The world needs more understanding, there is no doubt about it. It is this emotional and cognitive ability that leads us to empathize with the different situations people around the world face, which leads us to establish a sense of brotherhood and collaboration, leaving aside the “differences” that separate us. .
In the following lines you will find a selection of sentences on comprehension that help you understand this way of connecting with someone.
The most memorable comprehension sentences
These quotes and thoughts on understanding show the nuances of this way of empathy and connecting with others.
1. The worst thing that can happen to someone is to be fully understood. (Carl Gustav Jung)
We seek to generate empathy through understanding, not through some form of threat.
2. Whoever does not understand a look will not understand a long explanation either. (Arabic proverbs)
You have to pay attention to body language.
3. Art and culture increase harmony, tolerance and understanding of people. (Matilde Asensi)
Art has the capacity to unite thousands of people.
4. Peace cannot be maintained by force; it can only be achieved through understanding. (Albert Einstein)
Thus, we are able to understand and empathize with other people’s situations.
5. If you begin to understand who you are without trying to change it, who you are will undergo a transformation. (Jiddu Krishnamurti)
Every change should be for the better.
6. Mutual understanding would be greatly facilitated by the use of universal language. (Nikola Tesla)
Offer the same language for all.
7. If we could truly understand, we would no longer be able to judge. (André Malraux)
The goal behind understanding.
8. Mystery creates surprise, and surprise is the basis of man’s desire to understand. (Neil Armstrong)
All that is unknown invites us to investigate.
9. One of the pitfalls of childhood is that you don’t have to understand something to feel it. (Carlos Ruiz Zafon)
We need not only logic, but also emotion.
10. Only an educated mind can understand a thought other than its own without having to accept it. (Aristotle)
All opinions should be respected, as long as they do not harm anyone.
11. We tire of everything except understanding. (Publi Virgili Marón)
Understanding makes us grow.
12. Be patient and understanding. Life is too short to be vengeful or malicious. (Philips Brooks)
It is best to have a positive attitude and get along well with others.
13. There are songs that save your life. Knowing that someone has already heard what you are feeling by then, you are no longer alone. (Javier Cambra)
Emotions can unite us.
14. It is only with the heart that one can see clearly. (Antoine de Saint-Exupéry)
You should never judge without knowing.
15. I don’t like this man. I need to know him better. (Abraham Lincoln)
A good attitude to adopt.
16. A better world is born on the basis of faith and understanding. (Douglas Mac Arthur)
Through positive actions the world can be a better place.
17. Life is the first gift, loving the second and understanding the third. (Marge Piercy)
Gifts that we cannot underestimate.
18. Improving understanding has two purposes: first, our own increase in knowledge; second, to enable us to pass this knowledge on to others. (John Locke)
The importance of putting understanding into practice.
19. The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding. (Leonardo DeVinci)
When we come to understand something, we acquire a new ability.
20. He is only able to understand everything, he is able to love everything. (Gregorio Marañon)
There can be no understanding without acceptance.
21. In your relationship with someone, you lose a lot if you don’t take the time to understand them. (Rob Goldston)
Every relationship needs time for the two people to get to know each other.
22. How comforting we would find if we told our secrets. (John Churton Collins)
Keeping harmful secrets makes us vulnerable.
23. He who knows others is wise; what is known to itself is enlightened. (Lao Tzu)
It’s not just about understanding others, it’s also about us.
24. Mediocre minds often reject anything beyond their comprehension. (François de La Rochefoucauld)
This is why ignorance is so dangerous.
25. When you learn to laugh at the things you should laugh at and not the things you shouldn’t, you will have wisdom and understanding. (Lucy Montgomery)
Very good advice.
26. Madness is like understanding, you know? This cannot be explained. (Marguerite Duras)
It’s more about emotional intelligence.
27. He who understands does not speak, he who speaks does not understand. (Proverbs)
Everything has its time and place.
28. I don’t want peace that transcends understanding. I want the understanding that brings peace. (Helen Keller)
The understanding the world needs.
29. Sadness is caused by intelligence; the more you understand certain things, the more you would like not to understand them. (Charles Bukowski)
You have to understand the evil in order to seek the good.
30. To understand everything is to forgive everything. (Lev Tolstoy)
It brings us to overcome things.
31. If you understand and show that you understand, you can love and the situation will change. (Thich Nhat Hanh)
It is useless to understand if you do not put it into practice.
32. Understanding is a two-way street. (Eleanor Roosevelt)
By giving, you receive.
33. When you really listen to another person from their point of view and give them that understanding back, it is as if you are giving them emotional oxygen. (Stephen Covey)
The power behind understanding.
34. Conversation enriches understanding, but loneliness is the school of genius. (Edouard Gibbon)
It never hurts to spend some time alone getting to know each other.
35. “Thank you” is the best phrase you can say. A “thank you” expresses gratitude, humility, understanding. (Alice Walker)
It all starts with a gesture of benevolence.
36. The woman understands the child better than the man, but the man is more child than the woman. (Friedrich Nietzsche)
37. Man is always ready to deny anything he does not understand. (Blaise Pascal)
It is easier to deny something than to make an effort to understand it.
38. When he was young he believed that love was linked to understanding; but as I got older I discovered that no human being understands another. (Graham Greene)
You never understand anyone, but you can empathize with their situation.
39. We all have two lives. The second begins when you realize that you only have one. (Confucius)
So enjoy every moment you have.
40. The eye sees only what the mind is ready to understand. (Henri Bergson)
It all depends on how we interpret the world.
41. Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain; but it takes character and self-control to understand and forgive. (Dale Carnegie)
Don’t be a fool.
42. Understanding is the first step towards acceptance and can only be regained by accepting. (JK Rowling)
The only way to move forward is to accept things.
43. True love comes from understanding. (Buddha)
There can be no love if there is no understanding in the couple.
44. It is better to understand a little than a lot. (Anatole France)
You are not unaware if you know something.
45. You must know, do not be afraid, know that one day you will die, and until you understand this, you are useless. (Brad Pitt)
Unknown things stop being intimidating when we understand them.
46. Help me to understand what I am saying to you and I will explain it to you better. (Antonio Machado)
An excellent invitation.
47. There are things which can only be understood by the heart, and which will remain an unsolvable enigma even to the greatest understanding. (Dmitry Sergeyevich Merejkovsky)
Sometimes it’s better to listen to our instincts.
48. By the time reason is able to understand what has happened, the wounds in the heart are already too deep. (Carlos Ruiz Zafon)
In this case, you must now work to heal yourself.
49. What you cannot understand you cannot have. (Johann Wolfgang von Goethe)
They will be a permanent mystery.
50. All truths are easy to understand when they are discovered, it is a matter of discovering them. (Galileo)
Everything needs a reason.
51. There is nothing heavier than understanding. (Milan Kundera)
He makes us discover positive things and very troubled things.
52. Seek first to understand, then to be understood. (Stephen Covey)
One step at a time and you will achieve what you are about to do.
53. When people speak, they listen completely. Most people never listen. (Ernest Hemingway)
To understand, you must actively listen.
54. That night I discovered that many things considered bad or bad … are just lonely and lacking in social elegance. (Ewan McGregor)
The things we reject are generally misunderstood.
55. To understand a person’s heart and mind, do not look at what he has done, do not look at what he has accomplished but what he aspires to do. (Khalil Gibran)
Don’t hang on to the past to meet someone.
56. I have greatly reduced that part of my head intended to receive things that are not clear. (Joseph Joubert)
To understand, you have to have an open mind.
57. Nothing is more bitter than to be understood. (Henrik Visen)
When we are misunderstood, the feeling of loneliness arises.
58. The only limit to our understanding of tomorrow will be our doubts about the present. (Franklin D. Roosevelt)
You may not understand something now, but in time you will understand it.
59. Whoever does not understand your silence is unlikely to understand your words. (Elbert Green Hubbard)
Our actions sometimes speak louder than us.
60. Maybe someday we will all come together in the light of understanding. (Malcolm X)
An objective that must not be lost sight of.
61. Nothing is stranger than the word itself making sense to another. It is extraordinary and it is incomprehensible. (Santiago Kovadloff)
A mystery that leads us to a better relationship with others.
62. Anger and intolerance are the enemies of good understanding. (Mohandas K. Gandhi)
The enemies that make people create enmities.
63. With understanding, no one can be hated, not even cruel people, but they can be helped to transform their physical, emotional and social conditions. (Thich Nhat Hanh)
That’s why it’s important to foster empathy.
64. The important thing, especially when they are young, is to understand rather than to cultivate memory. (Jiddu Krishnamurti)
All knowledge requires reasoning and feeling.
65. You don’t have to wait to understand or succeed to persevere. (Unknown author)
If you want to figure something out, do it yourself.
66. Man knows much more than he understands. (Alfred Adler)
Wisdom is almost inaccessible to many.
67. It seeks first to understand and then to be understood. (Stephen R. Covey)
Remember that it is the same precept of giving and receiving.
68. The idiot considers as false everything he is unable to understand. (Saint Thomas Aquinas)
This is why we must be wary of ignorance.
69. Empathy begins with understanding life from another person’s perspective. (Sterling K. Brown)
Many conflicts arise because of our need to be right about everything.
70. Understanding is the principle of approval. (Baruch Spinoza)
Understanding is the start of many actions.
71. You seldom understood me, and I seldom understood you. It was only when we were in the mud that we immediately understood each other. (Heinrich Heine)
It’s when we share situations that we come to sympathize with.
72. Our species needs and deserves citizens with alert minds and basic knowledge of how the world works. (Carl Sagan)
The future of humanity depends on our empathy.
73. Perhaps one would not like to be loved so much as to be understood. (George Orwell)
Love can be shown by understanding.
74. The agreement is not absolutely final. What is now might be wrong later. (Toba beta)
Understanding doesn’t mean we’re stuck with the same thought.
75. You cannot put the same shoe on each foot. (Publilius Syrus)
Each situation experienced is different for people.
76. Communication leads to community, that is, to understanding, intimacy and mutual appreciation. (May Roll)
Good communication promotes a great relationship in the future.
77. I have carefully tried not to laugh at human actions, nor to mourn them, nor to hate them, but to understand them. (Baruch Spinoza)
We must know how to manage our emotions.
78. Try to understand, you are not a character of tragedy. (Ernest Hemingway)
What is preventing you from sitting down and listening to others?
79. The least we can do in the service of something is to understand it. (José Ortega i Gasset)
The best way to help someone is to understand their situation.
80. Each of us sees “green” differently. So, this is all an understanding approach. (Nick Bantock)
Our opinions don’t matter, but we are able to respect each other.
81. Human understanding of its nature is inclined to assume the existence of more order and regularity in the world than it finds. (Mr. Francis Bacon)
We need to analyze which actions benefit us and which do not.
82. Understanding frees the mind, awakens the critical faculty of analysis. It allows them to see the meaning of the fact, not just to rationalize it. (Jiddu Krishnamurti)
The way we open our minds.
83. If you follow the classic pattern, you understand the routine, the tradition, the shadow, you don’t understand yourself. (Bruce Lee)
Traditions are not always good for our growth.
84. Humility is the light of understanding. (John Bunyan)
Being humble leads us to building better relationships.
85. Life can only be understood upside down; but you have to live it with impatience. (Søren Kierkegaard)
Good advice for understanding and moving forward.
86. You only find yourself when you face the truth. (Pearl Bailey)
The truth hurts, but it is necessary.
87. Studying what is abnormal is the best way to understand what is normal. (William James)
We should never fear what we don’t know.
88. Only good friends know how to understand when their presence disturbs us. (Noel Claraso)
A good friend knows how to respect your needs.
89. We despise ourselves or hate ourselves because we do not understand ourselves because we do not undertake to study ourselves. (Santiago Ramon i Cajal)
The real reason after so much global hatred.
90. Great torment of living with those who hate us; no more torture to deal with those who don’t understand us not. (Nicet Alcalá Zamora I Torres)
Stay away from those who are unable to respect you.