Lionel Andrés Messi Cuccittini is a famous footballer born in Rosaire, Argentina in 1987. Better known as Leo messi or simply Messi, is perhaps one of the best players of all time.
As a member of FC Barcelona (one of the best clubs in the world), Leo Messi has won everything a footballer can win: the Spanish football leagues, the UEFA Champions League, the Super Cups, the Golden Boots , the Balls of Gold and a long list of memorabilia.
Unforgettable phrases from Leo Messi
This athlete has often proven to be so great on and off the pitch, his personality has led him to be one of the most beloved players by fans internationally. Do you want to know a little more about the personality of this famous athlete?
Then you will enjoy the 75 best phrases of Leo Messi, A few sentences that like they do … you can not miss.
1. Without the help of my teammates, it would be nothing at all. I wouldn’t win any titles or awards or anything.
Companionship is something that this player values and encourages in his own team.
2. I care more about being a good person than being the best player in the world.
In this meeting we can see that Messi values his way of being much more than his football skills.
3. The day when it looks like there are no improvements to be made will be a very sad day for any player.
All players seek to maintain a constant evolution in their own game.
4. Rijkaard was the most important coach for me. He trusted me at the right time.
In this sentence we can see the importance of the legendary Dutch coach for Messi.
5. I always thought I wanted to play professionally and I always knew that for that I would have to make a lot of sacrifices.
Like many other children, this legendary player dreamed of being a professional when he was little.
6. The day I don’t like the pitch, I will quit football.
When sport isn’t emotionally fulfilling you, it’s better to focus on something else.
7. My son came out very competitive. But I also like to win, so I don’t let it (laughs). Until we go up some stairs and are the first, he makes sure to tell me he’s won me over.
Being the son of Leo Messi must be a big inspiration for his son, having a father therefore the little one must have great athletic skills.
8. Barcelona is my home. The people and the club gave me everything.
As we can see, this player feels very comfortable in the Catalan capital.
9. The birth of my son Thiago is the most beautiful thing this life has given me.
As could happen to anyone, the birth of their children had a profound impact on FC Barcelona’s 10th.
10. With Neymar and Suárez, we are real friends and that allows us to play like that.
In order to perform at your best on the pitch, there has to be a great understanding with our peers.
11. The thorn that remains in my career is the selection, that we have played several finals and have not won any, but football too.
Winning the World Cup with Argentina is something this player has always dreamed of.
12. They made me understand that life is not just football.
There is a lot more to life than sport, which is often overlooked by athletes.
13. You cannot allow your desire to be a winner to affect you for success sooner and I believe there is room for improvement in every athlete.
There are always things to improve, otherwise on the physical level it will be on the emotional level.
14. Children are the healthiest there is, especially when they are small and have no meanness. They see you and transform you. Some are embarrassed. They don’t talk, they don’t understand that you are there and I talked to them because they only see you on TV and when they are in front of you they are almost scared. Making a child happy is what fills me the most.
Children are the ultimate expression of spiritual purity, we need to take care of them and encourage positive values in them.
15. In football as in watchmaking, talent and elegance mean nothing without rigor and precision.
To be a great football player, the precision of our steps is essential, Messi masters this aspect with great elegance.
16. I have many years to get better and better, and that must be my ambition.
When we have a career behind us like Leo Messi, the experience motivates us to improve.
17. It’s not that easy for us to play with teams that have a different mindset, like Chelsea or Inter Milan, because they intend to try and stop us instead of playing a game more appealing to viewers.
FC Barcelona’s style of play clashes head-on with the English style of play, a much less conspicuous but frankly very effective style.
18. The truth is, I don’t have a favorite goal. I remember important goals rather than favorite goals, like so many others in the Champions League where I had the chance to score in the two finals I played.
For any great player, winning the Champions League is one of the greatest achievements that can be accomplished.
19. I never stopped being Argentinian and I never wanted to stop being Argentinian. I am very proud to be Argentinian, even though I went there. I’ve been clear about this since I was very young and didn’t want to change.
Messi has very clear Argentinian roots and although he does not reside in his home country, he does not forget where he came from.
20. I am fortunate to be part of a team that makes me look great, and they deserve a lot of credit for my success, just as I do for the hard work we all put into the field of. training.
Football is a team sport and successes are achieved as a team, all players give their best to make the team successful.
21. As I have said many times, I am always more likely to remember goals of their importance than whether they are beautiful or not. Goals scored in the final, for example.
There are some important victories that may not have been achieved with great games, but which have remained in our memory as spectators.
22. It seems people want to blame me for everything. Whenever problems arise, he tells me that I have been involved, even though I have nothing to do with it. That’s why I always focus on what I know, which is playing football, and I try to be very careful what I say so that people are always trying to twist it.
This player doesn’t get carried away by people’s gossip and that is when you play at the highest level it happens a lot.
23. We’re not going to take Arsenal lightly for a minute, because they showed in both games against us last season that they can be a dangerous rival if we lose our focus for a while.
Not trusting is an essential thing so that the opponent does not catch you off guard and in sport it is a totally essential thing.
24. At the end of the day, when this is all over, what do you wear? My intention is that when I retire, I will be remembered for being a good guy.
Messi will surely be remembered with the affection and admiration he deserves when he retires.
25. There were games where I didn’t catch a 1, but I always knew I was the number one critic with myself.
Our biggest rival and detractor is still ourselves, something we all should have very much internalized.
26. I don’t like to lose anything and I try to be a help to win.
The competitiveness of this player has been very evident throughout his career.
27. I would trade my five gold balls for a World Cup.
The World Cup is the great victory that resists the 10th of FC Barcelona.
28. I love football when I do it, but ultimately I dedicate myself to my family.
The family is the second major dedication of the legendary gaucho player.
29. When I walked into the locker room and saw Henry, I didn’t dare look him in the face. He knew everything he had done in England.
For this player, meeting legendary Arsenal striker Thierry Henry was a real experience.
30. Ronaldinho helped me a lot. It’s never easy to walk into a locker room at 16.
Ronaldinho helped bring Messi on and off the pitch, certainly another great player we’ll never forget.
31. Not in a million years will he be near Maradona.
There is a big tendency to compare Messi with Maradona, we shouldn’t be judging two players who competed at such different times.
32. I feel bad when we lose. I get angry and don’t want to talk to anyone.
No one likes being defeated that player much less.
33. If it were up to me, I would stay at Barcelona for the rest of my career.
The predilection of this player for the club where he trained is evident in this meeting.
34. I have always loved football a lot and have always devoted a lot of time to it.
To become a great person in this sport, you have to love and appreciate it since you were a child.
35. Long live Barça, long live Catalonia and keep Argentina, his mother’s shell.
So viscerally, the 10th Barça showed us who his great loves are.
36. It doesn’t matter if I’m better than Cristiano Ronaldo, but if Barca are better than Real Madrid.
The rivalry between FC Barcelona and Real Madrid is perhaps the greatest one can find in any sport.
37. I talk more with referees and rivals. With classmates, this is not necessary. It’s been so long since we played together that we understand each other in the blink of an eye.
To be able to order a part in the stealthiest way, you just have to look.
38. I’m happy with a ball at my feet. My motivation comes from playing the game that I love.
To be able to reach the highest level, passion is a fundamental thing, a passion that must accompany us all our life.
39. My favorite insect is the monkey.
Certainly a good way to avoid a question, sometimes it is better to seize it with humor.
40. I like going out, but you have to know when you can and when you can’t.
Every great player must control their anxieties to go out to party, giving the maximum level requires maximum sacrifice.
41. When I was little, my friends would call me to go out with them, but I liked to stay home because I was training the next day.
As we can see very clearly in this meeting, Messi has always known how to measure on the pitch.
42. I made sacrifices to leave Argentina, leaving my family to start a new life. I have changed my friends, my people. All. But everything I did, I did for football, to make my dream come true.
Leaving your country, your people and your family for good must be something extremely difficult for anyone to wear.
43. Finals like the World Cup or the Copa del Rey are those that accompany me the longest or that I remember the most.
To be able to play in such an important final is the ultimate dream of any great football player.
44. Barcelona is my home, because the club and the people here have given me everything, but I won’t stop being Argentinian.
Messi will never forget where he came from and who he is, his roots are a key part of this wonderful player.
45. I knew my dream was to play first, that I was going to fight for it and that I was going to get it.
He was always very clear on where he wanted to go and nothing and no one was going to stop him.
46. If I wasn’t paid to become a professional footballer, I would be willing to play for nothing.
Money is not the most relevant thing for this player, sport rewards you with a lot more than money.
47. It’s good that they like you as a person, that they have a good idea of you beyond scoring many goals.
That those around us appreciate us is something that we all look for in our lives.
48. I like to score goals, but also to have friends among the people with whom I have played.
Football is a sport that allows us to form many friendships between our fellow locker room mates.
49. I always say: I go out on the field thinking of winning, without scoring many goals.
In order to win football, victory is achieved as a team and not by scoring goals or playing individually.
50. I never think about the play or visualize anything. I do what comes to me right now. Instinct. It has always been so.
When we are immersed in the game we don’t have time to think, we have to play instinctively.
51. I am gradually becoming something better all the time. I haven’t lost my passion for the game.
Passion is something that no one should lose, we have to love what we are dedicated to.
### 52. Being famous gives me the opportunity to help other people who really need it, especially the children.
Messi has always felt very committed to helping the little ones, which we should all admire in this great player.
53. I don’t need the best hair or the best body. Just give me a soccer ball and I’ll show you what I can do.
Messi’s qualities for football are innate, he may not have the most aesthetic physique but he is the one who plays the best.
54. Sometimes you have to accept that you can’t always win.
While we would all like to always win, sometimes we have to accept defeat.
55. I still have a lot to do. For example, I want to throw the same thing with both feet.
Being ambidextrous is something every player would like to be, with it you can achieve a higher level of footballing skills and be more unpredictable.
56. My family has always been there when I need it most and sometimes they feel more emotions than I do.
Having the support of your family is very important when it comes to giving our best.
57. Motivating myself day after day is not a problem for me.
Motivation is essential for any athlete, controlling it is essential when competing at the highest level.
58. I’m not the type to scream before a game.
Messi knows very well how to control his own nerves and impulses, after his magnificent athletic career it could not be otherwise.
59. On a personal note, I think I will not achieve what I have accomplished until I retire.
A race doesn’t end until we reach the finish line, until we reach it we can always do new maneuvers.
60. Every time I start a year, I start with the goal of trying to achieve everything without comparing what I have achieved in other seasons.
When you have already won all you could as a footballer, maybe a new year is a new personal challenge.
61. There are more important things in life than winning or losing a game.
Football is still a simple sport, life is much more complex and there are countless things that have greater relevance.
62. It was brave to have Cristiano Ronaldo in La Liga for the prestige it gave him. Apart from him and me, the best players in the world are Mbappé, Neymar, Hazard, Suárez and Kun.
In this meeting we can see who for Leo Messi are the best players in the world.
63. It’s always hard to digest defeats and bad results, but my son Thiago forces me to comment on what happened in the game and explain why it was not won.
Being able to comment on his own mistakes to his son helps Messi to them overcome.
64. Since the age of 13 I have been in Barcelona, in the best team in the world, in one of the best cities in the world, my children were born in Catalonia and I don’t have to go anywhere .
For him, Barcelona is already his home, he has largely internalized the feeling of belonging to this idyllic place.
65. Today everything has changed and young people are no longer so shy and appear. They come in a different way.
Now that he’s got some roaming around the world of football, he can observe how the new generations are of a different mix.
66. Cristiano Ronaldo is reportedly absent from any team he has been on and left.
The rivalry with Cristiano Ronaldo has perhaps been one of the biggest in the sports world.
67. In a penalty, you have a lot more to lose than to gain. Here the keeper feels more comfortable. If they score, it’s normal, it’s a penalty. The shooter is more obliged to set up than the goalkeeper to stop.
A penalty can be a very uncomfortable time for any player, although from the outside it doesn’t appear to be the case.
68. There are times when you notice that the good things in your country are the ones that make you happiest and the bad things that hurt you the most.
No matter how much time passes, Argentina will always have a well-deserved place in their hearts.
69. I never thought of playing with Spain.
He knew that as a staunch Argentinian he couldn’t play for any other team.
70. After I said I was leaving the selection, I found it cold and it was giving the wrong message to people who are fighting for their dreams.
Messi somehow feels indebted to the country that saw him grow up and wants to give him the glory he deserves.
71. I am not immortal. He was the one who sold sports journalism, although few think so.
Just like his teammates he also suffers from injuries, we are all people and we also suffer.
72. When I speak it can resonate everywhere, it can be interpreted in so many ways. That’s why I try to be careful and not get in trouble.
When we compete at the highest level, we have to be very careful with our public statements.
73. I had it all in there. With the evil that I have eaten for many years … At 22 or 23 years old, you don’t know anything, you don’t think about it. I ate chocolate, almonds, soda. Now also fish, meat, salad, vegetables. Anything but tidy. Every now and then I drink a glass of wine. There is always time to do it. I noticed a lot of change, especially around the time of vomiting.
Nutrition is a fundamental aspect for any athlete and of course for him as well.
74. I’m the first to know when I’m playing badly, I don’t go through goals, I go through participation on the pitch, to get the game.
We can’t all be one hundred percent one day, that’s something we have to know how to live.
75. We owe ourselves, we owe people nothing. We have always done our best. We made it to three finals and it didn’t happen because God didn’t want it.
When luck is not with us, there is nothing we can do, it just wasn’t our day.