When we admire a person, we show both respect and appreciation for their efforts. It’s a way to have someone as a reference, so it serves as a compass for us on what we should expand.
To understand this feeling, in this article we will look at a selection of the best admiration phrases, he commented.
The most memorable phrases about admiration
This is a compilation of the best thoughts and quotes on admiration that help to understand this human experience based on the desire to be like someone or to follow that person’s example.
1. The love of family and the admiration of friends are far more important than wealth and privilege. (Charles Kuralt)
We never fail to appreciate the recognition that the people we love give us.
2. The secret to happiness is to admire without desire. (Carl Sandbourg)
Excessive desire corrupts us.
3. It is admirable whoever follows the path less traveled. (Kevin McCloud)
An admirable person is one who follows his dreams.
4. We admire things for reasons, but we love them for no reason. (Gilbert Keith Chesterton)
This is the real essence of love.
5. Admiration is the strongest foundation that exists in a relationship. (Nathaniel Branden)
Each relationship needs the recognition of the other.
6. Admiration and familiarity are strange. (George Sand)
Sometimes it’s the strangers who admire us the most or vice versa.
7. No one could teach me, which my parents gave me as an example.
There are parents who deserve our admiration.
8. Tell me who admires you and who loves you, and I’ll tell you who you are. (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
There are people who pride themselves on certain advantages.
9. Admire those who try great things, even when they fail. (Seneca)
It is better to try something and fail than to be carried away by fear.
10. It is said that a man is not a man until he hears the name from a woman’s lips. (Antonio Machado)
There are different types of admiration.
11. Learn to admire others. It is the first step in overcoming your ego. (Ehsan Sehgal)
A great way to prevent arrogance from making us blind.
12. If you descend with dignity, You will be admired as if you were ascending! (Mehmet Murat ildan)
It’s not just about winning, it’s about knowing when to retire.
13. I admire brave people … not those who think they are strong or those who fight to prove something … brave people. (Anonymous)
An excellent recommendation to admire.
14. It is frightening to think that perhaps the most sincere admiration we have come from people who have not understood us. (Benito Pérez Galdos)
15. We always admire what we don’t really understand. (Blaise Pascal)
The impact that mysteries cause us.
16. There are people who know it’s not worth much, but don’t know how it’s worth.
A sad reality.
17. When you greet one of them deeply, you always turn your back to the other. (Abbot Galiani)
It is necessary to maintain a balance.
18. Stay away from contempt and admiration, for the two go together, alternately. Approach sincerity, even if it hurts you.
Be careful to be blinded by those you admire.
19. What we learn in the midst of wounds: that there are in men more things worthy of admiration than of contempt. (Albert Camus)
They are in difficult times when we know the true worth of people.
20. To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the spirit. (Théophile Gautier)
Ways to admire.
21. Do you know. Don’t take your dog’s admiration as conclusive proof that you are wonderful. (Ann Lander)
You need to know yourself to face the world properly.
22. That the man whom the stockings admire will never be capable of great things. (Concepción Arenal)
Don’t stay in your comfort zone if you want to move forward.
23. Admiring a creative soul at work is almost as satisfying as doing your own paintings. (EA Bucchianeri)
A way to motivate yourself and show respect.
24. Humility is a very strange thing. By the time we think we have it, we have already lost it. (Saint Augustin)
There are those who are proud of their humility, as if they were their master.
25. I have great admiration for people who have been in a relationship for a long time, married for years. (Faith of Paloma)
A sign that things can last.
26. Admiration is the daughter of ignorance. (Benjamin Franklin)
Sometimes we like people who don’t deserve it.
27. The best legacy my grandfather left me is the great admiration I feel for him.
These are the actions that determine how others will see us.
28. Just as those who love want this love to be reciprocated, those who admire want to be admired in return. (Paul Hudson)
Many feelings are mutual.
29. Protect me from the wisdom that does not cry, from the philosophy that does not laugh, and from the greatness that does not bow before children. (Gibran)
If there is anything to praise, it’s the things that bring positivity to the world.
30. I admire two things: the intelligence of animals and the bestiality of men. (Tristan Bernard)
Things that never cease to amaze us.
31. The more narcissistic the leader, the greater the need to gain the admiration of others and the security they need. (Naomi Shragai)
32. Mutual admiration is the key to the success of any kind of collaboration. (Frazier Tharpe)
A way to consolidate alliances.
33. If you want to give up the admiration of many men for the criticism of one, go ahead and get married. (Katharine Hepburn)
A fun reference to marriage.
34. Distance is a great promoter of admiration. (Denis Diderot)
Distance as a motivating factor.
35. Happy is he who has learned to admire, but not to envy, to follow, but not to imitate, to praise, but not to flatter, to lead, but not to manipulate. (William Arthur Ward)
Good manners of acting.
36. Some people are shaped by admiration, others by hostilities. (Elisabeth Bowen)
It all depends on the examples we decide to follow.
37. Admiration is frozen love. (Françoise Sagan)
A display of affection.
38. It is always more valuable to have respect than the admiration of people. (Jean-Jacques Rousseau)
Respect is genuine, but not all admiration is real.
39. The beginning of all knowledge is admiration for the fact that things are as they are. (Aristotle)
Respect for things.
40. I love those people who, even though they know they won’t get what they want, even try not to be able anymore.
When we try, we gain more capacity to grow.
41. Admiration for a quality or an art can be so strong that it dissuades us from striving to possess it. (Friedrich Nietzsche)
The power of persuasion.
42. I have a great deal of respect and admiration for people who stand in the line of fire. (Major Owens)
Those who risk their lives for the well-being of others can be considered heroes.
43. What surprises, surprises once, but what is admirable is more and more admired. (Joseph Joubert)
It is something that causes us a great continuing impact.
44. Close your lips with anger, open them with admiration. (Ipsit Bibhu Darshi)
Be careful with the things you say.
45. The earth arouses the surprise and admiration of man, although it is imperfect and its comprehension is very limited. (Joseph F. Rutherford)
Everything can change, even our thoughts.
46. For his kindness, I am indebted to you. For his altruism, he has my admiration. (Natalie Marchande)
Give according to what you receive.
47. Our admiration for antiquity is not an admiration for the old, but for the natural. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
It is a respect for culture.
48. A mixture of admiration and pity is one of the surest recipes for attaining affection. (Arthur helps)
A very special blend.
49. Make sure that you are admired and not what is yours. (Juvenal)
What you get respect is your actions, not your possessions.
50. You have always done the same to confuse love and admiration. (Amy Ryan)
They are two opposite things.
51. He who keeps a praise finds himself with something foreign. (Pablo Picasso)
Never be silent about your feelings for someone.
52. The greatest satisfaction of a father is to feel admired by his children.
A success which is a real pride.
53. Between flattery and admiration, sometimes flows a river of contempt. (Mina Antrim)
That’s why it’s important to know that not all compliments are honest.
54. The admiration bestowed upon anyone except us is always tiresome. (Honoré de Balzac)
It’s about flattering others as much as ourselves.
55. We always love those who admire us, but not always those we admire. (François de La Rochefoucauld)
That’s why we never need to save our feelings.
56. Instead of criticizing people, try to admire God’s creative work. (Richelle E. Goodrich)
Before you criticize someone, try to get to know them.
57. Your admirers make you strong and courageous. Your detractors make you succeed. (Sanjeev Himachali)
They all bring you something.
58. A woman’s intuition is more precise than a man’s certainty. (Rudyard Kipling)
A reflection on the gender roles in which men and women integrate.
59. Admiration does not bring salvation to the untimely. (AJ Darkholme)
It is above all recognition.
60. There are three things that admiration has confirmed; lack of autonomy, senility of mind and strength of despair. (Lionel Suggs)
Critical criticism of admiration.
61. I like these people who take nothing from everything.
People who create wonders.
62. It is more difficult to make admiration last than to arouse it. (Joseph Sanial-Dubay)
A lot of things don’t last long enough.
63. What helps you is not pity, but admiration when you refuse to surrender. (Suzanne Collins)
Never refuse the help offered.
64. It is easy to be admired when it remains inaccessible. (André Maurois)
Admiration and the unattainable go hand in hand.
65. Admiration begins where knowledge ends. (Samuel Johnson)
When ignorance leads us to admire something.
66. The gift of admiration is essential if we want to achieve anything. (Thomas Mann)
Admiration gives us a reason to move forward.
67. It is not the beauty of a person that you must admire, it is the purity of that which deserves your admiration. (Karon Waddell)
Don’t get carried away by appearances because it’s not just about getting to know someone.
68. Women need beauty because men love us, and stupidity because we love men. (Coco Chanel)
A strange way to get love.
69. I want to be very close to someone you respect and admire, and to have someone who feels the same about me. (Richard Bach)
A beautiful reciprocity.
70. Irrationality and inferiority are the progenitors of admiration. (Lionel Suggs)
A vain admiration.
71. What is dark can also be the most beautiful thing.
Beauty is in the eyes of those who see it.
72. Maternal love is always great, but it becomes sublime again when it is mingled with admiration for the beloved child. (Angel Knife)
The admiration between parents and children is perhaps the most real.
73. This is the mark of a truly admirable man: steadfastness in the face of grief. (Ludwig van Beethoven)
74. Admiration is our polite recognition of the other’s resemblance to ourselves. (Ambroise Bierce)
One way to define admiration.
75. Admire the efforts that lead to failure as much as the beauty of the sunset. (Amit Calendar)
Efforts that deserve to be recognized.
76. The artist not only observes his art with admiration, art also observes his artist with admiration. (Mehmet Murat İldan)
A symbiotic relationship.
77. The only things that can be admired in detail are those that you admire without knowing why. (Jean Rostand)
You don’t need to have a fixed reason to admire something or someone.
78. Nothing is more worthy of admiration in a noble man than knowing how to accept and imitate the virtues of others. (Confucius)
Follow the examples that lead you to a more positive life.
79. To stop admiring is a test of deterioration. (Charles Horton Cooley)
Not recognizing the work of others is a sign of arrogance.
80. Admiration is the feeling most opposed to understanding. (Titus Cuba)
Another criticism of admiration.
81. Nothing elevates a man so much above the littleness of life as to admire, whatever it is or whatever it is. (Thomas Carlyle)
A devastating motivating force.
82. A starry moon looks at you with admiration because through your eyes you are a star. (Debasish Mridha)
A metaphor that explains the admiration.
83. A student never forgets a word of encouragement when it is spoken with sincere respect and admiration. (William Lyon Phelps)
Teachers who know how to lead are the ones who are remembered the most.
84. Greatness must be admired, even if it seems paradoxical. (Ernest Saturday)
An exclusive requirement?
85. A woman’s attention and admiration is what a man desperately desires. (Sanjay Velayudhan)
What some people expect in a relationship.
86. Admire all that you would like to be that you have not yet achieved.
Keep your dreams in mind.
87. The poet never asks for admiration, he just wants to be believed. (Jean Cocteau)
The aim of the poets.
88. I don’t envy your talent and neither am I jealous of your beauty, but I admire both. (Richard L. Ratliff)
Envy does not allow us to recognize the talent of others.
89. A woman can change the course of a vital man. (Severo Ochoa)
The power of women in a relationship.
90. We will not be well if we love and admire something more than we love and admire God. (CS Lewis)
Do you agree with that?