Attitude refers to the way we see the world and show our way of being assertive and unapologetic.
When we have a positive attitude, we are able to overcome problems more effectively, we better regulate our emotions, and we gain the ability to cope with crises.
In this article we will a review of several attitude sentences to understand this concept.
The most memorable attitude phrases
Here is a selection of interesting quotes and thoughts on attitude that help to understand the importance of this psychological element.
1. With a closed fist, a handshake cannot be exchanged. (Indira Gandhi)
No one wants to be around someone with a bad attitude, nor can they accept it.
2. There is a motive force more powerful than steam, electricity and atomic energy: the will. (Albert Einstein)
Willpower is one of the most important tools to achieve our goals.
3. Attitudes are contagious. Is it worth taking care of your own? (Dennis and Wendy Mannering)
We need to think about what our presence can do for the people we want to be with.
4. I believe that anything is possible if you have the determination, the will and the desire to do it and invest the time in it. (Roger Clemens)
It’s not just about imagining, it’s also about taking action to make it happen.
5. Attitudes are more important than skills. (Winston Churchill)
You may have talent, but you won’t get far if you don’t have the passion.
6. I don’t think of all the misfortunes, but of all the beauty that still remains. (Anne Frank)
When we only focus on the negative things, life turns gray.
7. I was sad because I had no shoes, until in the street I found a man who had no feet. (Ancient Persian finger)
Your situation may not be favorable, but you can change it.
8. Life begins every five minutes. (Andreu Buenafuente)
don’t be silent in the face of change.
9. It is not the circumstances but your opinion of them that affects you deeply. (Epictet)
Life is about how we perceive experiences.
10. We are what we do every day. Excellence is therefore not an act, but a habit. (Aristotle)
All great things are done consistently.
11. You will find meaning in life if you believe in it. (Osho)
Make your future something you love to experience.
12. Don’t let anyone make your life bitter.
Remember that everyone has their own opinion and that is not always pleasant.
13. All you can change is yourself, but sometimes it changes everything. (Gary W Goldstein)
When we change, we grow better.
14. If you can’t change your destiny, change your attitude. (Charles Revson)
A more positive attitude makes you cope better with adversity.
15. The most common way for people to give up power is to believe that they don’t have it. (Alice Walker)
Never let anyone make you feel less.
16. Man has the power to change life by changing his mental attitude. (William James)
A reminder of the importance of taking care of our mental health.
17. Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get. (Dale Carnegie)
Whatever you get, enjoy it.
18. A real decision is measured by doing something different. (Tony Robbins)
The different things are the ones that stand out in the future.
19. The most important type of freedom is to be who you really are. (Jim Morrison)
Why do we want to aspire to be like someone if we can be the best version of ourselves?
20. I’d rather be a little weird than a big bored one. (Rebecca McKinsey)
Don’t get carried away by fashions if you don’t agree.
21. If there is no action behind a decision, you haven’t decided anything. (Tony Robbins)
Every decision should have an action plan.
22. You have within you everything you need to overcome the challenges of life. (Brian Tracy)
More important than having all the resources available is to believe in ourselves.
23. There will come a time when you will think it is all over. This will be the start. (Epicurus)
Each end is just a new beginning.
24. Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful and committed citizens can change the world. (Margaret Mead)
The most important things have been achieved in small steps.
25. If you don’t like the trip, you probably don’t like the destination. (Unknown author)
In Eixes, the journey teaches us more than the goal.
26. If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. (Popular proverb)
The ability to adapt helps us to better connect with our environment.
27. Where one door closes another opens. (Miguel de Cervantes)
You can miss an opportunity, but you can create a better one.
28. A happy person does not have a certain set of circumstances, but a set of attitudes. (Hough Downs)
A happy person is a person who views life in a positive light.
29. It is not our position, but our disposition that makes us happy.
It’s not just about having, it’s about wanting.
30. To take positive action, we must first develop a positive attitude. (Tenzin Gyatso)
There is no need to promise, but we believe in it.
31. Life is a wreck, but we must not forget to sing for the lifeboats. (Voltaire)
Yes, there are tragedies in life, but they are necessary to enjoy the good times.
32. In the dead of winter, I finally learned that there was an invincible summer within me. (Albert Camus)
Circumstances affect you based on your attitude towards them.
33. A positive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will upset enough people that the effort is worth it. (Herm Albright)
It’s not about always being forced to smile, it’s about avoiding being fatalistic.
34. Do not give up any memories of your past. What you have been through has made you who you are. (Cecilia Curbelo)
Every previous event has brought you to where you are now.
35. Take care of your body. It is the only place you have to live. (Jim Rohn)
If you don’t care, who will?
36. You will never find time for anything. You have to do it. (Charles Buxton)
Organization is the key to a more profitable life.
37. We should only remember the pleasant past. (Jane Austen)
Find out what is good in each experience.
38. Happiness is an attitude. Either we become unhappy or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. (Francesca Reigler)
Only you can determine the force on which side of the scale.
39. If I reach my destination now, I will gladly accept it, and if I do not arrive before ten million years have passed, I will also wait with joy. (Walt Whitman)
Things have time.
40. Change your thoughts and change your world. (Norman Vincent Peale)
Remember, a lot of your life depends on how you see the world.
41. If you think every day is not a good day, try to miss one. (Cavett Robert)
Every day must be a new opportunity.
42. Attitude is a Little Thing that Makes a Big Difference (Winston Churchill)
Without attitude, it is impossible to walk the path to success.
43. When you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you will start to have positive results. (Willie Nelson)
A beautiful philosophy that we can put into practice.
44. Every day may not be good, but there is something good each day. (Unknown author)
It’s up to you to perceive it or not.
45. The great discovery of my generation is that a human being can change his life by changing his attitudes. (William James)
Change your thoughts for the better.
46. Wherever you go, no matter the weather, always bring your own light. (Anthony J. D’Angelo)
Your attitude is your hallmark.
47. Pain is a fact; our assessment of the same is an option. (Jacob Held)
How do you observe your pain?
48. No one who gave the best of himself has regretted it. (George Halas)
Whether you get what you want or not, there is always the satisfaction of trying it.
49. The only people who find what they are looking for in life are the error seekers.
It’s the mistakes that help us improve.
50. Beliefs have the power to create and the power to destroy. (Anthony Robbins)
You decide what action it will be.
51. These were my mistakes at the time. (Alejandro Jodorowsky)
It depends on how you assess which errors you can improve or block.
52. Accept the glorious disaster that you are. (Élisabeth Gilbert)
When we accept ourselves, we are able to recognize what is best for us.
53. Ordinary things must be done, with extraordinary love. (Mother Teresa of Calcutta)
When we do things with love, they bear great fruit.
54. We are the ones who waited. We are the change we seek. (Barack Obama)
What change are you pursuing?
55. What you think of yourself matters a lot more than what others think of you.
It is because only you know who you are.
56. Most people are as happy as they wanted to be. (Abraham Lincoln)
Happiness is sought and achieved.
57. Think of the best, but enjoy the little pleasures. (H. Jackson Brown)
Don’t let your dreams absorb you.
58. The sign of a perfect personality is not rebellion but peace. (Oscar Wilde)
It is not a question of being an anarchist, but of finding your place.
59. It is very difficult when I have to do it and very simple when I want to do it. (Annie Gottlier)
The first step will always be the most difficult, but the most necessary.
60. I cannot change the wind. But I can set the candles to always reach my destination. (Jimmy Dean)
No path is straight.
61. Work hard, stay positive, and get up early. It’s the best time of the day. (George Allen)
Good advice to turn them into daily habits.
62. Human beings have the incredible ability to capture any experience in their life and create meaning that affects them or literally saves their life. (Anthony Robbins)
Everyone makes their decision.
63. Excellence is not a skill, it is an attitude. (Ralph Marston)
It’s about wanting to try instead of being controlled by fear.
64. Cast aside sadness and melancholy. Life is sweet, it has few days and we just have to enjoy it now. (Federico García Lorca)
Live each day like it’s the last.
65. Happiness usually comes through a door you didn’t know you left open.
There are joys that surprise us.
66. Whatever the business, profession, trade or circumstances, it is our mental attitude that will determine success or failure. (Orison Swett Marden)
It is your way of thinking what will get you far and what will not get you.
67. It is not a miracle that you need; you need a change in attitude. (Bangambiki Habyarimana)
Create your miracles.
68. When one door of happiness is closed, another opens. (Hellen Keller)
Nothing is closed forever.
69. The only real discovery is not to find new territories, but to look with new eyes. (Marcel Proust)
There is no point in looking for the best opportunities if you do not see them with good eyes.
70. The only handicap in life is a bad attitude. (Scott Hamilton)
A bad attitude keeps you away from a lot of people.
71. We awaken in others the same mental attitude that we have towards them. (Elbert Hubbard)
Treat people with the respect they deserve.
72. Don’t be afraid to be yourself.
Just feel who you are, you can be happy.
73. If the sky is falling, keep your hands up.
There is no point in having a bad attitude towards problems.
74. You can’t stop the waves, but you can learn to surf. (Jon Kabat-Zinn)
Look for the right solutions, even if they aren’t the ones you want.
75. In the darkness of the sky, the most beautiful is the shine of the stars.
A sentence that reminds us that there are always good times.
76. Almost nothing is impossible in this world if only you offer it and maintain a positive attitude. (Lou Holtz)
The biggest drawbacks are on our minds.
77. Your choices of action may be limited, but not your choices of thoughts. (unknown)
Don’t reject a good idea that has a future.
78. Laugh every day and you will not have wasted a single moment of your life.
Laughter is a balm for the soul.
79. Happiness is not a done deal. It comes from your own actions. (Dalai Lama)
So try to have good deeds.
80. Our beliefs about who we are and what we can do determine precisely what we can be. (Anthony Robbins)
All of our strength is in our mind.
81. I like this attitude. One part of courage and three of stupidity. (Ed Speleers)
Sometimes the logic is too much.
82. The triumph of the true man arises from the ashes of error. (Pablo Neruda)
But only if we learn from these mistakes.
83. Our attitude towards life determines the attitude of life towards us. (John N. Mitchell)
He looks at life as a mirror that reflects us.
84. If you don’t like something, change it; if you can’t change it, change the way you think. (Marie Engelbreit)
With a change of mind, you can improve a lot.
85. If you are flexible, you will stay straight. (Tao and ching)
Adaptation allows us to have more opportunities.
86. A strong mental attitude will create more miracles than any wonderful drug. (Patricia Neal)
The secret of miracles.
87. Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me. (Carol Burnett)
You own your life.
88. Where there is no struggle, there is no strength Don’t worry! (Oprah Winfrey)
Nothing worthwhile comes easily.
89. Change is inevitable. Growth is optional. (John Maxwell)
If you do not take advantage of the changes, they will be forwarded to you.
90. It changes the way you look at things and the things you look at change. (Wayne W. Dyer)
It’s all about having a more open and positive outlook.