Rock is one of the most popular musical genres in the world, as the lyrics of its songs, its costumes and its staging are part of the aesthetics, culture and philosophy of life of a large part. societies around the world since its emergence in the 1950s when it first appeared.
Although one might think otherwise, the depth of his lyrics is very interesting, as they address questions of a social, cultural nature or thoughts that seek to defend values, and sometimes a way of rebelling against a system.
Here we will review the best rock song phrases, he commented.
The most memorable rock song phrases
To understand the impact that this kind of music has had on people, here is a list of the best rock phrases that may surprise you.
1. Your pride has built a wall too strong that I cannot cross. (Scorpio)
Pride is a feeling that in some situations causes great harm.
2. Optimism is my best defense. (Rod Stewart)
You must always have confidence and security.
3. All you need is love, love. Love is all you need. (The Beatles)
Love can do anything.
4. I am suffering from a temporary madness, come down to earth and cross the line of demarcation which, in this story, separates madness from reason. (Extremodur)
There are situations where what seemed crazy can actually be an issue.
5. I made you so mine that for a moment I forgot you. (Gustavo Cerati)
When you really love yourself, forgetting is almost impossible.
6. I will be there for you. I would live and die for you. I would steal the sun from the sky for you. Words do not express what love feels. (Bon Jovi)
True love is unique and special.
7. Rock is not responsible for cholesterol. (Miguel Rios)
For a lot of people rock is a boring genre.
8. The party never ends. You can’t think of dying when the bottle is your best friend. (Skid Row)
It refers to the harmfulness of alcohol.
9. War, children, is only a stone’s throw away. (Rolling stones)
War leaves more negative consequences than benefits for those who experience it.
10. Be a simple dhome class. I know something that you like and understand. (Lynyrd Skynyrd)
Before we can please others, we have to please ourselves.
11. The pain of war cannot exceed the pain of the consequences. (Led Zeppelin)
The consequences of war are not always easy to overcome.
12. When I am tired and thoughtful, I hide in my music, I forget the day and I dream of a girl that I have met; I close my eyes and she disappears. (Boston)
Music is a very effective tool to unwind after a busy day.
13. You will take my life, but I will also take yours. You will shoot with your musket, but I will pass you. Then when you wait for the next attack you had better resist, there is no turning back. (Iron Maiden)
Relationships can be difficult to understand.
14. All the paths we have to take are difficult and all the lights that guide us are going out. (Oasis)
There are very difficult paths to travel.
15. Take my hand, take my whole life too, but I can’t help but fall in love with you. (Elvis Presley)
Love is not planned, only felt.
16. You can’t start a fire without a spark, I’m ready to get burned, even if we’re only dancing in the dark. (Bruce Springsteen)
Love is a kind of spark that consumes everything.
17. Don’t cry tonight, there’s a heaven up there, honey. (Guns and roses)
There are always beautiful things to see in the sky, so don’t forget to look up.
18. I want to be the one to bite your mouth, I want to know that life with you will not end. (The Rodriguez)
It’s great to have someone to love.
19. Her lips are like the edge of a galaxy, and her kisses are like the color of a constellation. (Arctic Monkeys)
Kissing your loved one is a wonderful thing.
20. How do you want to be my friend, if for you I would lose, if I confuse your caresses with a camel if you look at me. (Jarab de Pal)
Friendship can be turned into something more beautiful.
21. Mom, I just killed a man: I pointed a gun at his temple, pulled the trigger, and now he’s dead. Mom, life has just started and I messed it up. (Queen)
One of the most poetic songs in rock that speaks of repentance and resignation. Although everyone can interpret it as they see fit.
22. Here we are! Here we are! All aboard and walk the road. Let’s go ! To rock and roll around the world. (Status quo)
It’s very nice to go for a walk and listen to good rock.
23. I want to know what love is, I want you to teach me. I want to hear what love is, I know you can teach me. (Foreigner)
Love is a feeling we should all experience, even once in our lifetime.
24. I’m the guy no one knows, I’m living a life I haven’t chosen, but these thoughts in my mind are mine. (Iggy Pop)
Although we lead a different life than we expected, the way we think is in line with our feelings.
25. Pay attention to the moon, say the stars, more beautiful than anything I stay with it. (Wed)
A praise of the beauty of the moon in the night sky.
26. Affection should you let me know … should I stay or should I go? If you say you’re mine, I’ll be here until the end of time. (Shock)
It is always good to express our feelings.
27. Sad, like a dog on the road, like a turtle in a hurry, like a nun in a brothel. Like when you’re gone, like when you don’t rub a woman’s lips. (The escape)
Loneliness is a feeling that no one should have.
28. If you ever feel like giving up, I won’t disappoint you. When the hope is gone, I know you will continue. (Nickelback)
It is important to have someone to lean on when you are tempted to give up.
29. Now that I have tried to talk to you and make you understood, all you have to do is close your eyes, reach out your hand and touch me. Keep me close and never let me go. (Extreme)
Being able to talk to our loved one and express how we feel is one way to show our love.
30. Baptisms of fire through these fields of destruction. I witnessed your suffering as the battle escalated. And although they have hurt me so much, with fear and dread, you have not abandoned my brothers in arms. (Strait of Dire)
True friendship is always present even in difficult times.
31. I saw you, I wasn’t looking for anyone and I saw you. (Fito Páez)
Love is like that, it is not looking for itself, but is found.
32. Whenever I kiss you, the things I’ve never told you seem to come out easily… because you are everything to me. (TO KISS)
A hug says more than a thousand words.
33. When I look you in the eye, don’t lie to me. You tell me the truth, your words guide me. That’s all I got, all I would say… if this was my last day. (Poison)
Eyes never lie.
34. All that you touch and all that you see is all that your life will be. (Pink Floyd)
You have the power to run your life.
35. They say you have poison on your skin and you are plastic, they say you have a divine touch and whoever touches you stays with it. (Future Radio)
It refers to women who are frivolous.
36. Don’t ask me what I think of you, I couldn’t answer you. (Fleetwood Mac)
It is often difficult to express your thoughts to someone.
37. Send me dead flowers at my wedding and I will not forget to put roses in your grave. (The rolling stones)
We should always give blessings to those who have hurt us.
38. I want to know… Have you ever seen rain fall on a sunny day? (Creedence Clear Water Renaissance)
Life has many contradictions.
39. What is the use of being immortal if you cannot die of love? (Babasonic)
Love is the life force.
40. It’s the eye of the tiger, it’s the thrill of battle, challenge your opponent. (Survivor)
A song that motivates us to never give up.
41. This fire is hot and out of control. It’s not a problem you can stop, it’s Rock n ‘Roll! (Guns N ‘Roses)
Anyone who loves rock has a passion for it.
42. The seasons are not afraid of death, nor of wind, sun or rain. Come on my daughter, don’t be afraid of death. (Öyster Cult Blue)
There is no need to be afraid of anything, let alone death.
43. Stand up straight, raise your fist and come to the pagan feast, there is a drink at the bonfire. Of the same condition is not the people or a lord: they have the clergy, we our sweat. (Wizard of Oz)
It refers to the unbridled life that some people have.
44. Obey your master! We love puppets, I shoot your son. Twist your mind and crush your dreams. (Metallic)
Beware of people who want to manipulate you as they please.
45. Every rose has its thorn as every night has its dawn, just as every Texan sings a sad song, every rose has its thorn. (Poison)
Life gives us good things, but also bad things.
46. mother, tell your children not to do what I have done: to spend their lives in sin and misery in the house of the rising sun. (Animals)
We are an example to others. So we’re not trying to be.
47. We learned more than a three-minute song that we didn’t learn in school. (Bruce Springsteen)
Throughout life, you learn more than in college.
48. Yes, I know that no one knows where he came from or where he is going. I know it’s everyone’s sin, you have to lose to learn to win. (Aerosmith)
When everything is bad, we must not give up, but move on.
49. Sometimes when I play that old guitar I think about you and wonder what went wrong. (Bryan Adams)
Memories bring us joy and sadness.
50. All I want is to be more like me and less like you. (Linkin Park)
You must be yourself and not be a copy of others.
51. I don’t care if it hurts, I want to be in control. I want a perfect body, I want a perfect soul. (radio head)
Many think that being in control is perfect. The worst part is that there is no such thing as perfection.
52. I try to laugh about it by hiding tears in my eyes so that the boys don’t cry. (The treatment)
There is the absurd belief that men don’t cry when reality is different.
53. Share with me a quartet of silence, lend me your bag of dreams tonight. Either you give me a pulse, or we play a simple one. Rub with me until you make me shine. (Manolo Garcia)
It’s always nice to have company.
54. Because your life is long and your flight is high. You will be dedicating smiles and crying tears and whatever you touch and whatever you see will be all your life will be. (Pink Floyd)
We will always have pleasant situations and others less.
55. How are you feeling? How does it feel not to have a home? Being alone and homeless. A complete stranger, like a rolling stone. (Bob Dylan)
Loneliness is not always a good counselor.
56. It’s my life, it’s now or never, because I won’t live forever, I just want to live as long as I’m still alive. (Bon Jovi)
You have to live in the present without thinking about the past or focusing on the future.
57. I just want someone to tell me, “I’ll still be there when you wake up.” You know I like to keep my cheeks dry so stay with me and it will be done. (Blind melon)
Having someone to share with is the most important thing in life.
58. You’re scared, your life is gone, but someone has to pull the trigger. (Barricade)
Fear is part of life. That is why you must learn to overcome it every time it appears.
59. I was born free! Free as a raging river, strong as the wind that hits my face, chasing dreams and running against fatherly time. (Kid Rock)
We were born free and loose, we learn this over time.
60. Why be alone when we can be together? You can improve my life, I can start to make you smile … (Mr. Big)
Living as a couple is the ideal state for human beings.
61. She used my head like a gun and set my consciousness on fire with her demons. (Stereo Soda)
Never let others tell you what to think.
62. Freedom is just another word for losing nothing. (Janis Joplin)
Freedom is man’s most precious commodity.
63. Get your head out of the mud, affection. Put flowers in the mud, affection. (U2)
There are always difficult situations in life.
64. Without love in our souls and without money in our coats, we cannot be said to be satisfied. But Angie, I still love you dearly, wherever you look… I see your eyes. (Rolling stones)
Even though we only have love, we are still immensely rich.
65. Night falls and dawns in Paris, the day it all happened. Like an endless crazy dream, fortune laughed at you. (The union)
It refers to the nights spent in Paris.
66. We don’t need education, we don’t need them to control our thoughts, no black sarcasm in the classroom; teachers !, leave the children alone. (Pink Floyd)
The education system has always been and will be called into question.
67. Better to burn than to faint. (Neil Young)
It is better to have little than to have nothing.
68. I keep looking for an answer, I never seem to find what I’m looking for. Oh sir, please give me the strength to keep going because I know what it means to walk along the lonely street of dreams. (White snake)
There are dreams that cannot come true because they only live in fantasy.
69. Ob-la-di, Ob-la-da, life goes on. (The Beatles)
Life goes on forever, however.
70. When you are not in the morning, they are tinged with sad songs, they are like the light perfume which for a moment bathes you and marks you. (Manolo Garcia)
When you are far from being loved, nothing makes sense.
71. I can’t speak like they do on TV. I can’t write a love song the way it should be. I can’t do it all, but I would do anything for you. I can’t do anything but fall in love with you. (Strait of Dire)
When we are in love, we are capable of anything.
72. If we were blind and had no other choice. Would we hate each other for the tone of our voice? (Anthrax)
It’s not what is said, but how it’s done that affects the relationship.
73. How to dance if our planet is spinning? How to sleep if the beds are burning? (Midnight Oil)
It’s not easy to stay calm when everything is different around us.
74. The preacher said, “You know you have the Lord by your side,” and I was so happy to hear that I jumped 20 red lights in his name. (The rolling stones)
Many people do bad things in the name of God.
75. You are ordered to shoot at what you see, you have your finger on the trigger, but that does not seem right to you: now you are in the army. (Status quo)
Sometimes we do things, no matter how bad they are.
76. Let’s make a revolution, may our leader be the Sun and our army may be butterflies. For another flag to be cleared up and for the conquest to understand that swords must be changed for roses. (Wizard of Oz)
We must always bet on peace and avoid war.
77. I want to live twice so that I can forget you. I want to take you with me and I’m not going anywhere. (Andrés Calamaro)
Forgetting the person you love can be difficult.
78. I see a “forever” when I look in your eyes. You are everything I ever wanted and I want you to be mine forever. We make a promise until the end of time: we will always be together and our love will never die. (fire station)
To always be by the side of the person we love so much is a dream come true.
79. I don’t see myself loving anyone other than you for the rest of my life. When you’re with me baby the skies will be blue for the rest of my life. (Turtles)
When you really love each other, it’s impossible to be with someone else.
80. My body burns, starts to cry, desire comes and bursts scandalously. Lust is caged until the storm breaks loose, I just have to do it with someone I choose. (Scorpio)
Being with that ideal person is why you should always bet.
81. I was made to love you girl, you were made to love me and I can’t get enough of you girl, can you get tired of me? (TO KISS)
True love never gets tired.
82. It was never such a short farewell, I never thought it was final. I have never loved someone so much in my life, I have never treated my family as a stranger. (Hero of silence)
All goodbyes are painful, even those that are necessary.
83. How can I explain if he never agrees when I do? It’s always been the same, the same old story. As soon as I was able to speak, I was ordered to listen; but now there is an alternative and I know I have to go. (Cat Stevens)
When someone doesn’t understand us, it’s better to say goodbye.
84. We have the right to choose, we will not lose it in any case, it is our life, it is our song. We will fight for the power of justice, will not choose our destiny, know or belong to each other. (Crooked sister)
Never let others choose for you.
85. Strangers wait on either side of the boulevard, their shadows seeking the night. Streetlights, people who only live to find emotion, hiding somewhere in the night. (Journey)
Night lends itself to many things.
86. Is this the love that I feel? Is this the love I was looking for? Is this love or am I dreaming? It must be love because you really dominated me. (White snake)
Discovering love is often a bit tricky.
87. I would walk 500 miles and 500 more, just to be the man who walks 1,000 miles to fall at the door. (The Publishers)
Anything can be done when you’re in love.
88. So I saw your face, now I’m a believer. There’s no hint of doubt in my mind, I’m in love, I’m a believer, I couldn’t let it go even if I tried. (Monkeys)
Faith opens many doors.
89. Everyone talks to me, I can’t hear what they say, just the echoes of my mind. People stop to look, I can’t see the faces, only the shadow of their eyes. (Harry Nilsson)
Living in the shadows is a degrading way of life.
90. You don’t know what you got until you lose it, I don’t know what my big mistake was. Now I know what I got: just this song. (Cinderella)
There are mistakes that cause us to lose very valuable people.
The lyrics of rock songs carry a number of lessons, you just need to know how to listen and understand.