The “narcos” (drug traffickers) are criminals who risk their own lives to manufacture and distribute drugs and thus make huge profits, to the point that many of them end up becoming billionaires.
Throughout history, and especially in the twentieth century, the appearance of iconic narcos such as Pablo Escobar or the “Chapo” Guzmán makes these criminals an object of study. So, different series and TV programs explained their incredible lives and their desire for wealth and power.
Best Narcos Phrases
So to showcase the macabre psyche of these ruthless criminals, we wanted to collect the best narcotics phrases.
we forgot an interesting famous phrase or a quote from a famous narco, feel free to include it in the comments section.
1. The drug trade is not going to stop because over time there are more and more of us and it will never stop. (Chapo Guzmán)
Criminal cases, unfortunately, do not seem likely to end in the short term.
2. I know that one day I will die, but I hope it is of natural causes. (Chapo Guzmán)
On the possibility of being killed by other gangs or by the police.
3. I have never done anything to get people to use more drugs. People, in a way, want to know how they feel or how their tastes are. And then the addiction gets worse. (Chapo Guzmán)
Why do people become addicted.
4. To be free, then to be happy, for freedom is very beautiful. (Chapo Guzmán)
After years behind bars, Chapo congratulated himself on his freedom.
5. From the time I started in the drug business until now, there has been a big difference. Today there are a lot of drugs, but at that time the only ones we knew about were marijuana and poppy. (Chapo Guzmán)
The industry has become more complex to meet consumer expectations.
6. This is normal for me because I have been walking around some cities for a few years, and no, I don’t feel anything that is hurting my health or my mind. I feel good. (Chapo Guzmán)
About his health.
7. The day when I do not exist, will not decrease drug trafficking. (Chapo Guzmán)
When Chapo dies, another will take his place and the business will continue to exist.
8. From what I see and know is that everything remains the same, it has not decreased, it has not increased. (Chapo Guzmán)
Increase in drug use despite imprisonment.
9. Partly because some people already grow up with problems and already have envy or information they give out against the person. This is what breeds violence. (Chapo Guzmán)
The origins of violence, even in childhood, according to Chapo.
10. I have not used drugs in the past 20 years. (Chapo Guzmán)
To be a good narco, you can’t consume.
11. I supply more heroin, methamphetamine, cocaine and marijuana than anyone in the world. I have a fleet of submarines, planes, trucks and boats. (Chapo Guzmán)
Benefiting from its incredible logistics and infrastructure.
12. I no longer defend myself, but let me walk in search of problems, never. (Chapo Guzmán)
This is Guzmán’s point of view on his criminal scene.
13. No, sir, for nothing, because the people who engage in this activity do not depend on me. (Chapo Guzmán)
Talk about dealers.
14. I hope that when he dies, it is not by a bullet in the neck. (Chapo Guzmán)
A terrible way to pray for a peaceful death.
15. Pay an advance. (Pablo Escobar)
Famous phrase from Pablo Escobar with which he gave his enemies two options: pay or die.
16. Everything in this life has a solution except death. (Pablo Escobar)
Of course, after killing someone, there is no turning back.
17. Life should be lived irresponsibly, but responsibly. (Pablo Escobar)
A paradox from the mouth of Escobar Gaviria.
18. The dog with the money is called Mr. Dog. (Pablo Escobar)
So much you have, so much you are worth, according to the Colombian narco.
19. People somehow try to find out how they feel or like. And here the addiction grows. (Chapo Guzmán)
From curiosity to the ruin of addiction.
20. Live with my family on the days God gives me. (Chapo Guzmán)
It is his only will.
21. I think if the Mexican government finds me, of course, it arrested me, but it won’t kill me. (Chapo Guzmán)
And finally, it was accomplished.
22. Many years ago I tried the drug. I tried, but getting hooked, no. (Chapo Guzmán)
This is how Guzmán speaks of his contact with toxic substances.
23. I asked God and he came out, everything came out perfect. I am here, thank goodness. (Chapo Guzmán)
Sadly, Guzmán is grateful to God for staying alive.
24. If I am “the Lord of the heavens” then your brother would be “the Lord of the tunnels”. There aren’t that many holes several miles from the border without having someone to check them out, please. (Dear Carrillo Fuentes)
Evidence explained by a famous narco.
25. The will of man is stronger than the bars of iron. (Dear Carrillo Fuentes)
If you want you can get it. It’s a question of tenacity.
26. A society that does not interpret and appreciate its past properly cannot understand its current fortunes and adversities and can be taken by surprise in an ever-changing world. (Dawood Ibrahim Kaska)
This is not a phrase from a historian, but from a dangerous narco.
27. We have generated most of the jobs in the country. We have given Colombia a lot of future. (Gonzalo Rodríguez Gacha)
One of those drug quotes that emphasizes the positive of drug trafficking.
28. We read the press every day and a very naughty voice, that’s what I call hot money. (Gonzalo Rodríguez Gacha)
29. How do you bribe someone who walks in a Volkswagen 53? (Miguel Rodríguez Orejuela)
A rhetorical question.
30. The reason I tied myself to it was something that somehow had a cause that wasn’t so wrong. (Jorge Salcedo)
Most narcotics agree that, from their perspective, drug trafficking had clearly positive social aspects.
31. It is a reality that drugs destroy. Where I grew up there was no other way and there is still no way to survive. (Chapo Guzmán)
Reflection on the disaster caused by drugs.
32. I don’t see myself as a violent person, I just defend myself, nothing more. But can I create problems? Can. (Chapo Guzmán)
About his non-violent mind … at least, he said.
33. Drug trafficking is already part of an ancestral culture. And not just in Mexico, but all over the world. (Chapo Guzmán)
On the distant origins of this illicit activity.
34. Cocaine is the atomic bomb of Latin America. (Carlos Lehder Rivas)
A personal point of view on the main problem of Spanish-speaking America.
35. You can go very far with a smile. You can go much further with a smile and a gun. (Al Capone)
A funny phrase from the narco mafia that terrorized the streets of Chicago.
36. Now I know why tigers eat their young. (Al Capone)
A brutal metaphor from which we must deduce that Capone liquidated some of his servants.
37. I have been charged with all the deaths except the list of victims of the world war. (Al Capone)
Ironic sentence with which Scarface makes it clear that he is accused of multiple murders.
38. Be careful who you consider to be your friends. I prefer to have four quarters than a hundred pence. (Al Capone)
About the importance of having a small group of people you can trust.
39. I am like any other man. All I do is cover a lawsuit. (Al Capone)
People want drugs, Capone gives them.
40. Vote hourly and vote often. (Al Capone)
On his ideal of democracy.
41. Do not think that I am one of those radicals. Don’t get me wrong with the idea that I’m hitting the American system. (Al Capone)
He simply took advantage of the rules of the system, albeit outside the system.
42. I don’t even know which street Canada is on. (Al Capone)
Ironic sentence which is a certain contempt for this country.
43. I built my organization on fear. (Al Capone)
Through fear and oppression, they can build systems of great complexity.
44. The ban caused only problems. (Al Capone)
On the dry law.
45. I have spent the best years of my life giving people the best pleasures, helping them have a good time and what I get is abuse, the existence of a persecuted man. (Al Capone)
Victimize yourself in the face of the possibility of losing your freedom.
46. Friends are those who see you cry and say to you: Who are we killing? (Pablo Escobar)
A slightly extremist way of conceiving of friendship.
47. There are three ways of doing things: right, wrong and how I do it. (Pablo Escobar)
The Netflix series “Narcos” already echoed this particular phrase from Pablo Escobar.
48. My family did not have significant financial resources and we are living in difficulties such as those encountered by most Colombians; so we are no strangers to these problems, we know them deeply and understand them. (Pablo Escobar)
From his knowledge and his empathy with the most disadvantaged.
49. Family ends up being our Achilles heel. (Pablo Escobar)
Love of family can destroy any criminal career.
50. What makes me laugh, cry pays me half. (Pablo Escobar)
Of his vengeful zeal.
51. Above those who run are those who fly. (Pablo Escobar)
There is nothing more important than speed.
52. How are all problems solved in life? With money mill. (Pablo Escobar)
With money, you can do whatever you want.
53. Capitalism is the legitimate racket of the ruling class. (Al Capone)
This is how Capone designed the capitalist system.
54. You can accomplish much more with a kind word and a gun than with a single kind word. (Al Capone)
Scarface’s epic phrase.
55. I would rather be in a grave in Colombia than in a prison cell in the United States. (Pablo Escobar)
One of those drug quotes in which Escobar expresses his zero desire to be taken to the United States.
56. So if half the world wants to kill me, then we have hired the other half to defend me. (Pablo Escobar)
Terrible thought of Escobar to feel cornered by the DEA and by the neighbors of the neighboring cartels.
57. Thinking like a poor person makes you feel poor. (Pablo Escobar)
You have to think big to accumulate wealth.
58. From hunger is born evil. (Pablo Escobar)
Almost in the form of a saying.
59. I am overwhelmed by those who hate me, but those who love me never fail. (Pablo Escobar)
With open arms to all those who want to join the “cause”.
60. Don’t confuse my kindness with my weakness. I’m nice to everyone, but when someone isn’t nice to me, weakness isn’t what you’ll remember me from. (Al Capone)
Hostility pays off with more hostility and violence.
61. It takes a bad time to understand who is family, who is friend and what true loves are. (Pablo Escobar)
The truth of things is discovered in the midst of a crisis.
62. In a world of hypocrites, the sincere are the bad. (Pablo Escobar)
In this sentence, Escobar bragged about his honesty.
63. Et observen, et critique, et envegen ia la fi et imiten. (Pablo Escobar)
Perhaps the most memorable sentence on narcotics.
64. Sometimes I am God. If I say a man dies, he dies the same day. (Pablo Escobar)
About his ability to order the murder of anyone he meets.
65. The family ends up being our destiny. (Pablo Escobar)
Another sentence on the difficulty of having a family when you are involved in criminal life.
66. This unfortunate dog is not going to come into this life to regret what he has just done to me. (Pablo Escobar)
A death sentence.
67. For the politicians we have in Colombia, being a bandit is an honor. (Pablo Escobar)
Most of the bandits were in Parliament, according to Escobar.
68. If I knew him, in this case he is with respect and for my part I would say that he is a person who is not looking for problems in any aspect. (Chapo Guzmán)
69. Limited cocaine use in Mexico will change, in Turkish. For example … high command, politicians, singers, artists, anyone with a ticket will have access to high purity cocaine, gentlemen. And for those who have less purchasing power, we will give them cocaine of lower purity, more cut, more adulterated so that it costs less and has more access to the slums. (Chapo Guzmán)
About his future projects.
70. I thought El Chapo was disciplined, but he’s just a big bandit. (Pablo Escobar)
Escobar thus described the Mexican drug dealer.
71. Donald Trump is a miserable dog, it’s a hell of a thing full of money, full of hate. (Pablo Escobar)
About the tycoon and current President of the United States.