Mother Teresa of Calcutta is one of the most famous religious figures worldwide.
Originally from Albania but naturalized in India, this nun has distributed aid to the most needy people around the world. She died in 1997 and with her became one of the most charismatic people we can remember.
Famous Phrases and Quotes from Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Throughout her life, this nun and missionary made important reflections and mottos to spread her message. Below is a collection of the best phrases of Mother Teresa of Calcutta.
1. Love starts at home, and it’s not what we do … it’s all the love we put into every action
True love is born of itself. For this missionary, the family plays an important role in our personality and in the way we give love.
2. The deep joy of the heart is like a magnet which indicates the path of life.
According to his spiritual world view, when we connect with our soul, life seems to roll.
3. Our sufferings are benevolent caresses of God, calling us to turn to him, and to be made aware that it is not us who control our lives, but it is God who is in control and we can fully have faith in him.
Mother Teresa of Calcutta was a great nun, as this sentence testifies.
4. I don’t ask for gold to be successful, I ask for happiness
Happiness is the real success of our lives, even above the money.
5. Forgiveness is a decision, not a feeling, because when we forgive we no longer feel the offense, we no longer feel resentment. Forgive me, that by forgiving you will have peace in your soul and what offended you will have it
Forgiveness is the best way to heal our body and mind.
6. If you judge people, you don’t have time to like them
Judging people is a mistake we shouldn’t make, because we often make mistakes.
7. We know very well that what we do is just a drop in the ocean. But if that drop wasn’t there, the ocean would be missing something
Each of our events has an impact on the environment.
8. You will never be busy enough not to think of others.
Even though we are busy, the mind always thinks of those people we love.
9. Love, to be genuine, must cost us
The love suffered is the most cherished.
10. Just live so that others can just live
Giving for others is one of the best ways to feel good.
11. I can’t stop working. I will have all eternity to rest
A quote from Mother Teresa of Calcutta that invites us to deep reflection.
12. There are things you would like to hear and never hear from the person you would like them to say to you. But do not be deaf so as not to hear them from the one who says them from his heart
Often times we value the people we can’t have and we don’t value those who really love us.
13. We must not allow someone to walk away from our presence without feeling better and happier.
Sometimes we can get away from the people we want. It shouldn’t happen.
14. The love revolution begins with a smile. Smile five times a day at someone you don’t really want to smile at. You have to do it for peace
Smiling is the best way to feel good about yourself and make the world a better place.
15. So that a lamp is always on, do not stop putting oil on it.
We have to take care of the love for those people who love us.
16. Don’t just give the superfluous, give your heart
It is better to give up half completely.
17. Peace begins with a smile
When it comes to good humor, it’s all about the health benefits.
18. Any work of love, carried out wholeheartedly, will always succeed in bringing people closer to God.
Again, a phrase from Mother Teresa of Calcutta which clearly shows her admiration for God.
19. Joy is strength
Joy gives us energy and makes us feel good.
20. In love is where peace resides
If we want peace, we must share love.
21. Give until it hurts and when it hurts give more
There is nothing that makes us feel better than giving the best we have to others, especially at times when they are worse. It’s a great exercise in empathy.
22. I alone cannot change the world, but I can throw a stone in the water to create many ripples.
You can only change the world so many people agree to do it.
23. Giving someone all your love is never a guarantee that they will love you too; but don’t expect them to love you, just wait for the love to grow in the other person’s heart. And if it doesn’t grow, be happy because it grew in yours
Giving to someone must come from the heart, there is no need to give for them to recognize us.
24. Joy is a web of love in which souls can be captured.
An interesting quote from Mother Teresa of Calcutta about love.
25. The hunger for love is much more difficult to eliminate than the hunger for bread.
The damage caused by love is just as painful as the physical damage.
26. If you can’t feed a hundred people, feed one.
It is better to make a person happy by helping them, than not helping anyone, and this also serves as an example.
27. The fruit of silence is prayer. The fruit of prayer is faith. The fruit of faith is love. The fruit of love is service. The fruit of service is peace
A nice play on words about peace and religion.
28. If we do not have peace in the world, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other, that this man, this woman, this creature, is my brother or my sister.
Religious values help us all to be united.
29. What takes years to build can be destroyed overnight; we are building anyway.
Even if others want to go to war, it is always better to make peace.
30. Often, a word, a look, a gesture is enough to fill the heart that we love.
True love is demonstrated, not just verbalized.
31. Money can only buy material things, such as food, clothing and shelter. But something more is needed. There are ailments that cannot be cured with money, but only with love
Material things don’t make us happyBut sometimes the opposite happens. They make us love more and we are never satisfied.
32. Many people are willing to do big things, but very few people are willing to do small things.
It’s not easy to meet people who are really worth it, who have a big heart.
33. Love until it hurts you. If it hurts it’s a good sign
A sentence with a certain touch of irony but very real.
34. If you are humble, nothing can harm you, neither praise nor shame, because you know what you are
Humility is one of the best virtues a human being can have.
35. I can do things that you cannot, you can do things that I cannot; together we can do great things
Teamwork brings many benefits, for example, it allows people to complement each other and be better than individuals.
36. Lack of love is the greatest poverty
If love can make us very happy, lack of love makes us unhappy.
37. Our self-examination is the mirror in which we see our successes and our difficulties. That’s why we have to face it with sincerity and love
It is not always easy to do deep personal reflection. The key is to accept yourself.
38. The greatest science in the world, in heaven and on earth; it’s love
Love is everything for human beingsSo, we have to distribute it.
39. Loving is a person’s best virtue
There is nothing that ennobles more than being a person who loves others.
40. Be faithful to the little things, for in them lies the strength.
The little things are the things that make us really happy.
41. There is a very beautiful thing: to share the joy of loving
Sharing love is so much better than giving away money.
42. To work without love is slavery
When you don’t like your job, it’s impossible to be happy.
43. Love cannot remain in itself. Has no sense. Love must be put into action. This activity will bring us to service
Love is to share and to express it.
44. We always end up with a smile, a smile is the beginning of love
Sharing good times with someone is giving love.
45. We don’t need weapons or bombs to bring peace, we need love and compassion
Compassion is one of the best virtues if we are to achieve peace.
46. What matters is how much love we put into the work we do
When we put love into our work, the Flow state appears.
47. For love to be true, it must cost us dearly. It must hurt us. He must empty us of ourselves
As the saying goes, “quarrelsome loves are the most expensive”.
48. Love is a fruit which ripens in all seasons and which is within the reach of all hands.
There is no excuse not to love. If we don’t like, it’s because we don’t want to.
49. Some people come into our lives as blessings. Some come into our lives as lessons
There are people who mark us for good. Others, on the other hand, although their presence was not entirely good, they are used to learn.
50. Trees, flowers, plants grow in silence. The stars, the sun, the moon move in silence. Silence gives us a new perspective
Silence encourages self-reflection, it’s a good way to connect with yourself.
51. Discipline is the link between goals and achievements
Being disciplined is a great virtue because it helps us be successful.
52. Kind words can be short and easy to say, but their echoes are truly endless.
Love must be proven, words are blown away.
53. I’m just a little pencil in the hand of God’s Scripture
Mother Teresa of Calcutta always proved to be a great follower of the Christian religion, and was consistent with this in her way of thinking and adopting a worldview.
54. Spread love everywhere you go
Let people remember you be a good person.
55. We learn through humility, to accept humiliations with happiness
Over time, we realize that it is better not to think about what other people think of us. Happiness is in itself.
56. We cannot always do great things, but we can always give a little of ourselves
If we wish, we can share some of our love with others.
57. Sometimes we feel that what we are doing is not worth it. But there is always someone who will appreciate it.
If it helps anyone, our work will never be in vain.
58. How can there be too many children? It’s like saying there are too many flowers
Children are the joy of the house, just like the flowers in the garden.
59. Love is a fruit of the season at all times and within the reach of all hands
We can all give masters if we look within.
60. We’ll never know how much good a smile can do
A smile can reach our soul, and it can reach our heart and conquer.