we behave. (Harvey MacKay)
If you change your way of thinking, it will change your behavior and therefore your way of seeing life.
14. I guess it’s tempting to treat everything like a nail, if the only tool you have is a hammer. (Abraham Maslow)
Don’t let life situations get to you, just fight to get ahead.
15. A spirit cannot be understood without culture. (Lev Vygotsky)
Knowledge is the key to success.
16. When the most intense conflicts are overcome, they leave a sense of security and tranquility that is not easily disturbed. (Carl Jung)
By overcoming difficult times, self-confidence increases.
17. The message sent is not always the message received. (Virginia Satir)
The message that is given to life is not always reciprocated.
18. You are what you do, not what you say you will do (Carl Jung)
Let your actions speak for you.
19. Weak wills translate into speech; the strong, in action (Gustave Le Bon)
The weak character does not bring what one wants, on the contrary, one must be decisive in everything that is proposed.
20. Love and happiness are to men what water and the sun are to plants. (Jonathan Haidt)
To be happy and to feel loved is the energy that guides the path.
21. People need each other. The sooner we find out, the better. (Erik Erikson)
Teamwork yields better results.
22. To live is to be born every moment. (Erich Fromm)
Every sunrise is an opportunity to live fully.
23. When we have to make a choice and we don’t, it’s already a choice. (William James)
When you decide to change, you have already taken the first step.
24. We all want to be happy without pain, but you can’t have a rainbow without a little rain. (Anonymous)
Happiness comes from the hand of some painful moments.
25. In life sometimes you win, others you learn. (John Maxwell)
Life is not just about winning, it also has lessons.
26. Being in the moment is a major component of mental health. (Abraham Maslow)
If you want to live in the present, focus on the present as well.
27. I know who you are and say what you feel, because those who mess up don’t matter and those who care won’t bother. (Fritz Perls)
Never stop being yourself and saying what you feel and think.
28. Positive thinking will make you do everything better than negative thinking. (Zig Ziglar)
Surround yourself with thoughts that will bring you peace and help you move forward.
29. They never taught you to speak with your gestures, but if you were taught to speak with words. (Paul Ekman)
Be careful what you say, words are a double edged sword.
30. Even when it’s not completely attainable, we get better at trying to pursue a higher goal. (Viktor Frankl)
It’s not about obsessing over success, it’s about continuing to grow.
31. We must learn to live with uncertainty. (Gerd Gigerenzer)
Insecurity will always be part of our lives.
32. The secret of human existence lies not only in life, but also in knowing the reason for which one lives (Fyodor Dostoyevsky)
To be happy, we must live our lives in such a way that we feel satisfied with what we are doing.
33. If you want to be wise, learn to ask reasonable questions, listen carefully, respond calmly, and be quiet when you have nothing to say. (Johann Kaspar Lavater)
Acquiring wisdom doesn’t just have to do with knowledge, it goes beyond that.
34. The best exercise is to be honest with yourself. (Sigmund Freud)
You can lie to others, but never to yourself.
35. Remember: everything is learned by trial and error. (Walter Riso)
We must learn through our own mistakes.
36. Truth has a fictional structure. (Jacques Lacan)
What is true for many is a lie for others.
37. Education is what survives when you have forgotten what you have learned. (BF Skinner)
Being educated is much better than having a wealth of knowledge.
38. Enjoy the little things in life, one day you will realize that they are the big ones. (Robert Brault)
The little things that life gives us are also important.
39. Great changes are often accompanied by a violent shock. It’s not the end of the world, but the start of something new. (Anonymous)
Don’t be afraid of change, it’s part of life.
40. The word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced with sadness. (Carl Jung)
Happiness and sadness work together, neither survives without the other.
41. Money does not buy you happiness, but lack of money certainly buys you misery. (Daniel Kahnmann)
Money is not the most important thing in life, but it helps a lot.
42. If an individual is intellectually passive, he cannot be morally free. (Jeans Piaget)
The practice of what we learn is what shapes our actions.
43. The true seeker grows and learns, and discovers that he is always primarily responsible for what happens. (Jorge Bucay)
Never stop looking for what will lead you to success.
44. There’s no reason a man can’t learn to think. (BF Skinner)
Each person is unique, as is their way of thinking.
45. Life is a fluid and changing process, in which nothing is fixed. (Carl Rogers)
Life is a journey with endless landscapes, some beautiful and some not so much.
46. The most dangerous words are “never”, “everything”, “nothing” and “always”. And that’s because they never leave options. (Walter Riso)
Eliminate from your vocabulary the words that do not add up, but subtract.
47. Success requires perseverance, the ability not to give up in the face of failure. I think the optimistic style is the key to perseverance. (Martin Seligman)
Perseverance and perseverance are the key to success.
48. Intelligence is what you use when you don’t know what to do. (Jean Piaget)
There are always options, you just have to find them.
49. If you change the way you see things, you will change the things you see. (Wayne Dyer)
Only you can change things just by looking at them from a different angle.
50. Creativity requires the courage to let go of certainties. (Erich Fromm)
There are things that can only be solved with a little creativity.
51. Most social acts must be understood in their context, because they lose their meaning if they are isolated. (Solomon Ash)
You must work together to achieve the goal.
52. Anything worth teaching can be presented in different ways. These multiple ways can make us use our multiple intelligences. (Howard Gardner)
There are always strategies to teach something.
53. Nothing happens by chance. There is no luck. There is a meaning behind every little fact. It may not be clear right away, but it will be before long. (Richard Bach)
Luck is a reflection of hard work and perseverance.
54. The better you feel, the less ability you will have to prove it. (Robert Main)
If you accept yourself as you are, you won’t need to explain.
55. The disappearance of the sense of responsibility is the greatest consequence of submission to authority. (Stanley Milgram)
Responsibility is a value that few put into practice.
56. A prejudice, unlike a mere error, actively resists all evidence to overthrow it. (Gordon W. Allport)
You don’t have to be prejudiced about anything or anyone.
57. If you want to understand something true, try to change it. (Kurt Levin)
Change the things you can do, don’t get discouraged.
58. Happiness is when what you think, say and do are in harmony. (Mahatma Gandhi)
To be completely happy is a daunting task.
59. I am not in this life to meet other people’s expectations, nor do I think the world should meet mine. (Fritz Perls)
Each person is responsible for meeting only their expectations.
60. There is a negative correlation between recovery and psychological therapy: the more psychological therapy, the less the patient recovers. (Hans Eysenck)
Psychological therapies are only effective if there are positive thoughts.
61. People have motives and thoughts of which they are unaware. (Albert Ellis)
Negative thoughts are part of people.
62. It’s never too late to be what you want to be. (George Eliot)
There is no age to learn to grow.
63. A spirit cannot be understood without culture. (Vygotsky)
Knowledge and the mind go hand in hand.
64. Hope is the most indispensable virtue inherent in the condition of being alive. (Erik Erikson)
Hope is something that still prevails in difficulties.
65. If you do your best, you won’t regret it. (George Hallas)
In everything you do, give your best.
66. When I accept who I am, I will become what I could be. (Lao Tzu)
By accepting who you are, you will have great power.
67. Knowing your own darkness is the best way to deal with the darkness of others. (Carl Jung)
When you discover your weaknesses, then you can help others.
68. Never think you know everything. No matter how much you value yourself, always have the courage to tell yourself: I am ignorant. (Ivan Pavlov)
You never think more than anything else, you can have a not very pleasant surprise.
69. Psychology, unlike chemistry, algebra, or literature, is a textbook for your own mind. It is a life guide. (Daniel Goldstein)
If you have a problem, do not hesitate to go see a psychologist, it will be very useful to you.
70. The only normal people are the ones you don’t know very well. (Alfred Adler)
Each person has a different way of being.
71. What one can become, one must be. (Abraham Maslow)
Always keep in mind what you want to achieve.
72. If you’re looking for someone to change your life, try looking in the mirror. (Anonymous)
You are the only person who can change your life.
73. Through others, we become ourselves. (Lev Vygotsky)
There are people who are so special that they help us to be better.
74. The spirit does not dominate the body, but becomes the body. body and mind are one. (Candace Pert)
Seek to unite your body and your mind, the changes will be excellent.
75. You must always open your mind, before your mouth. (Aristophanes)
Before speaking, you have to think.
76. As long as you know who you are, you don’t have to prove anything to anyone. (Anonymous)
Trust your abilities.
77. The risk of a wrong decision is better than the terror of indecision. (Maimonides)
It is better to fail than to try.
78. There are three sentences that keep us from moving forward: I have to do things well, you have to treat me well, and the world has to be easy. (Albert Ellis)
Don’t demand more than you can give.
79. When we take the time to realize that things are going well for us, it means that we receive small rewards throughout the day. (Martin Seligman)
Find a moment to enjoy what life has to offer.
80. Giving produces more happiness than receiving, not because it is a deprivation, but because in the act of giving is the expression of my vitality. (Erich Fromm)
Focus on giving rather than expecting something in return.
81. People who believe they have the power to exercise some control over their lives are healthier, more efficient, and more successful than those who lack confidence in their ability to make changes in their lives. life. (Albert Bandura)
If you trust your abilities, the world opens up completely.
82. Nothing gives life more meaning than realizing that every moment of awareness is a precious and fragile gift. (Steven Pinker)
Every moment is a gift that must be appreciated.
83. If we don’t believe in free speech for people we despise, we don’t believe in it at all. (Noam Chomsky)
Everyone has the right to have an opinion, even those who make mistakes.
84. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make. (Jane Goodall)
Your actions are what mark the changes in your life.
85. Worry should lead us to action, not depression. (Karen Horney)
If something worries you, focus on the solution.
86. We have two minds, one that thinks and one that feels. (Daniel Golemman)
What you think and what you feel should match.
87. What a child can do by cooperating today can only be done tomorrow. (Lev Vygotsky)
Today’s steps will be tomorrow’s achievements.
88. Well-being is not achieved by hiding our weaknesses, but by making our strengths shine. (Anonymous)
Show your weaknesses fearlessly and hold on to your strengths.
89. Life begins every five minutes. (Andreu Buenafuente)
There is always an opportunity to break with the past and start over.
90. Geniuses are admired, men of health are envied, men of power are feared; but he trusts only men of character. (Alfred Adler)
Geniuses are admired, men of health are envied, men of power are feared; but he trusts only men of character. (Alfred Adler)
91. Being vulnerable does not mean weakness. This myth is very dangerous. (Brene Brown)
Vulnerability is not a matter of weakness.
92. Life is not about having more, but about living. (Nick Vujicic)
Happiness is not having a lot, but knowing how to live with what you have.
93. The curious paradox is that when I accept myself, I can change (Carl Rogers)
Only when we accept ourselves as we are is when we truly change.
94. People are not bothered by things, but by their opinions about them. (Epithet)
There is only disruption when you have different points of view.
95. My mistakes were seeds. (Alejandro Jodorowsky)
Mistakes are experiences that help shape a better future.
96. Only these intense conflicts and their conflagration are necessary to produce valid and lasting results. (Carl Jung)
Difficult problems and constant struggle help us stay on track.
97. The disappearance of the sense of responsibility is the greatest consequence of submission to authority. (Stanley Milgram)
Having no sense of responsibility, we are easy targets for others.
98. When I look at the world, I am pessimistic, but when I look at people, I am optimistic. (Carl Rogers)
The world may be a bad place, but people still retain some humanity.
99. I firmly believe that when I am positive, it not only improves me, but it also improves those around me. (Harvey MacKay)
Positivism not only affects those who possess it, but also those around them.
100. Each day has 1,440 minutes. This means we have 1,440 daily opportunities to have a positive impact. (The Browns)
We must not miss the opportunities presented to us.
101. Consciousness control determines the quality of life. (Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi)
If we can control our thoughts, we can control everything.
102. He who is happy also makes others happy. (Anna Freud)
Happiness is contagious.
103. Our fears do not stop death, but life. (Elisabeth Kubler Ross)
Fears keep us from realizing our dreams.
104. The better you feel, the less you feel the need to show it. (Robert Main)
If you accept who you are, nothing can hurt you.
105. We can ignore these differences and assume that all of our minds are the same. Or we can take the differences between them. (Howard Gardner)
Every person is different, especially in your way of thinking.
106. When inspiration can’t find me, I go halfway to find it. (Sigmund Freud)
If you can’t find inspiration, change direction.
107. If I fell, it was because I was walking. And it’s worth the walk, even if you fall. (Eduardo Galeano)
If you failed it’s because you tried something, congratulations.
108. Love and happiness are to men what water and the sun are to plants. (Jonathan Haidt)
Two natural states of life that we pursue for eternity.
109. Love is a micro moment of warmth that you share with other living beings. (Barbara L. Fredrickson)
Love in life is important and fundamental.
110. Creative people who can’t help but explore other mental territories are more at risk; just as someone climbing a mountain will be more at risk than someone just walking along a village lane. (Ronald Laing)
Any new breakthrough means a potential risk to be taken, but with a great outcome.