Mark Zuckerberg, the founding genius of Facebook, Is an essential figure for anyone who wants to start a business.
Born in 1984 in the town of White Plains, near New York, he studied computer science at Harvard, although he did not officially finish his studies until 12 years later, when he had already founded Facebook.
The best quotes from Mark Zuckerberg, founder of Facebook
The success of the social network Facebook has made Zuckerberg one of the richest people according to Forbes magazine, and an idol to businessmen and internet users around the world.
In this article, we’ll go over some of Mark Zuckerberg’s best quotes, along with some quotes from his lectures, interviews, and books.
1. Ideas must take shape. They come true when you work on them. Get started.
An essential key to any project: the path is made on foot.
2. It’s great to be an idealist, but you have to be prepared to be misunderstood.
Brilliant people usually take a long time to gain approval from their surroundings.
3. Motivation is thinking that we are part of something bigger, that we are needed, that we have a purpose to work for. Motivation is what really makes us happy.
Having goals is essential to progress towards happiness.
4. The best memory I have of Harvard was meeting Priscilla.
He talks about his wife, whom he met in the halls of the faculty.
5. Entrepreneurship thrives when it is easy to try out so many different ideas. Facebook was not the first project I developed.
The ability to test ideas is what moves a project in the right direction.
6. I want to talk to you about three ways to create a world where everyone has a motivation: to undertake together large relevant projects, to redefine equal opportunities to have the freedom to choose our motivation and to create a global community.
One of Zuckerberg’s quotes that best defines his work philosophy.
6. What if we modernize democracy so that everyone can vote on the Internet and personalize education so that everyone can learn?
His desire to democratize all facets of public life may soon become a reality.
7. Everything we do will cause problems in the future, but it shouldn’t hold us back.
As a result, new and better technologies emerge, new and more complex problems appear.
8. Anyone with initiative will always be criticized for going too fast because there is always someone who wants you to fall.
An inevitable truth that we must keep in mind.
9. The greatest successes are achieved when there is a risk of failure.
Otherwise, we would not discover the joy of overcoming doubts and obstacles.
10. A very simple rule for business is to start with the simplest things, so that progress will come.
You don’t want to start your project by wanting to cover a thousand things. Focus on one and develop it to perfection.
11. People can be very smart or have truly admirable abilities, but if they don’t believe in themselves and their ideas, they won’t work hard for them.
The key to success is not the potential, but knowing how to put it into place the right way.
12. I started in this field at 19 and had no idea of a business. If I could, everyone could.
A motivating phrase for anyone looking to start a business, at any age.
13. I think over time people are remembered for what they built, people don’t care what someone says about you in a movie. He cares about what you have built.
About the fame and memory it generates in people.
14. We are looking for people who are passionate about something, who show initiative to do things on their own.
In this reflection, he explains what his criteria are for recruiting new talent for Facebook.
15. We are all in this life to make a long term wish come true, everything else is just a distraction.
His vision of life is summed up in this sentence.