Are you a lover of Rap music and Hip Hop culture? This musical and aesthetic trend originated in New York in the 1970s. It was mainly led by African Americans who lived repressed by a racist and unequal society.
Over the years, this lifestyle was gaining momentum. This is how graffiti, break-dance and rap were born.
Famous rap phrases and verses
From the first representatives of this subculture, such as MC Hummer, Grandmaster Flash or RUN DMC, to idols like 2Pac or Notorious Big and reaching contemporary rappers like Eminem, 50 Cent or Snoop Dogg, the truth is that rap has gained ground.
The torn lyrics and social protest of these rappers cemented a harsh aesthetic, with explicit lyrics that endanger the political and ethical system of capitalist society.
In this article, we have compiled the best phrases from Rap and Hip Hop culture. These are famous quotes and verses from different rappers, Spanish and international, which testify to his critical thinking.
“Rapper Kase.O’s 70 Best Quotes”
“Rapper Nach’s 32 Best Quotes”
“72 phrases about music for music lovers like you”
1. Spain is dead, let’s see if it wakes up. The solution? Let the planet explode … (Sho-Hai)
A sample of the innate pessimism of Zaragoza rapper Sergio Rodríguez.
2. God gave you shoes in your size, so put them on and wear them. Be yourself and be proud to be like that. And no matter how cheesy it sounds, never let them say you’re not pretty. (Eminem)
The Detroit ™ leaves us with valuable thoughts and phrases about self-esteem.
3. There is a lot of potential that is not being used in places like South Central, a lot of bright, smart people who just don’t have this opportunity to prove it. (Ice Cube)
It is not only a question of having a talent, but also of having the social conditions so that this talent is expressed and valued.
4. Attentive people serving burgers? A very dignified court yes, but that does not make up for it. (Sho-Hai)
One of the injustices of the Spanish economic system: highly qualified people who end up taking jobs with low added value.
7. Listen, if you only had one shot, a chance to get everything you ever wanted, in an instant, would you capture it or let it slip away? (Eminem)
Another line from Marshall Matters that urges us to take advantage of all the opportunities that life has to offer.
8. Don’t worry about being a star, don’t worry about doing a good job, and all the best will come to you. (Ice Cube)
To be known, bother yourself before you are the best at you.
9. The approach taken by the music industry to combat piracy is not the right strategy. (MC Hammer)
A reflection on piracy and intellectual property.
10. Money is the answer to 99.9% of questions. (Vanilla sky)
Unfortunately, this is our company.
11. I do not respect anyone who is believed to be my boss. (Assassin)
The leader of the Malagan group Parlant Clara is clear about his freedom and is ready to exercise it.
12. It is not a desire and I cannot, it is an I can and I have done it. (Frank T)
The Spanish MC demonstrates his steel spirit song after song.
13. For a sincere I love you, I die for you whenever I don’t feel you, I swear your love was my breath. (Rapsusklei)
Rapsusklei leaves us verses which are pure poetry.
14. Criticize my life when yours is an example. (DuoKie)
No one has the right to criticize others if he is not a clear example of morality.
15. A lie and I question all of your truths. (Kase.O)
It only takes one lie to question all of the past.
16. He who has no hold is a buffoon in this quarrel; where God has two names, one is dollar and the other is euro. (Nach)
The Alicante rapper has lyrics full of social criticism.
17. Your eardrums receive decibel shocks because respect for the laws of silence is imperative. (Assassin)
Another famous verse from the Andalusian rapper.
18. Smoking marijuana doesn’t make you a bad person. Not doing it does no good. (Wiz Khalifa)
A reflection on drugs and individual freedom.
19. For me the seventies were very inspiring and very influential … like Snoop Dogg, as a person and as a rapper. I love the 70s style, the way all the gamers [de baloncesto] they dressed, you know, combed their hair very carefully, drove sports cars … (Snoop Dogg)
A phrase from the Californian rapper who exudes nostalgia.
20. Remember who is right for you, what you are giving and not having, what you know what you want and respect the way you are. (The Titus)
The Catalan rapper, member of Falsalarma, leaves us this precious reflection.
21. The universe that is my grandfather told me that after this duel, I came to Earth and the Sun remained in the sky. (Kase.O)
22. I have changed, neither by fool nor by point … if you trust God, it is because you distrust yourself. (Xhelazz)
Another Aragonese rapper, Xhelazz, reminds us of Jung and his “overcompensation for doubt”.
23. I will die like everyone else but only live like a few because I refuse to be just another. (Chojin)
A rap phrase that reminds us to enjoy life.
24. Sometimes the one who asks is smarter than the one who has answers to everything. (Lyrics)
David Gilaberte, member of Verse Violators, in an ode to skepticism and humility.
25. The sound of the 90s, for me, is a combination of soul and street: it’s a feeling. (Nas)
The New Yorker recalls the style and sound of the late 20th century.
26. Anyone who can understand can dominate me because I don’t understand either. (Lil Wayne)
A rap phrase that shows us the madness and stress of these micro artists.
27. I know what it’s like to give the stick, I received sticks, in this neighborhood everyone knows who the bad guys are … (Noult)
The Badalonian rapper talks about his hometown.
28. I’m the voice of the neighborhood, the glamor of the suburbs, I skip the schedules and I smoke until my lip burns. (Zatu)
The SFDK chief talks about Pi Montano, a popular neighborhood in Seville.
29. We all have fears, without a doubt, and facing them has always been the best help. (Fish)
Rap tells us, in famous phrases like this, that the best medicine is to draw strength from weakness to deal with our phobias.
30. I felt young but one day I woke up, the first time a street kid told me about you, I stopped for a second and said to myself: no matter the years, I don’t. do not intend to grow old. (Zatu)
A declaration of intent.
31. That there is not even a woman who has to hide with make-up that at home she has the devil for her husband! (Rayden)
The rapper from Madrid, against gender violence.
32. We all have addictions, but we don’t all know how to get rid of them, and that’s where my self-destruction begins. (Valtonyc)
The Mallorcan communist rapper Josep Miquel Arenas, talks about addictions and vices.
33. Isolation is the reward, the reward of thought. (Rafael Lechowski)
A poetic phrase from the Zaragoza rapper.
34. Open the landing gear and stop the descending world. It gives me work and courage to embark on a journey with more links than shortcuts. (Rayden)
The old MC d’Atresbandas gives us this sad verse.
35. I can believe God if I write a new verse, but tell me who I am in proportion to the universe. (Rafael Lechowski)
A sentence that contrasts feelings of grandeur and of insignificance.
36. Millions of joys and sorrows, and among millions of people there is always one that satisfies you. (Shotta)
The Sevillian MC, brother of ToteKing, in a sentence about love and the search for a loved one.
37. Blind of me yes, of my egocentrism, but I feel through the rhythm a powerful magnetism … (Kase.O)
Another famous verse which is considered by many to be the best MC in the language of Cervantes.
38. Eyes that do not see, the heart being double. (Power)
The brutal rapper from Parlant clair, in a meeting that invites us to reflect.
39. Push the bottle while I watch the stars and think you never trust them or them … (ToteKing)
Men and women have a lot to keep quiet about our emotional relationship.
40. I said to him: Mount I take you to the sun, he said to me: What nonsense, you are going to burn !, I told him that I did not think of going there during the day and I laughed …
A deep rap phrase from the hand of the Andalusian rapper.