We have all felt disappointed: vis-à-vis the actions of a person, the result of an action, when we know the result of an examination …
It’s a part of life, although it’s always best to keep realistic expectations about the things we want to accomplish and what we expect from others.
In this article you will find several sentences about disappointment, which help to understand this feeling and to adapt it constructively.
Most Memorable Deception Phrases
This is a collection of disappointment quotes and thoughts, commented on.
1. Sometimes with disappointments you get stronger. (David Rudisha)
Disappointments teach us to understand the danger of having unrealistic expectations.
2. The size of your success is measured by the strength of your desire; the size of your dream; and how you deal with disappointment along the way. (Robert Kiyosaki)
At any time we can encounter some kind of disappointment.
3. The sadness and disappointments of the past will make you stronger in the future.
Remember that in any experience there is a lesson to be learned, even in ones that disappoint you.
4. Hope is tomorrow’s cure for today’s disappointment. (Evan Esar)
There will always be a new tomorrow to try.
5. Even though there is nothing left between us, I am still excited for his return.
A disappointment that leads to denial.
6. Truth hurts, but disappointment kills.
Disappointment makes us lose faith in people.
7. The faults you throw at me today are the same as they were perfect at the start. (Ricard Arjona)
When we start a relationship, we are unable to observe the other person’s flaws.
8. So many love phrases were useless, the truth was always one: your deception.
A deception in love is one of the biggest disappointments in life.
9. Even if it seems like everything is going the wrong way, God will surprise you.
Bad things never last long.
10. Don’t let sadness and bitterness drag you into the past, instead keep building your future.
When we let bitterness control us, we cannot move forward.
11. Many times I have seen attitudes that betray you, but I kept quiet, thinking that you will reconsider your decision. What a big mistake.
In any type of relationship, we always need to talk about what’s bothering us.
12. Maybe bad times come, but we have to carry on with a smile on our face.
The only way to overcome bad times is to face them.
13. It is prudent not to fully trust those who once deceived us. (René Descartes)
Remember they can do it a second time.
14. Like all dreamers, I confused disillusionment with truth. (Jean paul Sartre)
A disappointment does not necessarily represent an end point.
15. If they tell you “I don’t believe in love”, it’s because he fell in love and they disappointed him.
Something very common among those who refuse to fall in love again.
16. Most things disappoint until you look at them more deeply. (Graham Greene)
Some disappointments come from unintentional mistakes.
17. I was already full of disappointment and sadness, but in this life you never know when it will be the last time.
Unfortunately, bad times do happen, so you have to take advantage of the good ones.
18. We must accept limited disappointment, but never lose infinite hope. (Martin Luther King)
Good advice on how to deal with disappointments.
19. The best success comes after the greatest disappointment. (Henry Ward Beecher)
Sometimes the best things come after a big loss.
20. There has never been a night or a problem that can overcome dawn or hope. (Bernard Williams)
There will always be a new opportunity.
21. Disappointment is just the action of your brain to readjust to reality after discovering that things are not the way you thought they were. (Brad Warner)
One way to explain how disappointment occurs.
22. For me, it’s much worse to be sad and disappointed than to be angry.
It is a state that keeps you in perpetual confusion.
23. Life is a long preparation for something that never happens. (William Butler Yeats)
That is why we should never create expectations that are beyond our reach.
24. You have, for your common sense, transcended disappointment.
If we don’t get over a disappointment, it can cost us dearly later.
25. Every man is sincere alone; then a second person appears the hypocrisy begins. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)
It never hurts to be careful with others.
26. Many promises decrease trust. (Horace)
When promises abound, few are kept.
27. Arguing and fixing each other every other day was not love. At least I understood, late, but I did.
Constant conflict is not a sign of a healthy relationship.
28. I’ve been told that it hurts to let go, but it hurts more when you want to hang on.
Even if it costs at the beginning, you will feel relieved later.
29. For disappointments, we have hopes.
Hope as a balm.
30. It was hard to understand, I cried a lot, but it is better to know the truth of your lies to continue to deceive me and waste my time.
A painful truth is better than a false reality.
31. Disappointment walks with a smile behind enthusiasm. (Madame de Staël)
You will never know who you will be disappointed with.
32. What a disappointment, to learn that you were not the same person I met.
33. When you suffer a disappointment blow, take the time to heal your wounds.
Any injury needs time to heal.
34. Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he must never be disappointed. (Alexander Pope)
The best way not to get hurt.
35. Despite the disappointment and sadness, there is still a way to go.
You have two options, kill yourself or move on.
36. Growing up is a disappointment, getting the most out of it is maturity.
An interesting thought.
37. Whenever you have a setback or disappointment, put your head down and move on. (The Bruns)
Accepting things will make you understand them better.
38. Laughter is a remedy for the bitter disappointments of life.
Positive attitudes help us cope better with problems.
39. Waiting is the root of all anxiety. (William Shakespeare)
A great truth.
40. Disappointment goes hand in hand with sadness, for when they disappoint us, they hurt us.
There is great pain after a disappointment.
41. Usually when you are disappointed you get stronger. (David Rudisha)
It happens when we learn the lesson behind it.
42. I was more in love with you when I didn’t know you so well.
A state which can quickly lead us to disappointment.
43. It’s funny that without you everything went better.
There are people who, although we love, are not good to us.
44. He who suspects invites to betray him. (Voltaire)
Constant pressure is also a turning point in a relationship.
45. It hurts to have changed so much for someone to receive such a great disappointment from them.
If you change, let it be for your well-being, not to make someone happy.
46. Often, knowing the truth of a love can be painful and disappointing.
But it’s better to know the real face of a fake person.
47. Things are always like this, sometimes it’s us who are too excited.
Sometimes we are responsible for our own disappointments.
48. You have finished as we started: to be just a pretty face, besides, there is nothing more to enjoy.
We tend to expect too many strangers.
49. Woman’s eyes have two kinds of tears: real pain and annoyance. (Pythagoras)
Arguing can be a very dangerous emotion.
50. Disillusionment is the nurse of wisdom. (Bayle Roche)
It teaches us to be more careful.
51. I will not hold a grudge against you. I’d rather ignore you, so it hurts more.
The best way to get over a disappointment is to try not to let it affect us.
52. Why is it so difficult to express love and yet so easy to express disappointment? (Kaui Hart Hemmings)
An excellent question for us.
53. I was disappointed and the sadness I felt was so great that I didn’t know what to do for a while.
A feeling of loss that makes us lose our way.
54. I don’t hate you. I’m disappointed that you transformed everything you said you would never be.
There are those who change for the worse.
55. Deceptions are not meant to destroy you; they are meant to strengthen you. (Anonymous)
But it all depends on how you take them.
56. The human mind is so vast and full of imagination that real life will never live up to its expectations.
This is why we are the cause of some disappointments.
57. When you are sad, seek laughter to relieve the pain.
Certainly a great medicine.
58. Just sad to trust a friendship and it will disappoint you.
There can also be disappointments in friendships.
59. When you learn to accept instead of waiting, you will have fewer disappointments. (Robert Fisher)
A good tip to put into practice.
60. If your boyfriend tells you that you want to be with him, be careful … because sooner or later he will let you go!
Not all paired goals are shared.
61. How could you be me all, when I was your nothing …
When the other just uses you.
62. We are born crying, we live complaining and we die disappointed. (Thomas Fuller)
A sad reality.
63. Beauty can cause disappointment because if there is no substance underneath, the image becomes nothing more than an empty image.
Apply for people, things and opportunities.
64. People’s broken promises are the main reason why trust decreases.
That is why we have to be careful of what we say.
65. It is better to accept what is happening than to have expectations, so you will avoid many disappointments.
Try to keep our expectations as realistic as possible.
66. Talking about love is easy when you’ve never been used to it.
Failed love shouldn’t be a barrier to trying again.
67. There is something more terrible than slander: the truth. (Prince of Talleyrand)
Paradoxically, it is through the truth that we manage to disappoint.
68. He welcomes disappointment with joy. There is nothing like a spring in your step to get rid of the ugly twilight.
It’s not about falling into a pit, it’s about looking for more positive businesses.
69. If you don’t see the actions with your own eyes, you will be disappointed.
Actions will always speak louder than any word.
70. Disappointment is really just a term for our refusal to look on the bright side. (Richelle E. Goodrich)
An interesting interpretation of the disappointment.
71. Despite the disappointments and sadness, I move forward without looking back.
A great attitude to imitate.
72. I am sad, hurt, angry, angry, disappointed. But you know what? I’ll put on a happy face and move on. It hurts, but I will survive.
No one dies of disappointment.
73. Don’t take life too seriously; you can never make it out alive. (Elbert Hubbard)
We need to relax from time to time, even with the actions of others.
74. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed with what you didn’t do than with what you did. (Mark Twain)
Don’t be afraid to do something you want right now.
75. Don’t let today’s disappointments overshadow your morning dreams.
Remember this is not an end point, but a lesson.
76. One of the greatest pains is having to move away from what you love.
There are times when, in order to move forward, you have to leave things forgotten.
77. Disappointment is a kind of failure: the failure of a soul that expends too much hope and expectation. (Eric Hoffer)
But it can always be renewed.
78. It is written “I believed in you” and it is pronounced “you disappointed me”.
The most common disappointments.
79. When you are disappointed you get stronger, you find things are the way they are and you cannot change them.
It’s when we understand that there are things that are beyond our control.
80. The worst is when you have finished a chapter and the typewriter does not applaud. (Orson Welles)
We can even have a disappointment in our work.
81. You disappointed me, but you didn’t kill me, you taught me.
One way to see the result of a disappointment.
82. Everyone wants to have friends, but few do.
True friends are the ones who stick around in the worst times.
83. It is well worth a minute of true gratitude to erase the disappointments that make life bitter.
Surround yourself with good company and the pain will decrease.
84. There are those who demand exclusivity by walking in the beds of the whole block.
Don’t give someone something they don’t deserve.
85. Deepen the wound that blinds all illusion. (Marc Anthony)
Let not disappointment prevent you from continuing to dream.
86. I choose to live without hope to protect myself from disappointment. It is very effective! (Spencer Kayden)
A radical decision possible.
87. Enthusiasm is followed by disappointment and even depression, then renewed enthusiasm. (Murray Gell Mann)
Good things always outshine bad things.
88. The early disappointment of a hope leaves a scar that lights up when the hope is realized. (Thomas Hardy)
So don’t let a bad time beat you up.
89. When I am disappointed with someone, I lose all contact with that person.
This is the best way to close the wound.
90. You will end up being really disappointed if you think that people will do the same for you as you do for them. Not everyone has the same heart as you.
Remember, not everyone has good intentions.