Jeff Bezos (Albuquerque, 1954) is a new technology entrepreneur and the founder of Amazon. This American genius was named by Forbes magazine as the richest person in the world in 2017, with an estimated net worth of over $ 100 billion.
Bezos studied computer science and electrical engineering at Princeton University. His career as a platform developer has grown steadily.
Jeff Bezos’ best quotes and thoughts
In this article, we will discover the best thoughts and phrases of Jeff Bezos, the founding genius of Amazon.com., Better understand his philosophy and the ideas that led him to be the person he is today and to develop projects of international projection.
1. I believe that austerity and sobriety stimulate innovation. One of the few ways out of a narrow box is to invent your own way.
The more rational and measured your movements, the more likely you are to stand out in any entrepreneurial project.
2. In the ancient world, you spent 30% of your time creating great service and 70% delivering it. In the new time, this is reversed.
The rules have changed.
3. Work hard, have fun, write the story.
A motivating phrase that can help you start a winning project.
4. Some degree of failure must be anticipated.
Taking into account the possible weaknesses of a project will make us aware of the obstacles.
5. E-commerce will be a large industry in which many businesses will be successful at the same time with different strategies. There is no place here for ten or a hundred companies, but for thousands or tens of thousands of companies.
An optimistic view of the future of the technology sector.
6. Mission: to force small publishers to think big.
In the publishing world, to resist is to have a great critical mass.
7. There are two types of businesses, those that try to charge more and those that try to charge less. We will be part of the second group.
Optimizing a business means optimizing production processes, in other words maintaining quality at the lowest cost.
8. Life is too short to surround yourself with people who do nothing for your life.
A sentence to know how to select companies well.
9. We rely mainly on word of mouth, it is not in vain that the Internet is a formidable sounding board.
From small to large, according to this reflection of Jeff Bezos.
10. What offends me the most is when I walk up to a bank and see a warning trying to convince people to take out a second mortgage with them so they can go on vacation. Sounds bad to me.
A review of the abuse of certain financial institutions.
11. If you are not stubborn, you will withdraw from your own experiences prematurely. And if you’re not flexible, you won’t see a different solution to the problem you’re trying to solve.
The fine line between giving up and being obsessed with a losing project.
12. Books don’t die, they just go digital.
On the evolution of the publishing world.
13. Intelligence is a gift, kindness a choice.
You don’t need education to act benevolently.
14. Our vision is a customer-centric world.
The important thing in a business is to know in depth the needs and desires of the customers.
15. A business doesn’t have to get used to always shining. It’s addicting and it doesn’t last forever.
You have to be mentalized for the arrival of lean cows, and more so in such a volatile environment.
16. All businesses must be young at all times.
Dynamism and agility to resist in an ultra-competitive environment.
17. If you claim to never be criticized, do nothing.
Clearer than water – whatever you do, you will always be the target of your detractors.
18. If you are focusing on competition, you have to wait for a new competitor to come and do something. Instead, being consumer-centric allows you to be more of a trailblazer.
A maxim to apply in your business.
19. With every discovery, there will always be a little luck.
But we must seek this chance with tenacity and daily effort.
20. The key to the future is personalization. At present, we have 6.2 million customers. Let’s make a custom store for each of them. When you walk into a traditional bookstore, the first thing you come across are bestsellers, even if you never buy a bestseller. And is that physical stores are designed to meet the wishes of the legendary “average consumer”. The truth is, they have no other way out. They can’t rearrange the store every time a new customer knocks on their door. However, this is possible on the Internet.
An excellent quote from Jeff Bezos, who reflects on the future of business.
21. We are sowing too many seeds right now (…) and I can assure you that whatever we are doing will not work.
Another reflection on the uncertainty surrounding each project.
22. We are going to hire even more specialized staff, but we must also continue to learn. If we are not content with our core business, change will happen without us, our knowledge will be delayed quickly and we will be in danger.
From humility and daily work, Jeff Bezos studies the present and the future with his particular vision.
23. In 1995, she raised $ 1 million from 22 “angel” investors who contributed approximately $ 20,000 each. Everyone asked me the same thing: what is the Internet? And only 16 years ago! The change has been extraordinary. No other technology has developed as rapidly and globally as the Internet. It is probably unheard of in the history of our civilization.
On the technological change of the last decades.